Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,083 members, 7,835,651 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route - Travel (226) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route (858615 Views)

UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) ... (608) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Uzland: 6:09pm On Sep 21, 2022
Jblogs38:
VISA ALERT UPDATE

For me and my wife (IT Skilled Worker Visa)

All glory goes to God.

Date of receipt of COS letter- 15th June

Visa Application for me (main applicant)- 15th June

Visa Application for wife (Dependant)- 16th June

Biometrics date for Main applicant- 21st June

Biometrics date for Dependant- 24th June

Application moved to DMC- 21st June
Application Received by DMC 21st June

Application moved to VAC 20th September for both Main applicant and Dependant
Application received from VAC and notification email 20th September for both Main applicant and Dependant

Passport pick up for both Main applicant and Dependant- 21 September.

This has taken 3 months. I was frustrated, made alot of paid calls and sent paid emails and even sent an official complaint, but it has ended in praise. God has been so faithful after the two refusals I got from Canada study permit applications and the crazy amount of money I lost in the Process ( I paid a canadian registered consultant 3000 dollars + huge bank charges). God came through, after all that stress, I have gotten my visas. I could have lost hope after losing all that money and going through the pain of refusal, it almost wrecked my marriage. But I kept pushing because I knew I deserved more, I knew I was meant for more. This is the story of A lawyer 13 years at the Bar who is transitioning into IT as a Business Analyst. It is the start of a new chapter. All I am trying to say is - don't give up on your dreams and when you fall, get up, dust your yourself off and try again. You only fail when you stop trying.

Documents submitted
Main applicant

COS Letter
Tuberculosis test result
UK Masters degree certificate (for proof of knowledge of English)
Police Criminal report for Nigeria and UK
Dollar Bank statement
Bank Letter
Previous UK travel stamps

Dependant
Main applicant COS letter
Main applicant dollar bank statement
Marriage certificate
Marriage pictures
Newspaper publication for change of name
Affidavit for change of name
Chat messages with me when we were dating

That's it folks. Wishing everyone on this journey the very best of luck. Cheers.

W shocked W! Yours is more than a testimony! I can imagine the tension during those 3 months. Your story is quite inspiring. Congratulations to you and your wife, Jblogs38.cheesy I rejoice with you both.

3 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by LagosismyHome(f): 6:33pm On Sep 21, 2022
Jblogs38:
VISA ALERT UPDATE

All glory goes to God.

Congrats...May God bless your new journey

Na wa for UKVI, 3 months for a work visa...smh. many inefficiency everywhere . Thank God you got there in the end

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Mosme: 6:37pm On Sep 21, 2022
Can we connect, I applied on the 9th and got a brp decision but passport has not gotten back to VAC.

indegrees:

8th September
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by aderinsola15(f): 9:10pm On Sep 21, 2022
meetme01:

Yeah. Evaluate that, sit for IELTS and slide into the pool. WES and IELTS are not waste of resources, you can use either in US and UK respectively in case Canada is not coming up. Most healthcare or care assistant jobs in the UK now are gotten through connection or highest bidder. That's the basic truth. However, let's keep pushing, success story is close by.

I did IELTS last year scored 5.5. Hmmmm Connection everywhere. May God help us. I really appreciate your kind response. Thank you and God bless.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by rab4sure: 10:30pm On Sep 21, 2022
Though the company was ready to take me and my family, I decided to go alone first

Topmc:

Alhamdullilah, big congrats
It's family or single applicant?
What documents you submitted
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by rab4sure: 10:47pm On Sep 21, 2022
I was in your shoe for the last 3 weeks, If only I knew what I'm about to tell you.
Company sent me a successful decision letter on the 4th and since then I've been waiting, my wife advised I should just go to tls contact that the highest they can do is send me back, but I'm feeling wiser than myself showing her the decision letter specifically said I should not go until I got a collection mail. After intense pressure from someone over there with the company this week monday, I realized the company already got collection mail since 5th of this month. So I went to tls and they didn't even ask for the mail but just the collection printout they gave me on my biometric day. So if you have it just go to tls

Davidonkonsults:
After getting decision mail, it's now wait for collection mail. No part is easy.

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by padyt007(m): 12:16am On Sep 22, 2022
Hello house , I need your advice on this , we got married month back, at ikoyi registry, we had sworn an affidavit for change of name for my wife and published it in news paper. The problem now is her passport bear her maiden name but her bvn and NIN bear my surname ( husband surname)as we able to update those easily . We are planing of applying next week . Do we apply for change of name for her passport ( it kinda of stress full with corrections of passport name and likes) or apply with same passport, mind you I am the dependant . Also will she apply with her maiden name or my surname

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by alakara(m): 12:34am On Sep 22, 2022
Jblogs38:
VISA ALERT UPDATE

All glory goes to God.

