Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,828 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

Reno Omokri: I Never Realised What Car Horns Were Meant For Until I Went To Uni - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Reno Omokri: I Never Realised What Car Horns Were Meant For Until I Went To Uni (35245 Views)

I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car / What Car Can My Mum Buy With 1million Naira Budget? / What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 110k Per Month Maintain? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reno Omokri: I Never Realised What Car Horns Were Meant For Until I Went To Uni by Originakalokalo(m): 5:34am On Sep 12, 2021
Ok.

Are you in any form of bondage?

Come to Jesus for deliverance and salvation.
Jesus loves you.

He is ready to take your sins away no matter how terrible they are.

Accept him as your Lord and saviour he will give you the grace to live above sin.

Death comes to us all.

Run for your life. Run to Jesus.

In him is eternal life.

Don't discover the truth when you have already crossed over in death.
Re: Reno Omokri: I Never Realised What Car Horns Were Meant For Until I Went To Uni by seunt4ut(m): 5:45am On Sep 12, 2021
He’s saying rubbish. Car horn is meant to be used as a Warning ⚠️ Both for the car and road user.

8 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: I Never Realised What Car Horns Were Meant For Until I Went To Uni by UnimkeAk(m): 5:49am On Sep 12, 2021
Re: Reno Omokri: I Never Realised What Car Horns Were Meant For Until I Went To Uni by Cubby22: 5:51am On Sep 12, 2021
Nigeria himself no be emergency, ah Reno abeg Chill
Re: Reno Omokri: I Never Realised What Car Horns Were Meant For Until I Went To Uni by wale0911: 5:57am On Sep 12, 2021
Car horns are used indiscriminately in Europe too.
I guess his lack of knowledge about the use of car horn could still be expressed without having to shade Nigerians.

8 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: I Never Realised What Car Horns Were Meant For Until I Went To Uni by bishop4life(m): 6:06am On Sep 12, 2021
Ogeneigbo1:
I realised car horns makes most Nigerians drive recklessly.
One day I went for a function ,my car horn was very Okay.. immediately after the function, I entered the car only to find out the horn is dead .

I thought of how to drive on the road with all the bike , Keke and other road users,I felt like parking the car,on a second thought, I zoom off.

I couldn't imagine that I drove this car without horn extra carefully back home...
I drove it again without horn for two days because my schedule was very tight to go see an electrician.

I never believed I could drive so carefully..

After the incident, I concluded that we abuse car horn in Nigeria.

Sorry I have to quote you but this is actually true. Horns are one of the things I first check on before I hit the road.

But then, here in Nigeria we like noise too. Sometimes I go crazy thinking how people get so comfortable with so many speakers from the churches, mosques, many cars with advert jingles, generator sets, car horns, and even loud speakers from bars and clubs?

Like how the f..k are we comfortable with all these?

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: I Never Realised What Car Horns Were Meant For Until I Went To Uni by Joetttimua1811(m): 6:09am On Sep 12, 2021
WibusJaga:

Here, the louder the horn the better. So you can intimidate others wella.
Even some bike people connect trailer horns on their bikes. When you hear the horn, you will almost enter bush only to turn & see ordinary bike.

����� grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Reno Omokri: I Never Realised What Car Horns Were Meant For Until I Went To Uni by godlessmind: 6:12am On Sep 12, 2021
Mokason288:
Something that BASKET MOUTH and so many other comedians have used to joke a very very long time ago

Reno you had to go to a university in England yesterday to find this out undecided

This is not news.... Reno is just trying to stay relevant

Reno is one man that love seeking attention

5 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: I Never Realised What Car Horns Were Meant For Until I Went To Uni by Achillesglacia(m): 6:15am On Sep 12, 2021
pill
Re: Reno Omokri: I Never Realised What Car Horns Were Meant For Until I Went To Uni by Vinnie2000(m): 6:23am On Sep 12, 2021
Angrygoat:
A car without horn on naija Road,na sure death. Broken or missing Side mirror gam sef na big risk,talkless of no horn. Naija wey be say diff tins dey enter road,from cows,to keke,to yahoo boys who are drunk and speed into ditch, aboki with dia one corner kind of okada dangerous riding,police nko,army convoy. Na u know, if u like no press horn for naija. Na that horn wey u no press go kill u las las.

As in Ehn!!
If you are driving in a Close quarter and wants to bend into a Main street/road, won't you Horn?

So many instances..

