Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware (44206 Views)

I Got Scammed By Techhive.ng On Instagram / Guys Learn How To Make Up To 20k Weekly From LPV / Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by Aganju849: 1:25pm On Sep 10, 2021
TeamLeader:
by super loan app

Let me say it's my greed just that man is so so broke and I needed money for urgent reason, (my baby medicals tomorrow)

the app is fake unknown to me so I downloaded it from playStore. and I got registered just like normal app.

see the details.

first as I keyed in my number to register and the otp code should be sent to my number as sms but the app generated the otp code automatically (First red flag but ignored). I filled in all my details with atm card info, all.

I continued every and the offered many options there. what triggered my application was they offered loan of 30k to be paid back in 120days was what captivated my mind.

so at the dying stage I was a little surprised when they said they amount i wanted to borrow which is the 30k is something blah blah blah that I will have to make a deposit of 2088 for genuine interest and verification that it would be deducted from my loan when paying (second red flag but ignored also)

my mumu me quickly keyed in my atm card details which is the pin and ccv all.

immediately I got the debit alert and going back to the app, it started to misbehave.

first I can't edit or delete my atm details, it's there on the app as default.

no loan offer options anymore. in fact after the payment sef they were even referring people to other genuine loan app as their corporate bodies.

I tried to screenshot the app, no way. says it's protected. I tried to do screen recording it's just dark, nothing. I tried to minimize and screenshot from therr, no way.

they even put timing on the app page like when the time elapsed they can't give the loan again I guess it's just to make people hurry to make the payment.

this is a well worked scam and I know it's not only me that will be a victim.

My fear is my atm card details are still on the app as default I can't even do anything about it which means that the account would be monitored and any money that comes in now is gone, immediately! So tomoro am blocking the ATM card at the office or does anyone know how I can block the card with someone's phone? I will appreciate with the info abeg.

then I went straight to the app store where I downloaded the app, see what people are saying below.

I learnt my learn the hard way not to get greedy. but no one Is above mistake and being scammed.

be wise guys from this app.

You can just download the app and see if you can do screenshot to confirm this if it would be possible

Report the app to google via the same playstore
Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by joowealth(m): 1:26pm On Sep 10, 2021
Hey yeah! Sorry for your loss bro.
Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by Tonytonex(m): 1:26pm On Sep 10, 2021
ajani1978:

your own is little, mine is 17k last month. Because I want to borrow 300k. Anyway scam is everywhere.
that's how someone sent me a text to fill to apply for 700k loan. Thought I gave him my account number and bvn. But the account I gave him is dormant and no money in it .
Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by justnixon(m): 1:27pm On Sep 10, 2021
taiocol:
Same way Palm credit offered me 11k and just 3 days after the loan was over due it was already 19k undecided
Even access bank (quickbucks)
They debit you from your salary account you can borrow as high as 40% of your salary I think.
Once you get your salary, just leave whatever you loaned from them there and transfer the rest to another bank account if not, dem go take am twice and it's only one transaction details would be on your bank statement. Smooth criminals

3 Likes

Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by Nobody: 1:30pm On Sep 10, 2021
Thank your stars it’s jst 2k+

1 Like

Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by Graciafun(m): 1:32pm On Sep 10, 2021
TeamLeader:
by super loan app

Let me say it's my greed just that man is so so broke and I needed money for urgent reason, (my baby medicals tomorrow)

the app is fake unknown to me so I downloaded it from playStore. and I got registered just like normal app.

see the details.

first as I keyed in my number to register and the otp code should be sent to my number as sms but the app generated the otp code automatically (First red flag but ignored). I filled in all my details with atm card info, all.

I continued every and the offered many options there. what triggered my application was they offered loan of 30k to be paid back in 120days was what captivated my mind.

so at the dying stage I was a little surprised when they said they amount i wanted to borrow which is the 30k is something blah blah blah that I will have to make a deposit of 2088 for genuine interest and verification that it would be deducted from my loan when paying (second red flag but ignored also)

immediately I got the debit alert and going back to the app, it started to misbehave.

no loan offer options anymore. in fact after the payment sef they were even referring people to other genuine loan app as their corporate bodies.

I tried to screenshot the app, no way. says it's protected. I tried to do screen recording it's just dark, nothing. I tried to minimize and screenshot from therr, no way.

they even put timing on the app page like when the time elapsed they can't give the loan again I guess it's just to make people hurry to make the payment.

