Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,900 members, 7,817,661 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:40 PM

What Is Happening To TSTV? - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Is Happening To TSTV? (34391 Views)

What Happened To TSTV? / What Happened To TSTV? / DSTV, Startimes, Others Question FG Tax Relief To TStv Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by Nteogwuija(m): 10:54am On Sep 11, 2021
I don't think they're ready. They've been offline for over two weeks now, no communication with customers. I guess they were tired of having to always make excuses for their dwindling service.

Last time I chatted with them, they said they'd be back by weekend. Today is Saturday and their customer care line isn't reachable. The live chat on the website is turned off.

Very unprofessional.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by AfriqueDuZuid: 10:54am On Sep 11, 2021
TheGift:

Not only in Nigeria & Kenya. Update yourself by reading this article

https://www.howwemadeitinafrica.com/125457-2/125457/?mc_cid=3a6c62934e&mc_eid=5124ffe09d

Informal shopping dominates in those countries unlike in the South which is more formal.

Also some sees South African outlets as upper class while they are entry level in South Africa, etc

1 Like

Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by zigzagluv: 11:07am On Sep 11, 2021
how much do you think , they need
Virus99:
Same issue with almost every innovative Nigerian start up: funding wahala !

To take on market leaders like DSTV...one needs a very deep pocket.

And here in Nigeria, you are your own. Banks won't give you money, government doesn't care and we don't have the kinda organized Silicon Valley investors here.

So our innovative young people are easily fvcked by their big competitors.
Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by vickzie(m): 11:13am On Sep 11, 2021
I don't want to call them frauds but they are cheats, went to their dealer to buy one, they said they are doing upgrade but I shouldn't worry that they'd be back in 2 days, paid #17500, it's almost 10 days, the dish is still occupying space in my room. Why continue selling to customers and lying to them when your service is out.
Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by zigzagluv: 11:14am On Sep 11, 2021
how much did GTB used to fund HiTV ?
kjhova:

You have only described a poor economy with weak market indices which is what Nigeria is.

Bank rates are generally high and their funds tend to be mostly short termed. Therefore, no sensible bank will risk funding a start up with such funds especially against existing market leaders. Remember that GTB tried it with HiTV and got burnt.

If we sincerely want a capitalist system, then govt shouldn't be funding start ups against established market leaders. That will be a controlled economy like China or Russia. Unless we all agree to be like China, govt must stay out of unequal funding of business.

The main reason why a sizeable market like Nigeria is lacking in venture funds is because of the questionable source of private wealth. Those who would have become the pool of our core-investors would rather fly their wealth across to Switzerland or London than risk loosing it to EFCC etc if they keep it here.

Koko is, we are our own enemies by being largely a corrupt society.
Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by texazzpete(m): 11:19am On Sep 11, 2021
nairavsdollars:
Dstv is like Dangote..killing all competitors

You people are gullible sha.
Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by highoctane: 11:21am On Sep 11, 2021
Modrov:

I guess not, but all the rest are not free. (I don't expect children's channels like Disney,Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, Boomerang, and even CBBC to go for free, or even any of the discovery channels, or religious channels, or sport content, FOR example.)

DSTV spends money buying channels to show them to us. Am sure if they were charging for the news channels...a DSTV package would cost higher than it is now.
Go on to pay, whatever you are offered, Seems your a DStv adherent, Seem you never sort for alternative, Seems you will persuade DStv to offer pay per view as in their home country.Adios
Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by texazzpete(m): 11:22am On Sep 11, 2021
WaffenSS:

Since when are DSTV and Startimes in charge of taxes, levies, and licenses?

You mind these people? These threads are always filled with ignorant people.

1 Like

Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by Ourtvng: 11:30am On Sep 11, 2021
This is why you should trust Our TV. We are a reliable decoder that will never throw your family off the bus with outrageous prices. Our ZERO SUBSCRIPTION decoder is the solution to all your worries.
Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by sidonlook: 11:34am On Sep 11, 2021
Where can I buy TSTV in Lagos ?
Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by Nobody: 11:41am On Sep 11, 2021
highoctane:

Go on to pay, whatever you are offered, Seems your a DStv adherent, Seem you never sort for alternative, Seems you will persuade DStv to offer pay per view as in their home country.Adios

You see, I did not dispute the fact that there are free to air channels.

But the ones dstv shows are channels they pay for simply because the owners of the channels don't offer them to dstv for free.

It is the same thing in many other countries too.

