Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware (44047 Views)

I Got Scammed By Techhive.ng On Instagram / Guys Learn How To Make Up To 20k Weekly From LPV / Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by Athemisia: 4:59am On Sep 11, 2021
ImaIma1:

Have you quoted all the guys that pointed this out to him? Or you just want to show muscle under my own mention.

Call it whatever you like, I stand by what I said. If it pains you that much, go and help him swallow panadol.
Like I care...

Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by Godsgift7837: 6:35am On Sep 11, 2021
TeamLeader:

Ok bro. Thank you
I hope you got the money. Not too much but I believe it will help.
Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by TeamLeader(m): 7:14am On Sep 11, 2021
Chitonny:
Sorry oya send me ur details make I do u small thing

Abeg. 2081103531 zenith - oshibanjo

Thank you sir. Am grateful for your help
Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by TeamLeader(m): 7:15am On Sep 11, 2021
jrobbins:

Done brother

Wow! Thank you so much brother. May God bless you sir
Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by TeamLeader(m): 7:17am On Sep 11, 2021
Nikkganc08:

That's what I said and I can boldly say it again.

That's what happens.

Once blocked, u may not be able to withdraw money with it again.

But it can still be used for internet transactions.

Both the old and new card will work for internet transactions (here , its just 2 cards)

Go to any bank and ask d customer care....

You can have up to 5 or more cards linked to ur account at same time.

All will be active.

Only a FOOL would tell me that such cards can't be used cos of d OTP.

it means that you've not heard of number spoofers and other stuffs.

If u like, block d card.

A skilled scammer wud use that blocked card to send all ur money to crypto.

Then take loans with ur account (and cash out d loan).

Go to ur useless bank and SHOUT/COMPLAIN.

After everything...
Nothing will happen.

U will still bend down and fill the 'fraud complaint form' . then go home.

Your money is gone forever.

O boy. This info shock me. So bro what can one do in this scenario now? Or Las Las we go call on God to con help us block the card finally. Again we are in trouble in this country
Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by TeamLeader(m): 7:20am On Sep 11, 2021
Godsgift7837:

You have no idea how grateful I am. God bless you plenty. Thank you bosd
Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by Oshin56(m): 7:38am On Sep 11, 2021
TeamLeader:

O boy. This info shock me. So bro what can one do in this scenario now? Or Las Las we go call on God to con help us block the card finally. Again we are in trouble in this country
from my own view, I think the best thing is not to have ATM because the low level of internet security in Nigeria banking sector.
Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by humilitypays(m): 7:55am On Sep 11, 2021
TeamLeader:

Bro I have other account bro.

2081103531 zenith
Oshibanjo.

Man is broke bro thank you
Okay, I understand cry
Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by Nikkganc08(m): 8:14am On Sep 11, 2021
TeamLeader:

Just remove all ur money from that account.

Then Block d card.

Finally, tell them to disable Internet transactions on d account

After about 2 weeks, apply for a new card.

You can then reactivate everything Again.

But the best is to abandon d account for like 2 years.

Just open a new account in another bank.

After that 2 years, d Loan app won't be functional again.

It'll be banned due to multiple complaints

1 Like

Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by somehow: 8:39am On Sep 11, 2021
The yahoo yahoo we condoled and tolerated because we "agreed" they are getting back what the foreigners stole are now dealing with us locally.

These yahoo guys are everywhere now.

To do business with any young man in Nigeria na 1000 ways to lose money o.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by Godsgift7837: 9:11am On Sep 11, 2021
TeamLeader:

You have no idea how grateful I am. God bless you plenty. Thank you bosd
you’re welcome sir.

1 Like

Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by TeamLeader(m): 9:12am On Sep 11, 2021
Nikkganc08:

Just remove all ur money from that account.

Then Block d card.

Finally, tell them to disable Internet transactions on d account

After about 2 weeks, apply for a new card.

You can then reactivate everything Again.

But the best is to abandon d account for like 2 years.

