Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,129 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware (44053 Views)

I Got Scammed By Techhive.ng On Instagram / Guys Learn How To Make Up To 20k Weekly From LPV / Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by ajani1978(m): 12:59pm On Sep 10, 2021
TeamLeader:

2088 bro. I will definitely block it. Thank you
your own is little, mine is 17k last month. Because I want to borrow 300k. Anyway scam is everywhere.

3 Likes

Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by Kajaard: 1:01pm On Sep 10, 2021
TeamLeader:

I would have done that Sha. But knowing that money nor de the account at the moment give me zero worries till tomorrow. Thank you

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by Ammishaddai: 1:01pm On Sep 10, 2021
Analyst4:

If you are using GTB app, go to service and hotlist it. Automatically the card will be blocked.

My service
Cards & cheques
Cards
Cards hotlist request
Click and continue.
I'm not the person who was scammed.
Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by swankylay(m): 1:01pm On Sep 10, 2021
Let all should go and report the app..... Flag it as inappropriate

1 Like

Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by phemmyfour: 1:02pm On Sep 10, 2021
humilitypays:
send me your bank details via PM
Don't send anything into his account until that account is safe again

1 Like

Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by erubati: 1:02pm On Sep 10, 2021
I try as much as possible to avoid stories that touch like this o.for me to release atm number and Security code I go don open,close,check site like one week or two weeks.i tried opening my face book account and it requested to my nu.ber.i supplied my number and an otp code was sent to me.i noticed it was a mobile number that sent the otp immediately.i just ignored it and waited for some minutes and another one was sent with a number from facebook.scammers plenty for naija

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by kingxsamz(m): 1:02pm On Sep 10, 2021
How will you download an app without reading reviews? undecided Nawa. Reading reviews would have saved you all this stress.
Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by vickydevoka(m): 1:04pm On Sep 10, 2021
samuel051:
Any app dat autogenerated otp flee.
Any app after opening,u see enter card details,flee.
Always check review on playstore, especially critical before download.
The guy is very greedy. Any app I'm downloading I read people's view or opinion over it
Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by Sunisonflex39(m): 1:04pm On Sep 10, 2021
shogsman:
Thought you lost something valuable, its just a few bucks,count your blessings and move on

Brother bless me small now

0.0.5.2.5.6.6.7.2.2 access

1 Like

Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by Minjim: 1:04pm On Sep 10, 2021
TeamLeader:

Yes I will tomorrow. Thank you. Country hard gan o
We also need to report this app to EFCC and CBN. I can not imagine the app is still on Playstore with all those scam reviews. Play store is not vetting these apps
Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by Kajaard: 1:05pm On Sep 10, 2021
humilitypays:
send me your bank details via PM

Don't send your bank details to anyone.
Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by samuel051: 1:06pm On Sep 10, 2021
vickydevoka:

The guy is very greedy. Any app I'm downloading I read people's view or opinion over it
reviews is d key to any app on playstore where anyone can upload any app.
Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by JAWBONE(m): 1:06pm On Sep 10, 2021
Sorry for your loss. Let me go and drop a very bad review to warn others

The app is really a well planned fraud scheme
The people dropping positive comments on the app page have fake names.

1 Like

Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by vickydevoka(m): 1:07pm On Sep 10, 2021
ajani1978:

your own is little, mine is 17k last month. Because I want to borrow 300k. Anyway scam is everywhere.
Lol. Una never see something.
Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by int0x80(m): 1:07pm On Sep 10, 2021
Why are some Nigerians so gullible? Is it poverty, lack of education and exposure or what exactly?? It baffles me men!
Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by BeardedMeat(m): 1:09pm On Sep 10, 2021
TeamLeader:

Did you give bvn?
Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by taiocol: 1:09pm On Sep 10, 2021
Bigchristo:
Just one developer get all this loan apps shocked
Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by jaxxy(m): 1:10pm On Sep 10, 2021
On google play? That’s Terrible. U should report that app do it’s removed and blacklist also.
Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by Nobody: 1:11pm On Sep 10, 2021
TeamLeader:

Ok bro thank you but I think 966 code is for zenith. I use GT

If you are using GTB, you don't have to go bank before blocking your ATM.
I was scammed recently but I was quick enough to block it within less than an hour.

