Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,862 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:11 PM

A True Tale Of My Old Friend, Now Insane And Roams About The Streets. - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / A True Tale Of My Old Friend, Now Insane And Roams About The Streets. (47329 Views)

COVID-19 In Ecuador: Cardboard Coffins, Over 100 Bodies Litter The Streets / Cryptic Pregnancy: Doctor Abah Ehi Peter Shares Worrisome Tale Of Pregnancy Scam / Man Who Returned From London For Christmas Roaming The Streets Of Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A True Tale Of My Old Friend, Now Insane And Roams About The Streets. by EmperorTolson: 12:55am On Sep 10, 2021
DropsMic:
Mine was my big nephew in 2007

Very handsome fair dude. Baba lived with us until 2004 when he travelled to Ogun state in his own words to go and hustle so my dad gave him some money and we all bade him farewell

Three years later when i was playing football, a mad man walked into our field so we had to pause for him to pass' but there was something about this particular madman he was so familiar so i just kept staring at him. thst was when it clicked.. No be John (not his name) be this. To be sure i wasn't mistaken i hurriedly walked past him and stopped at his front to get a very good look and then i confirmed it again. It was John. My knees almost gave out, i couldn't even go back to the field i just went somewhere to wait for my guys to finish playing so we could all walk home.

When the match ended my friends joined me and we all strolled to our various homes. On getting to my house i met our door wide open, when i went in guess who i saw sleeping on our couch.. Omo the story long eh.

This life just get as e dey
Lie lie lover
Iro po, iro po, iro po
Re: A True Tale Of My Old Friend, Now Insane And Roams About The Streets. by xandy84: 1:05am On Sep 10, 2021
1800 credit sent.

HenryDion:

My number is in my signature grin
Re: A True Tale Of My Old Friend, Now Insane And Roams About The Streets. by kolaaderin: 1:08am On Sep 10, 2021
anthonyuncle:
do you believe it is really possible to go gaga through excessive reading?
Yes, i have seen this happened. A cousin was obsess with books, at first the family though they have got an Albert Einstein in the family as he gives interest in reading all kind of books. He actually do read those books as he will literally explain details of his reading, be it science books or what ever the field is.
The bad experience started going awful when he started showing sign of disorganisation, books everywhere and they still felt greats scientist usually exhibit such traits, they kept loading him with books until a point he started tearing off pages of textbooks he read. This was left on attended and before they could realised its a mental issue then it was too late as he already stated talking to walls in is own room. Very sad story to recall, very promising brain wasted, I never want to recall the incident again.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A True Tale Of My Old Friend, Now Insane And Roams About The Streets. by Nobody: 1:40am On Sep 10, 2021
xandy84:

1800 credit sent.

Very much appreciated boss!!!

Re: A True Tale Of My Old Friend, Now Insane And Roams About The Streets. by tujays(m): 3:06am On Sep 10, 2021
Sirmuel1:
This is sad.
A Mad Man is still better than a dead Pwrson. Someday, He will recover from his madness.
you need to work seriously on your mentality. a mad person is suffering in pains while a dead person is resting. (at peace)

1 Like

Re: A True Tale Of My Old Friend, Now Insane And Roams About The Streets. by CareerMom: 5:16am On Sep 10, 2021
A lot of mad people were afflicted spiritually. My cousin is currently experiencing this, just when he got admission into the university, he became insane. He is being treated. I've had a near experience in my immediate family, it was tackled with prayers. My neighbor is experiencing it once in a while, he is also being treated. My childhood neighbor too, this is the one that hurts the most because he roams around the estate every morning and evening. We all got admission together, next thing he went insane. We are all graduates now except him, it hurts to see him roaming the streets everyday. Parents and people should stop announcing their progress, many people are not happy for you.

4 Likes

Re: A True Tale Of My Old Friend, Now Insane And Roams About The Streets. by RSVP: 5:44am On Sep 10, 2021
Sirmuel1:
This is sad.
A Mad Man is still better than a dead Pwrson. Someday, He will recover from his madness.

Just pray you don't have a mad man as relative then you know death is painless.
Re: A True Tale Of My Old Friend, Now Insane And Roams About The Streets. by vicfajeze: 6:12am On Sep 10, 2021
[quote author=lilvicky68 post=105643719]If him never enter market.. he can still be cured..can u cure him?
Re: A True Tale Of My Old Friend, Now Insane And Roams About The Streets. by LOVEGINO(m): 6:33am On Sep 10, 2021
Sirmuel1:
This is sad.
oboi madness nor be am ooooo
Re: A True Tale Of My Old Friend, Now Insane And Roams About The Streets. by Ceekaycee: 8:15am On Sep 10, 2021
Havertz10:
Some people will blame drugs or spiritual beings but the truth is that society is an agency, if it gets too difficult for certain people they give up and accept whatever comes their way till they die

Your friend has given up, has lost his pride, shame and self worth, he is just going to drift through the rest of his life till he dies, it's sad but it's the reality of the world we live in today.

