Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,108 members, 7,953,388 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:23 PM

Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s South American Goals Record - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s South American Goals Record (25800 Views)

Osimhen Equals Weah, Eto’o, Salah’s Serie A Goals Record / Messi Breaks Pele's One-club Scoring Record As He Nets 644th Goal For Barcelona / Ighalo Equals Lukaku's Manchester United Goals Record (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s South American Goals Record by Richieniit: 12:22pm On Sep 10, 2021
Glycolite:

Neither is it Ronaldo's fault he is playing against Andorra and Estonia cheesy
What about Messi playing against Guatemala and Panama ? cheesy

Have you ever heard of Guatemala before ? cheesy
Andorra and Estonia is even popular when compared to Guatemala and Panama .

You can mention all the teams you like... Ask urself how many penalties Ronaldo have, how many chances created and how many top teams have Ronaldo matched against.. compare those stats with Messi before you quote me again.

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s South American Goals Record by fredoooooo: 12:24pm On Sep 10, 2021
Kingcalls:

Well that's ur prerogative... if u like dribble till thy kingdom come , if ur team dint score u will win nada.... thats y Ronaldo has been the more successful of them both especially in the past 5 yrs
Just like I said , believe whatever you want to believe.
Most successful in the last 5 years you said. Stats is always good whenever it suit your selfish and biased interests... Anyway enjoy your Ronaldo leave us with our MESSIAH

4 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s South American Goals Record by Nobody: 12:28pm On Sep 10, 2021
Enn214:
Thats why CR7 is working hard. If he shl resign, Messi will erase almost all his records before retirement

Is Messi not working hard?
Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s South American Goals Record by olumike001(m): 12:55pm On Sep 10, 2021
Idamond:

ronaldo 180 matches 111goals
messi 153 matches 79 goals

ronaldo 27 matches ahead of messi and 31goals ahead if messi tell ur ronaldo to wait for messi to play equal international matches with ronaldo let see who will be the super hero..

get sense while its still cheap

Anyway I wasn't expecting anything less than this ...
Same way we can say Ronaldo has 785 goals compare to 751. I wonder who told Messi not to have same international matches.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s South American Goals Record by Ijaya123: 1:10pm On Sep 10, 2021
Enn214:
Thats why CR7 is working hard. If he shl resign, Messi will erase almost all his records before retirement

Messi that is almost close to retirement.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s South American Goals Record by Contango(m): 1:11pm On Sep 10, 2021
There’s a group of people that will avoid this thread like plague
Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s South American Goals Record by FLYFIRE(m): 1:13pm On Sep 10, 2021
Ijaya123:

Messi that is almost close to retirement.
LOL, who looks more tired & NOT WANTED by MANY teams? grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s South American Goals Record by goodheart02(m): 1:13pm On Sep 10, 2021
Kingcalls:

U guys should worry about neymar thats 10 goals behind and 5yrs younger in a better team and leave Ronaldo that is 32 goals ahead of messi... it will take him at least another 7 yrs to score 32 goals , even if they keep on organising friendlies for him... and Ronaldo sef go still score at least 140 international goals b4 he retires

Honestly Neymar should be their problem and not Ronaldo, but as usual, they always want to drag CR7 in
Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s South American Goals Record by Ijaya123: 1:15pm On Sep 10, 2021
FLYFIRE:

LOL, who looks more tired & NOT WANTED by MANY teams? grin grin grin

CR7 looks more physically fit and athletic than Messi. That is pretty obvious to anybody.

And it also tell you that CR7 will play the game longer than Messi.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s South American Goals Record by Glycolite: 1:18pm On Sep 10, 2021
Richieniit:

You can mention all the teams you like... Ask urself how many penalties Ronaldo have, how many chances created and how many top teams have Ronaldo matched against.. compare those stats with Messi before you quote me again.

You started the Andorra stuff,and realising I took you to a cleaner in your own game, in that category, you're starting the boring penalty gist.
Since we are talking about international stage,let me school you again ,and it's my pleasure cheesy.

Messi has more penalty kick opportunities than Ronaldo in the international stage.
Messi got 22 penalty kick opportunities,and converted 18 of those opportunities.