For GTB just dial *737*51*74#

It will require you to provide your phone number that's linked to your bank account and your 4 PIN USD code

but the code must be dialled on a phone number that's linked to a bank account, not necessary GTB.
Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by Tonytonex(m): 1:11pm On Sep 10, 2021
TeamLeader:

Thank you OP for sharing. People will learn from this. I usually do get my loan from my bank. To pay back in 30days. Using USSD code. Only that the interest rate is very high. But it's still safer. But they must collect their interest first before they give you the loan. So you must have the money in your account before you qualify.
Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by Kajaard: 1:13pm On Sep 10, 2021
Scammers everywhere, smh undecided
Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by Nikkganc08(m): 1:16pm On Sep 10, 2021
TeamLeader:

Getting a new card might sound like d solution.

But its not.

I've seen a naira land case like this.

Do u know that 10 ATM cards can be linked to one bank account and all be used at same time?

Once deactivated, it may not withdraw cash again from ATM machines.

But spammers knows of ways to still use it to make internet transactions.

Just pray that they don't take loans with it.

The only solution is to go to a POS and withdraw all d money.

Then abandon that account for like 2 years
Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by Tonytonex(m): 1:18pm On Sep 10, 2021
taiocol:

Just one developer get all this loan apps shocked
I don't do all these loan app of thing. I get my loan direct from my bank.

1 Like

Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by TeamLeader(m): 1:18pm On Sep 10, 2021
BeardedMeat:
Did you give bvn?

I did
Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by TeamLeader(m): 1:20pm On Sep 10, 2021
int0x80:
Why are some Nigerians so gullible? Is it poverty, lack of education and exposure or what exactly?? It baffles me men!

Hard guy can be scammed when you meet your match bro. We learn everyday sha
Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by TeamLeader(m): 1:20pm On Sep 10, 2021
jaxxy:
On google play? That’s Terrible. U should report that app do it’s removed and blacklist also.

How can I do that? At least to save others
Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by TeamLeader(m): 1:21pm On Sep 10, 2021
prekumohtim:

If you are using GTB, you don't have to go bank before blocking your ATM.
I was scammed recently but I was quick enough to block it within less than an hour.

For GTB just dial *737*51*74#

It will require you to provide your phone number that's linked to your bank account and your 4 PIN USD code

but the code must be dialled on a phone number that's linked to a bank account, not necessary GTB.

It's done. Thank you

1 Like

Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by Tonytonex(m): 1:21pm On Sep 10, 2021
Nikkganc08:

Getting a new card might sound like d solution.

But its not.

I've seen a naira land case like this.

Do u know that 10 ATM cards can be linked to one bank account and all be used at same time?

Once deactivated, it may not withdraw cash again from ATM machines.

But spammers knows of ways to still use it to make internet transactions.

Just pray that they don't take loans with it.

The only solution is to go to a POS and withdraw all d money.

Then abandon that account for like 2 years
they can only take a loan if there's money in his account. And also if they have his password.
Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by almarthins(m): 1:22pm On Sep 10, 2021
daddytime:

The time you spent typing here would have been more than enough to google your bank to know how to block that card even right now....why wait till tomorrow?

Modified:

The op only added pictures of his account balance after my submission above.

The guy no get money inside the account again. So make u calm down. If say him get money inside account u think say him go dey talk blah blah again. My guy go don run sharply blocked the atm card.

Them don hack my account before as I no get money inside the account, I jus held my peace till Dem tire. When account is zero u no need rush again. Every thing go be gbagan gbagan
Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by Simdyofficial(f): 1:24pm On Sep 10, 2021
I dropped out of skool because of scammers.. Well. Life goes on na.. Inside life awon kan chop life
Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by TeamLeader(m): 1:24pm On Sep 10, 2021
almarthins:

The guy no get money inside the account again. So make u calm down. If say him get money inside account u think say him go dey talk blah blah again. My guy go don run sharply blocked the atm card.

Them don hack my account before as I no get money inside the account, I jus held my peace till Dem tire. When account is zero u no need rush again. Every thing go be gbagan gbagan

Exactly bro. I nor even get another 1050 for anoda card for now. grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Folorunsho Alakija’s 65th Birthday Party In Pictures / Femi Otedola Attends Rhythm Unplugged With His "Small" Nokia / Sijibomi Ogundele Of Sujimotos To Give N5 Million For A Picture With MKO Abiola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.