I can't understand dis Reno Talk!! Maybe just trying to sound Smart!
He should be smart o. Too many talku talku makes one to be Foolish!.. sad

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: I Never Realised What Car Horns Were Meant For Until I Went To Uni by slowice(m): 6:23am On Sep 12, 2021
But there's 247 emergency in Nigeria na? Anything can happen at anytime
Re: Reno Omokri: I Never Realised What Car Horns Were Meant For Until I Went To Uni by Caseless: 6:23am On Sep 12, 2021
Delphi:
Very correct!. In Europe, one can stay for 6 months without hearing the bleep of a vehicle's horn. The only horn/noise one will hear is siren from ambulances on medical evacuation.
you don't honk horn to alert pedestrians or road users unaware of their environment?
Re: Reno Omokri: I Never Realised What Car Horns Were Meant For Until I Went To Uni by Ekeeyhandsome(m): 6:24am On Sep 12, 2021
I realized that the moment I left naija..
And sirens too..
Re: Reno Omokri: I Never Realised What Car Horns Were Meant For Until I Went To Uni by TheOgaBoss: 6:25am On Sep 12, 2021
Or11:
You are told this in driving school. It's not just for emergency but to be used in a life threatening situation
what is the difference between emergency and life threatening situations?

5 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: I Never Realised What Car Horns Were Meant For Until I Went To Uni by Ogaga87(m): 6:27am On Sep 12, 2021
mu2sa2:
The govt should order horns to be disabled in all vehicles. That will help reduce noise pollution considerably.

I disagree with you completely.. I live in Lagos and drive also.. Our reckless driving is number one in the world.. If everything is well organised then govt can now look into that..

A country where people sleep at traffic light or those that get carried away because of too much thinking and they are about to hit you, you must call their attention with something and for me in Lagos, I don't joke with the horn.. Behind some trailer you will see HORN BEFORE OVERTAKE

4 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: I Never Realised What Car Horns Were Meant For Until I Went To Uni by Exjoker(m): 6:27am On Sep 12, 2021
Reno is talking the rubbish... Why should we Unlearn the many functions of car horn we have discovered and are using it comfortably

Let us look at the mobile phone, it was initially made purposely for calls but now phone have evolved beyond anyone's imagination. Should we now unlearn this new functions and just stick making calls only??

Even in the UK car horns are been used to clear roads and to greet also. It is also use to call people's attention etc...

2 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: I Never Realised What Car Horns Were Meant For Until I Went To Uni by Rubbiish(m): 6:41am On Sep 12, 2021
mu2sa2:
The govt should order horns to be disabled in all vehicles. That will help reduce noise pollution considerably.
Then expect to see increase in accidents on our roads!

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: I Never Realised What Car Horns Were Meant For Until I Went To Uni by elampiro(m): 6:44am On Sep 12, 2021
centoke30:
Is he okay? So if I get to the gate I should come down from my car to knock on the gate? Or if keke napep is driving sluggishly in front, I should wind down and call him to move over to the slow lane? Please I'm not getting what he meant ooo

I live in Europe. There is no car horn hear. Car horn is pollution. Life expectancy in Nigeria is low due to our way of living- unnecessary stress we invite. I can drive in a month without using a horn. But way back in Nigeria, horn was part of my driving
Re: Reno Omokri: I Never Realised What Car Horns Were Meant For Until I Went To Uni by bouncing3: 6:46am On Sep 12, 2021
Or11:
You are told this in driving school. It's not just for emergency but to be used in a life threatening situation
O yes ...like Used for calling Galla in traffic grin grin

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: I Never Realised What Car Horns Were Meant For Until I Went To Uni by BillionKnights: 6:48am On Sep 12, 2021
Or11:
What's the difference bro
Re: Reno Omokri: I Never Realised What Car Horns Were Meant For Until I Went To Uni by dragunov: 6:49am On Sep 12, 2021
saphiere:
I never realised what car horns were meant for until I went to university in England – Reno Omokri

A Nigerian human rights activist and lawyer, Bemigho Reno Omokri has revealed when he realised what car horns are meant for, WonderTV Media reports.

Posting on his Instagram, Reno disclosed that he never knew that car horns are meant for emergencies until he went to a university in England.
He said when he was in Nigeria, he thought a car horn was meant to make the car in front of the driver move faster or it was meant to call the gateman to open the gate.

Reno stated that, in Nigeria, people use car horns to greet.

Read his post below:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTrhLCRD87v/

Look, uncle Renal Omiokro must you always post on SM?
Re: Reno Omokri: I Never Realised What Car Horns Were Meant For Until I Went To Uni by Busymike: 6:50am On Sep 12, 2021
Reno my man.... Get it for 1k
Re: Reno Omokri: I Never Realised What Car Horns Were Meant For Until I Went To Uni by Decent09(m): 6:51am On Sep 12, 2021
saphiere:
I never realised what car horns were meant for until I went to university in England – Reno Omokri

A Nigerian human rights activist and lawyer, Bemigho Reno Omokri has revealed when he realised what car horns are meant for, WonderTV Media reports.

And up to now you are not Educated, cos getting western education along does not made person educated.

Posting on his Instagram, Reno disclosed that he never knew that car horns are meant for emergencies until he went to a university in England.
He said when he was in Nigeria, he thought a car horn was meant to make the car in front of the driver move faster or it was meant to call the gateman to open the gate.

Reno stated that, in Nigeria, people use car horns to greet.