Ronaldo got 21 penalty kick opportunities and converted 14 of them.

Now you see,out of Messi's 79 international goals ,18 are from the penalty spot.
Ronaldo have 111 international goals, 14 are from the penalty spot.

No,no need to thank me,I gave you those lessons free of charge.
You're welcome .

If you're talking about the overall penalty opportunities,and convertion rate,check this link and educate yourself ;

https://googleweblight.com/sp?u=https://www.messivsronaldo.app/detailed-stats/penalties/&grqid=0_Pi1Q4l&hl=en-NG

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s South American Goals Record by goodheart02(m): 1:19pm On Sep 10, 2021
Richieniit:

You guys with unnecessary stats. Which one is how many chances or assists. Honestly it's u Messi fans that brought up this shit.

Now lemme tell u, history will not remember how many dribbles or how many chances or assists, rather how many goals and how many wins.

Just like in an exam, no one cares about the beauty of your handwriting rather if u passed the exam

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s South American Goals Record by Nobody: 1:34pm On Sep 10, 2021
yammz:
greatest of all time
PENALTY GOAT won't be happy.
Could anyone believe MESSI hit this record without a PENALTY.... grin grin
HAT TRICK without stealing penalties from Teammates

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s South American Goals Record by Richieniit: 1:35pm On Sep 10, 2021
goodheart02:

You guys with unnecessary stats. Which one is how many chances or assists. Honestly it's u Messi fans that brought up this shit.

Now lemme tell u, history will not remember how many dribbles or how many chances or assists, rather how many goals and how many wins.

Just like in an exam, no one cares about the beauty of your handwriting rather if u passed the exam

So tell me what history will remember ? Cos if you are talking abt passing exam, Messi will always be ahead of Ronaldo in everything PERIOD!

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s South American Goals Record by Nobody: 1:37pm On Sep 10, 2021
Enn214:
What record does he have beyond scoring PENALTIES... grin grin grin grin
When Last did he score a normal Goal?
MESSI isn't interested in erasing his penalty records. CR7 can go ahead and score more.

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s South American Goals Record by Nobody: 1:38pm On Sep 10, 2021
ddippset:
Ballon dor 2021 loading!!
He already has it.
CR7 can go to TWITTER and fetch his.
He deserves TWITTER BALLON D'Or

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s South American Goals Record by Richieniit: 1:41pm On Sep 10, 2021
Glycolite:

You started the Andorra stuff,and realising I took you to a cleaner in your own game, in that category, you're starting the boring penalty gist.
Since we are talking about international stage,let me school you again ,and it's my pleasure cheesy.

Messi has more penalty kick opportunities than Ronaldo in the international stage.
Messi got 22 penalty kick opportunities,and converted 18 of those opportunities.

Ronaldo got 21 penalty kick opportunities and converted 14 of them.

Now you see,out of Messi's 79 international goals ,18 are from the penalty spot.
Ronaldo have 111 international goals, 14 are from the penalty spot.

No,no need to thank me,I gave you those lessons free of charge.
You're welcome .

If you're talking about the overall penalty opportunities,and convertion rate,check this link and educate yourself ;

https://googleweblight.com/sp?u=https://www.messivsronaldo.app/detailed-stats/penalties/&grqid=0_Pi1Q4l&hl=en-NG

Oga ur stats is NONSENSE and the penalty ratio you put up there is wrong! Ronaldo has 180 matches for Portugal and scored 111 goals compared to Messi 89 goals in 153 matches.. do your ratio you'll see Messi still have better stats there. Even ur Ronaldo and true footballers all know this.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s South American Goals Record by Nobody: 1:41pm On Sep 10, 2021
oluwaseyi0:
Messi and Ronaldo has to be probably forced to retire otherwise the next generation of footballer will have almost impossible record to break

Just like having a jamb record set to 395, breaking it will be one hell of a job
CR7 only depends on Penalties now.
He's already retired.
When Last did he dribble an opponent?
When last did he score a quality goal?
He was just offloaded by JUVE.
ARSENAL can't even buy CR7.
But MESSI triumphantly entered PARIS.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s South American Goals Record by Glycolite: 2:00pm On Sep 10, 2021
Richieniit:

Oga ur stats is NONSENSE and the penalty ratio you put up there is wrong! Ronaldo has 180 matches for Portugal and scored 111 goals compared to Messi 89 goals in 153 matches.. do your ratio you'll see Messi still have better stats there. Even ur Ronaldo and true footballers all know this.