Good morning .No free lunch in Freetown

1 Like

Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by mu2sa2: 12:15pm On Sep 11, 2021
Nodogragra4me:

Buster, I have never been to any office to subscribe...i remove channels and add and buy vouchers while sitting in front of the television..... Not for one day have I have cause to visit any office for anything apart from the day I bought
Did you pay online for the vouchers? I ask because they have never introduced it to me at their office.
Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by winsmile: 12:20pm On Sep 11, 2021
osazsky:
y not get a k connect garget that connects to satalite in space...its own by the richest man in d world went to space last month..u pay 6900 a month..u watch everything with ur smart tele..and download the world ..any match u wan watch dey there..internet is better..and it doesn't break like glo or mtn..is wat I am using and it's like magic..if u sub ur phone 2k..pay gotv 3k..sub ur wife 1k that's 6k already and it's not unlimited
pls which brand is the k connect and where can I get it?
Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by Themandator: 12:49pm On Sep 11, 2021
highoctane:

Are CNN, BBC and Aljazeera part of their sold bouquet? I watch these free,

Cnn for now is exclusive to dstv but the others are on Tstv including fox news and i24
Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by Nteogwuija(m): 12:53pm On Sep 11, 2021
mu2sa2:
Did you pay online for the vouchers? I ask because they have never introduced it to me at their office.

There is an app called Tstv Companion on Play Store. That's what you use for their subscription
Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by Nodogragra4me(m): 12:54pm On Sep 11, 2021
mu2sa2:

Yes. Right from their website

https://www.buytstvvouchers.com/

Can also use their app to do same..add channels, drop channels and buy vouchers
Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by Govocrete: 12:56pm On Sep 11, 2021
This is highly appreciated of you, I was one of those that stood by TSTV in the last post. Although, am still a pride lover of indigenous service provide but TSTV should buckle up.
Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by Nodogragra4me(m): 2:02pm On Sep 11, 2021
mu2sa2:

Sellers will always want you to come back to them so they won't introduce anything online to you
Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by collinometricx: 2:17pm On Sep 11, 2021
Mypeople2:
Nothing happened to them .They were simply telling us what they can't do
lmao
Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by Goldiness: 2:25pm On Sep 11, 2021
Never seen nor heard of it before! sad
Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by Psoul(m): 2:28pm On Sep 11, 2021
inoki247:
Why're you people always complaining abt DSTV and GOTv shey dem put knife for ur neck ni dere are free to Air u people can always try nd Startime dey dere...

Dem force all na abi why're you guys always crying up nd down sef this life na choice...

You people saying dey don't av Political will nd DSTv don monopolize the market. We still av dem KweseTv, Startime nd diffrnt free to air why DSTv no block doz ones from running...

Abi when DSTv keeps coming up with different TV shows nd Content are the odas sleeping dey cant also come up with something..

when someone fails let's admit he don fail nd stop looking for excuses...

imagine Glo for how many years still battling with good browsing signal nd MTN dat means business u can hardly see dem fvck up even Airtel we know aw many times wey dem don sell am nd 9mobile sef jus giv it to diz people dem sabi business

You don't know what you're talking about.
You don't understand the business and it's political game.
Take Dangote and Ibeto and Bua for example. If you know the politics behind Dangote getting the upper hands above the other two, you'll not type what u typed here.
Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by Fistop: 2:59pm On Sep 11, 2021
LGC IPTV is the best alternative. Reattach about them, thank me later. www.lgcmedia.com.ng
Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by COMPAQ(m): 3:00pm On Sep 11, 2021
inoki247:
Why're you people always complaining abt DSTV and GOTv shey dem put knife for ur neck ni dere are free to Air u people can always try nd Startime dey dere...

Dem force all na abi why're you guys always crying up nd down sef this life na choice...

You people saying dey don't av Political will nd DSTv don monopolize the market. We still av dem KweseTv, Startime nd diffrnt free to air why DSTv no block doz ones from running...

Abi when DSTv keeps coming up with different TV shows nd Content are the odas sleeping dey cant also come up with something..

imagine Glo for how many years still battling with good browsing signal nd MTN dat means business u can hardly see dem fvck up even Airtel we know aw many times wey dem don sell am nd 9mobile sef jus giv it to diz people dem sabi business...

We Nigerians like to find people to blame for everything that's going wrong in our lives. Dstv in Nigeria is priced like everywhere in Africa. Nigerian prices are even cheaper than some other countries in Africa, yet we moan and moan! And yet its not by force to use dstv.
Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by COMPAQ(m): 3:04pm On Sep 11, 2021
Psoul:

You don't know what you're talking about.
You don't understand the business and it's political game.
Take Dangote and Ibeto and Bua for example. If you know the politics behind Dangote getting the upper hands above the other two, you'll not type what u typed here.