Just open a new account in another bank.

After that 2 years, d Loan app won't be functional again.

It'll be banned due to multiple complaints

But bro pls I have few questions

The account is disabled from debit transactions at the moment. I tried to buy airtime and it's confirm that it's disabled. Right now I won't reapply for a new card probably till early next month.

Now if I go to the bank and ask them to permanently disabled the account from all internet transactions because am not even using it for that purpose would the account be safe from all online transactions?

Can the fraudstars still move my money by any other means with the old card info after I might have requested for a new card and the online transactions disabled?

Or make I patapata kuku not get another atm again. I can do without it.

Sorry for my troubles I just want to be safe sir.

Thank you
Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by TeamLeader(m): 9:19am On Sep 11, 2021
humilitypays:
Okay, I understand cry

Thank so much boss! I am so so grateful.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by humilitypays(m): 9:41am On Sep 11, 2021
TeamLeader:

Thank so much boss! I am so so grateful.
wcme
Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by vickybby(m): 1:40pm On Sep 11, 2021
Have really learn lots from the young victim here and your contributions,am most bless been here. Please bear me out, don't know whether I am playing into somebody's trap.
My people, learnt it's not safe to drop ATM details online, pls help me out..what of those into sportbety...that demand to drop Card details for online transaction...here one still need to drop ATM details...pls how safe is this move?
Please your wise counsel is needed.
Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by Nikkganc08(m): 2:28pm On Sep 11, 2021
TeamLeader:

But bro pls I have few questions

The account is disabled from debit transactions at the moment. I tried to buy airtime and it's confirm that it's disabled. Right now I won't reapply for a new card probably till early next month.

Now if I go to the bank and ask them to permanently disabled the account from all internet transactions because am not even using it for that purpose would the account be safe from all online transactions?

Can the fraudstars still move my money by any other means with the old card info after I might have requested for a new card and the online transactions disabled?

Or make I patapata kuku not get another atm again. I can do without it.

Sorry for my troubles I just want to be safe sir.

Thank you

Best option is to take ur money out.

Then leave d account for some months.

When u go to d bank to disable Internet transaction, they'll give u a form to fill.

Afterwards, they'll drop it among other forms.

You'll need to go back n check if they've worked on yours or not.

If internet Transaction is disabled, all is ok
Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by Nobody: 4:46pm On Sep 11, 2021
God please help me locate my helper.
Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by tammie24: 6:13pm On Sep 11, 2021
Godsgift7837:
God bless you
Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by tammie24: 6:18pm On Sep 11, 2021
jrobbins:

Done brother
God bless you guys

Nigerians are wonderful people
Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by pak: 10:59pm On Sep 11, 2021
TeamLeader:
by super loan app

Let me say it's my greed just that man is so so broke and I needed money for urgent reason, (my baby medicals tomorrow)

the app is fake unknown to me so I downloaded it from playStore. and I got registered just like normal app.

see the details.

first as I keyed in my number to register and the otp code should be sent to my number as sms but the app generated the otp code automatically (First red flag but ignored). I filled in all my details with atm card info, all.

I continued every and the offered many options there. what triggered my application was they offered loan of 30k to be paid back in 120days was what captivated my mind.

so at the dying stage I was a little surprised when they said they amount i wanted to borrow which is the 30k is something blah blah blah that I will have to make a deposit of 2088 for genuine interest and verification that it would be deducted from my loan when paying (second red flag but ignored also)

my mumu me quickly keyed in my atm card details which is the pin and ccv all.

immediately I got the debit alert and going back to the app, it started to misbehave.

first I can't edit or delete my atm details, it's there on the app as default.

no loan offer options anymore. in fact after the payment sef they were even referring people to other genuine loan app as their corporate bodies.

I tried to screenshot the app, no way. says it's protected. I tried to do screen recording it's just dark, nothing. I tried to minimize and screenshot from therr, no way.

they even put timing on the app page like when the time elapsed they can't give the loan again I guess it's just to make people hurry to make the payment.

this is a well worked scam and I know it's not only me that will be a victim.