My stats is nonsense ?
Take a chill pill to calm your nerves cheesy.
I know you're shocked that Messi has more international penalty goals than Ronaldo cheesy

You talked about penalties,right ?

I brought forward their respective penalty opportunities and conversion rate inthe international stage,but then you're still getting worked up ? cheesy.
I understand that moment when own delusion is broken.

It's no longer penalties converted in the international stage ?

Ronaldo has 180 caps,111 international goals and 32 international assist.
Out of Ronaldo's 111 goals ,14 are goals scored from 21 penalty kick opportunities.

Messi has made 153 international appearances,79 international goals,which 18 goals are from the penalty spot ( from 22 penalty opportunities) and 47 international assist.

Messi international goals is 79 not 89 as you claimed ,just in a desperate attempt to score cheap upvotes.

If you understand you elementary mathematics on how to calculate percentage,you will know that Messi have more penalty conversion rate and opportunities than Ronaldo ,in the international stage.

Out of Messi's 79 goals,18 are penalties.
Out of Ronaldo's 111 international goals,just 14 are from the penalty spot.
So,between Ronaldo and Messi who is paddling goals stat from penalty in international stages ? cheesy

I know, you're pained.
That's understandable.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s South American Goals Record by Chario10: 2:03pm On Sep 10, 2021
Join our 18+ whatsapp tv for great explicit contents,premium vpn,giveaways and lots more
+2348121741063
Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s South American Goals Record by OJEEMAH(m): 2:11pm On Sep 10, 2021
goodheart02:

You're not ashamed to talk rubbish or u don't know how to read. They said he only broke Pele's record but he isn't yet the South American highest goal scorer because there are people who have scored more than Pele in South American continent.

The CR7 u talk about is the highest goal scorer both in Europe and the world international level. Well, i don't blame u, but i blame the Messi fan boy who put up this irrelevant news.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s South American Goals Record by Richieniit: 2:20pm On Sep 10, 2021
Glycolite:

My stats is nonsense ?
Take a chill pill to calm your nerves cheesy.
I know you're shocked that Messi has more international penalty goals than Ronaldo cheesy

You talked about penalties,right ?

I brought forward their respective penalty opportunities and conversion rate inthe international stage,but then you're still getting worked up ? cheesy.
I understand that moment when own delusion is broken.

It's no longer penalties converted in the international stage ?

Ronaldo has 180 caps,111 international goals and 32 international assist.
Out of Ronaldo's 111 goals ,14 are goals scored from 21 penalty kick opportunities.

Messi has made 153 international appearances,79 international goals,which 18 goals are from the penalty spot ( from 22 penalty opportunities) and 47 international assist.

Messi international goals is 79 not 89 as you claimed ,just in a desperate attempt to score cheap upvotes.

If you understand you elementary mathematics on how to calculate percentage,you will know that Messi have more penalty conversion rate and opportunities than Ronaldo ,in the international stage.

Out of Messi's 79 goals,18 are penalties.
Out of Ronaldo's 111 international goals,just 14 are from the penalty spot.
So,between Ronaldo and Messi who is paddling goals stat from penalty in international stages ? cheesy

I know, you're pained.
That's understandable.

