Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,020 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:15 PM

When Your Career Makes Your Colleagues Dislike You - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / When Your Career Makes Your Colleagues Dislike You (15270 Views)

My Salary Is Way Lower Than My Colleagues, I Am In Pains!! (please Advice) / Night Security My Colleagues Exposing Himself Always While Sleeping / Stop Criticizing Us; Female Police Officer Celebrates Her Colleagues. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Your Career Makes Your Colleagues Dislike You by Hideki(m): 9:22pm On Nov 17, 2021
A childhood friend who works in the financial sector invited my family and I for his child's dedication. I honoured the invitation with my family but I observed that a section of the hall that was reserved for his colleagues was almost empty.

He was also not popular in church hence, only few members were present. The hall was about 20% filled. Thank God I went with my family at least we occupied space.

After the ceremony I asked his wife if he didn't inform his colleagues, she said " they hate him at the office, they hate him because he is in control/audit ". . She also said that " a lady has threatened my life once because, my husband investigated a case involving her and recommended that her services be terminated".

I pondered for a few minutes how I will cope if I were he? Control/Audit officers/Managers can you relate?

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: When Your Career Makes Your Colleagues Dislike You by Ussycool: 9:24pm On Nov 17, 2021
I am not a Audit officer nor a Manager but from the look of things, every job has two side of it. If you are harsh type (tough boss) that lack human sympathy, then 80% of your coleagues will hate you.

The man in question is to be blame, he should have understand that his relationship with people around him matters a lot.
My piece.

63 Likes 8 Shares

Re: When Your Career Makes Your Colleagues Dislike You by padi94(m): 9:50pm On Nov 17, 2021
That's occupational hazards. .

But the guy is funny o,how will you a police invite criminals aNd potential criminals to come and celebrate with you. They obviously won't come

98 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Your Career Makes Your Colleagues Dislike You by Tenshades(m): 10:27pm On Nov 17, 2021
There will always be enmity between an auditor and corrupt workers.

Since he knows the nature of his job, he should try and do his things on low key because those 'colleagues' won't turn up on his high key event.

It's nothing to worry about, though.

137 Likes 12 Shares

Re: When Your Career Makes Your Colleagues Dislike You by emmanuelbrown26: 12:36pm On Nov 18, 2021
Office politics is a Very common thing among the west.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Your Career Makes Your Colleagues Dislike You by SensualMan: 12:36pm On Nov 18, 2021
Well... A cross section of white folks dislike or do I say rather hate my guts. My gumption, My affront. They forget that am from naija, Nwa Anambra, Omo igbo! They hate to see me at work(corporate) with my dreadlocks. Rather they wanna see me in a street corner selling Jamaican CD's. They Say all sorta trash to the executives who are whites... But it still boils down am the best in that department. A very necessary evil.

Cc Oduduwa707

95 Likes 4 Shares

Re: When Your Career Makes Your Colleagues Dislike You by gerrardomendes(m): 12:37pm On Nov 18, 2021
I work with control and audit too. Approach to work matters a lot. Most of my friends are in other units and we flow well. We sit out together and enjoy ourselves. I am more like a father figure than an executioner to them. Though I take a tough stance when I need things to be done. It makes them confide in me and provide me necessary Intel. I deliberately let them know that I see everything they do and I will not hesitate to escalate any wrong doings. They fear me but don't hate me. They like me but don't disregard me. They feel my absence when am not around. They even prefer to talk to me than to talk to their supervisors. We are all employees and there is life after work. Do the right thing but don't kill people in the process. Give them a long arm to improve except the person deliberately wants to perpetuate fraud and put you in trouble. The job has taught me that no one has a permanent seat. Today you may be the oga, tomorrow you may be reporting to someone who was your boy. Policies change, positions get collapsed from time to time, roles are redefined and reassigned. If the tables turn, will you remain relevant in the system? Will other units wholeheartedly absorb you if you are drafted? I have seen people who saw themselves as king Kong beg their former subordinates for favours. Some lost their job and are struggling because nobody wants to associate with the wicked. That teller might be the door to your next level after you leave that job. As a Guy man you need to use your head.

139 Likes 7 Shares

Re: When Your Career Makes Your Colleagues Dislike You by AFvckingAlpha(m): 12:37pm On Nov 18, 2021
Everyone cant like you whether you work in audit or not.

Just be yourself, try to be good and most importantly be happy cos that shit really matters.

I said what I said

16 Likes

Re: When Your Career Makes Your Colleagues Dislike You by Nobody: 12:37pm On Nov 18, 2021
Like QA and testers in the IT sector.
I’m sure those ones too would be receiving death threats from developers.

22 Likes

Re: When Your Career Makes Your Colleagues Dislike You by Nobody: 12:37pm On Nov 18, 2021
Filling Station attendant and Filling station Manager....

These two sets of people can never like each other .

You gerrit.....if you don't gerrit forget about it grin

30 Likes

Re: When Your Career Makes Your Colleagues Dislike You by SavageResponse(m): 12:38pm On Nov 18, 2021
It's usually people who live above their means that don't like internal control guys cos they are usually the ones who have something to hide

7 Likes

Re: When Your Career Makes Your Colleagues Dislike You by candidbabe(f): 12:38pm On Nov 18, 2021
cool cool cool cool
Re: When Your Career Makes Your Colleagues Dislike You by Nilx: 12:38pm On Nov 18, 2021
Do
Re: When Your Career Makes Your Colleagues Dislike You by Lastmankc(m): 12:38pm On Nov 18, 2021
My boss is a very wicked man without human sympathy.He likes listening to gossip.For instance,if his right hand man,go straight to him and tell him many negative things about another person in the same department,he will start hating the person.maybe the man is just like my boss.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Your Career Makes Your Colleagues Dislike You by iruocious: 12:38pm On Nov 18, 2021
Occupational hazard for doing the right thing. It's in every setting but worse when you're in a position to either cover up or expose their wrongs.

