Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,518 members, 7,826,952 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s South American Goals Record - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s South American Goals Record (25669 Views)

Osimhen Equals Weah, Eto’o, Salah’s Serie A Goals Record / Messi Breaks Pele's One-club Scoring Record As He Nets 644th Goal For Barcelona / Ighalo Equals Lukaku's Manchester United Goals Record (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s South American Goals Record by yusluvad(m): 9:18am On Sep 10, 2021
Congratulations Leo...
Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s South American Goals Record by esdeemiami(m): 9:19am On Sep 10, 2021
And the ending never stops.
Tomorrow you have another reason to end it again but Messi remains the G.O.A.T though grin

Echile:
Let's end this once and for all undecided

Like for Cr7

Share for Messi

5 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s South American Goals Record by onlinestaff2020: 9:19am On Sep 10, 2021
Guys,

Checking out statistics, do you know that Neymar (34 years) with 69 goals will still break Messi's record of international goals because he has age on his side. The margin of goals between both of them is slim.

Therefore, in about 5 - 7 years from now, Neymar will be the highest South American goal scorer.

That's my objective submission.

Anyway, Ronaldo (The Real Goat) will always be the European highest goal scorer.

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s South American Goals Record by fredoooooo: 9:20am On Sep 10, 2021
No wonder Pele never like him grin
The MESSIah cool

10 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s South American Goals Record by rottennaija(m): 9:21am On Sep 10, 2021
Enn214:
Thats why CR7 is working hard. If he shl resign, Messi will erase almost all his records before retirement

Lol
His body will only take him so far

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s South American Goals Record by fredoooooo: 9:25am On Sep 10, 2021
Enn214:
Thats why CR7 is working hard. If he shl resign, Messi will erase almost all his records before retirement

Messi isn't in a competition with Ronaldo, it's not just about goal goal and goal ,Messi is ahead with all round football .. football is more than just tap ins, penalties and scoring goals , we have lot's of important and key players in a team .They make team function and allow others to score .

7 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s South American Goals Record by Monday60655(m): 9:25am On Sep 10, 2021
Echile:
Let's end this once and for all undecided

Like for Cr7

Share for Messi

You see your life!!! Even when you twist it to favour Ronaldo, yet Messi still come first.

7 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s South American Goals Record by KillingIsFun: 9:28am On Sep 10, 2021
Please stay in school, olodo.

anochuko01:
Wow! So Neymar is already 34?! Phuking hell!!
Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s South American Goals Record by Richieniit: 9:29am On Sep 10, 2021
Glycolite:
We really don't care !
We only know one person when it comes to international goals in the footballing world,and that's all we care about .

The same person has more than 144 matches than Messi. Go and sleep biko! Stats shows Messi has more goal ratio, more assist, more trophies and more awards. grin

5 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s South American Goals Record by seyz91(m): 9:35am On Sep 10, 2021
cheesy
DEIFIED:
Messi and Ronaldo are something else I swear.
What an era.
Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s South American Goals Record by lichocho(m): 9:44am On Sep 10, 2021
princewarri1985:
Am really ashamed for messi celebrating, this is childs play! The real G.O.A.T is CR7 who has broken every record out there in football and he even has guiness world record to his name, messi is still a learner!
so na Messi no get Guinness world record? Bros find anoda tin talk...abi u wan talk say Ronaldo bang pussy pass Messi .

7 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s South American Goals Record by Vinnie2000(m): 9:45am On Sep 10, 2021
anochuko01:
Wow! So Neymar is already 34?! Phuking hell!!

Neymar was born in 1992..Just like Davido and Tekno.
He is 29 yrs of age..

It's Messi dat is 34... smiley

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s South American Goals Record by Ovie56(m): 9:47am On Sep 10, 2021
Good for him o, Bolivia is ranked 81st but we won't hear peem now.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s South American Goals Record by Nobody: 9:50am On Sep 10, 2021
StonedLex:
I'm a CR7 fan but I must confess, I enjoy watching Messi. He plays in a world of his own.

But still on still, CR7 any day, twice on a f*ckin Friday!!!

Guy i been the groove to your Stoner's diary, but e be like say you no too the drop update again.
Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s South American Goals Record by Rastaramsey(m): 9:50am On Sep 10, 2021
Damn Niggar
This guy is the greatest of all time ��

4 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s South American Goals Record by Vinnie2000(m): 9:51am On Sep 10, 2021
Ovie56:
Good for him o, Bolivia is ranked 81st but we won't hear peem now.

How about Azerbaijan, Malta and Faroe Island Ronaldo has scored Against?

Were are dey in FIFA ranking?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s South American Goals Record by DimIsaac10(m): 9:53am On Sep 10, 2021
The greatest..
Responsible man.
No rape issue..
No tax issue..
No age forgery..
Can score..
Can dribble..
Can assist...
Can defend...
Can block..
Can run...
Can score free kicks...
Can score hat trick....
They said he can't win nothing for his country...
He has won Olympic, under 17 World Cup, Silver medal in the original world world, hit finals in various national cups before guiding them to win the cup...

He is no more a Barça player...
The greatest..

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s South American Goals Record by olumike001(m): 9:54am On Sep 10, 2021
adioolayi:
The Real GOAT breaks millions of football lovers GOAT record...

..Not like someone breaking relatively unpopular football player record..

Choose your GOAT wisely, I know mine. grin grin grin
You have forgotten that it's after breaking the popular that you know, then he went ahead to break the ones you re not even alive when they died.

The way people out of criticism backstabb there points en.

