Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,732 members, 7,817,014 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

Reno Omokri: I Never Realised What Car Horns Were Meant For Until I Went To Uni - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Reno Omokri: I Never Realised What Car Horns Were Meant For Until I Went To Uni (35253 Views)

I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car / What Car Can My Mum Buy With 1million Naira Budget? / What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 110k Per Month Maintain? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reno Omokri: I Never Realised What Car Horns Were Meant For Until I Went To Uni by Caseless: 4:06am On Sep 14, 2021
Delphi:

You hardly see such. There is pedestrian way as well as bicycle route. Everything is orderly. Simply put, the environment is SANE!!
it's hell here men.
Re: Reno Omokri: I Never Realised What Car Horns Were Meant For Until I Went To Uni by Lexusgs430: 4:14am On Sep 14, 2021
centoke30:
Is he okay? So if I get to the gate I should come down from my car to knock on the gate? Or if keke napep is driving sluggishly in front, I should wind down and call him to move over to the slow lane? Please I'm not getting what he meant ooo

It's all part of Nigeria's madness....... Abuse of horns, constitutes a nuisance and noise pollution......... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: I Never Realised What Car Horns Were Meant For Until I Went To Uni by Or11: 10:23pm On Sep 14, 2021
BillionKnights:

What's the difference bro

Life threatening to me is when someone crosses a road which is not a zebra crossing where cars are driving on high speed, or a driver driving in reverse on an expressway etc and an emergency is when someone is dying or badly hurt. In most if not all developed countries, pedestrians only cross roads at a zebra crossing or when the traffic lights gives green to pedestrians.
Re: Reno Omokri: I Never Realised What Car Horns Were Meant For Until I Went To Uni by Or11: 10:29pm On Sep 14, 2021
@fantastic1

No a life threatening situation is not an emergency.
Re: Reno Omokri: I Never Realised What Car Horns Were Meant For Until I Went To Uni by Or11: 10:33pm On Sep 14, 2021
elampiro:

Life threatening situations occur frequently in Nigeria due to recklessness, unnecessary speed and impatience in driving. White people are too discipline. Without supervision, they stay on their lane even when traffic is heavy on that lane, and there is another lane to wrongly 'cut corner'. And here in Europe, police no dey here abeg. You might do something wrong in driving and go free, but when you are caught, they fine you. If you park you car in a wrong place, when you return, a ticket is placed on your car and you get a copy in your email. If you think you are stubborn, try bot no pay and you finish yourself

Thank you, the oil wey dey head na foreign. I couldn't say it better.
Re: Reno Omokri: I Never Realised What Car Horns Were Meant For Until I Went To Uni by omanzo02: 8:26am On Sep 19, 2021
sorepco:

People get fined for honking horn in UK? U de lie my guy

I am sure you don't even own a car talkless of knowing or understanding the traffic's law or code, typical mentality of Nigerians with Nigeria drivers licence.
I live in main land Europe and road trip is a hobby, touring different country by road, England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland are checked and dusted on my list.

See below and eat your own shit.

UK Road Code Excerpt:

Horns are mandatory on all cars, and they are required for a reason: to warn drivers or pedestrians of hazards. There are a number of laws relating to proper use of your car horn, and some of these you my not be aware of.

For starters, you cannot use your car horn between 23:30 and 07:00 in built up areas. In addition, if another driver has failed to give way or is not paying attention and fails to move at a green light, giving them a quick beep is also not permitted unless there is immediate danger. Using your car horn while stationary, such as when in a traffic jam, is also not allowed.

Improper use of car horns is one of the most commonly broken traffic laws – if a driver is caught at it, they may face a fine of up to £1,000.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/motors/2783747/honking-horn-illegal-fine/amp/

https://www.cartakeback.com/blog/in-the-know/10-uk-driving-laws-you-probably-didn-t-know-about

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Which Good Cars Can I Buy Between 800k And 1M / Two Buses Collide On 3rd Mainland Bridge (Photos) / Review Of Armored Lexus LX 570: Official Car Of Kogi State Governor

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.