Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,334 members, 7,815,657 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:07 PM

A 50-year-old Man Impregnated My 16-year-old Sister. - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A 50-year-old Man Impregnated My 16-year-old Sister. (40203 Views)

My 16 Year Old Live-in Maid Is Pregnant For A 20 Year Old Boy / "My Husband Sleeps With My 16-Year-Old Sister, Impregnated Her & Aborted": Woman / A Guy Impregnanted My 16 Years Old Sister. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A 50-year-old Man Impregnated My 16-year-old Sister. by Kobojunkie: 6:05pm On Sep 11, 2021
descarado:

All over the world,at 16, law or no law as long as its by consent. Case dismissed.
Tell that to Northern Nigeria too.
I've seen 14 married off in Enugu state.
Emotions don't win in court

A 16 yrs old should know her right from wrong. Brought up by parents or otherwise.
At 16, you can enter tertiary institution. You can travel outside to school.
You are no longer a child.
Don't know why I'm explaining this.
Every counter has its own laws... and in Nigeria, many of the states have adopted into law the Child Rights act which stipulates that age of consent is 18 . undecided
Re: A 50-year-old Man Impregnated My 16-year-old Sister. by LonelyOcean2: 6:06pm On Sep 11, 2021
Take her to human rights in your side and explain everything to them, they will take the case up and charge the stupid man for it.
Re: A 50-year-old Man Impregnated My 16-year-old Sister. by Kobojunkie: 6:07pm On Sep 11, 2021
smokeyupu:
What if the minor willingly participate?
A minor can't willingly consent where the law removes from the minor that right to consent to the minor. undecided
Re: A 50-year-old Man Impregnated My 16-year-old Sister. by Bornboy4: 6:09pm On Sep 11, 2021
Sad story.
She should have the baby. Abortion is evil. Remember, you must not kill!

But wait oh...If you charge the man for rape and he goes to prison, who will take care of mother and child?

This matter get k-leg sha.
Re: A 50-year-old Man Impregnated My 16-year-old Sister. by descarado: 6:14pm On Sep 11, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Every counter has its own laws... and in Nigeria, many of the states have adopted into law the Child Rights act which stipulates that age of consent is 18 . undecided
Consent rendered it null and void at her age.

I don't actually like it at all but that's what it is.
I have a Polish and British colleagues who has kids at 16 and 17 respectively. I was livid as everybody is now but they laughed it off. It was their choice to have unprotected sex and that settled it.
Heck, actually, some of them don't finish college cos of pregnancy. Ask majority of these oyibo, they will tell you they had their first child while in high school. Had Nigeria not been very discriminative against single mothers, half of Nigerian ladies would have had their first child at 16 or 17.
Reality check.
Re: A 50-year-old Man Impregnated My 16-year-old Sister. by Lifecanbeamazin: 6:14pm On Sep 11, 2021
What happened to your sister is sad. Please kindly ignore those recommending abortion. I agree she's underage and shouldn't be going through this but her life is important.
Probability of Complications down the line is high so let's look out for her safety.

There are lot of people looking to adopt, kindly look into this.

As a grandmother, I would never recommend abortion to any young lady or if my child was the victim. I pray that the good Lord will direct you all.

1 Like

Re: A 50-year-old Man Impregnated My 16-year-old Sister. by Nobody: 6:16pm On Sep 11, 2021
Amotolongbo:
That is bad. cry

Getting the traditional rulers and the police informed on this will be the appropriate step to take.

I am talking my own mind now. If you quote me to say nonsense, thunder will strike you.
“I will take the girl to the hospital and sign to terminate the pregnancy”..

Who is going to take care of the baby, the young innocent girl or the old irresponsible foolish man? Having the baby is an eternal stain on the girl.

God forgive me but I support you
Re: A 50-year-old Man Impregnated My 16-year-old Sister. by LivingTribunal: 6:21pm On Sep 11, 2021
Going to the police will unnecessarily take your time and money, their useless time wasting investigations isn't important right now..

