Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,295 members, 7,836,294 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

Rate Your State Governor From 1-10 And Give Reasons - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rate Your State Governor From 1-10 And Give Reasons (30390 Views)

The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) / No Governor From South East Showed Up In Court In Solidarity With MNK / Kogi APC Suspends Simon Achuba, Deputy Governor From The Party (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rate Your State Governor From 1-10 And Give Reasons by DissTroyer: 2:27pm On Sep 11, 2021
NkanAkpanika:

Don’t allow that guy fool you cos he is talking in the nonsense already

You silly sycophant on 45,000 naira monthly payroll of the government to spread propaganda.

You have denied you don't work for the government but we all know you are a liar. I have researched about you and you are a pen-for-hire.

I schooled you on your thread in May and you ran, and I have continued. to school you ever since. https://www.nairaland.com/6576367/another-governor-commission-medical-gas#102163655

Don't get me started on your case, loafer. Some of us work hard to earn our money and aren't partisan. You contribute nothing to the development other than filling Facebook with your lies and hanging out at Eni Stores for your little propaganda meetings.

When intellectualism is the focus, stay away sycophant. You know how hard I hit you when your sycophancy is on overdrive so you avoided quoting me but I'd always find you.
Re: Rate Your State Governor From 1-10 And Give Reasons by Dicktionary: 2:28pm On Sep 11, 2021
undecided

My governor is so useless that he don't even have a rating.
Rating him is even an insult to the word "RATING"

Calling his name only, can lead to sexual impotency.

Imagine I visited my state after 5 years of being away, the only changes I noticed were new beer parlours and brothels only.

Cc.
AngryD!ck
Re: Rate Your State Governor From 1-10 And Give Reasons by olamoses75(m): 2:34pm On Sep 11, 2021
danielblessing:
Ogun - 0.1
are you sure there's a governor in Ogun state?

2 Likes

Re: Rate Your State Governor From 1-10 And Give Reasons by jay2smart19(m): 2:44pm On Sep 11, 2021
My governor get erection problem. I go come back when him no de get flat Taya. I wan use him report card cause if I wan follow wetin de ground, we all go begin get erection problem.
Re: Rate Your State Governor From 1-10 And Give Reasons by royalnose: 2:47pm On Sep 11, 2021
TripleOh7:
Oyo state

Seyi Makinde

Rate: 7.5/10

He is trying with infrastructure

He has done well in crisis management.

Education, not so bad.

Environmental, not so good, he can do better.

Social welfare is good. Salaries of public workers are paid on time, pensions and gratuities are being balanced up.

I would have scored him higher, but security is -1, not even 0. Minus one.

He's failed woefully in that aspect and I begin to wonder what is it with PDP and security issues in Oyo state.

Other than that, he's done well and can do better.

You can't really blame him on security matters cos the Police commissioner, other security agencies don't answer to him.

1 Like

Re: Rate Your State Governor From 1-10 And Give Reasons by spirul77: 2:54pm On Sep 11, 2021
Think4Myself:

