Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,428 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:27 AM

Sanwo-Olu Signs VAT Bill Into Law - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-Olu Signs VAT Bill Into Law (24701 Views)

Sanwo-Olu Signs Bill Regulating Real Estate Transactions In Lagos / Sanwo-olu Signs Bills Establishing Additional Two Universities In Lagos / Highlights Of The Lagos State VAT Bill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanwo-Olu Signs VAT Bill Into Law by Emilokoiyawon: 4:50pm On Sep 10, 2021
Restructuring by fire by force. All these lazy politicians need to go and fix their respective states. Stop leeching on hardworking people.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Signs VAT Bill Into Law by West2019(m): 4:50pm On Sep 10, 2021
Very good move . Governor Orton should pls sign it as well . No time to check time
Re: Sanwo-Olu Signs VAT Bill Into Law by mrkings84(m): 4:50pm On Sep 10, 2021
WIKE is one of the toughest, dogged and wisest governor. Thank you Barr. WIKE.

There's always a huge difference between an uneducated with an educated leader.

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Signs VAT Bill Into Law by Christistruth00: 4:52pm On Sep 10, 2021
Eriokanmi:
I'm telling you but this wouldn't make headlines. It was a coded info. I learnt wike almost ran mad on heating this in asaba. grin

I’m not a fan of Wike but for once he made me appreciate the Stubborn Headedness of our brothers on the other side of the Niger

He has been like a tenacious bull dog over the matter he couldn’t Stomach it at all

But who will blame Wike the Federal Government has spent over 50 years plundering Rivers States Natural resources and reducing

the People into near destitutes surrounded by a sea of Oil Pollution
Re: Sanwo-Olu Signs VAT Bill Into Law by Fuckyoumod: 5:04pm On Sep 10, 2021
tollyboy5:

Now that the judgment of the appeal court uphold the status quo, what will be the next move?
No date is stated for Final judgment ?
The truth is that I have never heard that Wike has ever lost a court case just watch and see.

As for Lagos Governor I don't know how far he is willing to go.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Signs VAT Bill Into Law by izubext007: 5:06pm On Sep 10, 2021
It's to reduce the booming sector of insecurity in the north.
FG are collecting VAT to fund bandits through Gumi.
Woke is wise and courageous man.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Signs VAT Bill Into Law by izubext007: 5:07pm On Sep 10, 2021
Delta government should follow this step.

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Signs VAT Bill Into Law by Springboot: 5:14pm On Sep 10, 2021
Softwareguy007:
Everybody don dey get sense small small cheesy

Do you wish to learn programming/ software development (Desktop,,Mobile and Web development)?
Do you have a passion for going into the ICT field?
Do you want to learn HTML, CSS, BOOTSTRAP, JAVASCRIPT, REACTJS, NODEJS, PYTHON, DJANGO, MYSQL, MONGODB, EXPRESS, JAVA AND SPRINGBOOT ?
Come inbox or check my signature

Because of this your msg, I have over 25 mentions and non was actually trying to tag me. angry

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Signs VAT Bill Into Law by TobiArchy(m): 5:20pm On Sep 10, 2021
shey you all noticed say this came up after PIB was signed into law... it's a very calculated move... this guys no dey do South West governors' meeting for nothing nao... kudos to 'em.

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Signs VAT Bill Into Law by normaman(m): 5:23pm On Sep 10, 2021
Mahd o!
Re: Sanwo-Olu Signs VAT Bill Into Law by ojsmscom(m): 5:25pm On Sep 10, 2021
The appeal court should be very open minded in adjuditing the case,if they treat it the way they fraudulently treated imo state matter, Nigeria will witness forceful state takeover of their economy and church will dismiss

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Signs VAT Bill Into Law by tollyboy5(m): 5:33pm On Sep 10, 2021
Fuckyoumod:

The truth is that I have never heard that Wike has ever lost a court case just watch and see.

As for Lagos Governor I don't know how far he is willing to go.
Lagos will join on the 16th, it'll be a win win

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Signs VAT Bill Into Law by udemzyudex(m): 5:53pm On Sep 10, 2021
Lol.. So fast? grin
Re: Sanwo-Olu Signs VAT Bill Into Law by RexTramadol1: 5:55pm On Sep 10, 2021
SensualMan1:
Any act to rip Nigerians off and impoverish them receives utmost attention to become law. But can yoruba businesses survive this? Forget the igbo millionaires.

The VAT they’ve been collecting before, how many Yorubas Dey complain?
Re: Sanwo-Olu Signs VAT Bill Into Law by pikechukwu6(m): 6:17pm On Sep 10, 2021
cheesy grin wahala be like pussy wey done kpafuka... Aboki free food done end
Re: Sanwo-Olu Signs VAT Bill Into Law by Tamunotonye22(m): 6:57pm On Sep 10, 2021
Abia state has logged out...
Re: Sanwo-Olu Signs VAT Bill Into Law by Pharaoh4rin(m): 7:03pm On Sep 10, 2021
ubreal:
Good one!! why our previous governors no bin get this kind sense??