Get her tested to know exactly how old the pregnancy is, then terminate it (THE EARLIER THE BETTER), she will be fine..
Re: A 50-year-old Man Impregnated My 16-year-old Sister. by Kobojunkie: 6:21pm On Sep 11, 2021
descarado:

Consent rendered it null and void at her age.

I don't actually like it at all but that's what it is.
I have a Polish and British colleagues who has kids at 16 and 17 respectively. I was livid as everybody is now but they laughed it off. It was their choice to have unprotected sex and that settled it.
Heck, actually, some of them don't finish college cos of pregnancy. Ask majority of these oyibo, they will tell you they had their first child while in high school. Had Nigeria not been very discriminative against single mothers, half of Nigerian ladies would have had their first child at 16 or 17.
Reality check.
You are told the age of consent is 18 and you are arguing what exactly? undecided

Even if she begs you for it ,the fact that she has not reached age of consent means it is illegal.. undecided
Re: A 50-year-old Man Impregnated My 16-year-old Sister. by munstaqq: 6:26pm On Sep 11, 2021
Blackmiserable:

A villager with very little formal education writing like a Ph.D. holder? Continue, you here, continue making up fabricated stories, we can see through it ooo
Sorry, what will I gain from fabricating stories on a faceless forum?
Or villagers don't deserve a higher education?

I attended a private secondary school and I'm also a university graduate. My mum did all forms of petty business to see me and my brother through University, she died a few months before our graduation. So we have undergone years of formal and self-education.

Please what are you saying?

1 Like

Re: A 50-year-old Man Impregnated My 16-year-old Sister. by Nekky5(f): 6:27pm On Sep 11, 2021
This is very dicey!!! I feel they should give it a deeper thought to avoid further regrets. Everything will be alright at last.
Re: A 50-year-old Man Impregnated My 16-year-old Sister. by Nobody: 6:33pm On Sep 11, 2021
Kobojunkie:
About the Baby, please do not make her abort it at her age. She is too young to have blood on her hands or mind please. She still has a bright future to plan. undecided

She can instead give it up for adoption if she is unwilling to keep it though. Hopefully there are orphanages that are willing to take the baby off her hands you can can and talk to. undecided

Should she decide to keep it, try to explain to her how difficult the road ahead is bound to become and let her make her choice. It is important to let her make her choice please. undecided
I'm sorry but you are very selfish. In cases like this I would advice the girl to remove it. Call it stupid or not. Who would look after the child, who marries single mothers this days. Do you know the guilt? Or would you train the child?
Re: A 50-year-old Man Impregnated My 16-year-old Sister. by Lamanii22(f): 6:35pm On Sep 11, 2021
Valhalaog:
U people did not train her well she should go ahead and marry the old man hahahahahahah

Ode! Be laughing at your misfortune!
Re: A 50-year-old Man Impregnated My 16-year-old Sister. by AutoChick4U(f): 6:41pm On Sep 11, 2021
munstaqq:

Yes sir. But he ran away from home. We are still in search of knowing where he's hiding.
Told take her for an abortion. She doesn't need a baby now considering everything.

Don't mind those telling you not to abort cos they won't contribute to care for d baby o. And birthing at that age aint easy oo
Re: A 50-year-old Man Impregnated My 16-year-old Sister. by akdjr(m): 6:41pm On Sep 11, 2021
Is he as rich as Ned?
munstaqq:
Dear Nairalanders,

With a sad and heavy heart, I'm writing to seek your advice and/or recommendations.

My mum is late. She died 2 years ago and since her demise, everything has turned left for us - her children. We were deserted and left to fend for ourselves by our uncles, aunties, and other relatives that we thought were with us when my mum was alive. My dad is still alive but he only pretends to care about us. I can't even remember the last time he has done something good for any of us. Our school fees, food, everything, were taken care of by my mum.