Read his post below:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTrhLCRD87v/
Re: Reno Omokri: I Never Realised What Car Horns Were Meant For Until I Went To Uni by Father4all: 6:52am On Sep 12, 2021
[quote author=centoke30 post=105720721]Is he okay? So if I get to the gate I should come down from my car to knock on the gate? Or if keke napep is driving sluggishly in front, I should wind down and call him to move over to the slow lane? Please I'm not getting what he meant ooo[/uote]this is why Africa will never grow
Re: Reno Omokri: I Never Realised What Car Horns Were Meant For Until I Went To Uni by Decent09(m): 6:52am On Sep 12, 2021
dragunov:

Look, uncle Renal Omiokro must you always post on SM?

Reno the useless tout
Re: Reno Omokri: I Never Realised What Car Horns Were Meant For Until I Went To Uni by Father4all: 6:53am On Sep 12, 2021
Ogeneigbo1:
I realised car horns makes most Nigerians drive recklessly.
One day I went for a function ,my car horn was very Okay.. immediately after the function, I entered the car only to find out the horn is dead .

I thought of how to drive on the road with all the bike , Keke and other road users,I felt like parking the car,on a second thought, I zoom off.

I couldn't imagine that I drove this car without horn extra carefully back home...
I drove it again without horn for two days because my schedule was very tight to go see an electrician.

I never believed I could drive so carefully..

After the incident, I concluded that we abuse car horn in Nigeria.
God bless you!
Re: Reno Omokri: I Never Realised What Car Horns Were Meant For Until I Went To Uni by elampiro(m): 6:53am On Sep 12, 2021
TheOgaBoss:
what is the difference between emergency and life threatening situations?

Life threatening situations occur frequently in Nigeria due to recklessness, unnecessary speed and impatience in driving. White people are too discipline. Without supervision, they stay on their lane even when traffic is heavy on that lane, and there is another lane to wrongly 'cut corner'. And here in Europe, police no dey here abeg. You might do something wrong in driving and go free, but when you are caught, they fine you. If you park you car in a wrong place, when you return, a ticket is placed on your car and you get a copy in your email. If you think you are stubborn, try bot no pay and you finish yourself

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: I Never Realised What Car Horns Were Meant For Until I Went To Uni by peacettw: 6:53am On Sep 12, 2021
Anyone notice that Reno makes front page almost weekly. He certainly has an agreement with Seun.. These days, I barely read what he churns out. Man is just feeling himself.
Re: Reno Omokri: I Never Realised What Car Horns Were Meant For Until I Went To Uni by phemmyfour: 6:57am On Sep 12, 2021
omowolewa:
Na you sabi

You can't stop that here in Nigeria, it's already here to stay for good.

The guy selling good in the traffic knows "pam! pam!" means market. If he carry your oyinbo mentality, na hunger go wire am.

It's simply to call attention here
Exactly, even in abroad, there is no specific ways of how to use horn
Re: Reno Omokri: I Never Realised What Car Horns Were Meant For Until I Went To Uni by TheOgaBoss: 7:04am On Sep 12, 2021
elampiro:

Life threatening situations occur frequently in Nigeria due to recklessness, unnecessary speed and impatience in driving. White people are too discipline. Without supervision, they stay on their lane even when traffic is heavy on that lane, and there is another lane to wrongly 'cut corner'. And here in Europe, police no dey here abeg. You might do something wrong in driving and go free, but when you are caught, they fine you. If you park you car in a wrong place, when you return, a ticket is placed on your car and you get a copy in your email. If you think you are stubborn, try bot no pay and you finish yourself
I was only trying to point out that life threatening situations are emergencies too, that mean same thing
Re: Reno Omokri: I Never Realised What Car Horns Were Meant For Until I Went To Uni by v2: 7:08am On Sep 12, 2021
In Nigeria, people do not observe driving rules (obviously because a lot of persons did not attend a driving school before hitting the road) so driving without a horn in your car is even risky.
A tricycle will stop in front of you to pick up passengers at will.
An idiot will stop his/her car in front of you discussing with someone in another car.
A car will stop in front of you because it's occupants wants to buy something from street hawkers.
Someone can be reversing towards you without using his/her mirrors.
The list is endless.
Driving for Nigeria na work and without horn you go thank God when you reach house say anything no happen to you or your car grin

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: I Never Realised What Car Horns Were Meant For Until I Went To Uni by Nobody: 7:09am On Sep 12, 2021
Delphi:
Very correct!. In Europe, one can stay for 6 months without hearing the bleep of a vehicle's horn. The only horn/noise one will hear is siren from ambulances on medical evacuation.
Not only EUROPE, Bro.
But, in every nation that has sensible creatures.
The United States and Canada same.
Since I started living in the US, I haven't horned more than 6 times.
In Fact, my first 5 attempts took place when I newly arrived the US..... Few months on arriving the US.
That was when I realized I was the only mad humans among sensible beings.

We really need a lot of deep ROOTED CHANGE in Nigeria, the genuine change starts with you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Which Good Cars Can I Buy Between 800k And 1M / Two Buses Collide On 3rd Mainland Bridge (Photos) / Review Of Armored Lexus LX 570: Official Car Of Kogi State Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.