Cap
Obaseki is trying
Right now basic education is free in Edo state
i laugh you, I am writing from edo state, I was born and raised here, I voted for Obaseki, I have business here, I travel to at least 8 different states every year as a result of a side hustle I do, this year I have been to, ogun, Lagos, kogi, Abuja, nasasarawa state and I haven't been able to cover more states this year because of the pandemic. Now who are you and where are you writing from So I can have a better view of the person in arguing with. If we are to talk about how Obaseki handles education in edo state it will simply be one of the most wicked acts a governor has done to education, all his predecessors built at a least a university or colleges of education but he came and started shutting all of them down, baba slashed AAU monthly subvention fund from 270 million to paltry 45 million naira, same thing he did with iyamho university, he shot down college of education because it was renamed by the former governor even while the students were writing the projects, usen, igueben, all dead. He even passed a law that makes him the sole administrator to all the universities, just few hours after passing that law he brought a guy from uniben and made him the vc at ekpoma, as we speak, apart from the edo State University iyhamo, NO OTHER state owned tertiary institution in edo state is functioning well. Let's talk about the primary school education, when he newly came in his first term baba met a functioning basic education in edo state, he met the red roof revolution, teachers were reevaluated, baba came and started an internet sponsored "edobest", but reality is baba has killed education at all levels in edo, I started primary school in the 90s in edo state and up till before Obaseki became a governor, basic education up till jss3 has always been free, what is the difference now? The difference now is there are no teachers in edo primary and secondary schools again, there are no chair in schools again, 2021 edo has gone back to the extent student now go to school with their personal chairs, parents now gather money to employ teachers at army day secondary school at ramat park, if you pass bye pass at urora, all the govt schools has just a principal and two teachers, new era secondary schools, he came and shut down the new building for no reason, I have never witnessed anything like obaseki since 1990s in my life, lucky igbinedion built colleges of education, ects, he even built hostels at federal poly auchi, but there's no single thing you can attach to this man's name except repainting of stadium, renovation of secretariat building, closed down central hospital built by his predecessor only to hand it over to his friend from delta state, baba, nobody can be worse than this man, nobody, Ortom, yahaya Bello, dapo abiodun, just name them, they are all genius and workaholic compared to Obaseki.
Re: Rate Your State Governor From 1-10 And Give Reasons by Nobody: 3:04pm On Sep 11, 2021
royalnose:

You can't really blame him on security matters cos the Police commissioner, other security agencies don't answer to him.

I understand that.

Still, he's not proactive when it comes to protecting the people or identifying with them.

He hardly visited the victims of Fulani marauders in Ibarapa. The family of late Dr. Aborode and the woman who owned a petrol station come to mind among many others.

But was quick to run there when the Seriki was dislodged by Sunday Igboho.

He seems eager to please the Fulanis, maybe because of a future political aspiration towards Aso rock.

He commands the Amotekun in Oyo state which he could have used judiciously to counter the attacks from Fulanis.

Oyo state is yet to pass into law the anti-grazing bill (I stand to be corrected).

I don't know if it's his fault or that of the state legislature.

How is he going to enforce that law too? He hasn't come out to say.

The man murdered by park members, NURTW in Iwo-road is yet to get justice.

That man has kids (twins, I learned) and a wife in the UK and was working to be able to relocate to meet them there.

We don't know if that case has been swept under the rug because allegedly, a prominent member of his government is being fingered as the arrowhead of the attack.

There was a time when sacks of dismembered corpses were being dumped in various locations across Ibadan city.

Then there's the high-handedness of customs officials that has led to the death of citizens.

I wasn't aware that he called them to order though.

He collects security votes every month, he can't just fold his arms and say security isn't in his hands.

If he puts together some of these monthly security votes, I'm sure he can purchase fairly good drones that'll patrol Oyo state especially the forests and report first-hand security situations.

But, what do I know, right?

1 Like

Re: Rate Your State Governor From 1-10 And Give Reasons by Gist1234(m): 3:07pm On Sep 11, 2021
Governor Nyenso Wike is the worst governor in Nigeria.
Why did I say so.
If we compare Revenue Allocations,IGR,bailout funds and the remittance of 68billion naira by federal government,you will know that there is excess money in Rivers state.
With all this funds what has he done in the State?
Governor Nyenso wike has only been awarding contracts of flyover within Obio and no one in Akpor even though the LGA is called Obio/Akpor.
All the primary and secondary schools in Rivers state are all in shambles.Pupils seat on the ground to learn and in the secondary schools there are no toilet rather students go to the nearest bush to ease their selves and some of them that their houses are close goes to their houses.
Pensioners two days ago protested for non payment of gratuity and pension since 2015 he came into office as the Governor.
There has not been any promotion, conversion and arias of salaries since 2015 he come into power as the Governor.Civil servants in the Local government has not been paid last month salary in Rivers state and today is 11th.
Flood has now taking over Port Harcourt and particularly GRA.
If I continue this write-up we may not be able to read other people's comments.
Verify by asking,you will definitely be told the things I may not have said.
So with this little expositions you will know that Rivers people are on moluwea.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rate Your State Governor From 1-10 And Give Reasons by ItsTutsi(m): 3:10pm On Sep 11, 2021
Lol. Most of the northerners have been banned, while the others left the forum because of discrimination
Awoleesu:
There are 36 states in the federation...
Why do we have a representation of figures revolving round the 20s%?

