Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,484 members, 7,830,448 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? (36423 Views)

Why Is Pastor Adeboye Visiting Governors With Mandates Challenged In Court? / What Man Of God Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Femi Aribisala / Is Pastor TB Joshua A Member Of Illuminati?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by Godsgirl(f): 4:19pm On Aug 01, 2007
How did all this start? Is this really neccessary, really??

What is the use of hurling insults at one another? It is either you believe or don't. SIMPLE. It is your right. I will appreciate not having my personal email flooded with notifications only to find insults from one to another bc of their belief. I did not bargain for this by joining this forum. I am extremely disgusted and disappointed in the way this topic is being handled. I do not think anyone on 'Naira Rules' is a child (@ least i hope not). You all should be aware that you have a right to your belief. It is called "free will."  Must we be kicked off of the forum by Naira Rules before we learn to respect each other? MY GOODNESS!!! LET IT GO! angry
Please- Does anyone know how to cancel a request for notifications-I have attmpted the regular route twice/does not seem to be working. Thanks!

Agape!
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by Veracious(f): 4:49pm On Aug 01, 2007
Thanks Sis, i really hope they would take to your advice.i cant even explain what i did to them that warranted all the insults i got from the likes of Dios, enitan,daprince and even IDINRETE who i thought was on my side.
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by Dios(f): 5:43pm On Aug 01, 2007
Freedom of choice is mandatory, but its about time "born agains" get a dose of their own medicine.
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by Godsgirl(f): 5:45pm On Aug 01, 2007
My dear, take my word for it-God can really defend himself. Most people here have heard the gospel. Some have even experienced hurt from Christians who have misrepresented God. Therefore when you speak to them, try to keep that in mind and say a prayer that their hurt will be healed. The great commision is fufilled when one more person has heard the gospel. If they have heard it, they are faced with a choice to take it or leave it. We as Christians must move on to others who have not heard it, Eventually, everyone will answer to what they did with what they heard.

I am not a Deeper Lifer. I am a non-denominational Christian. However,  I acquaint with DL folks and I respect them with all my being  wink.

It is sad to see how arguments such as this have led several Christians to backslide bc the point is merely to intimidate the person, I tried to defend God once and when the Holy Spirit made it clear to me that God is "God all by Himself"-I laid off. It is only the Holy Spirit that can touch the heart of man.

Do not worry about who you thought was on your side or not- Try to forgive em and let it go.

Veracious Sweetie: The Lord placed this on my heart to give you since last night: 1 Peter Chap 2, vs 15. You have done your best. Remember what Christ says we should do when we are not welcome? Therefore, staying on this subject any more than you have might keep a grudge in your heart for these people and I am sure you do not want that,

I love you girl,

Agape!
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by IDINRETE: 8:58pm On Aug 01, 2007
Veracious:

Thanks Sis, i really hope they would take to your advice.i can't even explain what i did to them that warranted all the insults i got from the likes of Dios, enitan,daprince and even IDINRETE who i thought was on my side.

Veracious! can you pinpoint where and how have I insulted you?
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by Veracious(f): 10:24am On Aug 02, 2007
@ Godsgirl

You are indeed Godsgirl. i really appreciate your concern and love. please can we be friends? if yes could you please send my an email? i would have done that myself, but when i tried to, i found out your email was hidden.

like you rightly said i don't have to stay put here on these topic, i guess i should leave so i won't have any grudg in mind against anyone.

hope to hear from you soonest Sis.

I Luv you.
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by Nobody: 11:09am On Aug 02, 2007
Veracious:

The reason is simply because they are the Devil's incarnate.

oh am really dissapointed at you. i thought you had some common sence of responsibility?

all these so-called MOG you are talking about, you all will be surprise that most even if not all will not make it there to paradise all because of their superficiality.

1. They are the only one that GOD talks to
2. You obey them, you make heaven, and vice-versa
3. They have control over your entire life
4. They demand 10% of your hard-earned salary they didnt work for every damned month
5. They call upon so many conferences just for millions to turn out to show how they command respect e.t.c

And on that day they will say to the lord Jesus, did we not healed the sick in your name? did we not organise 'youth conference' in your name? did we not collect 10% of their salary to further your work on earth? e.t.c And HE will say unto them get out of my face cos i know you not.

"@ Veracious,
i've never sought for your support, ok? i speak my mind as it is.

BE YOURSELF, THERE'S NO HUMAN SOUL THAT IS HOLY BUT ONLY THE FATHER IN HEAVEN IS
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by Boondoggle(m): 8:08am On Aug 05, 2007
Hnmm! It's absolutely impossible to clap with one hand. grin lipsrsealed
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by Boondoggle(m): 8:27am On Aug 05, 2007
@G-girl,

Can see you almost your cool. Please don't be discouraged. The effect of your contributions cannot be overemphasized.

Shalom cool
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by Godsgirl(f): 8:57am On Aug 05, 2007
@ B,
Hey sweetie, I know, but I am ok now, thank God, I can't stay angry for too long, I'm just not wired that way. Thanks agan for your support. As always.

