Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,808 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

What Is Happening To TSTV? - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Is Happening To TSTV? (34401 Views)

What Happened To TSTV? / What Happened To TSTV? / DSTV, Startimes, Others Question FG Tax Relief To TStv Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by Mypeople2(m): 8:06am On Sep 11, 2021
collinometricx:
https://www.nairaland.com/4811760/what-happened-tstv

I created that thread before and the replies were satisfying.. I'm bringing this up again because DSTV and gotv are miking Nigerians even startimes is frustrating...
Nothing happened to them .They were simply telling us what they can't do

1 Like

Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by Nobody: 8:07am On Sep 11, 2021
nairavsdollars:
Dstv is like Dangote..killing all competitors

Yes, like startimes...no wait! cheesy
Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by engrfaruq(m): 8:08am On Sep 11, 2021
osazsky:
Elon musk thank u...get the small disc hang it outside ..browse ant their office location closet to u and thank me later.me I dey enjoy my own for edo for like 7 months now..no hanging while watching with phone or tv

This doesn't seem to be available in Abuja.
Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by Topmaike007(m): 8:10am On Sep 11, 2021
inoki247:
Why're you people always complaining abt DSTV and GOTv shey dem put knife for ur neck ni dere are free to Air u people can always try nd Startime dey dere...

Dem force all na abi why're you guys always crying up nd down sef this life na choice...

You people saying dey don't av Political will nd DSTv don monopolize the market. We still av dem KweseTv, Startime nd diffrnt free to air why DSTv no block doz ones from running...

Abi when DSTv keeps coming up with different TV shows nd Content are the odas sleeping dey cant also come up with something..

when someone fails let's admit he don fail nd stop looking for excuses...

imagine Glo for how many years still battling with good browsing signal nd MTN dat means business u can hardly see dem fvck up even Airtel we know aw many times wey dem don sell am nd 9mobile sef jus giv it to diz people dem sabi business...
kwese no dey again, even hope no dey for startimes again.. Dstv Don europa from dem with bidding that if you are not strong enough you go back out
Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by Nobody: 8:12am On Sep 11, 2021
engrfaruq:

This doesn't seem to be available in Abuja.
It's not available in Abuja, oddly enough..(It is available elsewhere in Nigeria, just not Abuja)
Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by Topmaike007(m): 8:20am On Sep 11, 2021
osazsky:
y not get a k connect garget that connects to satalite in space...its own by the richest man in d world went to space last month..u pay 6900 a month..u watch everything with ur smart tele..and download the world ..any match u wan watch dey there..internet is better..and it doesn't break like glo or mtn..is wat I am using and it's like magic..if u sub ur phone 2k..pay gotv 3k..sub ur wife 1k that's 6k already and it's not unlimited
please sir shed more light on this I am interested please

2 Likes

Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by Nobody: 8:24am On Sep 11, 2021
Topmaike007:
please sir shed more light on this I am interested please

To find out if Kconnect is in your area, check the link below

Kconnect: Where to buy

Type in the name of your area, plus the country, and you get a list of nearest dealers.
Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by mikkyjay(m): 8:34am On Sep 11, 2021
symbianDON:
thank you so much bro! I just visited their site and I am already trying to make contact with an agent to come and hook me up. I can't thank you enough!

I have contacted them and they sent their plans to me by email,
Their plans are expensive and nothing to write home about, imagine 10gb for 7k, thereafter they will throttle you, I even get better plans on my MTN double data.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by engrfaruq(m): 8:37am On Sep 11, 2021
Modrov:

It's not available in Abuja, oddly enough..(It is available elsewhere in Nigeria, just not Abuja)

Very odd

1 Like

Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by nairabacks(f): 8:38am On Sep 11, 2021
I keep saying it

Tstv is a subsidiary of multichoice.

Stupid shell company.

1 Like

Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by Olumyco(m): 8:49am On Sep 11, 2021
TSTV has gone off for sometime now... I think its getting to two weeks now. It looks somehow. They should try and do something. It doesn't make sense for me to have TSTV and start thinking of getting DSTV or GoTV or startTimes because of the technical issue they are having.
Their channels are ok, they just need to work and market more.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by Reference(m): 8:49am On Sep 11, 2021
Virus99:
Same issue with almost every innovative Nigerian start up: funding wahala !