Where's that guy always flaunting Ganduje's projects here?

Taraba, Bayelsa, Adamawa, Kwara, Nasarawa, Gombe, Katsina, Zamfara, Yobe, Kebbi, Sokoto, Jigawa, Bauchi and Kano no get reps?

Enough ratings have been done on my State Governor. They all fall within an agreeable score... So I have nothing to add sad
Re: Rate Your State Governor From 1-10 And Give Reasons by EmperorTolson: 3:13pm On Sep 11, 2021
sim2003:
Why giving him 2 when he deserves 0? What has he done in 3 yrs? His only achievement is paying salaries

You know we're in public.
That was why I gave him 2

1 Like

Re: Rate Your State Governor From 1-10 And Give Reasons by Yaks02(m): 3:33pm On Sep 11, 2021
Gov. Simon Lalong of plateau state
All in all I'm rating him 4/10 and na just payment of salaries make 4, E suppose be 2/10
Re: Rate Your State Governor From 1-10 And Give Reasons by mbos: 3:36pm On Sep 11, 2021
your rating is not in order

Uzodimma A.K.A supreme court governor of Imo state is rated minus 10 Trillion (-10,000,000,000,000)x 10- negative infinite

absolute nonsense
Re: Rate Your State Governor From 1-10 And Give Reasons by mbos: 3:39pm On Sep 11, 2021
Saxifrage12:
Hope Uzodinma

Education 4/10
Roads 5/10
He did very well in the reconstruction of all roundabouts in Owerri.
Agriculture 2/10
Infrastructure 2/10
Security 4/10

Education 0/10
Roads -1/10
the roads and roundabouts in Owerri where paid 70% by former governor Ihedioha
Agriculture 0/10
Infrastructure 0/10
Security -0/10[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Rate Your State Governor From 1-10 And Give Reasons by Houstency(m): 3:39pm On Sep 11, 2021
Abokiijebu:
I Love my KOGI.10 over 10.

1 Like

Re: Rate Your State Governor From 1-10 And Give Reasons by BellaBliss(f): 3:47pm On Sep 11, 2021
Yahaya Bello Kogi state
Minus10 cheesy
Re: Rate Your State Governor From 1-10 And Give Reasons by poiZon: 3:50pm On Sep 11, 2021
DissTroyer:

Akwa Ibom budget 2019: 670.718 billion naira
-----

Akwa Ibom allocation 2019: 169.79 billion naira

Akwa Ibom IGR 2019: 32 billion naira

Akwa Ibom security vote 2019: 21.6 billion naira

Total income for Akwa Ibom State in 2019:

223.39 billion naira .

Exchange rate (dollar to naira in 2019): #306 to $1

Akwa Ibom State income for 2019:

727.657 million dollars!

Dude, don't get me started.

The Udom Emmanuel administration has underperformed and the only reason he is looking good is because he is compared to other state governors.

We are just a state of 6 million people. With almost $730 million in 2019 alone, a thousand things could have been done.

You and I know this for a fact.
When did akwaibom start recieving dollars from fg?

Security votes.... Is security votes the same for every state?
Or akwaibom own is higher than other states?
Re: Rate Your State Governor From 1-10 And Give Reasons by Gamesmart: 3:50pm On Sep 11, 2021
wese90:
Zero

I bet this is what you got in all your exams in life since you don't know how to answer the questions asked.
Re: Rate Your State Governor From 1-10 And Give Reasons by newoffer: 3:51pm On Sep 11, 2021
U are a witch.
EmperorTolson:
Osun - 2
My governor is dull and I no like am.