My fear is my atm card details are still on the app as default I can't even do anything about it which means that the account would be monitored and any money that comes in now is gone, immediately! So tomoro am blocking the ATM card at the office or does anyone know how I can block the card with someone's phone? I will appreciate with the info abeg.

then I went straight to the app store where I downloaded the app, see what people are saying below.

I learnt my learn the hard way not to get greedy. but no one Is above mistake and being scammed.

be wise guys from this app.

You can just download the app and see if you can do screenshot to confirm this if it would be possible

@ OP, you can still recover your funds back and more if you want.

They must have used a payment processor to deduct your funds. As per CBN directives, payment processors are mandated to carry out KYC on their customers.
You can contact the payment processor involved (from your account statement, it seems to be Interswitch) and report that you have been defrauded by one their merchants and ask for a reversal of your funds.

Two things will happen, they'll either implement the reversal (After verification) or refer you to the acquiring bank of the merchant, who can obligate the merchant to refund you once they confirm a fraud has taken place.

And if you have the stomach for more trouble, you can actually involve Lawyers and Police and that way, you might end up getting even more than they deducted for the distress they caused you
Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by TeamLeader(m): 7:57am On Sep 12, 2021
pak:

@ OP, you can still recover your funds back and more if you want.

They must have used a payment processor to deduct your funds. As per CBN directives, payment processors are mandated to carry out KYC on their customers.
You can contact the payment processor involved (from your account statement, it seems to be Interswitch) and report that you have been defrauded by one their merchants and ask for a reversal of your funds.

Two things will happen, they'll either implement the reversal (After verification) or refer you to the acquiring bank of the merchant, who can obligate the merchant to refund you once they confirm a fraud has taken place.

And if you have the stomach for more trouble, you can actually involve Lawyers and Police and that way, you might end up getting even more than they deducted for the distress they caused you

What if the fraudstar has gotten the alert and withrawn the money.? Can such money still be retrieved?
Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by pak: 4:56pm On Sep 13, 2021
TeamLeader:

What if the fraudstar has gotten the alert and withrawn the money.? Can such money still be retrieved?

That shouldn't be a problem.

Your issue now is with the Payment Processor who received the funds and the collecting bank.

Just let them know, you didn't receive value for your payments and request a refund/reversal.

Part of the agreement a payment processor signs with a merchant is that customers reserve the right to receive refunds of their money whenever they do not get value for their payments
Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by Zyzxx10: 2:49pm On Nov 04, 2023
Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by Zyzxx10: 4:16pm On Nov 04, 2023
I messed up.
Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by Godsgift7837: 6:22am On Nov 05, 2023
Zyzxx10:

Epa no vex say I disturb you. It's because the country is hard and everybody i don run to for help since morning no fit help me except by telling me sorry and she will be healed. You sef go feel the badness of our economy too na why I no too dey surprised say you never answer me because everywhere tight and na who get urgent problems especially health like my own na him dey suffer pass. It is well.
I no Dey select people when I Dey assist. If you mention at a time when I fit help you, I go surely extend a helping hand to you. Unfortunately, this is not that time.

Thank you.
Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by BirtherOfKings(f): 6:47am On Nov 05, 2023
Want to resolve your bald hair issue?
Or you loosing hair like person that has cancer..front hair off? Or want to grow your beard? Call or text 0816₦98@2-7645
Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by Zyzxx10: 2:05pm On Nov 05, 2023
Re: I Just Got Scammed. Guys Learn From This And Be Aware by DDota: 12:40pm On Dec 05, 2023

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Folorunsho Alakija’s 65th Birthday Party In Pictures / Femi Otedola Attends Rhythm Unplugged With His "Small" Nokia / Sijibomi Ogundele Of Sujimotos To Give N5 Million For A Picture With MKO Abiola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.