Messi 153 games 79 goals
Pele 92 games 77 goals
This is the bitter truth that some people don't like to hear it.)

You know when Ronaldo has surpassed this??...I bet you don't wan5 to know.

Let me give you another jab...
A goat leaves his club in bankruptcy while the other at every new clubs leaves the former smiling to the bank, at least no emergency offloading of players after he leaves. Choose your goat wisely

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s South American Goals Record by ThierryJay: 9:56am On Sep 10, 2021
What Messi does is breathtaking! Guys just watch below and simply enjoy the magic of his first goal that equaled Pele's record earlier today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pkDbEZEmt8

Pls tell me when last Pendu has scored such a breathtaking beauty. That's what we mean by saying magical goal and tap-in no dey the same level.

7 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s South American Goals Record by Oryutu: 10:00am On Sep 10, 2021
Messi is the real goat

Neymar is 29 years
Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s South American Goals Record by chukxie(m): 10:00am On Sep 10, 2021
Messi, the humble GOAT!
Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s South American Goals Record by anochuko01(m): 10:01am On Sep 10, 2021
KillingIsFun:
Please stay in school, olodo.

About 10 people have mentioned me regarding this and you're the only one who has chosen to insult.
Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s South American Goals Record by adioolayi(m): 10:07am On Sep 10, 2021
olumike001:

You have forgotten that it's after breaking the popular that you know, then he went ahead to break the ones you re not even alive when they died.

The way people out of criticism backstabb there points en.

Messi 153 games 79 goals
Pele 92 games 77 goals
This is the bitter truth that some people don't like to hear it.)

You know when Ronaldo has surpassed this??...I bet you don't wan5 to know.

Let me give you another jab...
A goat leaves his club in bankruptcy while the other at every new clubs leaves the former smiling to the bank, at least no emergency offloading of players after he leaves. Choose your goat wisely

You and I can continue to churn out various statistics of the two, especially the ones that favours the one we are the fan of....We won't end that argument... grin grin grin.

One thing is certain, professionals that plays the game, and the regulating body have a way of rating these players..year on year..based on their performances...(Is this subject to debate Maybe yes, because of political influence and other reasons we can argue.. unfortunately, we are not authority cheesy grin cheesy).

Based on that rating...Messi has more BallonD'or compared to Ronaldo...On this singular note..Messi is a better player.

Unfortunately, anything you say outside this doesn't matter...Those that plays and regulate the game have spoken.

grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s South American Goals Record by StonedLex(m): 10:10am On Sep 10, 2021
Kingsuave:

Guy i been the groove to your Stoner's diary, but e be like say you no too the drop update again.

Boss, no vex abeg. sometimes, I might have something to drop but I may be too lazy to type. It happens frequently. Thanks for following up bro.
Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s South American Goals Record by Glycolite: 10:11am On Sep 10, 2021
Richieniit:

The same person has more than 144 matches than Messi. Go and sleep biko! Stats shows Messi has more goal ratio, more assist, more trophies and more awards. grin

Next match ;

PSG VS CLERMONT FOOT cheesy

Time; 16:00 pm ,Saturday.

Please,ensure to watch that match, that's the only thing I got for you.
Do take care .

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s South American Goals Record by ClintonNzedimma(m): 10:11am On Sep 10, 2021
Vinnie2000:

How about Azerbaijan, Malta and Faroe Island Ronaldo has scored Against?

Were are dey in FIFA ranking?
Azerbaijan, Malta?
Those ones are good na.
Ronaldo that used to score against nazareth, antioch and Bethlehem

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s South American Goals Record by Richieniit: 10:14am On Sep 10, 2021
Glycolite:

Next match ;

PSG VS CLERMONT FOOT cheesy

Time; 16:00 pm ,Saturday.

Please,ensure to watch that match, that's the only thing I got for you.
Do take care .

Ofcos i will.. is not Messi fault that they are playing Clermont. What abt Ronaldo playing against Andorra Lol

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s South American Goals Record by Nobody: 10:14am On Sep 10, 2021
StonedLex:

Boss, no vex abeg. sometimes, I might have something to drop but I may be too lazy to type. It happens frequently. Thanks for following up bro.

Thanks for the clarification man, more grease to your elbow big ups.
Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s South American Goals Record by Ephemmm: 10:15am On Sep 10, 2021
[s]
Enn214:
[/s]

You guys are funny with your 'working hard' palava.

So, Messi is just winning, dinning and eating hotdogs everyday and just enter into field to score, assist, dribbles and score-freekicks magically.

As I always say, both players are good, but the better player would usually becomes glaring when you remove goals from the equation.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s South American Goals Record by Glycolite: 10:18am On Sep 10, 2021
Richieniit:

Ofcos i will.. is not Messi fault that they are playing Clermont. What abt Ronaldo playing against Andorra Lol
Neither is it Ronaldo's fault he is playing against Andorra and Estonia cheesy
What about Messi playing against Guatemala and Panama ? cheesy

Have you ever heard of Guatemala before ? cheesy
Andorra and Estonia is even popular when compared to Guatemala and Panama .

Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s South American Goals Record by offiahvictor(m): 10:18am On Sep 10, 2021
adioolayi:

comedian
Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s South American Goals Record by uthlaw: 10:37am On Sep 10, 2021
adioolayi:

sure,our goat can pass,dribble, assist, create chances and still compete goals with does who rely on penalty and tap in...... choose your goat with sense!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Yemi Alade Visits Super Eagles Camp At AFCON 2024 (Video) / Manchester City's Benjamin Mendy To Spend Two Weeks In Prison / Gonzalez Reacts To Neymar Racism Claims..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.