Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,057 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

A True Tale Of My Old Friend, Now Insane And Roams About The Streets. - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / A True Tale Of My Old Friend, Now Insane And Roams About The Streets. (47355 Views)

COVID-19 In Ecuador: Cardboard Coffins, Over 100 Bodies Litter The Streets / Cryptic Pregnancy: Doctor Abah Ehi Peter Shares Worrisome Tale Of Pregnancy Scam / Man Who Returned From London For Christmas Roaming The Streets Of Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A True Tale Of My Old Friend, Now Insane And Roams About The Streets. by loliapoopy2013(f): 8:32pm On Sep 09, 2021
Teewhy2:
what a sad story, Just try to reach out to NGO that can help him and if you have enough money to support his treatment that will be great.

What kind of NGO's help people like this?
Re: A True Tale Of My Old Friend, Now Insane And Roams About The Streets. by Codo22(m): 8:50pm On Sep 09, 2021
Sirmuel1:
This is sad.
A Mad Man is still better than a dead Pwrson. Someday, He will recover from his madness.

I strongly doubt that...in death we find peace

1 Like

Re: A True Tale Of My Old Friend, Now Insane And Roams About The Streets. by Sunnydays: 8:56pm On Sep 09, 2021
Please keep us updated. I pray he can get the help he desperately needs through you. Maybe a first step is to find his family.
Re: A True Tale Of My Old Friend, Now Insane And Roams About The Streets. by Anieke77(m): 8:59pm On Sep 09, 2021
lilvicky68:
If him never enter market.. he can still be cured..

Reach out to people that can help..if you can
what if he don enter market
Re: A True Tale Of My Old Friend, Now Insane And Roams About The Streets. by onojaford(m): 8:59pm On Sep 09, 2021
I don't think charms make people mad.
Charmingrascal:
Someone already concluded that drugs caused his mental illness.

What if Marvis involved himself in some ritual to make quick money and it back fire, what if it was depression, what if Marvis was at the wrong place at the wrong time.

What if someone made Marvis mad.

I always say this, many mentally ill patients that are roaming the streets will be well if they are giving psychiatric treatment.
The Government should do something to help mentally ill patients

May God heal Marvis and send helper his way

1 Like

Re: A True Tale Of My Old Friend, Now Insane And Roams About The Streets. by lilvicky68(m): 9:01pm On Sep 09, 2021
Anieke77:
what if he don enter market
Na strong man of God him go need

1 Like

Re: A True Tale Of My Old Friend, Now Insane And Roams About The Streets. by Charmingrascal(m): 9:02pm On Sep 09, 2021
onojaford:
I don't think charms make people mad.

Bro it can make people mad.

I don't subscribe to fetishism but bro juju dey o and e dey make people mad

1 Like

Re: A True Tale Of My Old Friend, Now Insane And Roams About The Streets. by onojaford(m): 9:03pm On Sep 09, 2021
The most reasonable and scientific reply to matters like this ever. From the way Nigerians believe in the efficacy of charms, it only proves that their schooling may be largely vain.
Havertz10:
Some people will blame drugs or spiritual beings but the truth is that society is an agency, if it gets too difficult for certain people they give up and accept whatever comes their way till they die

Your friend has given up, has lost his pride, shame and self worth, he is just going to drift through the rest of his life till he dies, it's sad but it's the reality of the world we live in today.

Mad people aren't mad they are hopeless

2 Likes

Re: A True Tale Of My Old Friend, Now Insane And Roams About The Streets. by Warmaterial(m): 9:07pm On Sep 09, 2021
Set up 'go fund me' for him and take him to psychiatric hospital for cure ASAP. Even here many people will support the move.
Re: A True Tale Of My Old Friend, Now Insane And Roams About The Streets. by Nobody: 9:10pm On Sep 09, 2021
hopexter:
I’m in a London bus heading home from work while I decided to read this post, this actually made me shed tears, mostly at the part where you couldn’t call out to your own Gee cos he’s now someone else. May God help us protect our own brain from mental instability. Return back to normal Marvis cry cry

I was in a Nigerian bus when I came across your comment, and it's indeed a touching story.

