Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

What Is Happening To TSTV? - TV/Movies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Is Happening To TSTV? (34396 Views)

What Happened To TSTV? / What Happened To TSTV? / DSTV, Startimes, Others Question FG Tax Relief To TStv Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by ivolt: 4:49pm On Sep 11, 2021
Virus99:
Same issue with almost every innovative Nigerian start up: funding wahala !

To take on market leaders like DSTV...one needs a very deep pocket.

And here in Nigeria, you are your own. Banks won't give you money, government doesn't care and we don't have the kinda organized Silicon Valley investors here.

So our innovative young people are easily fvcked by their big competitors.
Could you explain what is innovative about TSTV that makes them deserving of funding?

1 Like

Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by ivolt: 4:51pm On Sep 11, 2021
nairavsdollars:
Dstv is like Dangote..killing all competitors
The competitors are there?
Why aren't you using them?

1 Like

Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by ivolt: 4:51pm On Sep 11, 2021
OGdaddy:
DStv Is blocking their way by giving bribes to the people that matters in the government and these government people will do everything to kill off tstv.

this is one of the reasons why Nigeria can never be a business environment that gives equal opportunity and this is why Entrepreneurship is dead in Nigeria which gives room for unemployment which gives room to crime.
SMH

1 Like

Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by ivolt: 4:58pm On Sep 11, 2021
babyfaceafrica:
It's not cheaper than streaming though. You can stream movies, football matches and news anywhere you go
How about the cost of data?
Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by ivolt: 5:04pm On Sep 11, 2021
Virus99:

In the US, government do provide money for hedge fund managers to invest in startups.
Government absolutely do not dabble in hedge funds neither do they select startups to fund, it is private
pockets that does that.

You are probably confusing government support to certain established cutting edge industry players
for strategic and security reasons.
Nigeria does that too.

But no sensible government will fund the next Amazon competitor.
Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by ivolt: 5:07pm On Sep 11, 2021
osazsky:
y not get a k connect garget that connects to satalite in space...its own by the richest man in d world went to space last month..u pay 6900 a month..u watch everything with ur smart tele..and download the world ..any match u wan watch dey there..internet is better..and it doesn't break like glo or mtn..is wat I am using and it's like magic..if u sub ur phone 2k..pay gotv 3k..sub ur wife 1k that's 6k already and it's not unlimited
It cannot be unlimited.
What is the actual data limit?
Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by mu2sa2: 5:30pm On Sep 11, 2021
Nodogragra4me:

Yes. Right from their website

https://www.buytstvvouchers.com/

Can also use their app to do same..add channels, drop channels and buy vouchers
Thanks
Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by Acidosis(m): 6:15pm On Sep 11, 2021
osazsky:
y not get a k connect garget that connects to satalite in space...its own by the richest man in d world went to space last month..u pay 6900 a month..u watch everything with ur smart tele..and download the world ..any match u wan watch dey there..internet is better..and it doesn't break like glo or mtn..is wat I am using and it's like magic..if u sub ur phone 2k..pay gotv 3k..sub ur wife 1k that's 6k already and it's not unlimited

Damn. Never knew a thing like this exists.

Elon Musk to the world! Btw, the website looks promising. The first catchy thing here is that your connection is straight from the space. Doesn't matter where you live! Omo, MTN and GLO about to die a natural death
Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by kjhova(m): 7:13pm On Sep 11, 2021
Virus99:

In the US, government do provide money for hedge fund managers to invest in startups.

Technically, all the govts does is place portions of their own investment funds with private fund managers as a portfolio. How the hedge funds treat their position is not much of govt concern so long as the returns come.

We do a bit of that here too. The real problem is that we are a poor economy thus the available fund is limited and quite short termed.

1 Like

Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by kjhova(m): 7:14pm On Sep 11, 2021
zigzagluv:
how much did GTB used to fund HiTV ?

My memories don't hold much of the details now. However, I think it was mostly contingent liabilities thou.
Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Sep 11, 2021
zigzagluv:
how much did GTB used to fund HiTV ?

For a more detailed tale of how HiTV failed, the Nairametrics article linked below is very very useful

Corporate story: The rise and fall of HiTV
Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by zigzagluv: 8:57pm On Sep 11, 2021
thank ,
kjhova:

My memories don't hold much of the details now. However, I think it was mostly contingent liabilities thou.
Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by zigzagluv: 9:06pm On Sep 11, 2021
If somebody wants to start a company like Gotv,do you know how much it will cost ?
Modrov:

For a more detailed tale of how HiTV failed, the Nairametrics article linked below is very very useful

Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by zigzagluv: 9:07pm On Sep 11, 2021
If somebody wants to start a company like Gotv,do you know how much it will cost ?
kjhova:

Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by zigzagluv: 9:08pm On Sep 11, 2021
Could not read it , i register and i was ask to pay before i read any articles , if you have it please forward to me
Modrov:

Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Sep 11, 2021
osazsky:
Have you been using this yourself?
Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by kjhova(m): 10:55pm On Sep 11, 2021
zigzagluv:

Absolutely no idea. Totally outside my field of knowledge.
Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by Bunmhi(f): 11:08pm On Sep 11, 2021
eitsei:
really? when did you join Nairaland?
because there was a time more than 3 TSTV posts made front page
I joined last year December
Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by zigzagluv: 11:33pm On Sep 11, 2021
Okay , it has been an interest for me .,...
kjhova:

Absolutely no idea. Totally outside my field of knowledge.
Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by Nobody: 5:13am On Sep 12, 2021
zigzagluv:
Could not read it , i register and i was ask to pay before i read any articles , if you have it please forward to me

Sadly don't have the article.
Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by caandi: 9:46am On Sep 12, 2021
I read a particular news that they want to merge with mytv strong

1 Like

Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by Tzar(m): 12:01pm On Sep 12, 2021
I strongly believe the same scammers brought ACTV. They sold decoders, dishes & subscription… suddenly they said their satellite disappeared from space!
There is no consumer protection in Nigeria to force these people to deliver on their promises to consumers.
NIGERIA IS A BIG SCAM!
Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by eitsei(m): 2:57pm On Sep 12, 2021
Bunmhi:

I joined last year December
oh I see...

I see your location reads osogbo and you have an unanswered email wink
Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by Bunmhi(f): 3:07pm On Sep 12, 2021
eitsei:
oh I see...

I see your location reads osogbo and you have an unanswered email wink
I have answered it
Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by Themandator: 4:00pm On Sep 12, 2021
Tzar:
I strongly believe the same scammers brought ACTV. They sold decoders, dishes & subscription… suddenly they said their satellite disappeared from space!
There is no consumer protection in Nigeria to force these people to deliver on their promises to consumers.
NIGERIA IS A BIG SCAM!

Selling decoders won't make you rich...any other issue could have made that a cTV to fold up...how much is a decoder..something they even subsidize

Tstv is more likely to pick some of those fta channels on mytv, add them to their offering for one naira since it won't be availlable anymore for free to my strong users who would be enamoured by the picture quality they are going to be viewing for free for three months before joining the line up to pay
Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by zigzagluv: 6:15pm On Sep 12, 2021
thanks
Modrov:

Sadly don't have the article.

Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Sep 12, 2021
zigzagluv:
thanks

Sorry, did not know that Nairametrics has joined the paywall geng.

Ah well, money must be made...sigh.
Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by Psoul(m): 10:08pm On Sep 12, 2021
COMPAQ:

What does Dangote have to do with Dstv. If you know economics, you should know that some industries have a huge barrier to entry and this is one of them. To enter this market and dislodge dstv takes time and deep pockets. You must be able to offer similar programming, and cheaper and possible take losses for a while to get subscribers. And this will take meticulous planning and implementation which Nigerian businesses are not known for.

It's like a new telecoms company trying to start from scratch in Nigeria to take on mtn, and Glo and airtel. Its almost impossible

I said you should go and sit down. You don't know what you're talking about.

What you're writing here is one of those theory classes your economic teacher gave you in the class room. When you come out of classroom to the real field, you'll see that there are many factors that will scatter the equilibrium of that classroom theory.

What we are talking about here is practical economics surrounded by politics and fraud.
Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by Tzar(m): 2:04am On Sep 13, 2021
You make it sound as if ACTV & TSTV did consumers a favor by making promises that they cannot deliver on. In saner climes, there would’ve been a class action suit against them. The consumer protection agency would’ve been on their tail & they would have been forced to refund every penny they dubiously collected.
If the amount they charged for decoders was insignificant, they should have given it to their viewers for free. The ONLY reason these kinds of Nigerian companies keep getting away with their fraud is because Nigeria is a jungle without consumer protection.

Themandator:

Selling decoders won't make you rich...any other issue could have made that a cTV to fold up...how much is a decoder..something they even subsidize

Tstv is more likely to pick some of those fta channels on mytv, add them to their offering for one naira since it won't be availlable anymore for free to my strong users who would be enamoured by the picture quality they are going to be viewing for free for three months before joining the line up to pay
Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by Themandator: 10:59am On Sep 13, 2021
Tzar:
You make it sound as if ACTV & TSTV did consumers a favor by making promises that they cannot deliver on. In saner climes, there would’ve been a class action suit against them. The consumer protection agency would’ve been on their tail & they would have been forced to refund every penny they dubiously collected.
If the amount they charged for decoders was insignificant, they should have given it to their viewers for free. The ONLY reason these kinds of Nigerian companies keep getting away with their fraud is because Nigeria is a jungle without consumer protection.

Tstv has not promised anything it couldn't offer.... They were on air when suddenly the signal went off.....

They promised and came into the market with pay per view and that is exactly what they have offered so far

You only pick your choice channels and pay.. You can even pause your subscription.. Delete channels from your list so you don't need to skip over it.. You just delete it

I believe tstv will return.. They just took over MyTv which is kiley to jump their subscriber base by thousands... Winners Chapel alone uses more than 10k strong decoders.. With dunamis on tstv already.. It is a seamless transition for the church members.... Just 2 naira
Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by williams85(m): 11:35am On Sep 13, 2021
Themandator:

They just took over MyTv which is kiley to jump their subscriber base by thousands... Winners Chapel alone uses more than 10k strong decoders.. With dunamis on tstv already.. It is a seamless transition for the church members.... Just 2 naira
Oga mytv is dead and gone! There's no agreement between mytv and tstv..
If there's going to be any one, it's between Strong technology and tstv.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

#BBNaija: K.Brule Wants To Marry Khloe / Tboss, Bassey, Bally And Debie-Rise Up For Possible Eviction / Bbnaija: Tacha Reconciles With Thelma After Fight (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.