My fear is my atm card details are still on the app as default I can't even do anything about it which means that the account would be monitored and any money that comes in now is gone, immediately! So tomoro am blocking the ATM card at the office or does anyone know how I can block the card with someone's phone? I will appreciate with the info abeg.

then I went straight to the app store where I downloaded the app, see what people are saying below.

I learnt my learn the hard way not to get greedy. but no one Is above mistake and being scammed.

You can just download the app and see if you can do screenshot to confirm this if it would be possible

. Just dial *966*911# on the mobile number you use in your bank details. It will automatically deactivate the ATM card and stop any form of debit from your account. Do that before going to the bank for a new ATM card.
Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by Nikkganc08(m): 1:34pm On Sep 10, 2021
Tonytonex:
they can only take a loan if there's money in his account. And also if they have his password.

U r funny.

Who gives/takes loan when there's money?

If u have an empty salary account, its enough to use for loans.

Takes 5 minutes.

There are lots of ways to bypass passwords.

Have u ever heard of term like 2D site ?

Non-VBV , Non-AVS , etc?
Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by taiocol: 1:34pm On Sep 10, 2021
justnixon:

Even access bank (quickbucks)
They debit you from your salary account you can borrow as high as 40% of your salary I think.
Once you get your salary, just leave whatever you loaned from them there and transfer the rest to another bank account if not, dem go take am twice and it's only one transaction details would be on your bank statement. Smooth criminals

I don wash my hands comot for access bank matter

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by bragamycin: 1:35pm On Sep 10, 2021
TeamLeader:
by super loan app

the app is fake unknown to me so I downloaded it from playStore. and I got registered just like normal app

Shey now u see Y IOS APP STORE is better ?
You will never find these kinda Apps there .
Infact before I use any money app, if I can’t find it in APPLE STORE, I can’t trust it
Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by macho44(m): 1:37pm On Sep 10, 2021
TeamLeader:
by super loan app

see the details.

The CREED of GREED Is Suicide Indeed
Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by Positiveme2020: 1:39pm On Sep 10, 2021
Sunisonflex39:

Brother calm down...

You don't have to trade word with shallow minds..

Access bank.
Thank u

U guys are funny oh, who asked u to drop account details?
Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by 44: 1:40pm On Sep 10, 2021
Report the super loan app to Google, there is another app there too, NAIRA KEY, by the same company.

Simply click on the 3 dots above and report these fraudulent apps, all the reviews are fake, let's get them out of the app store.

1 Like

Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by BeardedMeat(m): 1:46pm On Sep 10, 2021
TeamLeader:

I did
Ok also ask your bank for advice.
Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by Nairalandite: 1:48pm On Sep 10, 2021
The issue of getting scammed starts with one's greed. It pushes you to forget all the risk involved so that you only think of the gain those scammers promise.
This happened on whatsapp:-
Almost two weeks, I lost #55k to scammers. They promise to generate #165k but they will take #50k as their gain. That was how I fell for it. I sent the #55k to another account which I was given. That was when the guy told me to add #17k to the earlier payment as my processing. I told him to take it from the #55k. He was like I trusted them with my money that I need not to fear. That was when it rang a bell in my head that I don become victim again after I once fell victim. That one was 117k but it started with 55k too untill I kept adding other money twice before I knew that I had been scammed. After the guy realised that I would not add more money since I had no more, I was removed from the group chat.

It didn't end there, the guy later called me when I kept disturbing him to tell me how I can be refunded. He told me that I registered via WhatsApp and I can be refunded through WhatsApp. Then he asked if the number he called through is my whatsapp line. I said yes. So he asked me to send him the number that will be sent to me on whatsapp. That was when I realised that he wants to even take over my whatsapp account. I just told him that I could be foolish to send you the money and get scammed but this WhatsApp, you can't get my code. At this point, the guy said if I want my money, I should give him that code which I refused.

Till today I kept calling the guy but he refused to pick, phone number +234 704 425 3382. He claimed his name is Tony. If you know how I can get help, I won't mind. I am getting so depressed day by day, neither can I concentrate when I read since then.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by Kayyus09(m): 1:49pm On Sep 10, 2021
You can drag your bank to refund you, such fund suppose to be in your ledger account for at least 2 days
Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by Sunisonflex39(m): 1:49pm On Sep 10, 2021
Positiveme2020:

U guys are funny oh, who asked u to drop account details?

Brother Sapa is real in school
Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by cliqtips: 1:53pm On Sep 10, 2021
you can report the App and get it removed from Playstore..

TeamLeader:
by super loan app

see the details.

Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by TeamLeader(m): 1:53pm On Sep 10, 2021
Kayyus09:
You can drag your bank to refund you, such fund suppose to be in your ledger account for at least 2 days

Really? Will GTBank listen ?
Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by greggng: 1:55pm On Sep 10, 2021
TeamLeader:
by super loan app

see the details.

Visit your bank to block your atm. Get another one for 1k at your bank. People should learn to be street smart ...I don't want to hear they 've taken all the money for my child medicine here . People should be smart
Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by colyx1(m): 1:55pm On Sep 10, 2021
Anytime I'm downloading an app at google playstore. The first place I go to is the review from those that have downloaded the app. If the review is positive I go for it.
Be guided!!!

Sorry bro.....
Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by S0l0m(m): 1:58pm On Sep 10, 2021
TeamLeader:

Ok bro thank you but I think 966 code is for zenith. I use GT

You can block your GTBank debit card from all transactions using the card protect feature on the GTWorld App. Check the link below to know how to do it.

https://bizvestor.com.ng/money/block-gtbank-atm-debit-card/

Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by Bigchristo: 1:58pm On Sep 10, 2021
taiocol:

Just one developer get all this loan apps shocked
different people
Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by bigcee(m): 1:59pm On Sep 10, 2021
ajani1978:

your own is little, mine is 17k last month. Because I want to borrow 300k. Anyway scam is everywhere.
Na long throat kee you Las Las grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by Blackdisciple(m): 2:02pm On Sep 10, 2021
APC and Buhari don make everybody become thief for naija, even dog too na thief.
Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by Ameboperoo(m): 2:03pm On Sep 10, 2021
youthor=TeamLeader post=105655804] by super loan app

see the details.

[/quote]
Since you use GT bank, go to the app and hotlist the ATM card. Then apply for another one.
Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by bigcee(m): 2:05pm On Sep 10, 2021
Nikkganc08:

Getting a new card might sound like d solution.

But its not.

I've seen a naira land case like this.

Do u know that 10 ATM cards can be linked to one bank account and all be used at same time?

Once deactivated, it may not withdraw cash again from ATM machines.

But spammers knows of ways to still use it to make internet transactions.

Just pray that they don't take loans with it.

The only solution is to go to a POS and withdraw all d money.

Then abandon that account for like 2 years
Guy, once the atm card linked to your acct is blocked, there is nothing scammers can do.

1 Like

Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by trentslawson(m): 2:07pm On Sep 10, 2021
I'll suggest everyone to report the app

1 Like

Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by ojjp: 2:08pm On Sep 10, 2021
You are a typical Nigerian guy, they would eat gala before checking the expiry date.
You only went to read the reviews of the app after being scammed.

Sorry e, next time read the reviews of any app before downloading.
Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by BarrElChapo(m): 2:09pm On Sep 10, 2021
Guys head to playstore and report the app for fraudulent practices.

1 Like

Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by bigcee(m): 2:11pm On Sep 10, 2021
Nairalandite:
The issue of getting scam starts with one's greed. It pushes you to forget all the risk involved so that you only think of the gain those scammers promise.
This happened on whatsapp:-
As at last two weeks, I lost #55k to scammers. They promise to generate #165k but they will take #50k as their gain. That was how I fell for it. I sent the #55k to another account which I was given. That was when the guy told me to add #17k to the earlier payment as my processing. I told him to take it from the #55k. He was like I trusted them with my money that I need not to fear. That was when it rang a bell in my head that I don become victim again after I once fell victim. That one was 117k but it started with 55k too untill I kept adding other money twice before I knew that I had been scammed. Till today I kept calling the guy but he refused to pick, phone number +234 704 425 3382. He claimed his name is Tony. If you know how I can get help, I won't mind.
Na your head Dem take chop breakfast like this, ehn? Na wa oh

Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by TeamLeader(m): 2:12pm On Sep 10, 2021
ojjp:
You are a typical Nigerian guy, they would eat gala before checking the expiry date.
You only went to read the reviews of the app after being scammed.

Sorry e, next time read the reviews of any app before downloading.

grin

1 Like

Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by Nobody: 2:17pm On Sep 10, 2021
TeamLeader:

Ok bro thank you but I think 966 code is for zenith. I use GT
Call their customer care they will block it right away, block mine last week because someone used my details to find his bet9ja account.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ikwerre Chairman Shuts Down UBA For Social Distancing Violation (Video) / How Should You Pay When Importing From China / Naira Exchange Rates Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.