Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,741 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

Naira Falls To ₦540 Per Dollar - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Falls To ₦540 Per Dollar (26568 Views)

Naira Falls At Parallel Market, Appreciates In Official Window / Naira Falls To All-time Low Of 527 Naira To A Dollar / Naira Falls After CBN Stops Forex Sales To BDCs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Falls To ₦540 Per Dollar by poiZon: 7:40pm On Sep 09, 2021
Modrov:

The only way we can afford subsidy is if we tax everyone...from the very rich to the very poor.
We r taxing everybody in Nigeria.
There is nobody in Nigeria that doesnt pay tax, the issue is who r those collecting these taxes?
In lagos monies generated by touts or agberos from keke, danfo buses monthly is estimated to be in the figure of more than 100billion naira.
This is from transport alone, now all the markets they pay tax everyday from 100naira to 300naira or there about. If we add it we might be talking in the range of 20 to 40billion monthly.. How much is lagos igr...does these figures reflect in their igr?
This issueisnt just domiciled in lagos but every other states. In akwaibom markets pay daily tax, keke buses, keke and other taxis pay daily taxes, but these are not directly under the state govt but third parties which will later renumerate some percentage to the state.
There is alot of work to be done..

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To ₦540 Per Dollar by gazza07(m): 7:40pm On Sep 09, 2021
Lol. They thought governance was sky rocket. Idïots that has a dead brain in power. They're packaging another lifeless to take from lifeless... Zimbabwe will child's play then. A futureless country
Re: Naira Falls To ₦540 Per Dollar by coronavirus19: 7:43pm On Sep 09, 2021
FalseProphet1:
It will fall to N1000 per $1 by 2023.

This I have seen
You no lie my brother cheesy

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To ₦540 Per Dollar by Killermamba: 7:43pm On Sep 09, 2021
osuofia2:
Emefiele why, with Buhari efforts in making the economy stable yet the south keep sabotaging his efforts. Emefiele needs to be fired

Which effort? Can anything good come out of NEPA bill certificate?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Falls To ₦540 Per Dollar by lexy2014: 7:53pm On Sep 09, 2021
potland:

https://gazettengr.com/just-in-naira-falls-to-n540-per-dollar/

, theraregem1, okefranci, joylove2324...what do we say now? Since 216 wasn't ok, 540 is ok. I guess we are making progress.

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To ₦540 Per Dollar by flokii: 8:09pm On Sep 09, 2021
poiZon:

Who leads the economic team? osinbajo..
Don't u think he should be the one to resign first?
Emefiele is coordinating both the monetary and fiscal policy.
The madam that is minister of economy is doing her IT...
Maybe they r warming her for the position of World Bank sales rep.

Is Osibanjo the one making all the bad policies affecting BDC, Crypto and the likes? He has been the one mediating and protecting interest of the people from harmful policies of CBN.

Asking him to resign is like asking the country to collapse.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Falls To ₦540 Per Dollar by Mamijoh(f): 8:13pm On Sep 09, 2021
lonecatt:
The exchange rate is heading to an all time low of #600 per dollar.
May we never have a president like buhari again.
Amen in the powerful name of our LORD Jesus Christ

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To ₦540 Per Dollar by flokii: 8:16pm On Sep 09, 2021
grandstar:
This slide is what you get when a layman is in charge of Forex policies. PMB, a man whose understanding of economics borders on the disturbing dictates how foreign exchange is dispersed.

Emefiele, the CBN governor, rather than tell off the president from politically meddling in the Banks affairs has instead, timidly been taken dictates from PMB.

I won't be surprised if the rate hits 600 soon.

Are you minding the puppet CBN governor?
This is what nepotism and disregard for rule of law breeds.. total failure of a system.
When CBN started taking orders from politicians mostly from the quota system North, I knew we were heading for the rocks. Now look at the damage caused yet the puppet wants to sit tight in office. This country is a joke.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Falls To ₦540 Per Dollar by poiZon: 8:22pm On Sep 09, 2021
flokii:

Is Osibanjo the one making all the bad policies affecting BDC, Crypto and the likes? He has been the one mediating and protecting interest of the people from harmful policies of CBN.