What does Dangote have to do with Dstv. If you know economics, you should know that some industries have a huge barrier to entry and this is one of them. To enter this market and dislodge dstv takes time and deep pockets. You must be able to offer similar programming, and cheaper and possible take losses for a while to get subscribers. And this will take meticulous planning and implementation which Nigerian businesses are not known for.

It's like a new telecoms company trying to start from scratch in Nigeria to take on mtn, and Glo and airtel. Its almost impossible.
Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by COMPAQ(m): 3:07pm On Sep 11, 2021
highoctane:

Where is your evidence dstv offers pay per view in SA? Guy that phone you have is a smart phone. USE It!!
Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by edoairways: 3:18pm On Sep 11, 2021
Winters23:
grin

Missed opportunity
Damidave1124
TSTV came in with a lot of promises they couldn't fulfill.
May God help them bounce back and give DSTV a good competition
That is why
Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by edoairways: 3:20pm On Sep 11, 2021
COMPAQ:

What does Dangote have to do with Dstv. If you know economics, you should know that some industries have a huge barrier to entry and this is one of them. To enter this market and dislodge dstv takes time and deep pockets. You must be able to offer similar programming, and cheaper and possible take losses for a while to get subscribers. And this will take meticulous planning and implementation which Nigerian businesses are not known for.

It's like a new telecoms company trying to start from scratch in Nigeria to take on mtn, and Glo and airtel. Its almost impossible.
@ exactly at the bolded text. It would been possible if TStv Africa came when DStv was at infant stage

1 Like

Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by edoairways: 3:23pm On Sep 11, 2021
inoki247:

imagine Glo for how many years still battling with good browsing signal nd MTN dat means business u can hardly see dem fvck up even Airtel we know aw many times wey dem don sell am nd 9mobile sef jus giv it to diz people dem sabi business...
Even Airtel Nigeria has good internet speed in many towns and cities. I noticed that most of our indigenous companies perform poorly in Nigeria
Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by edoairways: 3:24pm On Sep 11, 2021
Modrov:

You see, I did not dispute the fact that there are free to air channels.

But the ones dstv shows are channels they pay for simply because the owners of the channels don't offer them to dstv for free.

It is the same thing in many other countries too.

Good morning .No free lunch in Freetown
So dove TV, channels TV, Emmanuel TV charges DStv?
Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Sep 11, 2021
edoairways:

So dove TV, channels TV, Emmanuel TV charges DStv?

I won't be surprised if they do.

Modified

According to their FAQ

In compliance with the Nigerian Broadcasting Commission’s Code, which mandates that “a pay Subscription Service shall carry a free-to-air Public Broadcasting Station in its area of coverage free in the public interest”, MultiChoice has made available Nigerian Television Authority International, (NTAi) as the free-to-air channel for its subscribers after expiration of their subscription

Which implies that all the other news channels charge them something.

Also, I doubt those channels allow their content to air , even on the free to air tv channels. Someone is paying under those circumstances...it may not be you directly.
Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by don3e(m): 3:35pm On Sep 11, 2021
collinometricx:
https://www.nairaland.com/4811760/what-happened-tstv

I created that thread before and the replies were satisfying.. I'm bringing this up again because DSTV and gotv are miking Nigerians even startimes is frustrating...
Let them consult me, I got great strategy for them.
Cos' they had failed strategy, that was "Y" they failed even before starting
Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by inoki247: 4:36pm On Sep 11, 2021
COMPAQ:

We Nigerians like to find people to blame for everything that's going wrong in our lives. Dstv in Nigeria is priced like everywhere in Africa. Nigerian prices are even cheaper than some other countries in Africa, yet we moan and moan! And yet its not by force to use dstv.

The countries dey ar cheaper are dey not getting a 24hrs light to run dere devices while in Nigeria u av to run on Diesel 247 abi Diesel wey dem dey use run dere devices na free...

Before people start comparing us with other countries getting it cheaper they should ask them sef are this people getting a constant light or na epileptic light like us...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

#BBNaija: K.Brule Wants To Marry Khloe / Tboss, Bassey, Bally And Debie-Rise Up For Possible Eviction / BBNaija: Miracle Ikechukwu Igbokwe Flying An Airplane As Pilot (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.