Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,310 members, 7,815,563 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

When God Get's Jealous - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When God Get's Jealous (570 Views)

Why Doesn’t God Get Rid Of The Devil? / Why Did God Get Angry With Adam And Eve If He Knows All? / Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When God Get's Jealous by Dangerousboy(m): 12:50am On Sep 10, 2021
*WHEN GOD GET'S JEALOUS*

2 Corinthians 11:2 - For I am jealous for you with a godly jealousy; for I betrothed you to one husband, so that to Christ I might present you as a pure virgin.

God gets jealous. Surprised? He even told us one of his name's, which is ''Jealous''. Exo 34:14. But why do God get jealous.

God gets jealous when we put anything above him in our lives. Its like the jealous feeling you get when your spouse spend much time with someone else than you.

He can't stand seeing us drifting away from his hands. And sometimes he allow those things that we place above him to burn us so that we can come back to him.

The Story of Abraham when God told him to sacrifice Isaac, is a classic example of God's Jealousy.

Family, Friends, Money, Entertainment, Food, and even sleep could become idols in our lives, when we put them before God. So let's give God first place in our lives. ( further reading, Gen 22:1-20,)

1 Like

Re: When God Get's Jealous by orisa37: 8:03am On Sep 10, 2021
He becomes a Dangerous Father.

1 Like

Re: When God Get's Jealous by Dangerousboy(m): 9:22am On Sep 10, 2021
orisa37:
He becomes a Dangerous Father.
grin grin grin grin funny but true. Thanks for your contributions, greatly appreciated.
Re: When God Get's Jealous by Dangerousboy(m): 5:37am On Sep 12, 2021
God we give you praise and glory cause you are jealous for us, you watch, guide and protect us. Thank you dear Lord Jesus.
Re: When God Get's Jealous by TenQ: 5:45am On Sep 12, 2021
Dangerousboy:
*WHEN GOD GET'S JEALOUS*

2 Corinthians 11:2 - For I am jealous for you with a godly jealousy; for I betrothed you to one husband, so that to Christ I might present you as a pure virgin.

God gets jealous. Surprised? He even told us one of his name's, which is ''Jealous''. Exo 34:14. But why do God get jealous.

God gets jealous when we put anything above him in our lives. Its like the jealous feeling you get when your spouse spend much time with someone else than you.

He can't stand seeing us drifting away from his hands. And sometimes he allow those things that we place above him to burn us so that we can come back to him.

The Story of Abraham when God told him to sacrifice Isaac, is a classic example of God's Jealousy.

Family, Friends, Money, Entertainment, Food, and even sleep could become idols in our lives, when we put them before God. So let's give God first place in our lives. ( further reading, Gen 22:1-20,)

Love is one primary cause of Jealousy. How will you feel when the one you love is flirting with a serial heartbreaker?
Love doesn't force but it may not be reciprocal!
Re: When God Get's Jealous by Dangerousboy(m): 6:14am On Sep 12, 2021
TenQ:

Love is one primary cause of Jealousy. How will you feel when the one you love is flirting with a serial heartbreaker?
Love doesn't force but it may not be reciprocal!

Love is God and God is love. God does not force people to love him. He leaves us to our decision and sometimes, these decisions hurt us.
Re: When God Get's Jealous by ReacherSaidNoth: 8:15am On Sep 12, 2021
Jealousy comes from insecurity, why an alleged all-powerful entity would possess such a feature can only be ascribed to bad writing.

1 Like

Re: When God Get's Jealous by TenQ: 11:04am On Sep 12, 2021
Dangerousboy:
Love is God and God is love. God does not force people to love him. He leaves us to our decision and sometimes, these decisions hurt us.
I guess you mean that some of our decisions hurt God. Then you are very correct and this is the meaning of the jealousy of God

1 Like

Re: When God Get's Jealous by TenQ: 11:06am On Sep 12, 2021
ReacherSaidNoth:
Jealousy comes from insecurity, why an alleged all-powerful entity would possess such a feature can only be ascribed to bad writing.
Jealousy comes from LOVE!
Except God can force you to love Him back which will betray the fact that He doesn't truely love. God wouldn't force a reciprocal action of love.

Do you disagree with this?

1 Like

Re: When God Get's Jealous by LordReed(m): 12:06pm On Sep 12, 2021
TenQ:

Jealousy comes from LOVE!
Except God can force you to love Him back which will betray the fact that He doesn't truely love. God wouldn't force a reciprocal action of love.

Do you disagree with this?

Gal. 5
19Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, 20idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, 21envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

I guess your god is a hypocrite.

1 Like

Re: When God Get's Jealous by Dangerousboy(m): 5:44pm On Sep 12, 2021
LordReed:

Gal. 5
19Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, 20idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, 21envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

I guess your god is a hypocrite.
my God is not an hypocrite, you are the hypocrite. Your trying to be smart. My message was expository and explanatory but you chose the way of hypocrisy. May God help you
Re: When God Get's Jealous by LordReed(m): 6:17pm On Sep 12, 2021
Dangerousboy:
my God is not an hypocrite, you are the hypocrite. Your trying to be smart. My message was expository and explanatory but you chose the way of hypocrisy. May God help you

LMFAO! It's not my fault, its there in your bible. Jealousy is a work of the flesh and those that do it shall not enter the kingdom of god except the god himself who is a jealous god. Bwahahahahahahaha!

1 Like

Re: When God Get's Jealous by Dangerousboy(m): 8:18pm On Sep 12, 2021
LordReed:

LMFAO! It's not my fault, its there in your bible. Jealousy is a work of the flesh and those that do it shall not enter the kingdom of god except the god himself who is a jealous god. Bwahahahahahahaha!
for sometime now, you and your brothers from the kingdom of darkness have been fighting tooth and nails against the gospel, against the word of God in this place, most especially my posts to ridicule the gospel.

The church is marching on and the gates of hell shall not prevail. Now Satan in the name of Jesus Christ, GET LOST!
Re: When God Get's Jealous by LordReed(m): 9:00pm On Sep 12, 2021
Dangerousboy:
for sometime now, you and your brothers from the kingdom of darkness have been fighting tooth and nails against the gospel, against the word of God in this place, most especially my posts to ridicule the gospel.

The church is marching on and the gates of hell shall not prevail. Now Satan in the name of Jesus Christ, GET LOST!

Bwahahahahahahaha! Your magic spells won't work on me because I am real, it only works on your imaginary enemies. LMFAO!

(1) (Reply)

What Are Your Favorite Worst Bible Verses? / The Dark World Of Megachurches / My Experience With Jehovah Witnesses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.