Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,957 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:49 AM

Which One Comes First, When Choosing A Life Partner; Prayer Or Friendship. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which One Comes First, When Choosing A Life Partner; Prayer Or Friendship. (846 Views)

Should Religion Matter Above Love In Choosing A Life Partner? / Importune Prayer Or Vain Repetitions? / Does Prayer Or "Juju" Influence Sports ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which One Comes First, When Choosing A Life Partner; Prayer Or Friendship. by Textra(m): 10:32pm On Oct 05, 2021
I really want to know what you guys think, if I see a lady I like. Should I start to pray about it before approaching her for friendship based on my revelation, or I should approach her, build friendship, then seek the face of God.

Please, Godly view and comment only. If you belong to the street, keep your comments.
Re: Which One Comes First, When Choosing A Life Partner; Prayer Or Friendship. by Crossroad1(m): 10:38pm On Oct 05, 2021
Na prayer o..

1 Like

Re: Which One Comes First, When Choosing A Life Partner; Prayer Or Friendship. by Osobi32(m): 10:41pm On Oct 05, 2021
Friendship first ok
Re: Which One Comes First, When Choosing A Life Partner; Prayer Or Friendship. by Textra(m): 10:43pm On Oct 05, 2021
Two different opinions already... Confusing my confusion.
Re: Which One Comes First, When Choosing A Life Partner; Prayer Or Friendship. by Treasure17(m): 10:44pm On Oct 05, 2021
Textra:
I really want to know what you guys think, if I see a lady I like. Should I start to pray about it before approaching her for friendship based on my revelation, or I should approach her, build friendship, then seek the face of God.

Please, Godly view and comment only. If you belong to the street, keep your comments.
Prayer first before you delve into anything. So that he can guide and direct you.

2 Likes

Re: Which One Comes First, When Choosing A Life Partner; Prayer Or Friendship. by tripplephi: 10:45pm On Oct 05, 2021
Textra:

Bro... I have to remind you, HOW DID JESUS CHOOSE HIS DISCIPLES?? did he see them first then went to pray... or did he pray firsT?

Your wife is your DISCIPLE o. Else how will the children obey and follow you, if your wife is competing headship of the home with you.

So follow master Jesus, GO AND PRAY before you LIKE a lady.

When you have started friendship and have fallen in LOVE, before you pray, YOUR FLESH WILL SPEAK TO YOU AS GOD and even GIVE YOU A DREAM.... then you will enter into BLUNDER and say it is God who put you in trouble. The flesh is a betrayer oh.

So sir, prayerfully study yourself more than you study relationship books.... so that in the place of prayer you can know what is BEST for your future, your destiny assignment.... AND be strong enough to choose based on DESTINY and not based on BODY SHAPE, FLUENT ENGLISH, SKIN, OR EVEN MONEY.... all these things can be gotten by natural means, BUT CHARACTER AND VISION can not be gotten or taught by natural means. So be PRAYERFUL, know yourself first, and know where God is leading you to, your glorious destiny....... the knowledge of these will FILTER for you who can be your wife and must NEVER be your wife even if they are cute and tongue talking believers.

4 Likes

Re: Which One Comes First, When Choosing A Life Partner; Prayer Or Friendship. by Textra(m): 10:55pm On Oct 05, 2021
tripplephi:

Bro... I have to remind you, HOW DID JESUS CHOOSE HIS DISCIPLES?? did he see them first then went to pray... or did he pray firsT?

Your wife is your DISCIPLE o. Else how will the children obey and follow you, if your wife is competing headship of the home with you.

So follow master Jesus, GO AND PRAY before you LIKE a lady.

When you have started friendship and have fallen in LOVE, before you pray, YOUR FLESH WILL SPEAK TO YOU AS GOD and even GIVE YOU A DREAM.... then you will enter into BLUNDER and say it is God who put you in trouble. The flesh is a betrayer oh.

So sir, prayerfully study yourself more than you study relationship books.... so that in the place of prayer you can know what is BEST for your future, your destiny assignment.... AND be strong enough to choose based on DESTINY and not based on BODY SHAPE, FLUENT ENGLISH, SKIN, OR EVEN MONEY.... all these things can be gotten by natural means, BUT CHARACTER AND VISION can not be gotten or taught by natural means. So be PRAYERFUL, know yourself first, and know where God is leading you to, your glorious destiny....... the knowledge of these will FILTER for you who can be your wife and must NEVER be your wife even if they are cute and tongue talking believers.

Amazing... Thanks so much.
Re: Which One Comes First, When Choosing A Life Partner; Prayer Or Friendship. by Nebes: 1:51am On Oct 06, 2021
In the place of prayer you build the capacity to love Your love-interest.
Re: Which One Comes First, When Choosing A Life Partner; Prayer Or Friendship. by Kobojunkie: 4:34am On Oct 06, 2021
Textra:

Based on what revelation? undecided
Re: Which One Comes First, When Choosing A Life Partner; Prayer Or Friendship. by Dtruthspeaker: 6:00am On Oct 06, 2021
Textra:

If you did not know the answer to this question then you do not deserve to have a wife or relationship.