Elereburuku!!! sad

3 Likes

Re: A True Tale Of My Old Friend, Now Insane And Roams About The Streets. by gadgetplanetng: 9:17pm On Sep 09, 2021
schizophrenia

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A True Tale Of My Old Friend, Now Insane And Roams About The Streets. by anthonyuncle(m): 9:28pm On Sep 09, 2021
do you believe it is really possible to go gaga through excessive reading?

1 Like

Re: A True Tale Of My Old Friend, Now Insane And Roams About The Streets. by jlomz: 9:33pm On Sep 09, 2021
Just wanted to ask OP, did you care to ask back then when you were in RSUST if he was also a student too? As you didn't mention that in your write-up, it could help in a way to figure out what happened.

May he find peace wherever he is and may the mercy of God speak for him.

1 Like

Re: A True Tale Of My Old Friend, Now Insane And Roams About The Streets. by Cheryph200(m): 9:39pm On Sep 09, 2021
Sirmuel1:
This is sad.
A Mad Man is still better than a dead Pwrson. Someday, He will recover from his madness.
it not better make we no see such ijn
Re: A True Tale Of My Old Friend, Now Insane And Roams About The Streets. by blozzynonny(f): 9:54pm On Sep 09, 2021
This was how I saw one of the vibrant youths in our teenage church back then roaming the streets looking tattered and so unkempt with overgrown dirty nails. I couldn't believe my eyes but what made me believe was that he was still with a copy of the Bible. I felt so sad.

I wonder what could have happened to him.

2 Likes

Re: A True Tale Of My Old Friend, Now Insane And Roams About The Streets. by Mouhstorph5(m): 10:26pm On Sep 09, 2021
Huh.....

This is so disheartening. While there are many questions to be ask, I pray he is healed.

#GuardYourMentalHealthJealously

1 Like

Re: A True Tale Of My Old Friend, Now Insane And Roams About The Streets. by ikorodureporta: 10:32pm On Sep 09, 2021
Too much stress.... This type for don commit suicide vsince
Re: A True Tale Of My Old Friend, Now Insane And Roams About The Streets. by chieni(f): 10:41pm On Sep 09, 2021
DropsMic:
Mine was my big nephew in 2007

Very handsome fair dude. Baba lived with us until 2004 when he travelled to Ogun state in his own words to go and hustle so my dad gave him some money and we all bade him farewell

Three years later when i was playing football, a mad man walked into our field so we had to pause for him to pass' but there was something about this particular madman he was so familiar so i just kept staring at him. thst was when it clicked.. No be John (not his name) be this. To be sure i wasn't mistaken i hurriedly walked past him and stopped at his front to get a very good look and then i confirmed it again. It was John. My knees almost gave out, i couldn't even go back to the field i just went somewhere to wait for my guys to finish playing so we could all walk home.

When the match ended my friends joined me and we all strolled to our various homes. On getting to my house i met our door wide open, when i went in guess who i saw sleeping on our couch.. Omo the story long eh.

This life just get as e dey
please continue the story.
Re: A True Tale Of My Old Friend, Now Insane And Roams About The Streets. by ugbanante: 10:53pm On Sep 09, 2021
Get a psychiatrist to examine him and then u know what next to do.
Re: A True Tale Of My Old Friend, Now Insane And Roams About The Streets. by xandy84: 11:11pm On Sep 09, 2021
You sound just like Republican conspiracy theorist. No health care facility try experimental drugs on people cos they know that will be the end of the facility. At least make your findings before you come to a conclusion....