To take on market leaders like DSTV...one needs a very deep pocket.

And here in Nigeria, you are your own. Banks won't give you money, government doesn't care and we don't have the kinda organized Silicon Valley investors here.

So our innovative young people are easily fvcked by their big competitors.

It is like that in any industry anywhere in the world.
Ask yourself if any start up in Japan today can take on Toyota or Honda or any start up can rise up to take on US day time TV giants such as CBS, ABC, NBC or Fox.

The key to succeeding lies in your last line, INNOVATION.
Simply put, if you are not literally reinventing the wheel the game play of big industry is pretty much set in stone. The only hope of overturning them is if the big boys comit some sort of economic suicide.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by PGKing1(m): 8:49am On Sep 11, 2021
Its the Nigerian H factor at play....

Original Backwoods available at Wholesale prices Dm
Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by vandersave: 9:23am On Sep 11, 2021
If you don't sleep well, it's Tinubu, if your wife no get belle, it's Tinubu. Meanwhile the unfortunate part of the matter is that Tinubu doesn't even know if you exist.

Better face your life and do something good with it.
You are talking tstv, Tinubu is the number one person you mention.
Has Tinubu given you your breakfast this morning?
xpressionx:
Tinibu gave them hope to use legislation and push Dstv out jf the market so they can take over.

4 Likes

Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by WaffenSS(m): 9:26am On Sep 11, 2021
SportsHD:
Politics and influence of "big tv" that is, DStv and star times.

They might be frustrating them with tax, levies, unaproval of licences etc. And nowadays, nigeria ain't the best place to do business. Even ShopRite sold their shit and ran.

https://www.nairaland.com/4093682/dstv-startimes-others-question-fg

Since when are DSTV and Startimes in charge of taxes, levies, and licenses?

1 Like

Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by TheGift: 9:30am On Sep 11, 2021
AfriqueDuZuid:

It's only Nigeria and Kenya where they closed shop

Not only in Nigeria & Kenya. Update yourself by reading this article

https://www.howwemadeitinafrica.com/125457-2/125457/?mc_cid=3a6c62934e&mc_eid=5124ffe09d

1 Like

Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by eitsei(m): 9:34am On Sep 11, 2021
Bunmhi:
I haven't heard of Tstv before
really? when did you join Nairaland?
because there was a time more than 3 TSTV posts made front page
Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by Nodogragra4me(m): 9:36am On Sep 11, 2021
SportsHD:
Politics and influence of "big tv" that is, DStv and star times.

They might be frustrating them with tax, levies, unaproval of licences etc. And nowadays, nigeria ain't the best place to do business. Even ShopRite sold their shit and ran.

https://www.nairaland.com/4093682/dstv-startimes-others-question-fg

Tstv is enjoying tax holidays of a pionner status that will last for five years and is renewable.

Government is bent on ensuring they succeed , it is the b8g companies that are using rough plays against them.

There are Nigerian personality that won't allow their product to be on Tstv because dstv would"ban" them

Tstv present model remains the best both for us and themselves... Each channel proved it worth and when any is not been subscribed as to be profitable they remove them

They have removed ECWA and some other since I bought it ..mfor instance, right now, they were on air and suddenly went off and have been battling to return...it is a hack situation....my voucher remains intact because it is pay as you go...i still have almost 600 naira since they went off air...when they return we continue...my daily spend is 80 naira with thrn..sometimes I reduce intro 40 2hichbis 20 channels of 2 naira each

1 Like

Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by Lightway: 9:39am On Sep 11, 2021
collinometricx:

I created that thread before and the replies were satisfying.. I'm bringing this up again because DSTV and gotv are miking Nigerians even startimes is frustrating...

How is DStv and Gotv milking Nigerians
Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by GreaterFuture(m): 9:42am On Sep 11, 2021
babyfaceafrica:
It's not cheaper than streaming though. You can stream movies, football matches and news anywhere you go
No, it's not cheaper than streaming ofcourse, I also stream too (IPTV).
But talking about Normal TV and decoder, traditional tv, it's a cheap option even compared to what's available abroad.
Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by Nodogragra4me(m): 9:47am On Sep 11, 2021
mu2sa2:
Tstv pay only for the channels you watch is good marketing strategy. But they have been off air completely for the past 2 weeks. I mean completely off air - not a single channel is showing. The excuse this time is, they are migrating Mytv subscribers to Tstv. Two weeks and still counting. And these are people mouthing they want to give Dstv a run for their money!!
Tstv channels lineup is ok but they should resolve technical issues e.g no online subscription renewal, you have to go physically to their office.

