Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,892 members, 7,828,154 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business (15276 Views)

I Collected $30m For Helping Gov’t Recover $300m – Afe Babalola / Why Are Men Not Helping Each Other To Become Better Men? / 13 Billionaires Who Started Their Business With Nothing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business by cletz991(m): 11:53am On Sep 11, 2021
OP run
It’s the beginning of the end of that friendship

What are friends for than stabbing each other at the back

Chuky7:
Ever had it bad?

Where they clashes?

Did you hate the person for life?

How much was involved?

What kind of venture did you go into?

1 Like

Re: Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business by cletz991(m): 11:55am On Sep 11, 2021
Really?probably on nitel Data grin plan
Thinktwicemybro:
Before you fund someone business, let them start it from the scratch first.
Re: Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business by GetYourPaypal: 11:56am On Sep 11, 2021
Still making verified Paypal Business account for your business that can send and receive money from anyone in the world.

Hit me up via my signature to order yours.
Re: Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business by Ofadaman(m): 11:56am On Sep 11, 2021
I have,
Doing business with friends and family is not easy, those two and money don't mix well

One advise, if you can't be professional then keep family/ friends and money completely separated but If you must, then get everything properly documented and seek clarity on how profit/risk and responsibilities are shared before you commit money

4 Likes

Re: Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business by Flier: 11:57am On Sep 11, 2021
As for me I don’t have the luck,if I loan out money I won’t get it back
But I borrow money from friends a lot and pay back with interest,Infact more than bank interest

15 Likes

Re: Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business by Warriboy1234567: 11:58am On Sep 11, 2021
kahel289:

Hi, great people of nairaland

moderate pls pardon me for disturbing your comment section

I wanna ask, which brand & spec is fit for video editing & gaming (secondary)

please which do you recommend under N150,000 only.

Thank you guys.

Try web designing

My team can tutor for a sum
Re: Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business by bmdmix11: 11:59am On Sep 11, 2021
Chuky7:
Ever had it bad?

Where they clashes?

How much was involved?

tell us urs first nahh how e happen did u fight are u still together?
Re: Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business by Awise09(m): 11:59am On Sep 11, 2021
kahel289:

Hi, great people of nairaland

moderate pls pardon me for disturbing your comment section

I wanna ask, which brand & spec is fit for video editing & gaming (secondary)

please which do you recommend under N150,000 only.
Get dell PC2.
8GBZ RAM12or16GB HDD500GB and above

Thank you guys.

Re: Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business by Sonnobax15(m): 12:01pm On Sep 11, 2021
undecided
I learnt from what happened to my eldest sister....She left her shop (lumbering) for her friend while she went to assist her husband in his own business....Her friend betrayed the trust she had for her..From my sister's business,she built her own house,and even opened a bigger shop....My sister had to chase her off...

Since then,my sister experience don run enter me....I rather do my business than share or even fund a Nigha man's business, unless say I just feel like dash am the money.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business by BabbanBura(m): 12:03pm On Sep 11, 2021
Just know that whatever you give is gone. Therefore give what you can afford to let go without so much pain - works for me always!

...and once you failed me, never again will I give you sisi!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business by victorVIC1(m): 12:04pm On Sep 11, 2021
I won't try again.

Invested 500k in a friend's business few months later na story story.
Re: Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business by money121(m): 12:06pm On Sep 11, 2021
Chuky7:
Ever had it bad?

Where they clashes?

How much was involved?

Some friends are just ingrate.. if someone assist u
Don't let the person regret it

1 Like

Re: Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business by arthurwillia(m): 12:07pm On Sep 11, 2021
I don’t talk to her again cause she was claiming right that she has tried by refunding 50% of 20k

3 Likes

Re: Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business by VTJN(m): 12:11pm On Sep 11, 2021
paulolee:
my dad made dt mistake n the gee change am for am when profits started raining..
it was a transport business n my dad loaned him 500k back then and they both agreed on 20% interest..
when the business click, the man sideline my dad, change sim, bought more vehicles, built ous in village n rented a new ous in lag..
no be small wahala o, my dad was even begging for his 500k back and the so called friend just gave him 300k and said he would complete it letter n dt was how he finally left for Ghana up till now.
but even with all these, my dad keep saying dt he av forgiven him n keep telling us dt we shouldn't allow the wrongs of that his friend make us lose respect for him if we ever see him n also we shouldn't transfer d sins of that man on his children if we get to meet again...
Your dad is a good man, I love that.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business by kaelz(m): 12:12pm On Sep 11, 2021
So Pathetic but, 300k is even to much. Ahn ahn,
The guy is an ingrate I swear!!!
Crossroad1:
Remember I helped a friend fund a photography business back then and it cost me..
When I needed this guy to help another friend who is not a mutual friend, the guy was short of cash and he needed photo and video for his wedding. So I contacted this my friend although I know he is not gonna do it for free but just reduce price from 900k to 300k cos of me, alaye stopped picking my call and when this my friend called him direct, this is what he said..
**shey because he help me set up business na why he dey follow me talk nonsense abi? Shey na him train me ni?
When I no get money go training center, shey him fund me ni? Oga if you no fit pay 850k,make una Bleep off..
This was recorded..
I just laugh it off..
This is someone I got camera for, drone and screens.
And even gave him some cash because he was just starting up then..
I told myself, if am gonna help people, I will help and do my own for God but that someone will now come and start forcing my hand, na curse the person go collect.

