Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,442 members, 7,836,772 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route - Travel (345) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route (859486 Views)

UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) ... (608) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by omusiliyu(m): 8:07pm On Feb 23, 2023
prinzeindygo:
Which one to select my people
It depends on what you want to use it for.
If it’s according to this thread (care job), you’ll choose General Training.

But if it’s for Studies or Professional Exam, you will need Academics

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by tiptoe1: 8:20pm On Feb 23, 2023
prinzeindygo:

Both are accepted for a skilled worker visa
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Ferrarilord: 9:51pm On Feb 23, 2023
jagbasneh:

The chances is very high so far you don't receive refusal mail
they got their visas grin thanks

3 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Crazyduck45: 6:53am On Feb 24, 2023
slimanyd:

Baba, forget talk. U never jam better link ni o. We now have many road side mechanics now calling themselves agents giving cos wey no get work to people . Probably, u or ur contacts fell into one of those people hand. Just like one dude said in the previous page that he got to UK and those agents sef no fear anything as he wanted to report them. Now, if those ones process u cos, ask urself, how won't they send back such candidate wey just get cos without work? Cos at the point of entry. They might scrutinised u and the company ure going to work aswell.

Please i like to ask your opinion as regards the work COS but you don’t have to work for the company. Is it actually possible or the COS na fake?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by slimanyd: 8:10am On Feb 24, 2023
Crazyduck45:

Please i like to ask your opinion as regards the work COS but you don’t have to work for the company. Is it actually possible or the COS na fake?

It's possible, some agents do tell there clients but some won't because they know we are desperate to japa. No cos is fake. But if u get cos. And u did not do anything like documentations b4 leaving the shores of this country. Then ,its possible the cos no come with work meaning nah u go hustle for job once u enter.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Generalkoke: 11:09am On Feb 24, 2023
Lol how do you hustle for work? You can only do 20hrs per week legally...Getting a cash payment job is tough,same as off N.I jobs.. You will get frustrated
slimanyd:

It's possible, some agents do tell there clients but some won't because they know we are desperate to japa. No cos is fake. But if u get cos. And u did not do anything like documentations b4 leaving the shores of this country. Then ,its possible the cos no come with work meaning nah u go hustle for job once u enter.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by YoungG4life: 1:00pm On Feb 24, 2023
Hello Gurus please I need your opinion.

Someone is asking that I help them bring their drivers licence which they couldn't pick up before travelling. Is it advisable that I carry another person's drivers ID while travelling? Would I be held at the airport by immigration or airport security? The same person wants me to help them also carry shoes but I declined and I don't know this person just someone that got my contact while searching for accommodation in the UK. Please I'm a first time traveller I need your honest opinion

Thanks
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Sparekey(m): 1:50pm On Feb 24, 2023
Good day house, I got a mail that my Ielts result is ready, but when I log in I could not find any result. Status changed to result
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by mimilyrics: 2:07pm On Feb 24, 2023
Let the person use DHL except you're absolutely sure that the person you're taking to is the one whose name appears on the DL - also have proof that that's the case so you don't get charged for ID theft or something else.
YoungG4life:

Someone is asking that I help them bring their drivers licence which they couldn't pick up before travelling. Is it advisable that I carry another person's drivers ID while travelling? Would I be held at the airport by immigration or airport security? The same person wants me to help them also carry shoes but I declined and I don't know this person just someone that got my contact while searching for accommodation in the UK. Please I'm a first time traveller I need your honest opinion

Thanks

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by scardi: 2:23pm On Feb 24, 2023
Don't carry shoes, laptop, clothes, books for anybody because drugs can be hidden in them

YoungG4life:

Thanks
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Dampops(m): 3:10pm On Feb 24, 2023
Be patient

Sparekey:
Good day house, I got a mail that my Ielts result is ready, but when I log in I could not find any result. Status changed to result
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by santos247(m): 4:14pm On Feb 24, 2023
There is no harm in helping the person.
THose who have not travelled before may express reservations because of the things they hear and read about. A driver's license is just a plastic ID card. HOlding somebody's ID does not equate to identity theft since you are not claiming you are the person. Put it inside your luggaed or hand bag and nobody will trouble you.
People help others carry things like international passport, certificate etc. Depending on who, people help others carry food stuff, clothese, shoes bags etc. if you know them well enough.
I have helped a female friend (PhD student carry black soap from Naija to South Africa and I have carried food stuff enter Europe.
LIfe is not that hard oo

YoungG4life:

Thanks

5 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Oyefemmy: 5:04pm On Feb 24, 2023
Pls can you confirm which mail you replied to with the documents

Is it UKVINHSTEAM OR WORKSPONSORED DOCUMENTSREQUEST MAIL

DreamerDoer:
VISA ALERT!!!