Visa Application for me (main applicant)- 15th June

Visa Application for wife (Dependant)- 16th June

Biometrics date for Main applicant- 21st June

Biometrics date for Dependant- 24th June

Application moved to DMC- 21st June
Application Received by DMC 21st June

Application moved to VAC 20th September for both Main applicant and Dependant
Application received from VAC and notification email 20th September for both Main applicant and Dependant
No
Passport pick up for both Main applicant and Dependant- 21 September.

This has taken 3 months. I was frustrated, made alot of paid calls and sent paid emails and even sent an official complaint, but it has ended in praise. God has been so faithful after the two refusals I got from Canada study permit applications and the crazy amount of money I lost in the Process ( I paid a canadian registered consultant 3000 dollars + huge bank charges). God came through, after all that stress, I have gotten my visas. I could have lost hope after losing all that money and going through the pain of refusal, it almost wrecked my marriage. But I kept pushing because I knew I deserved more, I knew I was meant for more. This is the story of A lawyer 13 years at the Bar who is transitioning into IT as a Business Analyst. It is the start of a new chapter. All I am trying to say is - don't give up on your dreams and when you fall, get up, dust your yourself off and try again. You only fail when you stop trying.

Documents submitted
Main applicant

COS Letter
Tuberculosis test result
UK Masters degree certificate (for proof of knowledge of English)
Police Criminal report for Nigeria and UK
Dollar Bank statement
Bank Letter
Previous UK travel stamps

Dependant
Main applicant COS letter
Main applicant dollar bank statement
Marriage certificate
Marriage pictures
Newspaper publication for change of name
Affidavit for change of name
Chat messages with me when we were dating

That's it folks. Wishing everyone on this journey the very best of luck. Cheers.

Congratulations.
Pls,concerning Business Analysis, do you self study or you went study at a tech academy?
If you self study, pls which resources did you use.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Davidonkonsults: 4:04am On Sep 22, 2022
rab4sure:
I was in your shoe for the last 3 weeks, If only I knew what I'm about to tell you.
Company sent me a successful decision letter on the 4th and since then I've been waiting, my wife advised I should just go to tls contact that the highest they can do is send me back, but I'm feeling wiser than myself showing her the decision letter specifically said I should not go until I got a collection mail. After intense pressure from someone over there with the company this week monday, I realized the company already got collection mail since 5th of this month. So I went to tls and they didn't even ask for the mail but just the collection printout they gave me on my biometric day. So if you have it just go to tls

Hi. I just sent you a pm.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Mosme: 4:21am On Sep 22, 2022
You do not need all that, just upload with her maiden name and submit your wedding certificate. You are good to go. You can add pictures and chats if you like. I didn't add anything but I have been married a year just submitted like that and we have gotten brp letter.
padyt007:
Hello house , I need your advice on this , we got married month back, at ikoyi registry, we had sworn an affidavit for change of name for my wife and published it in news paper. The problem now is her passport bear her maiden name but her bvn and NIN bear my surname ( husband surname)as we able to update those easily . We are planing of applying next week . Do we apply for change of name for her passport ( it kinda of stress full with corrections of passport name and likes) or apply with same passport, mind you I am the dependant . Also will she apply with her maiden name or my surname

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by LagosismyHome(f): 9:12am On Sep 22, 2022
padyt007:

Change of name is a personal decision. If you change it fine, if you don't change it fine. It doesn't add or remove anything from the visa process

What you need is a valid marriage license and some pictures if needed
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by stevogra: 11:51am On Sep 22, 2022
Good day Gurus in the house,

I need a piece of an advice please. My wife COS (H&C) came without maintenance and I just have to move fund to my account (Partner) since we are all applying together with 3 dependants. We have to wait for 28 days before we can apply for visa.
My question is, since we are applying together, can the main applicant (wife) application be done with priority service while the partner and dependants application is done with standard application.

Thank you for your helpful response.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by LagosismyHome(f): 12:10pm On Sep 22, 2022
stevogra:
Good day Gurus in the house,

I need a piece of an advice please. My wife COS (H&C) came without maintenance and I just have to move fund to my account (Partner) since we are all applying together with 3 dependants. We have to wait for 28 days before we can apply for visa.
My question is, since we are applying together, can the main applicant (wife) application be done with priority service while the partner and dependants application is done with standard application.

Thank you for your helpful response.

Yes offcourse to the bold, that even the proper way lol.. ...see the guidelines

1 Share

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by AABGrace(m): 1:04pm On Sep 22, 2022
Yes offcourse to the bold, that even the proper way lol.. ...see the guidelines [/quote]

Good day ma'm

I sent a PM. Thanks
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by fassy29(m): 3:24pm On Sep 22, 2022
Hi guys, for those who are teachers/into teaching, check out this route to go to UK as a teacher;

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/teach-in-england-if-you-qualified-outside-the-uk/teach-in-england-if-you-qualified-outside-the-uk

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by stevogra: 5:00pm On Sep 22, 2022
LagosismyHome:

Yes offcourse to the bold, that even the proper way lol.. ...see the guidelines

Please I need clarification on the fee payable for priority service for visa application. Is it £250 or £500?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Phenmeson(m): 5:24pm On Sep 22, 2022
Evening all.
For those in UK who already applied for Tier2 and received COS.