Mad people aren't mad they are hopeless

Hope is a gift which even God pray that we lose not.
Re: A True Tale Of My Old Friend, Now Insane And Roams About The Streets. by Bonsujk: 9:05am On Sep 10, 2021
DropsMic:
Mine was my big nephew in 2007

Very handsome fair dude. Baba lived with us until 2004 when he travelled to Ogun state in his own words to go and hustle so my dad gave him some money and we all bade him farewell

Three years later when i was playing football, a mad man walked into our field so we had to pause for him to pass' but there was something about this particular madman he was so familiar so i just kept staring at him. thst was when it clicked.. No be John (not his name) be this. To be sure i wasn't mistaken i hurriedly walked past him and stopped at his front to get a very good look and then i confirmed it again. It was John. My knees almost gave out, i couldn't even go back to the field i just went somewhere to wait for my guys to finish playing so we could all walk home.

When the match ended my friends joined me and we all strolled to our various homes. On getting to my house i met our door wide open, when i went in guess who i saw sleeping on our couch.. Omo the story long eh.

This life just get as e dey

Abeg continue the story
Re: A True Tale Of My Old Friend, Now Insane And Roams About The Streets. by DappaD: 9:18am On Sep 10, 2021
Matheusmartin:
In all, those that were not born are the luckiest,why those that died immediately they were born are the second luckiest..

Isn’t it astonishing how Ecclesiastes 4:3 in the Bible shares a similar thought?

1 Like

Re: A True Tale Of My Old Friend, Now Insane And Roams About The Streets. by Udodiri01: 9:30am On Sep 10, 2021
The truth is I have like four cases of very close friends... But I can only share 1...this one is my friends elder brother he was very brilliant and smart.... The secondary sch he got into was one of the best as ur academic record must be good... But you know schools, rich parents must bribe their way.... My friends elder brother wants to belong to the hippies.... They got him hooked and he has never been the same since then... Even during his father's burial, I saw him saging his dirty boxers as that was the only cloth on him.. He was not even involved during the ceremony i.e he is the first son.... My little advice is most people are mentally unstable already or have a family history of insanity and are just waiting for a little tip to get them to insanity land.... Be careful
Re: A True Tale Of My Old Friend, Now Insane And Roams About The Streets. by Psoul(m): 9:51am On Sep 10, 2021
Ecbatana:
You'd do well as a writer OP, your story's ending is laced with gloom. Probably there were hints of him tilting towards insanity but was ignored by those close to him till it spiraled out of control. It could have happened as a result of some deliberate action(s) of his, orchestrated by foe or inherited from bloodline. May he find cure!

His write up is great. Well articulated.
Laced with good grammar.
I never wanted the story to end.

2 Likes

Re: A True Tale Of My Old Friend, Now Insane And Roams About The Streets. by kay29000(m): 9:56am On Sep 10, 2021
realestate99:
“ There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.

Patrick Rothfuss.

Damn! This is deep... I can totally relate
Re: A True Tale Of My Old Friend, Now Insane And Roams About The Streets. by kay29000(m): 10:06am On Sep 10, 2021
Ilovezzor:

Sincerely family members and friends of such people are to blame most times

Last time i visited ikorudu in lagos my lil cousin told me about his secondary school principal child who is mentally unstable and instead of been taken to the hospital he was let out of the house sometime daily to roam and feed from dustbins.

Like who does that?

Alot of mentally sick people had thier illnesses from natural cause but family member in this country never see it that way first, its always village people.

It is not as easy as you think. I know someone from back in my secondary school days in the 90s that is mad now. His family have done their best... They have spent all the money they have, and even borrowed money to take him to rehab multiple times... But the cycle is always the same. He will be okay for a couple of weeks, they will think everything is okay, but then one day, he will wake up, sell any and everything he can sell in the house, and go get high... And it is back to square one. After over ten years of the same thing happening, and the family members not living their own life because of him, they had to remove hand from his matter.

I know it is hard to understand why any family member would leave their family to wonder around, but some cases are almost hopeless.

1 Like

Re: A True Tale Of My Old Friend, Now Insane And Roams About The Streets. by Ilovezzor: 10:28am On Sep 10, 2021
kay29000:

It is not as easy as you think. I know someone from back in my secondary school days in the 90s that is mad now. His family have done their best... They have spent all the money they have, and even borrowed money to take him to rehab multiple times... But the cycle is always the same. He will be okay for a couple of weeks, they will think everything is okay, but then one day, he will wake up, sell any and everything he can sell in the house, and go get high... And it is back to square one. After over ten years of the same thing happening, and the family members not living their own life because of him, they had to remove hand from his matter.

