Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,680 members, 7,816,782 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route - Travel (104) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route (846389 Views)

UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (607) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by RealBae: 2:45am On Apr 16, 2022
Send mail directly to the company official email. What I mean is attach your resume and paste your well written cover letter as the body of your email. I was able to land 2 interviews using this format. I use the tier 2 link and searched care homes, go to their website and copy their email address. Some have vacancies, I also apply and still send mail to them
Meanwhile I will say that I’m a customer to almost all the known job site. I put I. More than 10 applications per day and funny enough when I wake up I will get like 4 or 5 we are sorry but I was determined.
Don’t give up. Good luck

Dancubed:
How are you guys getting Healthcare assistant and Carer jobs in UK from Nigeria.
Cos me I am tired o. I have applied and applied on Indeed, Glassdoor. Infact at this stage a lot of applications that offers COS says it is only for those already in UK. I am absolutely in health and pharmaceutical line, I have experience as carer as well. Good CV

Please I need suggestion. You can mail me. HELP ME o!!!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by RealBae: 2:51am On Apr 16, 2022
Send them email telling them you case is urgent.
They will respond within 3 days

iomlagosmedicalbooking@iom.int

Try and attach your intl passport and state the date you want to book your appointment

Beedollas:
Guys please I'm in a cross road, I can't seem to get any available date to book a tuberculosis test appointment...I don't know if I'm doing it wrong.

I would have walked in and book but I want to be that I'll atleast have it done sooner than a week wait, because I'll be traveling to the center and going to come back another day for just the TB test will cost me over 100k for flight and I no get that kind Money.

I just want to go and complete the procedure once and for all and go back home.

Please what do I do?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by obehilicious: 4:30am On Apr 16, 2022
jiigga:
Oh.... By the way, please let me say this.....

Since people getting the thing elsewhere,, , other than Lagos(alagbon)..... ..

That means i could find a way to get the thing from Abuja ??.. .
And
it will be TOTALLY acceptable at the embassy ??.. . For real ?? (Cos thats another deal to contend with)

You can get it done anywhere in the country. They'll send the documents to Lagos themselves, you'll go back to get it when it's ready. As for TB test, just call or send an email.

I hope it would...

Cos I'm really not trynna waste my time for nothing either..
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by tolajay: 4:50am On Apr 16, 2022
The highest I've paid for PCC is 4K.

Used to be 3K until February when the man said they've increased the rate to 4K.

You can starr negotiation from 3K.

I presume PCC is meant to be free for citizens.

DeeOneBangin:
No fixed price on Police certificate as those police officers use it to enrich their pockets. It’s all about your bargaining power.

Did it 5k at Alagbon when I left naija last year even though I still no use am.

So I reckon you start bargaining from 5k……

You get it in less than 30mins
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by CeeCyrils: 8:10am On Apr 16, 2022
My people, may the Joy of the resurrection bring peace and restoration to us. Happy Easter!

Please can someone dissect this English for me. I sense some undertone that are somehow. "Make I no use two feet check water depth"

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Kennyg290: 9:09am On Apr 16, 2022
[quote author=CeeCyrils post=111990016]My people, may the Joy of the resurrection bring peace and restoration to us. Happy Easter!

Please can someone dissect this English for me. I sense some undertone that are somehow. "Make I no use two feet check water depth"
[/quote

To my understanding, it means u can't and will not work for any other employer than them but if u want to leave them u will settle them. They also have the right to dismiss you if the contract is breach.
Abeg JAPA 1st if can't continue with them, the ground will determine what next. Good luck

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by CeeCyrils: 10:35am On Apr 16, 2022
grin thank you. [quote author=Kennyg290 post=111991416][/quote]
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by vanod: 10:39am On Apr 16, 2022
Good morning everyone, pls I need help, as I was doing my IELTS registration using my phone, I didn't take note of the computer base and paper base option, it was at the end of the registration that I saw computer base test.

The problem is that I am not too proficient in typing and I have written British council to change it to paper base. but, is been more than 5 days no response from.

I want to know if anyone has experience anything like that, can they change it or not.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Kaylaonah(f): 11:05am On Apr 16, 2022
CeeCyrils:
My people, may the Joy of the resurrection bring peace and restoration to us. Happy Easter!

It means you're not allowed to work for any other employer without seeking permission from them first. Any breach will mean termination.