It's all about Agape!
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by mellow(m): 9:44am On Aug 05, 2007
Much ado about nothing.
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by Backslider(m): 8:47pm On Sep 16, 2007
@Poster,

From The last I heard of this Brother Kumuyi

I can from the Authority of Scripture If he still Live what he Preaches He is a Holy man but in the Kingdom of God there is no "OGA"

If you are High you are Low

If you are Low you are High

God works better when the weak SUBMIT themselves.
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by MasterUwem(m): 11:19am On Nov 20, 2007
How many churches are holy? and are u holy
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by Nobody: 9:19am On Nov 21, 2007
No human spirit is holy and can never be holy. Only God is holy and perfect.
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by lilykevwe(f): 10:44am On Nov 21, 2007
the guy (pastor Kumuyi) is a God fearing man, but i cannot vouge for his followers, they over do things, i was a member of dat church, i now attend RCCG, does it mean dat pastor E. A. Adeboye is not holy or wont go to heaven or some other pastors, lets not judge, bcuz we are not d ones 2 determine who sees God. we only determine for our ow life.
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by Molseye(m): 11:26am On Nov 21, 2007
I really have to advice all Posters that you dont have to judge at all. The fact that one lives a life distinct from others is an indication that a lot criticism will follow,

Someone once told me " Even if u are criticised, you should be for 4 good things"

Take your stand for whatever positive belief u claim,

These Pastors and Men of God have taken so much to reach their levels, So you guys make sure you start something with HIM directly so HE can use you in HIS own way,
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by dafidixone(m): 5:27pm On Nov 23, 2007
Holiness "Purity in Soul,Mind and Body" undecided grin grin grin grin
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by Blessynna: 4:30pm On Apr 24, 2008
I do not know all the holiness pastors so I am not going to comment on that and even if i do, i am not to rate them, it isnt my job. but one thing is very clear, Pastor Kumuyi is a great holiness preacher and abides by the Word he preaches too. there are other great preachers that do same. and for your information, you have to know that God will not condone sin because 99% of the world's population is doing wrong. I am not a fanatic but anything that causes controversy in the church of God today, i dont partake in and one of those things is ladies wearing long pants. you can react to this anyhow you like but i have done a lot of research and have not found the English people who we imitate doing so in their early years, i mean like in the 17th century and so, modernisation does not change the scriptures nor God's mind. If you do not like the way you were created and you alter your appearance, i wonder what you are trying to tell your Maker!
Whether we like it or not, Christ is coming for the church and only those that are ready for Him will go with Him and in case you dont know, there are multitudes of people ready for Him.
One thing that should be corrected is that members of Pastor Kumuyi's church are not poor nad desperate people, not wearing makeup and jewellery doesnt make you poor.The emphasis is on modesty ie cover up sensitive parts of your body( the era of turtle neck has expried when people were not enlightened),wear what belongs to your sex and be clean, nothing less or more.
Lets stop saying things we are not sure of even if there are some fanatics. You havent met all the members of this church yet so you cant judge because of one or two fanatics you have met.
Thanks and God bless you all.
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by shinystar(m): 8:27pm On Apr 24, 2008
I vote for Kumuyi. Even Gbile admits he is his father. I like Gbile but he is too docile. Kumuyi has been around for years without any blemish. He has preached holiness for decades without fears. I think he deserves the credit. That is a record waiting to be broken.
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Apr 24, 2008
wat of pastor chris oyakhilome and prophet t.b joshua grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by shinystar(m): 8:44pm On Apr 24, 2008
Jennykadry

You made me laugh. How can you mention businessmen on pulpits as holiness preachers. You mischief is noted though
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by revlanre(m): 11:25am On Jul 19, 2008
only God is Holy and only God gives Righteousness wink
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by reindeer: 9:50pm On Jul 19, 2008
WHy all these meaningless pastor rankings?
Oh so christianity now has a weekly top 10 countdown she?
I now fully believe most christains are pastor worshippers,if not you'd have all realised the folly in fighting for those whom heaven is as sure as it is for you(i.e you cant even bet they'll be in heaven before you).
and to think insults even flew around, chei! joblessness and Godlessnes make a bad combo!
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by lovethlove: 4:54pm On Jul 27, 2008
The issue of Holiness preacher is not the main thing it is the issue of Holiness. I respect Kumuyi becos he stood to his conviction since the time he begin his ministry till date were other preachers are changing there msg to prosperity wealth .though Kumuyi preach prosperity wealth they are thing needed by every body christian or no christain.but the main thing being a christain is to live the life of christ which is holiness.Today look at our generation of young pastor it a shame that after the kumuy's adeboye's oyedepo's tukura's gbile's akinola's olukoya's, , have gone hmm. today church is now a pub to see sexy girl and more abominable things. lastest christain it is the heart.
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by abolemma(m): 7:13pm On Aug 29, 2008
HELLO TO YOU ALL IN THE HOUSE!
HVING GONE THROUGH OTHER PEOPLE'S COMMENT ABOUT PASTOR KUMUYI, F.W, I HAVE THIS TO SAY:

THAT PASTOR KUMUYI MAY NOT AND IS NOT THE ONLY HOLINESS PREACHER WE HAVE IN NIGERIA BUT I CHALLENGE YOU ALL THAT HE STANDS OUT TALL AMONG THE SAID FEW IF THERE ARE!