Asking him to resign is like asking the country to collapse.
Doesthe president know how an economy should be like?
Osinbajo by the workings of the constitution is the leader ofthe economic team, if he sees some handicaps in emefiele's management of monetary policies, he should advise buhari to sack him and appoint whoever they deem fit to handle that position.
The ball lies in their court.
U don't expect emefiele to resign, abi did he campaigned or promised to make dollar at par with naira, it was osinbajo n buhari that promised us strong and vibrant economy.
Re: Naira Falls To ₦540 Per Dollar by AfroAgroPower: 8:25pm On Sep 09, 2021
Hello Great Crypto-Ethusiasts of Nairaland.

I AM MESSIAH. ONI, Ayodeji Anthonyeshua.

I AM an AGRICULTURAL LIFE TOURIST, JOURNALIST and SOLUTIONIST.

I'm up for a Revenue Boost Strategic Partnership for a new Investment Opportunity which promises to yield MASSIVE and PASSIVE Daily Returns on Investments.

I'm in search of who sells Legitimate/Clean PayPal funds for a daily and long term Revenue Boost Opportunity.

If you do sell PayPal funds; What's your rate?

Can you provide up to $500 - $5,000 on a daily basis?

10% Financial Rewards will also be your portion if you can link me to Paypal Sellers who can Manifest Our Daily Consignment Deals even if you do not have Paypal funds directly to Sell to Me.

I have a new business consignment of Revenue Boost through Paypal which I'll love we get partnered to achieve.

I'll explain more if you are opened for partnership.
Re: Naira Falls To ₦540 Per Dollar by loswhite(m): 8:27pm On Sep 09, 2021
hustla:

Smh

Typical black man, knows about himself only even when the enjoyment he thinks is enjoying will come back to bite him

The rise in dollar will make life harder for the common man, crime will rise as a result of spike in prices of food

Abeg explain give thief wey come your house because hunger don kill am say u dey earn in dollar
The problem of this country is the citizens.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Falls To ₦540 Per Dollar by Nobody: 8:43pm On Sep 09, 2021
poiZon:

We r taxing everybody in Nigeria.
There is nobody in Nigeria that doesnt pay tax, the issue is who r those collecting these taxes?
In lagos monies generated by touts or agberos from keke, danfo buses monthly is estimated to be in the figure of more than 100billion naira.
This is from transport alone, now all the markets they pay tax everyday from 100naira to 300naira or there about. If we add it we might be talking in the range of 20 to 40billion monthly.. How much is lagos igr...does these figures reflect in their igr?
This issueisnt just domiciled in lagos but every other states. In akwaibom markets pay daily tax, keke buses, keke and other taxis pay daily taxes, but these are not directly under the state govt but third parties which will later renumerate some percentage to the state.
There is alot of work to be done..

The people you see paying taxes are the 30% who pay taxes...plus the monies going to agbero and to the market does not end up in government coffers.

Nigeria, as a whole, has a tax to gdp ratio of 6.1% 30% of the taxable population pays taxes. Our tax level is so low that the World bank warned us. We are also a poor naiton because we are a resource dependent naiton . We don't use our resources.
Re: Naira Falls To ₦540 Per Dollar by Nobody: 9:09pm On Sep 09, 2021
As if there is anything else the yeye Naira can do if not to fall undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Naira Falls To ₦540 Per Dollar by AmuEbule: 9:17pm On Sep 09, 2021
potland:

https://gazettengr.com/just-in-naira-falls-to-n540-per-dollar/

Nairalanders, the fall of the Naira at 540 is the least of Buhari's worries.

The old man is still wondering who gave Obi Cubana the guts to assemble all those cows on OBA.
He may also be wondering how those cows were treated and whether some of them are still alive grin grin

Re: Naira Falls To ₦540 Per Dollar by omohayek: 9:21pm On Sep 09, 2021
goody234:

The CBN economic policies are sound there are smart people in there.. but they fail to realise the human factor and how people react to thier policies...some polices dont need to be announced and just done on a low ,openly telling the country that BDC will not be supplied with foreign currency caused a panic ...
Can't you see the blatant contradiction in what you're saying? If the "CBN economic policies are sound", how can it also be that "they fail to realise the human factor and how people react to thier policies"? Isn't that the very definition of unsound policymaking?