It's actually a pretty normal condition. Nobody wants to employ you and be sharing you with someone else, especially if it'll make you not concentrate or miss work

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by chifreke(f): 11:08am On Apr 16, 2022
jagbasneh:
Good evening house, pls is urgent am trying to pay for my IELTS test and my access bank card keep declined.

Dont stress it, it won't go, use other banks

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Emurate1: 11:53am On Apr 16, 2022
chifreke:

Dont stress it, it won't go, use other banks

I actually used Access Bank Master card for mine. It went through

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Kaylaonah(f): 11:59am On Apr 16, 2022
jagbasneh:
Good evening house, pls is urgent am trying to pay for my IELTS test and my access bank card keep declined.

You can use bank transfer. The bank is Standard chartered, account number is 996- then the last 7 digits of your profile ID.

Please confirm that it's 996... I'm sure it's 99-but I'm not sure of the third number. Call their customer care and tell them you want to do bank transfer

4 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by aminlove(m): 2:02pm On Apr 16, 2022
Just to reconfirm, anybody that went to UK very recently... Is COVID test or Vaccination still optional, I know they are on the website, just reaffirming?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Beedollas(f): 2:36pm On Apr 16, 2022
Thank you dear

RealBae:
Send them email telling them you case is urgent.
They will respond within 3 days

iomlagosmedicalbooking@iom.int

Try and attach your intl passport and state the date you want to book your appointment

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by aminlove(m): 7:10pm On Apr 16, 2022
tolajay:
Any of the airlines will suffice.

You can compare prices and get cheaper deals on WakaNow.

Best wishes.

Thanks.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Emurate1: 7:29pm On Apr 16, 2022
vanod:
Good morning everyone, pls I need help, as I was doing my IELTS registration using my phone, I didn't take note of the computer base and paper base option, it was at the end of the registration that I saw computer base test.

The problem is that I am not too proficient in typing and I have written British council to change it to paper base. but, is been more than 5 days no response from.

I want to know if anyone has experience anything like that, can they change it or not.

Did you try to call them? Such important matters, you should be contacting them through phone calls
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Uzland: 8:40pm On Apr 16, 2022
RealBae:
Send mail directly to the company official email. What I mean is attach your resume and paste your well written cover letter as the body of your email. I was able to land 2 interviews using this format. I use the tier 2 link and searched care homes, go to their website and copy their email address. Some have vacancies, I also apply and still send mail to them
Meanwhile I will say that I’m a customer to almost all the known job site. I put I. More than 10 applications per day and funny enough when I wake up I will get like 4 or 5 we are sorry but I was determined.
Don’t give up. Good luck

I like your vibes, RealBae. That's the spirit!cheesy

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Uzland: 8:52pm On Apr 16, 2022
Beedollas:
Thank you dear

Hello Beedollas, please do let us know if it works out for you. Cheers.cheesy
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Icesnow(f): 7:08am On Apr 17, 2022
akanniade10:
Hi guys, I have been assigned a 3 year CoS and my employer agreed to certify my maintenance so i don’t have to use my bank statement when applying for visa.

My annual salary (gross) as stated in my CoS is just a little above £28,000 per annum but they have stated that the immigration surcharge for the three years (£1092) will be deducted from my salary with an agreement.

I am not sounding greedy but is it right as there were no prior discussion regarding this, I was only told after my CoS was assigned.
kindly tell us the name of the care home
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by 2Legitsales(m): 8:59am On Apr 17, 2022
Happy Easter Fam! Please a quick question. Which is better with funds available. Going through this Care worker route or Applying for Msc?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Shespeaks: 9:05am On Apr 17, 2022
Hi everyone,
We've been following this thread and it really has been helpful.

Please we need clarity on these positions. Is there a difference between the senior carer and the healthcare assistant positions based on their visa duration?

Someone said that as a healthcare assistant, we'll get just one year visa which we'll have to apply for extension from within UK while the senior carer visa is for 5 years....

Please how true, should we really for any reason target the senior carer positions and not the healthcare assistants?

***My brother has no background in nursing but has completed the mandatory care Certificate training and is assisting at a hospital.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by vanod: 9:14am On Apr 17, 2022
When I tried calling the line it said "you're not permitted to call this line" I am confused don't know what to do next. I will just keep bombarding them with emails till they respond, I think that should be the only way out.

Emurate1:

Did you try to call them? Such important matters, you should be contacting them through phone calls
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Kennyg290: 9:34am On Apr 17, 2022
Shespeaks:
Hi everyone,

Please we need clarity on these positions. Is there a difference between the senior carer and the healthcare assistant positions based on their visa duration?