Aswear down
Re: Sanwo-Olu Signs VAT Bill Into Law by Berankis: 7:04pm On Sep 10, 2021
Veryfoolishboy:
This is a big and calculated move.

Thank you Wike
Thank you sanwo olu
But LASG is also a big scam!!! They are already snuffing Life out of Lagosians with unwarranted extortions.
You ply the roads, you pay. Infact, you need 2 Driver's Licenses to drive in Lagos (Federal & LASDRI)
You do all sorts of registrations without accountability or benefits
You park your vehicle, you pay
You buy land, you pay
You wan build, you pay
You live there, you pay
You transport items in your private vehicle, you pay
We are already being over taxed (extorted) in Lagos. It is really crazy.
The last time VIO attempted to impound my vehicle for low tyre pressure!
If you registered your vehicle in Lagos you must obtain your National Roadworthiness in Lagos.
It's a crazy, I am contemplating relocating.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Signs VAT Bill Into Law by stasius: 7:12pm On Sep 10, 2021
Every state should go back to the drawing board and take charge.

Everything is not for federal govt.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Signs VAT Bill Into Law by DMCY: 7:31pm On Sep 10, 2021
arthurwillia:
Sanwo for vp

Kudos to him BC he signed the VAT bill into existence but he’s definitely not VP material
Re: Sanwo-Olu Signs VAT Bill Into Law by tamdun: 7:58pm On Sep 10, 2021
SensualMan1:
Any act to rip Nigerians off and impoverish them receives utmost attention to become law. But can yoruba businesses survive this? Forget the igbo millionaires.
U be dollardinho, same vat "yoruba businesses" already paying to fed govt,lag has even reduced the amount from 7.5 to 6%, so why won't they pay?
Re: Sanwo-Olu Signs VAT Bill Into Law by gloriaa(f): 8:25pm On Sep 10, 2021
This is a good move. I pray that it succeeds so that it encourage healthy competition among states.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Signs VAT Bill Into Law by nisai: 8:28pm On Sep 10, 2021
SensualMan1:
Them use bragging swear for Una?
Re: Sanwo-Olu Signs VAT Bill Into Law by nisai: 8:31pm On Sep 10, 2021
Ibkhaleel001:
HOW THE SOUTHERN VAMPIRES SUCK THE NORTH DRY
Banks run over a dozen of financial facilities from loans to cash transfer. Each facility generates billions for the bank owners.
Northerners with a population of about 140 million do not own a single bank in Nigeria, except for some tiny community banks.
Daily, about 20 million Northerners do bank transfer through some of the big commercial banks that belong to Southerners and each one of them is now charged 20 naira.
20 × 20 million = 400 million. This is the amount Northerners give to Southerners daily on just a single type of bank transaction out of many. In a month it means 4 billion × 29 = 116000000000 (116.billion). In a year it translates into 116000000000 × 12 = 1392000000000 (1.392 trillion).
1.392 trillion the north is giving to the south every year is enough to:
1- 2,784,000 low cost houses each year at unit cost of 5 million.
or
2- 1,392,000 village schools each year at unit cost of 10 million.
or
3- 13,920 small scale industries each year at unit cost of 100 million.
4- Give 50,000 Naira scholarship to 2,784,000 students yearly.
You can think of other projects the amount Northerners are wasting on the Southerners for a single bank facility called mobile transfer and do the maths.
Now come to think of it how much money move from the North to South for the entire banking services. It is estimated to be over 13 trillion which more than double the entire federal budgetary allocation given to the North.
That is just the banking sector. Similar humongous losses are registered in other sectors such as telecommunications, insurance, education, trade, etc This is not an issue for individuals or groups to tackle. It is a political economic issue calling for political decision and action. It is the core reason the North is economically backward. Northern poverty is a direct result, mainly, of lack control of financial and natural resource. Northerners must call for restructuring for direct control of trade, manufacturing and the service industry. Forget about the false Southern propaganda that Northerners are lazy. Millions of Northerner wake up at 4 am and work their bones tired to 8pm and beyond making very little. Their resources have been taken over and only political action can restore them.
The Southern Nigerians have taken political action to stop herders and Ruga project, they took political action to take over trade by demolishing markets owned by Northerners in the South, they took political action to stunt Northern transport business through officially encouraging violent taut action, they took poitical action to demoralized Northerners via massive media stereotype and false propaganda etc
This is the reason those Southern leeches exploiting the North as bankers, transporters, counterfeit goods traders, school owners, estate prospectors, contractors, kidnapping and terrorist sponsors do not wish to leave the North or have Nigeria broken up as oppose to their ignorant tribesmen agitating for break up. These leeches when they talk about restructuring, they mean more political concession and control is to be given to them to permanently dominate the economic life of Northerners
All these epistle because two governors say they cannot continue to feeding bottle you like a baby? Haba!