There is a 50-year-old man who we were later told is our distant relative. His house is a stone's throw away from our house. When I was at home, I used to run errands for him, like going to the market to buy things for him. So it was normal. He used this same method on my sister. He took advantage of my sister's naivety and impregnated her. She's barely 16 and I swear to God, she has not known any man until this bastard did this to her. He even ran away from home and plan to come back when tensions are low.

Note: we left her in the village with my dad and my brother. We, the elderly ones left the village to hustle in the city. We have not settled and we couldn't afford to take them with us.

Please I need your advice. What should be our next line of action? He's 50 and won't marry my sister. There is also a high tendency that he won't even take care of her and the baby.

Please what should we do? We are all we've got and nobody to turn to to help us fight this battle. What should we do?

Thank you.
Re: A 50-year-old Man Impregnated My 16-year-old Sister. by AutoChick4U(f): 6:42pm On Sep 11, 2021
Kobojunkie:
About the Baby, please do not make her abort it at her age. She is too young to have blood on her hands or mind please. She still has a bright future to plan. undecided

She can instead give it up for adoption if she is unwilling to keep it though. Hopefully there are orphanages that are willing to take the baby off her hands you can can and talk to. undecided

Should she decide to keep it, try to explain to her how difficult the road ahead is bound to become and let her make her choice. It is important to let her make her choice please. undecided
Mr be objective with yiur post!! Its still men like you that will doubt her story if she decides to tell you her story.
Re: A 50-year-old Man Impregnated My 16-year-old Sister. by AutoChick4U(f): 6:44pm On Sep 11, 2021
Lifecanbeamazin:
What happened to your sister is sad. Please kindly ignore those recommending abortion. I agree she's underage and shouldn't be going through this but her life is important.
Probability of Complications down the line is high so let's look out for her safety.

There are lot of people looking to adopt, kindly look into this.

As a grandmother, I would never recommend abortion to any young lady or if my child was the victim. I pray that the good Lord will direct you all.
As a mother, a 16 year old birthing ain't beans and she's not even sexually active.

1 Like

Re: A 50-year-old Man Impregnated My 16-year-old Sister. by Gfskw: 6:46pm On Sep 11, 2021
Really
Re: A 50-year-old Man Impregnated My 16-year-old Sister. by AutoChick4U(f): 6:47pm On Sep 11, 2021
MuchAdo:

Are you sure he raped her

Age of consent is 13, you know... cry
Age of consent is 13 for Northerners ryt?? Perv
Re: A 50-year-old Man Impregnated My 16-year-old Sister. by Kobojunkie: 6:49pm On Sep 11, 2021
Sellout:
I'm sorry but you are very selfish. In cases like this I would advice the girl to remove it. Call it stupid or not. Who would look after the child, who marries single mothers this days. Do you know the guilt? Or would you train the child?
If you had bothered to carefully read through that post of mine, you would have seen where I advice her to give the child up to an orphanage or have it adopted. undecided

The guilt of raising the child? She did nothing wrong so why would she feel guilt? undecided

My advice is simply this...let the gal chose her future for herself. Her choice should not be based on your fears and assumptions but on what she wants and desires. undecided
Re: A 50-year-old Man Impregnated My 16-year-old Sister. by Kobojunkie: 6:51pm On Sep 11, 2021
AutoChick4U:
Mr be objective with yiur post!! Its still men like you that will doubt her story if she decides to tell you her story.
Did I doubt her in this instance? So why do you then assume I will doubt her when she comes to tell her story? undecided
Re: A 50-year-old Man Impregnated My 16-year-old Sister. by surrogatesng: 6:54pm On Sep 11, 2021
No
anastasius:

You want to sell the baby abi. Surrogate
Re: A 50-year-old Man Impregnated My 16-year-old Sister. by AutoChick4U(f): 7:13pm On Sep 11, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Did I doubt her in this instance? So why do you then assume I will doubt her when she comes to tell her story? undecided
Her circumstances is pathetic and not healthy for a baby. How will she deal with d postpartum depression? Yea that shii is real