Someone said that as a healthcare assistant, we'll get just one year visa which we'll have to apply for extension from within UK while the senior carer visa is for 5 years....

Please how true, should we really for any reason target the senior carer positions and not the healthcare assistants?

***My brother has no background in nursing but has completed the mandatory care Certificate training and is assisting at a hospital.

Yes, it's different. Senior carer is for those in that particular field while HCA are those with Little or much experience on health.
We don't need to bother about the visa duration because the contract will guide you.
Your brother can apply for the HCA because it's d easiest way to JAPA 4now to UK if u meet d requirements.
My view pls

3 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Kennyg290: 9:38am On Apr 17, 2022
2Legitsales:
Happy Easter Fam! Please a quick question. Which is better with funds available. Going through this Care worker route or Applying for Msc?

From my point of view, go for the Msc based on the availability of the requirements. Care worker /HCA route is the easiest for now but the job may b tasking.

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Agatha250: 10:36am On Apr 17, 2022
Happy Easter, please for those that have applied for visa with their dependants, what documentation do you need to apply for your dependents. I want to start my application next week
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Emurate1: 11:26am On Apr 17, 2022
vanod:
When I tried calling the line it said "you're not permitted to call this line" I am confused don't know what to do next. I will just keep bombarding them with emails till they respond, I think that should be the only way out.

I don't think you're calling the right number. I called them on several occasions last week
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Emurate1: 11:27am On Apr 17, 2022
Shespeaks:
Hi everyone,

Your visa depends on the years of contract your employer states on your CoS. It has nothing to do with Senior Carer or HCA.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by jum33: 12:29pm On Apr 17, 2022
Shespeaks:
Hi everyone,

Senior carer and health care assistant job are among the list of currently published shortage occupation just like you have doctors are nurses jobs etc that are in high demand in uk .
And for any occupation that happens to be listed in the shortage occupation list ,the privilege is there for the employet to sponsor skilled worker abroad with minimum and maximum contract of 3 years and 5 years respectively which can lead to ILR at end of the contract .So based on visa category for skilled workers ,duration of years of contract are all the same .
However for nigerian ,HCW is virtually a non existence field and very few experience professional available so it will practically impossible to get a senior carer (except registered nurses) role cos it is higher role in the HCW field and you need some years of experience and certification to land such role,so it better to stick with the HCW beginner role wen applying if you don't have the true industry based experience..

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by jum33: 12:41pm On Apr 17, 2022
2Legitsales:
It really depends on you for the sole purpose of going for the master.Going for MSc first will land you a tier 4 category visa which is for student and you will need to graduate and get job that is under the shortage occupation list which HCW is among before your visa can be ungraded to skilled worker route (tier 2 ) and staying with tier 2 for 5 years will earn the highly price ILR visa which is equivalent of Green card or PR .however let me sincere with ourselves not everyone can cope with the responsibility and demand that come the Care work cos the job is demeaning ( glorified house servant angry ) it already a tier 2 visa so it is a faster route of clinching ILR visa if one can weather the storm and demands that come it instead of going tru MSC first
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by vanod: 1:21pm On Apr 17, 2022
Thanks so much for your response so far, here is the number I have been calling,
+234014603090. Pls kindly help me with the one you have, so I could call them on Tuesday.

Thank you

Emurate1:

I don't think you're calling the right number. I called them on several occasions last week
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by 2Legitsales(m): 1:30pm On Apr 17, 2022
jum33:

It really depends on you for the sole purpose of going for the master.Going for MSc first will land u tier 4 visa which which for student and you will need to graduate and get job that is under the shortage occupation list which HCW is among before your visa can be ungraded to skilled worker route (tier 2 ) and staying with tier 2 for 5 years will earn the highly price ILR visa which is equivalent of Green card or PR however let me sincere with ourselves not everyone can cope with the responsibility and demand that come the Care work cos the job is demeaning ( glorified house servant angry ) it already a tier 2 visa so it is a faster route of clinching ILR visa if one can weather the storm and demands that come it instead of going tru MSC first

Glorified house servant grin
But if the pay is good , I don't mind sha. Every job for Yankee is respected
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by jum33: 1:44pm On Apr 17, 2022
2Legitsales:

Glorified house servant grin
But if the pay is good , I don't mind sha. Every job for Yankee is respected
Exactly but don't even come near such job if u are already a big boy in naija

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (607) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

Viewing this topic: Biwom94(f)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.