Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,752 members, 7,817,082 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route - Travel (190) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route (846705 Views)

UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) ... (607) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Heeyhun(f): 6:09pm On Aug 12, 2022
ponmbe:
Sincerely, i really dont know the reason for long delays after decision has been made. I applied for skilled worker visa, had my biometrics on 13th july, iv made a paid call and numerous paid mails. i was told a decision was made as far back as 20th July, what is now causing all this delays??

I was told to wait 10 working days for VAC to send collection mail, i did and didnt receive anything, i then called and i was told my application has now been escalated. Do escalation really work or its just a placebo because im just so confused right now.

Mine has been made since 4th July, no collection email.
Biometrics was 21st of June. Had to have my start date pushed forward.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by rkayfree: 6:29pm On Aug 12, 2022
Pekela:

Please what are the documents you submitted and to the house I’m a bit confused how to calculate the minimum balance that should be in bank account for 28 days for the main applicant, partner and children?

Pls help me share your knowledge

Main applicant without maintenance -£1270
Partner - £285
First Child -£315
Additional child - £200

So now assuming you have 2 Children (family of 4)
It would be 1270+285+315+200 = £2070

If you have 3 children (family of 5)
1270+285+315+200+200 = £2270

I trust it clarifies

4 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by VMuna: 6:44pm On Aug 12, 2022
LagosismyHome:

It can take a long time to correct. Might be better off correcting in UK

Ok.

Thanks a lot.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by taiwolola(m): 7:52pm On Aug 12, 2022
Great job here!
Please assistance. Wife has gone to the UK as a Nurse, maintenance for her and dependent ticked yes on COS. We are about to apply to join her. Someone told me we will still need Sponsor letter of maintenance alongside the COS. Please whats the difference and is it compulsory? Anyone who has recently passed through this dependant healthcare work visa journey advise on the documents needed to successfully process it. Thanks a lot
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by bunsuq: 8:09pm On Aug 12, 2022
Pekela:

Please what are the documents you submitted and to the house I’m a bit confused how to calculate the minimum balance that should be in bank account for 28 days for the main applicant, partner and children?

Pls help me share your knowledge
Documents submitted
1. COS
2. TB test
3. Police Clearance certificate
4. IESTLS for UkVI result
5. Marriage certificate

For POF for many, what is the number of children? About 700k to 1 min will do for main applicant while 2milliin should be okay for a family of 4-5. Check on UK.gov site for actual calculations in pounds.

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by princecemo(m): 8:09pm On Aug 12, 2022
taiwolola:
Great job here!
Please assistance. Wife has gone to the UK as a Nurse, maintenance for her and dependent ticked yes on COS. We are about to apply to join her. Someone told me we will still need Sponsor letter of maintenance alongside the COS. Please whats the difference and is it compulsory? Anyone who has recently passed through this dependant healthcare work visa journey advise on the documents needed to successfully process it. Thanks a lot

Not true just COS is fine, sofar you have proof of marriage and birth certificate of d kids linking all of u guys to d primary applicant(Nurse)

3 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by bunsuq: 8:12pm On Aug 12, 2022
rkayfree:

Congratulations, that's like 16days.

Btw, on the bolded, what of we wey no like read plenty , how do we go ? Chai!
Abeg, try and scan through at least.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by LagosismyHome(f): 8:21pm On Aug 12, 2022
VMuna:

Ok.

Thanks a lot.

Make sure you formally lodge a complain

Here's the link for issues with BRP https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence-permits/report-problem
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by bunsuq: 8:26pm On Aug 12, 2022
[quote author=olukoyasky post=115607783][/quote]

Just 1 month is okay. Additional months does not proof anything.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Pekela: 9:44pm On Aug 12, 2022
rkayfree:

Main applicant without maintenance -£1270
Partner - £285
First Child -£315
Additional child - £200

So now assuming you have 2 Children (family of 4)
It would be 1270+285+315+200 = £2070

If you have 3 children (family of 5)
1270+285+315+200+200 = £2270

I trust it clarifies

Thanks so much bro you claear my doubts
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Melahou(m): 9:54pm On Aug 12, 2022
Melahou:

The person is not through with his master's program so there is no certificate yet.
But there is a letter from the school to show that he is almost done with his program and a certificate will be issued once he is done.
Will this cover as English proficiency?

Thank you
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by VMuna: 10:04pm On Aug 12, 2022
LagosismyHome:

Make sure you formally lodge a complain

Here's the link for issues with BRP https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence-permits/report-problem

You've been so kind.