You are still going to blow it up and then you would run here to say "God does not answer prayers"
Re: Which One Comes First, When Choosing A Life Partner; Prayer Or Friendship. by Dtruthspeaker: 6:01am On Oct 06, 2021
Textra:

If you did not know the answer to this question then you do not deserve to have a wife or relationship.

You are still going to blow it up and then you would run here to say "God does not answer prayers" or some other filth.
Re: Which One Comes First, When Choosing A Life Partner; Prayer Or Friendship. by Textra(m): 8:25am On Oct 06, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

You are still going to blow it up and then you would run here to say "God does not answer prayers" or some other filth.

Shift to one side brother.

How did you know I am not even married yet?

Do you think all Christian share the same level of faith or growth.

The assumptions and high expectations are why most Christian keep wallowing in sin and error.
Re: Which One Comes First, When Choosing A Life Partner; Prayer Or Friendship. by Textra(m): 8:26am On Oct 06, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Based on what revelation? undecided

If she is for me or not?
Revelation: Dreams, Vision, prophecy.
Re: Which One Comes First, When Choosing A Life Partner; Prayer Or Friendship. by Dtruthspeaker: 8:35am On Oct 06, 2021
Textra:
...How did you know I am not even married yet?

If you are married then how can you be seeking a "Life Partner"?

Textra:
Do you think all Christian share the same level of faith or growth.

The assumptions and high expectations are why most Christian keep wallowing in sin and error.

I am aware of growth rate and pace and your question is a clear indication of the growth you have.

So I was only pointing out that Life Partner can not come in unless you have already settled so many foundations including this question you asked, whether you are Follow Christ or not.
No quarrel.
Re: Which One Comes First, When Choosing A Life Partner; Prayer Or Friendship. by Textra(m): 8:46am On Oct 06, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

If you are married then how can you be seeking a "Life Partner"?

I am aware of growth rate and pace and your question is a clear indication of the growth you have.

So I was only pointing out that Life Partner can not come in unless you have already settled so many foundations including this question you asked, whether you are Follow Christ or not.
No quarrel.

As per marriage question.

I am asking this question because we wee having a debate in my Church as to which comes first, last night I was with the youth, and everybody was sharing their opinion, but it all varies. Some cite clear instances and case study. So it is hard to throw any opinion out.

Peace. Thanks for sharing your opinion too.
Re: Which One Comes First, When Choosing A Life Partner; Prayer Or Friendship. by Dtruthspeaker: 8:52am On Oct 06, 2021
Textra:

As per marriage question.

I am asking this question because we wee having a debate in my Church as to which comes first, last night I was with the youth, and everybody was sharing their opinion, but it all varies. Some cite clear instances and case study. So it is hard to throw any opinion out.

Peace. Thanks for sharing your opinion too.

Ok
Re: Which One Comes First, When Choosing A Life Partner; Prayer Or Friendship. by Kobojunkie: 1:17pm On Oct 06, 2021
tripplephi:

If you are head over your wife, then it is impossible for you and your wife to belong to Jesus Christ- Matthew 23 vs 8 - 10 undecided

A curse made husband to rule over his wife - Genesis 3 vs 22 - and God sent Jesus Christ to redeem man and woman from that curse in what you call Salvation from the curse - John 3 vs 16-21. Everyone who lives in submission to the curse will, like Adam, never see God - Heaven. undecided

Jesus Christ called all His followers to becoming His disciples and His alone. He installed Himself as Master/Head over them all, without exclusion. He said your marriages are of this world - Luke 20 vs 34 - 36 - meaning that as far as His Kingdom is concerned there are no special privileges for those who chose to marry, neither are there a different set of rules that those married will be judged by as everyone is, as individuals, expected to do the same work which the Master has set out for them to do. undecided
Re: Which One Comes First, When Choosing A Life Partner; Prayer Or Friendship. by Textra(m): 1:34pm On Oct 06, 2021
Kobojunkie:
If you are head over your wife, then it is impossible for you and your wife to belong to Jesus Christ- Matthew 23 vs 8 - 10 undecided

A curse made husband to rule over his wife - Genesis 3 vs 22 - and God sent Jesus Christ to redeem man and woman from that curse in what you call Salvation from the curse - John 3 vs 16-21. Everyone who lives in submission to the curse will, like Adam, never see God - Heaven. undecided

Jesus Christ called all His followers to becoming His disciples and His alone. He installed Himself as Master/Head over them all, without exclusion. He said your marriages are of this world - Luke 20 vs 34 - 36 - meaning that as far as His Kingdom is concerned there are no special privileges for those who chose to marry, neither are there a different set of rules that those married will be judged by as everyone is, as individuals, expected to do the same work which the Master has set out for them to do. undecided