4 Likes

Re: When Your Career Makes Your Colleagues Dislike You by Kobicove(m): 12:38pm On Nov 18, 2021
It's a normal thing here.

Nigerians generally do not like auditors or someone who can block loopholes through which they can perpetuate irregularities in their workplace sad

23 Likes

Re: When Your Career Makes Your Colleagues Dislike You by chriskosherbal(m): 12:39pm On Nov 18, 2021
He is doing his job and that's what's matters ...and that's exactly my type of person ...do your JOB..and do it well nu look face.

6 Likes

Re: When Your Career Makes Your Colleagues Dislike You by fineboynl(m): 12:40pm On Nov 18, 2021
Umm that shouldn't be it. Just simply said he is not a social type and hardly flow with people. They are some person who feels they don't need anything to do with people. They withdraw and hardly go to anyway with others.

1 Like

Re: When Your Career Makes Your Colleagues Dislike You by TriCee: 12:40pm On Nov 18, 2021
You can still smile at people while discharging tough duties.

I was at my supervisor's desk to gist about weekend games. After so much laughter, I returned to my seat. Baba called my desk phone and said ''bro check your mail, I sent you a query''!! I off grin

The query was for a previous day event o. He said ''my brother the work continues o''. I just laughed and responded to the query.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: When Your Career Makes Your Colleagues Dislike You by jojo1415: 12:41pm On Nov 18, 2021
Police work grin

1 Like

Re: When Your Career Makes Your Colleagues Dislike You by tetengi4life(m): 12:41pm On Nov 18, 2021
Me and control guys are gud especially those lenient ones. But the harsh ones that sees everyone as thief are always lonely even on the football field we don't play with them because they will use it against you and recommend you to the disciplinary committee.

3 Likes

Re: When Your Career Makes Your Colleagues Dislike You by Klass99(f): 12:42pm On Nov 18, 2021

1 Like

Re: When Your Career Makes Your Colleagues Dislike You by TOPCRUISE(m): 12:42pm On Nov 18, 2021
An auditor will have enemies. Someone once told me that in their office some department heads always protect themselves with juju if the auditor they invite is a no nonsense kind.
There is a story about an auditor in a very big multinational company in Nigeria that resigned immediately after auditing the company's account because a fraud was discovered and a lot of notable departmental heads and Directors were fingered.

20 Likes

Re: When Your Career Makes Your Colleagues Dislike You by Alf137: 12:42pm On Nov 18, 2021
In everything we do intelligent is important. We must always balance things.

Too much in any side is bad.

Except too much sha.

1 Like

Re: When Your Career Makes Your Colleagues Dislike You by deepwater(f): 12:43pm On Nov 18, 2021
the truth is that you yourself shouldnt even like your job.....
it just pays the bills.

imagine the world is designed to provide you with all you need in life, would you still dedicate 12 hours a day to your job for free?
not to mention daily additional 6 hours spent on lagos traffic?
its about the money returns not the career!

but we all pretend we like the career and not the money undecided

by the way to thye guy below me
shopwiser:
you did not shop wiser

3 Likes

Re: When Your Career Makes Your Colleagues Dislike You by shopwiser: 12:44pm On Nov 18, 2021
Any body that deal with this guy will regret.. he is a thief impersonatiolng being an officer plus he is a ritualist.. i barely escaped with my life 2 days ago... Police is on the matter... His guy almost stab me 2 days ago...i was stabbed in my hands inside the same barracks....I tried purchasing his redmi note 9s and i was scammed 43k... Aje... on my ancestors i will hunt you down... You can't escape...you will see...

This is his number.. 09131490899. He calls himself Lieutenant ifeanyi.

The account number he uses to steal is

2040300362 FIRST BANK

BRINGIDE AMBER ROSE

I have pictures of the guy too...

He is a thief... Serious thief

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Your Career Makes Your Colleagues Dislike You by Cholls(m): 12:44pm On Nov 18, 2021
My brother no time for hate

1 Like

Re: When Your Career Makes Your Colleagues Dislike You by PROPEACE: 12:44pm On Nov 18, 2021
Ussycool:
I am not a Audit officer nor a Manager but from the look of things, every job has two side of it. If you are harsh type (tough boss) that lack human sympathy, then 80% of your coleagues will hate you.

The man in question is to be blame, he should have understand that his relationship with people around him matters a lot.
My piece.
This kind of thinking is the reason why your country is still labelled third world! Looking the other way when things are going wrong is exactly what you call "having human sympathy". We admire the developed world from afar but don't know that "lacking human sympathy" is what got them that far! That is why I pity anyone that sacrifice themselves for this country. We always cry wicked leaders! Wicked leaders! But we absolutely deserve them. We are too wicked to Nigeria to be able to stand good leaders, we'd kill them in a week!

21 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Top 8 Money Tips For Salary Earners / Modern Work Place Vs Old Work Place: Why New Firms Are Taking Over / 3 African Tips For Starting Small & Growing Big In Your Business & Career

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.