1 Like

Re: A 50-year-old Man Impregnated My 16-year-old Sister. by Kobojunkie: 7:15pm On Sep 11, 2021
AutoChick4U:
Her circumstances is pathetic and not healthy for a baby. How will she deal with d postpartum depression? Yea that shii is real
What circumstance is not healthy for a baby? undecided

Do all women who give birth experience postpartum depression? undecided
Re: A 50-year-old Man Impregnated My 16-year-old Sister. by AutoChick4U(f): 7:15pm On Sep 11, 2021
Kobojunkie:
If you had bothered to carefully read through that post of mine, you would have seen where I advice her to give the child up to an orphanage or have it adopted. undecided

The guilt of raising the child? She did nothing wrong so why would she feel guilt? undecided

My advice is simply this...let the gal chose her future for herself. Her choice should not be based on your fears and assumptions but on what she wants and desires. undecided
Did she choose to raise a baby? Sapa dey and you talking about baby. Her mom ain't alive, relatives ain't even helping so how will d 16 year old survive with a baby
Re: A 50-year-old Man Impregnated My 16-year-old Sister. by AutoChick4U(f): 7:18pm On Sep 11, 2021
Kobojunkie:
What circumstance is not healthy for a baby? undecided

Do all women who give birth experience postpartum depression? undecided
You don't know?

Oya ask the op for account number to pay for prenatal care
Re: A 50-year-old Man Impregnated My 16-year-old Sister. by AutoChick4U(f): 7:19pm On Sep 11, 2021
Bornboy4:
Sad story.
She should have the baby. Abortion is evil. Remember, you must not kill!

But wait oh...If you charge the man for rape and he goes to prison, who will take care of mother and child?

This matter get k-leg sha.
Pls collect d op account number so they can buy baby clothes, food and diapers
Re: A 50-year-old Man Impregnated My 16-year-old Sister. by Kobojunkie: 7:19pm On Sep 11, 2021
AutoChick4U:
Did she choose to raise a baby? Sapa dey and you talking about baby. Her mom ain't alive, relatives ain't even helping so how will d 16 year old survive with a baby
The choice is hers to make and her choice ought to be respected as this is her life. undecided

Her mother does not first need to be alive for her to choose whether to keep it or not. And how she will survive, she can plan that as she goes as well. It all depends on what she is willing to do to see this through. And should she decide it is too much. There are orphanages that can accept the child from her.. undecided
Re: A 50-year-old Man Impregnated My 16-year-old Sister. by Kobojunkie: 7:20pm On Sep 11, 2021
AutoChick4U:
You don't know?
Oya ask the op for account number to pay for prenatal care
Why? undecided

Let this gal chose her own path. Don't start making it about you and your misgivings. undecided
Re: A 50-year-old Man Impregnated My 16-year-old Sister. by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 7:20pm On Sep 11, 2021
Kobojunkie:

Make which choice? Feed a baby at 16? Will you help her?
Re: A 50-year-old Man Impregnated My 16-year-old Sister. by AutoChick4U(f): 7:21pm On Sep 11, 2021
Kuriosmynd:
Most guys telling her to keep the baby are stupid...it's as if they can't read and understand the situation of penury they are going through
Sentiments dey blind Nigerians most times
Re: A 50-year-old Man Impregnated My 16-year-old Sister. by Kobojunkie: 7:22pm On Sep 11, 2021
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

Make which choice? Feed a baby at 16? Will you help her?
Let the gal choose her own path in life. That is how you let them become responsible beings in life... you Let them chose for themselves and you respect them no matter what. undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

My Mother Rejected My Fiancee After Dating For 9 Years / Bayelsa Woman Gives Birth To Sextuplets After 6 Years Of Having Twins (Photos) / Update On Woman Who Slapped Her Husband At LUTH

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.