What then, do you call the position of a man and that of a woman in a family?
Re: Which One Comes First, When Choosing A Life Partner; Prayer Or Friendship. by Kobojunkie: 1:41pm On Oct 06, 2021
Textra:
What then, do you call the position of a man and that of a woman in a family?
Jesus Christ is the only position that exists over those who belong to Him , man or woman. He came to return mankind - those who will choose to obey Him - to Son of God status , as it was before the curse, before Adam and Eve sinned. undecided
Re: Which One Comes First, When Choosing A Life Partner; Prayer Or Friendship. by Kobojunkie: 3:21pm On Oct 06, 2021
Textra:
If she is for me or not?
Revelation: Dreams, Vision, prophecy.
God's Law where married is concerned is as written in Matthew 19 vs 1 -15 to us. undecided

Seeing people you like in dream happens to even unbelievers as well.... there are accounts by atheists who had what you call visions of the women/men they ended up marrying as well. But it seems your pastors have convinced you that such things happen only to church people. So, I am not sure what else I can add here that will help you get that lie out of your head. undecided

If you trust God, then seek first the Kingdom of God, and His righteous, and all these things will be added onto you. undecided
Re: Which One Comes First, When Choosing A Life Partner; Prayer Or Friendship. by Dangerousboy(m): 3:46pm On Oct 06, 2021
The Bible says that he that finds a 'wife'. Before there is a finding there must be a searching. Now you don't go about searching in the market or wherever. Before you even pray for one, you must know what you want. Not every woman is a wife.

So, you know what you want, and you prayerfully search. Prayer brings God into the equation. You pray he should lead you.

Now concerning friendship, a lot of people will say marry your friend or best friend, and there is a truth in that. but someone can be a good friend to you, but a bad spouse for you. So friendship does not guarantee a successful marriage.

When you know what you want and you pray, God will lead you to the person suitable for you. Now there are many persons suitable for you, but nevertheless he will lead you to one. You will discover the person anywhere e.g market, Church, party, school, e.t.c.

And please when your praying, pray for a woman who will be submissive to you. And for the women, pray for a man who will love you.
As you can see, I took time to counsel you and it's as if am writing my devotional, because I want you and everyone who read and would read this to make the right choices. Your blessed.

1 Like

Re: Which One Comes First, When Choosing A Life Partner; Prayer Or Friendship. by Textra(m): 5:16pm On Oct 06, 2021
Kobojunkie:
God's Law where married is concerned is as written in Matthew 19 vs 1 -15 to us. undecided

Seeing people you like in dream happens to even unbelievers as well.... there are accounts by atheists who had what you call visions of the women/men they ended up marrying as well. But it seems your pastors have convinced you that such things happen only to church people. So, I am not sure what else I can add here that will help you get that lie out of your head. undecided

If you trust God, then seek first the Kingdom of God, and His righteous, and all these things will be added onto you. undecided

So, how do I know the divine partner?
Kindly, share your personal experience here.
Re: Which One Comes First, When Choosing A Life Partner; Prayer Or Friendship. by Kobojunkie: 5:26pm On Oct 06, 2021
Textra:

So, how do I know the divine partner?
Kindly, share your personal experience here.
There is no such thing as a "divine" partner. undecided

Jesus Christ was more than clear on this when He taught in Matthew 19 vs 1 - 15 that marriage happens when a man leaves his family and cleaves to his wife - the two become one. He also mentioned that marriage is a choice individuals make of their own, a choice which is not of His Kingdom - Luke 20 vs 34 - 36 - your marriages are of this world and not of the Kingdom of God hence not divinely sourced. undecided

Individuals can ask God to guide them in making a match but at the end of the day, you get to pick your match, it seems. undecided
Re: Which One Comes First, When Choosing A Life Partner; Prayer Or Friendship. by Textra(m): 8:28pm On Oct 06, 2021
Kobojunkie:
There is no such thing as a "divine" partner. undecided

Jesus Christ was more than clear on this when He taught in Matthew 19 vs 1 - 15 that marriage happens when a man leaves his family and cleaves to his wife - the two become one. He also mentioned that marriage is a choice individuals make of their own, a choice which is not of His Kingdom - Luke 20 vs 34 - 36 - your marriages are of this world and not of the Kingdom of God hence not divinely sourced. undecided

Individuals can ask God to guide them in making a match but at the end of the day, you get to pick your match, it seems. undecided

I will like to know more about your view on other things... Do you write book or articles?
Re: Which One Comes First, When Choosing A Life Partner; Prayer Or Friendship. by Kobojunkie: 8:44pm On Oct 06, 2021
Textra:
I will like to know more about your view on other things... Do you write book or articles?
What you call my view is what was taught us by Jesus Christ as written right there in the 4 Gospels. undecided

Read the passages I referenced to learn what Jesus Christ taught us of laws that pertain to marriage in Kingdom of God. undecided

Matthew 5 vs 27 - 32 addresses divorce
Matthew 19 vs 1 - 15 explains the definition of marriage, highlights a case for divorce, and indicates that God Himself created marriage as a choice to be made by individuals.
Luke 20 vs 34 - 36 explains that our marriage begin here and end here in this world and so hold no special place in the Kingdom of God

(1) (Reply)

Why Did Jesus Not Practice His Own Teachings? / Does God Really Exist And If He Does Why Does He Allow For Evil To Happen? / This Is The Remains Of Deborah Who Was Killed And Burnt By Muslims In Sokoto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.