Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,674 members, 7,816,769 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route - Travel (102) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route (846376 Views)

UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (607) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by TomatoSauce1: 5:07pm On Apr 14, 2022
mimilyrics:
Using KLM requires a transit visa.

I guess that's a new rule, it wasn't required before

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Beedollas(f): 5:16pm On Apr 14, 2022
Hello house, please I'd like to get my tuberculosis and police clearance done at once as I'll be traveling from another state to lagos or ABUJA.

Can someone help me with the link to TB booking or can I walk in and have it done?

Also who can assist me with getting police clearance either in lagos or ABUJA? Please

This will help me determine where to go for the docs.

Thanks in advance
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by TomatoSauce1: 5:17pm On Apr 14, 2022
Shespeaks:
Hello house, I'm new here... My brother is on the process on migrating to the UK via the UK carer visa.

Please I have some questions, would need your sincere answer.

Someone told us that Nigeria has been restricted from applying for the UK carer visa, please how true?

Secondly, do we need to get IELTS done?
What other requirements are needed?
Will sincerely appreciate your kind response, thank you!

The first thing is to secure a job and cos. For other documentations required, please read from page 1.
Some Persons on this thread have applied for care visas, so I don't think there's any restriction.

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Dancubed: 5:32pm On Apr 14, 2022
How are you guys getting Healthcare assistant and Carer jobs in UK from Nigeria.
Cos me I am tired o. I have applied and applied on Indeed, Glassdoor. Infact at this stage a lot of applications that offers COS says it is only for those already in UK. I am absolutely in health and pharmaceutical line, I have experience as carer as well. Good CV

Please I need suggestion. You can mail me. HELP ME o!!!

dee1504:

Check by yourself if the surcharge you are supposed to pay is £1092. If it is, then I think they are doing you a favour. If its less than that, you can humbly request that you will source for the surcharge by yourself.

They envisaged that you may not be able to afford the surcharge, that is why they want to pay on your behalf and then deduct from your salary over time. I experienced the same with regards to accommodation fee for the first month and it was deducted from my salary over 3 months.

In my opinion, I will advise you to agree with them so that you will have less financial burden because you still have to pay Visa fee, Air ticket, house rent, and other miscellaneous things.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Beedollas(f): 6:02pm On Apr 14, 2022
Hello house, please who can assist me on getting police clearance certificate in Abuja or Lagosnext week? I'll be coming in to ABUJA or lagos just for police clearance and TB test... Anybody please, even a contact number will be helpful.

Thank you
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by obehilicious: 6:29pm On Apr 14, 2022
omis1:

Please except from the email is there a way I can contact the British council office in Abuja , they haven’t replied my email.
I sat for ielts ukvi paper based exam on March abd 18 of March and they mailed me that the result is out this last Saturday,yet they are yet ti deliver the result to my address (they said the result would be delivered to our personal address .
I need to submit the result soon

Have you been able to get it? I am in the same boat. Was suppose to get it today but dhl is using me to play.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Bukunming(m): 6:32pm On Apr 14, 2022
Hello everyone, please how true is this?
That's my conversation with someone in the UK.

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by tolajay: 6:57pm On Apr 14, 2022
Any of the airlines will suffice.

You can compare prices and get cheaper deals on WakaNow.

Best wishes.

aminlove:

Yes, thank you. The lawyers got the mail. I will pick it up next week. Any advice in best fight to London?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by omis1(m): 7:10pm On Apr 14, 2022
obehilicious:

Have you been able to get it? I am in the same boat. Was suppose to get it today but dhl is using me to play.
i got it on d same day I made that post ,u can send an email to British council and they would send u ur tracking number
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Bostin(m): 7:41pm On Apr 14, 2022
Bukunming:
Yes very right , my employer choose to do my DBS first with a UK address before job Offer .
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by LagosismyHome(f): 7:53pm On Apr 14, 2022
Bukunming:

You can get a job before DBS. But an employer too can choose to only give job offer after DBS. The two ways are done

However to work unassisted when you resume you need a DBS so what one care agency told me is that immediately you arrive they would submit a DBS For your and your police certificate as a cover for you while it is processing . Your first weeks should be training and shadowing so unhighly unlikely you be unassisted

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by humility101: 9:01pm On Apr 14, 2022
Beedollas:
Hello house, please who can assist me on getting police clearance certificate in Abuja or Lagosnext week? I'll be coming in to ABUJA or lagos just for police clearance and TB test... Anybody please, even a contact number will be helpful.

Thank you

I have the contact of someone that works in the Lagos office. U get ur police certificate same today.