An applicant made job application on Indeed for care jobs.
This email was received after the application
1. Are you happy to relocate to surrounding areas for this role?
2. Do you have previous care experience in the UK?
3. What is your current Right to Work (your Visa) in the UK, and when does it expire?
4. Do you hold a valid full UK or International Driving License?
5. Do you have use of a vehicle for work?
6. Are you male or female?
7. Are you happy to complete a probation period UP TO 12 weeks before obtaining the sponsorship, to ensure you are happy in the role before sponsorship commences?
8. Are you happy to pay a £3k referral fee to put you forward to one of our clients offering the sponsorship?

Is this genuine offer?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by leef2022: 5:28pm On Sep 22, 2022
stevogra:

Please I need clarification on the fee payable for priority service for visa application. Is it £250 or £500?

£500 priority 1-5WDs
£800 super priority. 1-3WDs

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by solufemiwa(m): 5:48pm On Sep 22, 2022
House good day.. please what option do I have available to make payment to NARIC from Nigeria. I cant use my dollar card. I'm just tired.

People should help me please. I need options if anyone pay recently. Please help me
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 6:06pm On Sep 22, 2022
solufemiwa:
House good day.. please what option do I have available to make payment to NARIC from Nigeria. I cant use my dollar card. I'm just tired.

People should help me please. I need options if anyone pay recently. Please help me

Go and open dollar or GBP dorm account...buy foreign currency from aboki.. fund it..u will get dollar or pounds card from the bank to do you international transaction...

...jappa runs has small wahala.....pele....
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 6:08pm On Sep 22, 2022
Phenmeson:
Evening all.

3. What is your current Right to Work (your Visa) in the UK, and when does it expire?
7. Are you happy to complete a probation period UP TO 12 weeks before obtaining the sponsorship, to ensure you are happy in the role before sponsorship commences?
8. Are you happy to pay a £3k referral fee to put you forward to one of our clients offering the sponsorship?

Is this genuine offer?

Japaaaaaaa
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by leef2022: 6:12pm On Sep 22, 2022
solufemiwa:

Visit your bank you hold a dollar account with and request that the transaction limit be updated if that is permissible, or you could open a dollar account with another bank that would permit such transaction, move funds from current to the new account and do the transaction
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by solufemiwa(m): 6:30pm On Sep 22, 2022
advanceDNA:

Go and open dollar or GBP dorm account...buy foreign currency from aboki.. fund it..u will get dollar or pounds card from the bank to do you international transaction...

...jappa runs has small wahala.....pele....

Thank you
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by solufemiwa(m): 6:30pm On Sep 22, 2022
leef2022:

Visit your bank you hold a dollar account with and request that the transaction limit be updated if that is permissible, or you could open a dollar account with another bank that would permit such transaction, move funds from current to the new account and do the transaction

Thank you.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Phenmeson(m): 7:41pm On Sep 22, 2022
advanceDNA:

Japaaaaaaa

Tanx padi mi. Funniest part is if the job can be advertised on Indeed. I get enough respect for Indeed. Na d concluding part of when they said if the referral fee is paid so they can speak to the client I for smell something.
I hope newbies in 9ja won't fall victim ooo
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Davidonkonsults: 6:53am On Sep 23, 2022
Phenmeson:
Evening all.

Is this genuine offer?
Offer seems for people already in the uk. All the same... Run o
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Gensece: 8:29am On Sep 23, 2022
solufemiwa:

Thank you.

When none of the suggested options worked for me I had to get someone to pay from UK while I fund his local account on an agreed fx rate.
That was very fast.

Upon all I am yet to obtain any COS offer ooo
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Jblogs38: 9:24am On Sep 23, 2022
alakara:

Thank you. I had conducted about three bootcamps but the one that was instrumental was Almond Careers. I advise that you check them out on instagram. They are very good. I got an IT job without certification, who would have thought that was possible. They provide you with the practical experience required to apply for jobs, they also prep your CV for you and will give you reference when you get a job. Trust me, they are amazing. I am indebted to them.

Congratulations.
Pls,concerning Business Analysis, do you self study or you went study at a tech academy?
If you self study, pls which resources did you use.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by alakara(m): 9:56am On Sep 23, 2022
[quote author=Jblogs38 post=116934081][/quote]

Thank you very much.
I checked them out, they are loaded.

(1) (2) (3) ... (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) ... (608) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

Viewing this topic: AmbFitsaint(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.