HEAVEN4444:
yeah i have a similar story. this guy, i wouldnt say he is a very good friend but you know how it is in university ? you have your very close friends you hang out with everyday, and then every other person is your casual friend. yeah so this was at OAU. This guy is a casual friend not very great friend. always in SUB drinking. i think he smokes weed alot too. anyway fast forward to i am in london at camberwell and there is this house where they cure mental patients there. my house is not far away and a nigerian resataurant is not far away too. i remember walking to the nigerian restaurant and i saw the guy outside the mental home. thats where they house them and use experimental psychiatry drugs on them. so the steroid drugs or whatever drugs it is that they are experimenting on them with had made this guys head twice the size and deep down i know these white people use these mental patients as lab rats and i am looking at this dude and i was helpless as to what to do for him. should i sneak him out of the place and where to ? anyway i just talked to him for a bit and bounced. very sad story. i hope he has found his way back home to nigeria and to the loving embrace of his family
Re: A True Tale Of My Old Friend, Now Insane And Roams About The Streets. by xandy84: 11:15pm On Sep 09, 2021
You just made my day. Like seriously.... PM me your number and I have 1k call card for you...

HenryDion:

I was in a Nigerian bus when I came across your comment, and it's indeed a touching story.

Elereburuku!!! sad

1 Like

Re: A True Tale Of My Old Friend, Now Insane And Roams About The Streets. by BePrepared: 11:40pm On Sep 09, 2021
I will call mine K, his father died in accident leaving him and junior sisters with a mother that soon became a drunk, one day I called K and by leading preached my heart out to him, passionately persuading him to accept this Jesus who is the ONLY hope of mankind, he was hesitating.

Went to school after few years came back to see K roaming, silent, dancing to music on the street, Kai quite painful.

To you on this platform when u hear the word of God you reject, claiming to be enlighten, no one knows tomorrow, Jesus is the only safe refuge

2 Likes

Re: A True Tale Of My Old Friend, Now Insane And Roams About The Streets. by Midex88(m): 11:58pm On Sep 09, 2021
Pls share, one can pick something to learn from

DropsMic:

Very handsome fair dude. Baba lived with us until 2004 when he travelled to Ogun state in his own words to go and hustle so my dad gave him some money and we all bade him farewell

Three years later when i was playing football, a mad man walked into our field so we had to pause for him to pass' but there was something about this particular madman he was so familiar so i just kept staring at him. thst was when it clicked.. No be John (not his name) be this. To be sure i wasn't mistaken i hurriedly walked past him and stopped at his front to get a very good look and then i confirmed it again. It was John. My knees almost gave out, i couldn't even go back to the field i just went somewhere to wait for my guys to finish playing so we could all walk home.

When the match ended my friends joined me and we all strolled to our various homes. On getting to my house i met our door wide open, when i went in guess who i saw sleeping on our couch.. Omo the story long eh.

Re: A True Tale Of My Old Friend, Now Insane And Roams About The Streets. by Nobody: 12:08am On Sep 10, 2021
xandy84:
You just made my day. Like seriously.... PM me your number and I have 1k call card for you...

My number is in my signature grin
Re: A True Tale Of My Old Friend, Now Insane And Roams About The Streets. by arthurwillia(m): 12:20am On Sep 10, 2021
DropsMic:

Finish am abe
Re: A True Tale Of My Old Friend, Now Insane And Roams About The Streets. by zubby29(m): 12:33am On Sep 10, 2021
No matter what he can still b rescued please help him, mental illness can be cured or managed with better treatment plz try, we can do a go fund me for dis i beg u in the name of God please try �
Re: A True Tale Of My Old Friend, Now Insane And Roams About The Streets. by kolaaderin: 12:41am On Sep 10, 2021
lilvicky68:
If him never enter market.. he can still be cured..

Reach out to people that can help..if you can
which market, you believe in that nonsense? If he like make he enter Alaba market or ariara if he will be cured it would be done.
Stop the believe of such hogwash.
But on a ash note, mental issue is the toughest ailment for science, it rarely fully cured. And even if cured peoples perspective to the victim mode swing results in complications against the victim.
If he smiles, lough, cry or even moody, his people would be thinking otherwise on an action that is normal.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Some Coronavirus Patients Gave Wrong Information - Lagos Commissioner For Health / 19 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total 362. 99 Discharged. 11 Deaths / Lady Celebrates 3 Years Of Not Using Bathing Soap (Pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.