Would do that as soon as I land. I see that I have to lodge a complaint within 10 days of receiving my BRP.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Tolextonia: 4:18am On Aug 13, 2022
[quote author=Olorilola17 post=115590565][/quote]

Ok no problem

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Jnrbaino4real(m): 7:22am On Aug 13, 2022
Jaybadestboy:
Visa ⏰ alarm

Skilled worker visa

Job offer -March 2nd 2022

Cos and and offer letter- June 13th 2022

Tb test- 16th July 2022

Visa application- July 19th 2022
Am so happy for you.. i did my masters in uk, worked in UK, did care job for 5 years. Left UK 8 years ago.
Still applying and searching for sponsorship. I tap into your blessings and luck bro.

Biometrics Tls ikeja July 23rd 2022

Transfered to DMC July 23rd 2022

Transfered to VAC 5th August 2022

Delivery by DHL. 8th August 2022

Chai! I'm going back after 7 years, thank you Jesus.By next week I go dust my slippers run from miserable country! Good luck to everyone and hopefully we'll see in the Uk

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Fearjah: 8:33am On Aug 13, 2022
Please, help. I have no idea of anything related to health. So how can i become a health worker?

Can i go and work sometime with a doctor so that he can write a letter of recommendation for me?
Will that be accepted as prove that I'm a health worker in order for me to get cso?

Will a letter of recommendation from a doctor be okay to qualify me as a health worker?

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by rkayfree: 9:01am On Aug 13, 2022
Fearjah:
Please, help. I have no idea of anything related to health. So how can i become a health worker?

Can i go and work sometime with a doctor so that he can write a letter of recommendation for me?
Will that be accepted as prove that I'm a health worker in order for me to get cso?

Will a letter of recommendation from a doctor be okay to qualify me as a health worker?

Try and get some training certifications regarding nursing , care work etc , some are done online , while some are physical, depending.

The bolded should be an added advantage as it would give you an edge to actually do the task aside helping out also with the interview.

Once your have done two , three or more nursing/care certifications, You can prepare your resume and start applying for jobs hoping for the ones that can sponsor you .

you prepare for your IELTS for UK general test, if you are not gonna opt for other options to prove your knowledge of English language. minimum grade should be 4 or 4.5, but just target 5 at least .

When successful on the job and you have been given an offer, then

Do your TB test and police certificate report.

Apply for the visa .. that's it

I am sure the the first page of this thread did more explanation on this .

Good luck

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Fearjah: 9:26am On Aug 13, 2022
rkayfree:

[/b]Try and get some training certifications regarding nursing , care work etc , some are done online , while some are physical, depending.[b]

The bolded should be an added advantage as it would give you an edge to actually do the task aside helping out also with the interview.

Once your have done two , three or more nursing/care certifications, You can prepare your resume and start applying for jobs hoping for the ones that can sponsor you .

you prepare for your IELTS for UK general test, if you are not gonna opt for other options to prove your knowledge of English language. minimum grade should be 4 or 4.5, but just target 5 at least .

When successful on the job and you have been given an offer, then

Do your TB test and police certificate report.

Apply for the visa .. that's it

I am sure the the first page of this thread did more explanation on this .

Good luck

Thank you so much for taking your time to guide me! Very clear guidelines.

Please, I'm a complete novice on this matter. Just one more question, at the bolded :

Which website or online certificate programs can i obtain? I mean approved website(s) i can go to obtain certificates.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by rkayfree: 10:10am On Aug 13, 2022
Fearjah:

Please, I'm a complete novice on this matter. Just one more question, at the bolded :

Which website or online certificate programs can i obtain? I mean approved website(s) i can go to obtain certificates.

Actually, google has some of these answers ..

There are many training sites , consider the ones on the first display pages on Google .

Just type the question on Google just as it is in your head ..

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by zubixone: 10:19am On Aug 13, 2022
Allison is UK recognized care training institute.

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Tajsagay(m): 10:25am On Aug 13, 2022
gistbite:

She can't avoid IELTS. Let her search for "Jay ielts" on YouTube, it simplifies the test

I can attest to Jay IELTS. The YouTube channel is called "E2 IELTS"

Thanks to the channel I got the results below

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Tolextonia: 10:26am On Aug 13, 2022
Fearjah:

Based on experience, the training certificate nursing/care homes do ask for are majorly;
Care certificate (very important)

Manual handling (mandatory)

Safeguarding- in all my interviews and that of some friends, questions do come out from here. E.g. what is safeguarding, types of abuse, scenario questions on agitation, etc

Health and safety

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Fearjah: 10:59am On Aug 13, 2022
zubixone:
Allison is UK recognized care training institute.

Thank you
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Fearjah: 11:05am On Aug 13, 2022
I'm grateful for the guidance and directions I'm getting here.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Hummel94: 11:39am On Aug 13, 2022
Pls guys do jobs offers call or Send Mails mostly?..pls reply
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by CeeCyrils: 12:15pm On Aug 13, 2022
Hello house,

On a need to know. Should one input normal driving license number or has to get the international driving license?
Some applications are asking for the number and some people said it has to be the IDL for immediate use in UK. Please how true is this? Thank you for your prompt response.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Tajsagay(m): 12:42pm On Aug 13, 2022
CeeCyrils:
Hello house,

On a need to know. Should one input normal driving license number or has to get the international driving license?
Some applications are asking for the number and some people said it has to be the IDL for immediate use in UK. Please how true is this? Thank you for your prompt response.