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Signs VAT Bill Into Law by akdjr(m): 9:18pm On Sep 10, 2021
But you suppose know say this cant stand quote author=Veryfoolishboy post=105682947]This is a big and calculated move.

Thank you Wike
Thank you sanwo olu[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Signs VAT Bill Into Law by 77star: 9:58pm On Sep 10, 2021
Fuckyoumod:
Lol double wahala for the leeches and parasites of Nigeria.

I took my time to study and review what the law really says about this VAT. Then I discovered that Rivers and Lagos state were in line with the law.

So even if this matter gets to the supreme court they would still emerge victorious.

pls can u just enlighten me on the advantages and disadvantages of this vat of a thing, and the effect on pple's business?
Thank you
Re: Sanwo-Olu Signs VAT Bill Into Law by Fuckyoumod: 6:14am On Sep 11, 2021
77star:

pls can u just enlighten me on the advantages and disadvantages of this vat of a thing, and the effect on pple's business?
Thank you
OK, let me take my time to explain all this, I also know its not relevant to the subject matter.

First let's start by knowing what Vat is.

What is VAT?

[Value-Added Tax (VAT) is a tax on consumer spending. It is payable on goods and services consumed by any person whether government agencies, business organizations or individuals. It can also be defined as a tax on spending/consumption levied at every stage of a transaction but eventually borne by the final consumer of such goods and services. In Nigeria, it is levied at a flat rate of 7.5%.

Advantages.

VAT in general increases government revenue stream, which can be invested in infrastructure, health, education and other developmental projects, and stimulate economic growth.
The additional revenue would help reduce government’s dependence on oil revenue.

Disadvantages.

Whilst VAT is good, increase in VAT could reduce overall consumption and further slow-down the economy and peoples businesses making it counter-productive.

Effects on peoples businesses.

Also my dear brother, because Nigeria is the poverty capital of the world, an unchecked increase in a consumption tax like VAT would be a huge burden on the average Nigerian. In terms of income distribution, Nigeria is among the most unequal countries in the world. The increase will therefore shrink the purchasing power of the already impoverished Nigerian income earner and cripple peoples businesses.

I hope I made sense?
It is my believe and understanding, that even if anybody holds a different opinion about my submissions as regards to your questions it won't be very far from all I have written here.

Warm Regards.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Signs VAT Bill Into Law by Abdogood(m): 9:02am On Sep 11, 2021
Sanwo is a smart and intelligent man. He understands that power belongs to the people. He is winning more admirers to his side. Playing a fair politicing. Smart move. Putting Lagos in the sport light.

People like Fasola, Ambode, Sanwo, Wike, and Duke should the standard for office holders not opportunistic visionless ones like in K state.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Signs VAT Bill Into Law by 77star: 2:39pm On Sep 11, 2021
Fuckyoumod:
OK, let me take my time to explain all this, I also know its not relevant to the subject matter.

First let's start by knowing what Vat is.

What is VAT?

[Value-Added Tax (VAT) is a tax on consumer spending. It is payable on goods and services consumed by any person whether government agencies, business organizations or individuals. It can also be defined as a tax on spending/consumption levied at every stage of a transaction but eventually borne by the final consumer of such goods and services. In Nigeria, it is levied at a flat rate of 7.5%.

Advantages.

VAT in general increases government revenue stream, which can be invested in infrastructure, health, education and other developmental projects, and stimulate economic growth.
The additional revenue would help reduce government’s dependence on oil revenue.

Disadvantages.

Whilst VAT is good, increase in VAT could reduce overall consumption and further slow-down the economy and peoples businesses making it counter-productive.

Effects on peoples businesses.

Also my dear brother, because Nigeria is the poverty capital of the world, an unchecked increase in a consumption tax like VAT would be a huge burden on the average Nigerian. In terms of income distribution, Nigeria is among the most unequal countries in the world. The increase will therefore shrink the purchasing power of the already impoverished Nigerian income earner and cripple peoples businesses.

I hope I made sense?
It is my believe and understanding, that even if anybody holds a different opinion about my submissions as regards to your questions it won't be very far from all I have written here.

Warm Regards.

Thank u boss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Day Atiku Blasted Obasanjo To His Face / Saraki: Kennedy Izuagbe Sues EFCC To Prevent Arrest (pic) / Is Nigeria Really The Richest Country In West Africa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.