Dm for the contact
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by umarwy(m): 9:17pm On Apr 14, 2022
Bukunming:

DBS == Police clearance certificate in Nigeria
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Bostin(m): 9:38pm On Apr 14, 2022
umarwy:

DBS == Police clearance certificate in Nigeria
UK DBS is required
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by mimilyrics: 10:04pm On Apr 14, 2022
Became required since Jan 2020 when Brexit was fully effected.
TomatoSauce1:

I guess that's a new rule, it wasn't required before
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by captainlondon(m): 10:56pm On Apr 14, 2022
Bostin:
UK DBS is required

Police certificate is only for certain jobs though not all from the gov.uk site
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Emurate1: 11:14pm On Apr 14, 2022
Dancubed:
How are you guys getting Healthcare assistant and Carer jobs in UK from Nigeria.
Cos me I am tired o. I have applied and applied on Indeed, Glassdoor. Infact at this stage a lot of applications that offers COS says it is only for those already in UK. I am absolutely in health and pharmaceutical line, I have experience as carer as well. Good CV

Please I need suggestion. You can mail me. HELP ME o!!!

My Advice.

Avoid applying through Indeed, Glassdoor, Trac* etc. I sent over 50 applications through those sites, I was rejected all through.
When you see a vacancy at those sites, check the name of the care home. Google for the site and apply to them directly.
The interviews I have gotten was from.aoplixations I submitted through the care homes site.

Maybe I was just lucky, but I doubt if anyone here has gotten any interview from applications submitted through Indeed and the rest

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Shespeaks: 11:27pm On Apr 14, 2022
Ok, Thanks.
TomatoSauce1:

The first thing is to secure a job and cos. For other documentations required, please read from page 1.
Some Persons on this thread have applied for care visas, so I don't think there's any restriction.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Beedollas(f): 1:11am On Apr 15, 2022
Oh thank you

humility101:

I have the contact of someone that works in the Lagos office. U get ur police certificate same today.

Dm for the contact

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Beedollas(f): 1:13am On Apr 15, 2022
Hi good people, please can anyone confirm that walking in for tuberculosis can be successful without booking online?

And will I get same day?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Jaybadestboy: 3:06am On Apr 15, 2022
2 hours max. She did mine for me

Beedollas:
Thank you Sir for responding, please will she give me same day?

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Janeyy22: 3:54am On Apr 15, 2022
aminlove:

Is UKVI IELTS different from normal IELTS?

and how did you go bout registering?

Yes it's different. Google british council find a nearest office to you or register and pay online.
Or you use MOD IDP. They both deliver IELTS

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Emurate1: 8:05am On Apr 15, 2022
Beedollas:
Hi good people, please can anyone confirm that walking in for tuberculosis can be successful without booking online?

And will I get same day?

It's very unlikely. If you go there and claim that you couldn't book online, they would help you to book a date for you.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Kennyg290: 8:16am On Apr 15, 2022
dee1504:

This is highly UNETHICAL. It is very wrong to put out someone's details on a public platform where the whole world, especially the person's superiors can have access to. Kindly delete this.

I concurred, u can simply put your contact then the person can connect you for her number.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Kennyg290: 8:20am On Apr 15, 2022
[quote author=Emurate1 post=111956084]
My Advice.

Avoid applying through Indeed, Glassdoor, Trac* etc. I sent over 50 applications through those sites, I was rejected all through.
When you see a vacancy at those sites, check the name of the care home. Google for the site and apply to them directly.
The interviews I have gotten was from.aoplixations I submitted through the care homes site.

Maybe I was just lucky, but I doubt if anyone here has gotten any interview from applications submitted through Indeed and the rest

God bless you for this. I just watch a YouTube video on this. Knowledge is power

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Kaylaonah(f): 8:54am On Apr 15, 2022
Shespeaks:
Hello house, I'm new here... My brother is on the process on migrating to the UK via the UK carer visa.

Please I have some questions, would need your sincere answer.

Someone told us that Nigeria has been restricted from applying for the UK carer visa, please how true?

Secondly, do we need to get IELTS done?
What other requirements are needed?
Will sincerely appreciate your kind response, thank you!

1) Nigerians can definitely not be restricted from apply for the UK carer visa, if not, why would we be in this group.

2) You need an English proficiency test. It could be IELTS, NARIC, or Pearson. Go to the UK government website and choose the one you can afford.

3) Other requirements include TB test and police clearance

3 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by obehilicious: 9:56am On Apr 15, 2022
Does anyone know if DHL or British Council will open today? Those people have shown me shege because of hardcopy result
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by obehilicious: 9:58am On Apr 15, 2022
omis1:
i got it on d same day I made that post ,u can send an email to British council and they would send u ur tracking number

Their email that takes days to reply? I have a tracking number, my parcel is stuck with DHL. Something I am suppose to have submitted. British Council has refused to send the electronic copy.

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (607) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.