THAT HE HIS PASSIONATE ABOUT THE CONDITION OF SEEING GOD AT THE END OF OUR TRANSIENT TIME ON PLANET EARTH; THAT IS "WIHOUT HOLINESS NO MAN SHALL SES GOD" NO MATTER HOW WE DEBATE IT , THIS UNCHANGING WORD OF GOD STANDS.

THAT HE IS SO CONVINCED ABOUT DOING WHAT IT IS RIGHT AND IMPARTING IT TO THE YOUNGER GENERATION; THAT IS LIVING IN THE NEWNESS OF LIFE ALWAYS THROUGH SONSHIP IN THE LORD JESUS!

THAT HIS PREACHING IS SO DIFFERENT FROM THE MANY SO CALL A PREACHER WHO HAS NOTHING TO DELIVER TO THE DYING WORD EXCEPT JILTING THEM.

THAT THE PASTOR IS UNCHANGING IN ALL HIS PREACHING; HE HAS BEEN PREACHING THIS MESSAGE SINCE 1973 WHEN MANY OF THE SO CALLED NAIRALANDERS HAVE NOT BEEN BORN INCLUDING MY SELF.

THAT THIS PASTOR IS AMONG THE VERY FEW NIGERIAN PASTORS AND ABROAD THAT I RESPECT SO MUCH BECAUSE I WANT TO SEE GOD AT THE END OF THE AGE: WHAT ABOUT YOU??

GOD BLESS YOU ALL
EAT
PHC
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by oldtime(m): 9:33am On Oct 13, 2008
W.F Kumuyi is a vessel, Gbile Akanni, is a vessel, the former have made tangible marks on most preachers, Like Ransomed Bello, Steven Akiola, Lawon, Shafe, Alfred Itiowe, Tunde Bakare and many others now Pastors of different churches
Considering that Kumuyi, started out in the 60s and with a ministry which eventually became a church in the 70s, He has been consistent without compromise on doctrines, despite, the invasions from American influence which ended up to have confused so many on truths from scriptures
Gbile is also a rare detailed preacher, who exemplified Christianity in a revealed manner to him
William Kumuyi and Enoch Adejare Adeboye were friends in the 70s and so was Idahosa, But at some point WF kumuyi , defined his closeness with the duo for reasons known only to Him
These have made indelible marks in their little time with us and showed commitments to Christ
The question is What have you and I done with their messages brought from Christ?
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by hns: 7:40pm On Jan 08, 2009
whosoever posted this topic to the net should seek 4 serious 4giveness,lest His judgement come upon u
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by sunbat(m): 10:44pm On Jan 08, 2009
Dr. D.K. Olukoya of MFM is one of them
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by Ayankaa: 6:47am On Apr 08, 2009
Talking about tittle in reference to Gbile Akani, what do you say of Adeboye,Idahosa,T D Jakes etc if God could call David a Man after my heart and Abraham his friend i see nothing wrong with titles.
Talking about kumuyi market strategy, come to think of it that this man was an exceptional first class material as a result he was awarded a scholarship for a doctorate degree, this he declined and went after his calling starting Deeper life with 5 students selling his cars and spending whatsoever income for the work of God, i think this man has a standard that even preachers that dont preach the way he does respect.During a crusade in Anambra state where CAN ans PFN representatives where he was called a preacher of preachers a father of fathers a prophet of prophets.I think our problem is that we want our preachers to tell us what we want to hear.
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by Nobody: 10:39am On Apr 08, 2009
@Topic. YES!
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by farochron(m): 9:01am On May 20, 2009
As per whether he's the best holiness preacher I think only God can tell but from my observation I have not found this man's flaw since I knew him. I have found him upright and I have been to several churches where there General overseers refer to his teachings in short reference him as a good example.

He's not like some with double standards. We don't here of mischevious reports about him and he's never been equivocal in his teachings and deeds.

I want to ask all Niralanders who have said many things against this man to search their heart of hearts if they have found Pastor W F Kumuyi wanting in any area. I mean the man himself and not one member that you know.
Re: Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? by solosimple(m): 11:31am On May 20, 2009
Anyone who understands the Bible knows that it is not scriptural to be comparing one believer with another.
If there are good traits in a mans life, we can commend him for such and encourage others to emulate him.
But to be comparing one with another, it is absolutely not scriptural. Topics like this would only cause strife, envy division, confusion and every evil work. AND OFF COURSE THIS IS NOT FROM GOD. See 1Cor3:1-10. when people begins to compare one man of God to another, this is the beginning of evil.
I hope all those who are caught in this act , in the poster would repent quickly.
Peace to all!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Paul Enenche Reveals Those Behind Kaduna Killings, Tells UN What To Do (VIDEO) / I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? / Is It True The Forbidden Fruit In The Garden Was Sex? (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.