As for all those who were jubilating when the BDCs were shut out from the forex market, where are they all now? Shouldn't the Naira's value against the dollar be going from strength to strength now, with all those "evil", "greedy" BDC profiteers out of the loop? Or perhaps the issue never had anything to do with the BDCs in the first place, and they were merely convenient scapegoats for the real problem, which is Buhari and Emefiele's inflationary policies - no, surely that can't be it ...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Falls To ₦540 Per Dollar by Nobody: 9:30pm On Sep 09, 2021
TMTR:
No shaking to those of us earning in dollarscheesy

You comment like a fellow without knowledge of economics angry
Re: Naira Falls To ₦540 Per Dollar by OgaTheTop2: 9:37pm On Sep 09, 2021
lonecatt:
The exchange rate is heading to an all time low of #600 per dollar.
May we never have a president like buhari again.
Never ever! World Worst president ever angry
Re: Naira Falls To ₦540 Per Dollar by TheRareGem1(f): 9:46pm On Sep 09, 2021
poiZon:

Doesthe president know how an economy should be like?
Osinbajo by the workings of the constitution is the leader ofthe economic team, if he sees some handicaps in emefiele's management of monetary policies, he should advise buhari to sack him and appoint whoever they deem fit to handle that position.
The ball lies in their court.
U don't expect emefiele to resign, abi did he campaigned or promised to make dollar at par with naira, it was osinbajo n buhari that promised us strong and vibrant economy.

Because he chairs NEC, that means he heads the economic team? Please Mr. Man go and research about NEC and what NEC does. Your ignorance sickens me truly.
Re: Naira Falls To ₦540 Per Dollar by goody234: 9:48pm On Sep 09, 2021
omohayek:

Can't you see the blatant contradiction in what you're saying? If the "CBN economic policies are sound", how can it also be that "they fail to realise the human factor and how people react to thier policies"? Isn't that the very definition of unsound policymaking?

As for all those who were jubilating when the BDCs were shut out from the forex market, where are they all now? Shouldn't the Naira's value against the dollar be going from strength to strength now, with all those "evil", "greedy" BDC profiteers out of the loop? Or perhaps the issue never had anything to do with the BDCs in the first place, and they were merely convenient scapegoats for the real problem, which is Buhari and Emefiele's inflationary policies - no, surely that can't be it ...

it is sound policy making its the way they went about it ...there should not be a black market for foreign currency ...its nigerians love for foreign currency causing all this nonsense in the first place ...

Dont kid yourself and think western countries have not got inflation the way they were printing money during the pandemic last year ...they just cover up their inflationary pressures ....voodoo economics and also people have confidence their currencies anyway
Re: Naira Falls To ₦540 Per Dollar by Nobody: 9:56pm On Sep 09, 2021
Oyerinde16:
I changed money today and I almost cried, this 110 Euros cost #71,140 naira... And the 2 dollars cost #1,068...

€110 grin grin grin

E be like na Embassy of Poland you wan give that one
Re: Naira Falls To ₦540 Per Dollar by Nobody: 9:57pm On Sep 09, 2021
Dollywood:

I earn in dollars too, and it's practically same, because foodstuffs, and others price will hike, and the money when exchanged to naira gets finished quickly.

The only advantage with earning in dollars is that you'll be better off than those earning in Naira... But that's not a good reason to act unconcerned... I earn thousands of dollars every month, but this news isn't making my day.