Worris all these NONSENSE you are typing.. how can you be comparing someone who has more matches to someone who has less . ? That's why I called your stats NONSENSE and I ma sure deep down your heart you know Messi is better than Ronaldo in every aspects which includes scoring goals, providing assists and being a team players. I feel sorry for you Ronaldo fan cos gone are days you'll say Messi is only good at Barca, make him comot go prove himself or wait... He has never won anything with Argentina. If I want to pick at you now I will ask your Ronaldo to provide just one tiny Olympic bronze medal lol.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s South American Goals Record by Glycolite: 2:30pm On Sep 10, 2021
Richieniit:

Worris all these NONSENSE you are typing.. how can you be comparing someone who has more matches to someone who has less . ? That's why I called your stats NONSENSE and I ma sure deep down your heart you know Messi is better than Ronaldo in every aspects which includes scoring goals, providing assists and being a team players. I feel sorry for you Ronaldo fan cos gone are days you'll say Messi is only good at Barca, make him comot go prove himself or wait... He has never won anything with Argentina. If I want to pick at you now I will ask your Ronaldo to provide just one tiny Olympic bronze medal lol.

I just realized I have been engaging a k*d.
Do have a great day.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s South American Goals Record by Richieniit: 2:33pm On Sep 10, 2021
Glycolite:

I just realized I have been engaging a k*d.
Do have a great day.

And you're just a fool for this recent post.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s South American Goals Record by Kingcalls: 2:39pm On Sep 10, 2021
Richieniit:

U can see Messi has played more penalties than Ronaldo...despite playing lesser games

Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s South American Goals Record by Glycolite: 2:46pm On Sep 10, 2021
Richieniit:

And you're just a fool for this recent post.
Kk
Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s South American Goals Record by Kingcalls: 2:46pm On Sep 10, 2021
Richieniit:

So tell me what history will remember ? Cos if you are talking abt passing exam, Messi will always be ahead of Ronaldo in everything PERIOD!

When they say u guys are senseless...it wud b like an insult.... messi despite playing lesser games has played more penalties that Ronaldo for country ... Ronaldo has 97 non penalty goals ...messi has 51 non penalty goals
Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s South American Goals Record by Kingcalls: 2:47pm On Sep 10, 2021
MALIGNANTGuest:

What record does he have beyond scoring PENALTIES... grin grin grin grin
When Last did he score a normal Goal?
MESSI isn't interested in erasing his penalty records. CR7 can go ahead and score more.

Now u can see how dumb u are

Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s South American Goals Record by Kingcalls: 2:49pm On Sep 10, 2021
Richieniit:

Who dash am 89 goals?? Deluded fans
Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s South American Goals Record by Glycolite: 2:51pm On Sep 10, 2021
Kingcalls:

U can see Messi has played more penalties than Ronaldo...despite playing lesser games

Ignore that k*d.

He brought Andorra and Estonia banter,I schooled his ass. He was having non of it,brought forward the stall penalty banter,to his dismay, Messi happens to have more penalty goals (18) out of his 79 international goals,while Ronaldo have 14 penalty goals out of his 111 international goals.
He started talking in the rubbish,that was when I knew he's not worth it.
I thought I was engaging a reasonable person.
Wasted my time on a joke of a person.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s South American Goals Record by Kingcalls: 2:53pm On Sep 10, 2021
Richieniit:

Worris all these NONSENSE you are typing.. [b]how can you be comparing someone who has more matches to someone who has less . ? [/b]That's why I called your stats NONSENSE and I ma sure deep down your heart you know Messi is better than Ronaldo in every aspects which includes scoring goals, providing assists and being a team players. I feel sorry for you Ronaldo fan cos gone are days you'll say Messi is only good at Barca, make him comot go prove himself or wait... He has never won anything with Argentina. If I want to pick at you now I will ask your Ronaldo to provide just one tiny Olympic bronze medal lol.

But u all compared messis record to pele that did his in 97 games...u see y ibsay u minions are senseless and pure hypos
Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s South American Goals Record by Ololadekiniun: 2:59pm On Sep 10, 2021
When messi and Ronaldo retires the Football era would really miss those icons o cool
Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s South American Goals Record by Richieniit: 3:09pm On Sep 10, 2021
Kingcalls:

But u all compared messis record to pele that did his in 97 games...u see y ibsay u minions are senseless and pure hypos

Did you see anything abt pele here in my post ? Ok from the rest of ur words i can tell you're still a kid so peace out.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Victorious 1980 Green Eagles Team / Nwabali: Our Support For You Remains Steadfast - Chippa United Back Super Eagles / Ighalo Leaves Watford, Completes Yatai Medical

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.