IDL

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by zinaunreal(m): 12:44pm On Aug 13, 2022
EnglandAmaka:
Good morning everyone.

An agent sent me this message I pasted below. Do you think it's genuine? Can an agent get Caregiver job from Nigeria?

it's a 2months process.

The first stage: is a certificate. That’s getting the caregiver certificate that’s what you are paying for

Second stage: job offer.

Third stage. CV and Cover letter.

Fourth stage: certificate of sponsorship.

Fifth stage:
TB / Police clearance certificate.
Covid vaccination evidence card.

Sixth stage :Then go to vi for biometric and drop your passport.

Their visa fee and biometric, TB is on them.

Visa is is 133k
Tb is 57 for adult
Children 0-11 23k

Individual 3m

Family 5m

Deposit 700k

£2000 monthly salary normal work hour

Standard work hour is 9 hours daily

Comes with one month accommodation and flight for the principal applicant

Visa is 5 years, 2years probation that is to check how capable on the job

First come first served, few slots left. You’ll pay for your visa fee, Tuberculoses test, police character and that of your family if you’re going with family as well.

Have your transcripts ready which will be used in processing your NARIC and you will be making a payment of 140 pounds for NARIC and that is not covered in the 3m or 5m, you will be paying to NARIC but if you don't have transcripts, then you'll write IELTS exam.

Be informed that only the principal applicant gets flight ticket covered, certificate of sponsorship, caregiver certificate, job and one month accommodation as with the 5m family package but if you're applying as an individual you get all these covered in the 3m, the dependents of family package only get access to the visa and the husband can get a job on his own when he gets there.
You will be providing your police character clearance, CV and cover letter yourself but if you need help with the CV and cover letter, I have a contact who charges 7k to write it for you.

The payment doesn't cover your visa fee and TB test, you are to pay for that separately

Yes, these agents have hijacked the jobs
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by LagosismyHome(f): 1:07pm On Aug 13, 2022
EnglandAmaka:
Good morning everyone.

An agent sent me this message I pasted below. Do you think it's genuine? Can an agent get Caregiver job from Nigeria?

it's a 2months process.

The first stage: is a certificate. That’s getting the caregiver certificate that’s what you are paying for

Second stage: job offer.

Third stage. CV and Cover letter.

Fourth stage: certificate of sponsorship.

Fifth stage:
TB / Police clearance certificate.
Covid vaccination evidence card.

Sixth stage :Then go to vi for biometric and drop your passport.

Their visa fee and biometric, TB is on them.

Visa is is 133k
Tb is 57 for adult
Children 0-11 23k

Individual 3m

Family 5m

Deposit 700k

£2000 monthly salary normal work hour

Standard work hour is 9 hours daily

Comes with one month accommodation and flight for the principal applicant

Visa is 5 years, 2years probation that is to check how capable on the job

First come first served, few slots left. You’ll pay for your visa fee, Tuberculoses test, police character and that of your family if you’re going with family as well.

Have your transcripts ready which will be used in processing your NARIC and you will be making a payment of 140 pounds for NARIC and that is not covered in the 3m or 5m, you will be paying to NARIC but if you don't have transcripts, then you'll write IELTS exam.

Be informed that only the principal applicant gets flight ticket covered, certificate of sponsorship, caregiver certificate, job and one month accommodation as with the 5m family package but if you're applying as an individual you get all these covered in the 3m, the dependents of family package only get access to the visa and the husband can get a job on his own when he gets there.
You will be providing your police character clearance, CV and cover letter yourself but if you need help with the CV and cover letter, I have a contact who charges 7k to write it for you.

The payment doesn't cover your visa fee and TB test, you are to pay for that separately

There are many fake agents floating around.... the fake are more than the genuine. Tread very carefully
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by princecemo(m): 1:51pm On Aug 13, 2022
LagosismyHome:

There are many fake agents floating around.... the fake are more than the genuine. Tread very carefully

I have an agent who is authentic did for me and 2 people I referred to her. She is actually British Citizen

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by AskGod07: 1:52pm On Aug 13, 2022
Check your email let talk

princecemo:

I have an agent who is authentic did for me and 2 people I referred to her. She is actually British Citizen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by giselle237: 2:40pm On Aug 13, 2022
CeeCyrils:
Hello house,On a need to know. Should one input normal driving license number or has to get the international driving license?
your Nigerian license is fine for 12 months after landing pls. Do not bother yourself

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) ... (607) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.