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To ₦540 Per Dollar by poiZon: 10:14pm On Sep 09, 2021
TheRareGem1:

Because he chairs NEC, that means he heads the economic team? Please Mr. Man go and research about NEC and what NEC does. Your ignorance sickens me truly.
Am sorry, we r not on the same pedestal.
Nec means national economic council, chaired by vp, it constitutes the 36govrs, cbn govr n others. That others could be the economic team.
He chairs the NEC and he heads the economic team.
The president is the Commander in chief of armed forces, everything concerning security is being reported to the preSident.
I know ur IQ is abysmal but try not to expose ur low capacity brain in public
Re: Naira Falls To ₦540 Per Dollar by poiZon: 10:22pm On Sep 09, 2021
Modrov:

The people you see paying taxes are the 30% who pay taxes...plus the monies going to agbero and to the market does not end up in government coffers.

Nigeria, as a whole, has a tax to gdp ratio of 6.1% 30% of the taxable population pays taxes. Our tax level is so low that the World bank warned us. We are also a poor naiton because we are a resource dependent naiton . We don't use our resources.

Nigeria is largely a consuming nation, some states r predominantly civil service state. Unemployment as at the last check is at 33percent which to me is under-stats.
Its more than that figure.
Who should pay tax?
Should someone who doesnt earn a dime monthly pay tax?
When u say 30percent of the taxabke population pay tax, it means the other 70percent are untaxable, on what basis are u taxing them?
For walking on the road, or what?
Most nigerians live by begging, they r some that r surviving and not living.
There is income tax, aka PAYE...i cant be paying tax when i don't earn anything monthly.
How i survive every month is a great concern govt should look into and not why i haven't paid tax.

3 Likes

Re: Naira Falls To ₦540 Per Dollar by SweetOlive(f): 10:40pm On Sep 09, 2021
Dikaveli:
Lies

Stop lieing brother

Lying NOT “Lieing”
Re: Naira Falls To ₦540 Per Dollar by grandstar(m): 11:37pm On Sep 09, 2021
flokii:

Are you minding the puppet CBN governor?
This is what nepotism and disregard for rule of law breeds.. total failure of a system.
When CBN started taking orders from politicians mostly from the quota system North, I knew we were heading for the rocks. Now look at the damage caused yet the puppet wants to sit tight in office. This country is a joke.

"Puppet CBN governor"- that is really what Emefiele is

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To ₦540 Per Dollar by Dollywood(m): 1:25am On Sep 10, 2021
HenryDion:

The only advantage with earning in dollars is that you'll be better off than those earning in Naira... But that's not a good reason to act unconcerned... I earn thousands of dollars every month, but this news isn't making my day.

You don't need let us know how much you earn, but it's fine.
Now to the point, the increment in dollar rates will definitely make life a hell of Nigerians, and we all going to feel it. Doesn't matter whoever earns in dollar, euro or naira because the rate at which you buy stuffs will definitely increase, whilst cut your budget, and force you to spend.
Re: Naira Falls To ₦540 Per Dollar by adonainana: 7:09am On Sep 10, 2021
valx2:
I have over $500 trapped in a restricted Fiverr account. Chaii I need that money now like tomorrow no dey.
I wouldn't mind sharing some percentage with whoever will help me bring it out. cry

I do money transfer from the US and the UK

Check my Nairaland page for reviews
https://www.nairaland.com/6399183/money-transfer-services-uk-nigeria

https:///+447591683924

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To ₦540 Per Dollar by newisd75: 9:14am On Sep 10, 2021
this is 2 let us know that God principle of faith & works is still there, that's y when the GO of rccg say that d value of naira will increase, it was like faith without works, as d fg has not add any works that will improve d value of naira
Re: Naira Falls To ₦540 Per Dollar by Dikaveli(m): 11:23am On Sep 10, 2021
SweetOlive:

Lying NOT “Lieing”
imagine how you are embarrassing your lineage
Re: Naira Falls To ₦540 Per Dollar by jhubril(m): 2:10pm On Sep 10, 2021
Enjoying my lowkey life. Sorry Mr. Naira! Na this bad government da do you.
Re: Naira Falls To ₦540 Per Dollar by Oyerinde16(m): 3:46pm On Sep 10, 2021
iamadonis22:

€110 grin grin grin

E be like na Embassy of Poland you wan give that one

Your head is there...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily / Paid In Full: How I Am Making Income Online In 2017 / FCMB Has Refused To Lift Restrictions On My Account After Doing KYC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.