Buster, I have never been to any office to subscribe...i remove channels and add and buy vouchers while sitting in front of the television..... Not for one day have I have cause to visit any office for anything apart from the day I bought
Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by Topmaike007(m): 9:49am On Sep 11, 2021
Modrov:

To find out if Kconnect is in your area, check the link below

Kconnect: Where to buy

Type in the name of your area, plus the country, and you get a list of nearest dealers.
please can you give me the total cost for equipment and the subscription
Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by Nobody: 9:52am On Sep 11, 2021
Topmaike007:
please can you give me the total cost for equipment and the subscription

I don't know, as it isn't available in my area. You would have to find out from them

Type in your location for the nearest dealer.
Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by akpunda86: 9:53am On Sep 11, 2021
collinometricx:

I complimented my house with OurTV,Goveement FreeTv ,SatView and TSTV and is serving me wonderfully well as the kids have enuff safe contents to watch,thou discarding OurTv with entry of SatView.OurTv just waste of money.

Why should I have DSTV in my house with all their immoral channels .I'm safe even when I travel cos contents are all safe.
Immorality was aided into this country by this useless South Africans I hate them with passion and don't use anything from dem including MTN .
TSTV not bad hope they will come back stronger and better cos my kids enjoy dr cartoon much.
I don't use Ghana MultiTv not good as lots of uncensored programme air there.
Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by Nodogragra4me(m): 9:56am On Sep 11, 2021
Modrov:

No, it is because TSTV is not offering what would attract people to them

Do you have a TSTV subscription, for example? What are they offering that is different from DSTV and startimes?

Apart from Eufa there is nothing they are not offering and their channels are all HDs

They are presently off air I would have snapped and posted here....they were hacked last week
Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by chii8(f): 9:58am On Sep 11, 2021
Modrov:

I don't have a TSTV subscription. Was just curious.

Okay, although before now, I have been enjoying them.
Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by armadeo(m): 10:08am On Sep 11, 2021
mikkyjay:

I have contacted them and they sent their plans to me by email,
Their plans are expensive and nothing to write home about, imagine 10gb for 7k, thereafter they will throttle you, I even get better plans on my MTN double data.

For now mtn double data is the bomb for me. I Don drop my swift modem sef at least for now.
Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by harbarzzy(m): 10:25am On Sep 11, 2021
collinometricx:

Abiku network

2 Likes

Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by highoctane: 10:29am On Sep 11, 2021
Modrov:

Apart from the news channels, the reason why we pay for DSTV is because DSTV is paying the same channels for the right to air them in Nigeria.

My family owned a FTA (free to air) satellite once. Apart from the news channels , we could not get any of the channels DSTV has on that same satellite.

Dstv is not stealing anything at all. They even drop channels when they cannot pay for them (eg crime and investigation network because the owner of the channel suddenly jacked up the price )

Even Premier league....IT airs only on DSTV here because DSTV owns the package for Nigeria...just as Startimes owns the package for the Bundesliga for Nigeria.
Are CNN, BBC and Aljazeera part of their sold bouquet? I watch these free,
Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by highoctane: 10:31am On Sep 11, 2021
symbianDON:
on what free-to-air satellite can you get discovery channels (ID, Discovery, Food Network, TLC, Discovery Science, Nat Geo etc) in Nigeria?
So you don't know of FTA autoroll and ccam account less than $1?
Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by Nobody: 10:40am On Sep 11, 2021
highoctane:

Are CNN, BBC and Aljazeera part of their sold bouquet? I watch these free,

I guess not, but all the rest are not free. (I don't expect children's channels like Disney,Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, Boomerang, and even CBBC to go for free, or even any of the discovery channels, or religious channels, or sport content, FOR example.)

DSTV spends money buying channels to show them to us. Am sure if they were charging for the news channels...a DSTV package would cost higher than it is now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

#BBNaija: K.Brule Wants To Marry Khloe / Bbnaija: Tacha Reconciles With Thelma After Fight (Photo) / Tboss, Bassey, Bally And Debie-Rise Up For Possible Eviction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.