Gone are the days of Aregbesola.
The guy is full of action even though he's wicked
Re: Rate Your State Governor From 1-10 And Give Reasons by Nobody: 3:56pm On Sep 11, 2021
gentlegenius:

So you elected him to deal with PDP and host buhari?
did him win? That's the mandate given to him by the court of jurisdiction.
Re: Rate Your State Governor From 1-10 And Give Reasons by poiZon: 4:02pm On Sep 11, 2021
DissTroyer:

Akwa Ibom budget 2019: 670.718 billion naira
-----

Akwa Ibom allocation 2019: 169.79 billion naira

Akwa Ibom IGR 2019: 32 billion naira

Akwa Ibom security vote 2019: 21.6 billion naira

Total income for Akwa Ibom State in 2019:

223.39 billion naira .

Exchange rate (dollar to naira in 2019): #306 to $1

Akwa Ibom State income for 2019:

727.657 million dollars!

Dude, don't get me started.

The Udom Emmanuel administration has underperformed and the only reason he is looking good is because he is compared to other state governors.

We are just a state of 6 million people. With almost $730 million in 2019 alone, a thousand things could have been done.

You and I know this for a fact.
A thousand things have been done and will be done....
U and i know this for fact.
The governor have his own shortfalls, but trying had to discredit him is fallaciously wrong.
Most of the projects r priced in dollars, the exchange rate regime of this admin hasnt help the govt.
U award contract for road at 100million a kilometre at 305naira per dollar, during execution of the job, naira dip to low at 400 per dollar. Cement price too has been fluctuating too affecting the cost of projects. All these affect constructions and projects.
But all in all, we will all score him according to so many indices like exchange rates, price of crude oil, cost of labour,cement ad other materials.
We will also rate him on what he has received as monthly allocation and igr generated compare to what others got.
Re: Rate Your State Governor From 1-10 And Give Reasons by Nobody: 4:03pm On Sep 11, 2021
It's of no use
Re: Rate Your State Governor From 1-10 And Give Reasons by wese90(m): 4:06pm On Sep 11, 2021
Gamesmart:

I bet this is what you got in all your exams in life since you don't know how to answer the questions asked.

I no go school sir
Re: Rate Your State Governor From 1-10 And Give Reasons by spirul77: 4:13pm On Sep 11, 2021
OVB123:
Edo State. -. Godwin Obaseki
Infrastructure (roads). -. 3/10
Health. -. 2/10
Education. -. 4/10
Payment of salary. -. 8/10
Pensions. -. 8/10
Entertainment. -. 2/10
Sports. -. 5/10
obaseki's mission was to repel edo, he came to destroy edo state, there's no aspect where he scores 1, it's zero all the way for Obaseki
Re: Rate Your State Governor From 1-10 And Give Reasons by Karufi: 4:23pm On Sep 11, 2021
Osun 8-10
Re: Rate Your State Governor From 1-10 And Give Reasons by Awoleesu(m): 4:25pm On Sep 11, 2021
ItsTutsi:
Lol. Most of the northerners have been banned, while the others left the forum because of discrimination

shocked
That's serious!
I thought Nairaland rather discriminates more in their favour...

If na Ban, I think not many Nairalanders are immune to this... We all suffered it once or more times intermittently grin

But no wahala sha... E go be.
Re: Rate Your State Governor From 1-10 And Give Reasons by Teejaney88(m): 4:41pm On Sep 11, 2021
Kaduna State
Health= 0
Security= 0
Infrastructure= 4/10
Human capital development= 0
Education= 0
Agriculture= 0
Sports= 0
Entertainment= 0
Social services= 0
Religious bigotry= 10/10
Overall= 2/10
Re: Rate Your State Governor From 1-10 And Give Reasons by SAMTOBIJU(m): 4:48pm On Sep 11, 2021
TripleOh7:
Oyo state

Seyi Makinde

Rate: 7.5/10

He is trying with infrastructure

He has done well in crisis management.