Am versed in photography, do photobook, frame and video, you will still have enough change from that 300k

2 Likes

Re: Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business by bruno30: 12:12pm On Sep 11, 2021
Philipmems po st=105708540:
Don't do it, gave someone $5000 for almost 4 years now not a cent. Although it's nothing compared to what I earn monthly, it's just the principle and the betrayal that hurts.
sir pls help me
i am about to resume for a session now and no fund i really want to buy clippers so i can be using while in school to barb just to support myself..

Check my updates sir i have begged but no is yet to help me

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business by Franzinni: 12:19pm On Sep 11, 2021
Philipmems:
Don't do it, gave someone $5000 for almost 4 years now not a cent. Although it's nothing compared to what I earn monthly, it's just the principle and the betrayal that hurts.
bros Abeg share some principles on how to make that kinda money ...legit tho in a month .... I don read book Taya but if you no sabi how to convert it to income it's just as useless as an unread book.

So if you have some pointers on how to get our there I am assuming you are a businessman... I need guidance from those who are in the know and this goes out to anyone reading this too..
I am into media and software/game design

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business by bruno30: 12:19pm On Sep 11, 2021
Mine was 4 years back i was still processing my admission when a friend of mine was seeking for money for jamb and the deadline was the nextday so i helped him with 5k to sort it out and glory be to God he made it and now while am here seeking for help just to buy clippers and foodstuff he said he doesnt have and these dude gat cash inflow already o, carrying different runs girls ....

Now i need like 5k to sort things out and he said he never get walahi its not funny considering the fact some of the girls he hook up with do charge him up to 10-20k....

Mehn am tired

10 Likes

Re: Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business by Okortor: 12:20pm On Sep 11, 2021
Premium tears.......
Bozz01:
It ended in tears embarassed
Re: Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business by stobery(m): 12:21pm On Sep 11, 2021
Philipmems:
Bro do giveaway na
Re: Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business by MrWondah(m): 12:22pm On Sep 11, 2021
Helped my sister with 500k when I first started making money and didn't know what to do with it. One idiot came and deceived her with marriage. Chopped all her business both profit and capital.
Tried warning her about the guy but she saw me as an enemy.
Now the guy don go marry another babe, I no even got asked her to repay me my money

10 Likes

Re: Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business by Tobechuckwu(m): 12:24pm On Sep 11, 2021
But why is it all about negative friends here.

People should come up with good friends they helped nd stay legit Also na.

There are still lots of good friends out there

9 Likes

Re: Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business by BRATISLAVA: 12:28pm On Sep 11, 2021
Thinktwicemybro:
Before you fund someone business, let them start it from the scratch first.

Simply don't.

Otherwise they will hate you for life so that the story will not be heard and they will not pay back due to the spoilt friendship.
Re: Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business by DSC7: 12:29pm On Sep 11, 2021
I need hotel business investors
Re: Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business by bmdmix11: 12:29pm On Sep 11, 2021
Crossroad1:
Remember I helped a friend fund a photography business back then and it cost me..
When I needed this guy to help another friend who is not a mutual friend, the guy was short of cash and he needed photo and video for his wedding. So I contacted this my friend although I know he is not gonna do it for free but just reduce price from 900k to 300k cos of me, alaye stopped picking my call and when this my friend called him direct, this is what he said..
**shey because he help me set up business na why he dey follow me talk nonsense abi? Shey na him train me ni?
When I no get money go training center, shey him fund me ni? Oga if you no fit pay 850k,make una Bleep off..
This was recorded..
I just laugh it off..
This is someone I got camera for, drone and screens.
And even gave him some cash because he was just starting up then..
I told myself, if am gonna help people, I will help and do my own for God but that someone will now come and start forcing my hand, na curse the person go collect.

Am versed in photography, do photobook, frame and video, you will still have enough change from that 300k
chaiiiii

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Modern Work Place Vs Old Work Place: Why New Firms Are Taking Over / When Your Career Makes Your Colleagues Dislike You / 3 African Tips For Starting Small & Growing Big In Your Business & Career

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.