I know it is hard to understand why any family member would leave their family to wonder around, but some cases are almost hopeless.

Bro this story you shared is a total different scenario

This other boy is a kid
Re: A True Tale Of My Old Friend, Now Insane And Roams About The Streets. by realestate99: 11:55am On Sep 10, 2021
kay29000:

Damn! This is deep... I can totally relate

“ When you are mad, mad like this, you don't know it. Reality is what you see. When what you see shifts, departing from anyone else's reality, it's still reality to you.

Marya Hornbacher.

2 Likes

Re: A True Tale Of My Old Friend, Now Insane And Roams About The Streets. by onojaford(m): 3:41pm On Sep 10, 2021
I would appreciate it very much if you can outline an incident you have witnessed. I'm really curious to see how valid charms and spiritual means are in causing mental illnesses.
Charmingrascal:

Bro it can make people mad.

I don't subscribe to fetishism but bro juju dey o and e dey make people mad
Re: A True Tale Of My Old Friend, Now Insane And Roams About The Streets. by Jazzman01: 5:18pm On Sep 10, 2021
Matheusmartin:
In all, those that were not born are the luckiest,why those that died immediately they were born are the second luckiest..

Hummn, this is deep but many shallow minded people won't understand. I have discussed this same thing with some guys in the past and they thought I was insane. Obviously they couldn't dig deep to see reasons with me.

1 Like

Re: A True Tale Of My Old Friend, Now Insane And Roams About The Streets. by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:36pm On Sep 10, 2021
Perfectnumber6:
Try to reach out to him bro and find out the cause ... Similar situation happened to a team mate of mine back in Nigeria the last time I saw him he uses bag of rice as clothes .. very terrible a very good player who can take on a defender one on one and out jump the tallest of defenders to score .. He wasn't into drugs per say but it seems family problem and village people .peace .

This story sounds SO FAMILIAR.

The one I know actually went mad when he was about travelling out for football trial. Good football seems to run in the family as I'm friend with his younger brother who is also a very good footballer

1 Like

Re: A True Tale Of My Old Friend, Now Insane And Roams About The Streets. by Jemerson: 7:29pm On Sep 10, 2021
Jazzman01:

Hummn, this is deep but many shallow minded people won't understand. I have discussed this same thing with some guys in the past and they thought I was insane. Obviously they couldn't dig deep to see reasons with me.

Shameless man. So you ran away
Re: A True Tale Of My Old Friend, Now Insane And Roams About The Streets. by anthonyuncle(m): 9:36pm On Sep 10, 2021
kolaaderin:
Yes, i have seen this happened. A cousin was obsess with books, at first the family though they have got an Albert Einstein in the family as he gives interest in reading all kind of books. He actually do read those books as he will literally explain details of his reading, be it science books or what ever the field is.
The bad experience started going awful when he started showing sign of disorganisation, books everywhere and they still felt greats scientist usually exhibit such traits, they kept loading him with books until a point he started tearing off pages of textbooks he read. This was left on attended and before they could realised its a mental issue then it was too late as he already stated talking to walls in is own room. Very sad story to recall, very promising brain wasted, I never want to recall the incident again.

thanks for your input.

i have a friend who i think is mentally unstable because of books.

i can also remember while i was in final year, i was reading so hectically to the extent that those around me started warning me to slow down before i run mad.

1 Like

Re: A True Tale Of My Old Friend, Now Insane And Roams About The Streets. by Balzy: 12:23pm On Sep 13, 2021
AMEN
Re: A True Tale Of My Old Friend, Now Insane And Roams About The Streets. by Nobody: 9:17am On Sep 26, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

Drugs should be the number one culprit

The amount of loud and Mali people smoke in Lagos. You'd be wondering if their brain is made of metal.

Then you with your church mind, will just try to taste it once. Just once.

Your engine go knock pata-pata

My advice for young people - never pick up new vices. If playing video games is your vice, stick to it.

Better to quit that vice than to add a new one.

Because that new one you're starting from level 1, and most times level 1 is where all the wrong things happen.

This guy, At the bolded, You really Sabi. I've been there tooo. I had to Jakpa and thank my God.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Some Coronavirus Patients Gave Wrong Information - Lagos Commissioner For Health / 19 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total 362. 99 Discharged. 11 Deaths / Coronavirus In Lagos Nigeria: The Italian Patient's Contacts To Be Identified

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.