Education, not so bad.

Environmental, not so good, he can do better.

Social welfare is good. Salaries of public workers are paid on time, pensions and gratuities are being balanced up.

I would have scored him higher, but security is -1, not even 0. Minus one.

He's failed woefully in that aspect and I begin to wonder what is it with PDP and security issues in Oyo state.

Other than that, he's done well and can do better.
Very reasonable and unbiased rating. Thumbs up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rate Your State Governor From 1-10 And Give Reasons by SAMTOBIJU(m): 4:50pm On Sep 11, 2021
darealsola:
Seyi Makinde
Oyo state.
8/10
Please let’s give accolades when due.
This guy don try abeg. He’s doing the best so far. Though I know the best is yet to come. Salaries are paid on 25th of each month without delay. Projects and everything is intact. Abeg 4+4=8 let’s do this my people.
Before stupid people wey no dey stay oyo state go dey talk nonsense. We wey we dey here know wetin e dey do
Sincerely speaking, let give Seyi Makinde some credit, he as done well. He is only lacking in security and am sure with time he will improve in that area too.
Re: Rate Your State Governor From 1-10 And Give Reasons by DissTroyer: 4:53pm On Sep 11, 2021
poiZon:

When did akwaibom start recieving dollars from fg?

Security votes.... Is security votes the same for every state?
Or akwaibom own is higher than other states?

Dude, you are an Akwa Ibomite, you should be smarter than this.

The standard world wide is to convert any currency to dollars. Nairaland is Africa's biggest online forum and for those outside the country, naira conversion helps them understand the situation of things.

Total income for Akwa Ibom State in 2019:223.39 billion naira

.Exchange rate (dollar to naira in 2019): #306 to $1.

Akwa Ibom State income for 2019:727.657 million dollars!

Security votes per state: Akwa Ibom State receives is 21.6 billion yearly as security vote.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Security_vote_in_Nigeria

This is commensurate with what's stated officially.

If you can't research and depend on the nonsense put out by the sycophants who control the state government Facebook page then we shouldn't be having this argument.

Let me give you a tip you and most people don't know.

In 2019, the state government budgeted 2.9 billion naira for the 21-storey smart city at Udo Udoma Industrial Avenue, Uyo.

In 2020, they added 7.2 billion naira to the budget.

In 2021, the budget was padded and hidden, and removed from the official Akwa Ibom State Government website.

10.1 billion naira for a 21-storey Skyscraper which hasn't been completed.

Don't get me started on the corruption going on. I have inner circle details you would dream to read or hear. smiley
Re: Rate Your State Governor From 1-10 And Give Reasons by Zagee: 4:58pm On Sep 11, 2021
Wike 5

Obsessed with mega projects at the expense of human capital development(no be say money no dey oh)
Re: Rate Your State Governor From 1-10 And Give Reasons by Teejaney88(m): 5:09pm On Sep 11, 2021
bolaji1023:
And Abubakar Sanni Bello of Niger State
That Niger Governor is the undisputed heavyweight champion of non performance...
Re: Rate Your State Governor From 1-10 And Give Reasons by jacoik(m): 5:16pm On Sep 11, 2021
Decentdave:
Tinubu..bcoz he created Agbero and they are really trying

FTC the second time back to back smiley grin
lolxxxxx hahahaha I swear guy u don mad finish. I bin think say mad people don finish for my Lagos ooooo lolxxxxx

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Dino Melaye's Recall: Voters Refuse To Turn Up (Photos) / Kano Governor-Elect Will Review Sanusi’s Dethronement, Says Kwankwaso / Olorunrinu: 'Nigerians Should Beg Tinubu To Contest 2023 Presidency’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.