3 Dependants Visas - Standard application
Biometric - 8th February
Application moved to DMC - 9th February
Got a NSF mail for unmarried Partner (proof of relationship and proof of address) and to resend Clear Copies of Children's Birth Certificate - 14th February
Resent old pictures, chats, affidavits, children hospital cards and family hospital cards, PCC and bank accounts statements -17th February
Application moved to VAC on February 22nd
Application received by VAC on February 22nd
Collection mail from TLS received on February 22nd
BRP mail received today February 23rd
DHL delivered today February 23rd

Thank you to everyone who never hesitate to be of help in terms of informations and clarification, God bless You.
To all those waiting for their own good news, It will end in praise for you.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Najm(m): 6:31pm On Feb 24, 2023
1. Please I Want to ask if the DMC calls the sponsor during a UK Work visa application to confirm if they know the employee?

2. If I have used my sister's home address as where and who I will be staying with when I get into the UK, will they call her to confirm if she's aware of this arrangement?
Thanks
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Erebeshe: 7:23pm On Feb 24, 2023
bukonlami:
Good day guys,please is it okay if my employers engage the service of a solicitor to fill my visa application without even giving me my COS first.

Link me up bro, if you dont mind

Been hunting for jobs like forever
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by slimanyd: 7:26pm On Feb 24, 2023
Najm:
1. Please I Want to ask if the DMC calls the sponsor during a UK Work visa application to confirm if they know the employee?

Yes /No. Why should you be afraid if they call ur sponsor? Haven't you done or started you documentation with your sponsor yet if u already have your cos?

2. If I have used my sister's home address as where and who I will be staying with when I get into the UK, will they call her to confirm if she's aware of this arrangement?
Thanks

The address is just a formality.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Sparekey(m): 9:38pm On Feb 24, 2023
Ielts is out, not a bad one..

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by akangunapase: 10:31pm On Feb 24, 2023
prinzeindygo:

If you are going for Skilled worker visa, select UKVI general and avoid plenty explanations.

UKVI ✅

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Doyou2019: 7:51am On Feb 25, 2023
Sparekey:
Ielts is out, not a bad one..

Not bad at all.
Congrats mate.
With what materials did you use for preparations? Mine is in 6 weeks. IELTS moved it from Feb 24 all the way to April.
It's just crayy
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by macdessy: 8:02am On Feb 25, 2023
Hello, I just want to share a bit of information.

My friend applied for skilled worker visa on the 1st Feb, priority service.
Additional documents requested and NSF on 6th Feb.
She submitted the additional documents on the 8th feb.

Visa granted on the 15th feb
Brp mail on the 19th Feb.

Additional documents requested for are
Qualification and work experience for the job
How did she know about the job
Who interviewed her
If she was interviewed, how was it conducted
Was the job advertised, if yes where?
Copy of employment contract.

Thanks.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Goodly1: 9:13am On Feb 25, 2023
macdessy:

Who interviewed her

Thanks.
Hmm, nawa for this UKVI ooh!😳 I think they're doing this mostly to people that got private offers. With the way these people are requesting docs nowadays eehn, everybody needs to be careful & well prepared o.🤔
Please what's the job title and is it NHS or a private company.
Thank you for telling us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Efep: 9:19am On Feb 25, 2023
macdessy:

Who interviewed her

Thanks.
what was the documents she submitted for the evidence of previous employment
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by macdessy: 11:03am On Feb 25, 2023
Goodly1:

Hmm, nawa for this UKVI ooh!😳 I think they're doing this mostly to people that got private offers. With the way these people are requesting docs nowadays eehn, everybody needs to be careful & well prepared o.🤔
Please what's the job title and is it NHS or a private company.
Thank you for telling us.

She got the sponsorship directly from the employer.

The company has more than 6 braches of care homes with at least 80 service users in each.

Senior Health Care Assistant
Private.

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by macdessy: 11:17am On Feb 25, 2023
Efep:
what was the documents she submitted for the evidence of previous employment

Work reference letter stating the start date of the job and how long she has been working there.

In the letter, her job roles was stated like experience personal care,medication administration,etc Google can help

And she already has the reference letter since January,it was one of the requirements before she was issued COS.

So the date on the reference letter showed January,not February that they requested for additional documents.

Qualification
Florence care training certificate she did since October 2022, it is valid for one year. She submitted about 20 CPD training in one pdf attachment.

She did not answer the question of recruitment verbally.

She submitted the letter of interview invitation on the care home company letter head.
The letter answers the questions too. It was sign by the company HR.

Thank you for showing interest on the job role advertised on...........(CV library,indeed, total jobs) depends on where it was advertised.

I would like to invite you for interview on .........

Some email correspondence between the employer and her self.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Ama15(f): 11:25am On Feb 25, 2023
macdessy:

Work reference letter stating the start date of the job and how long she has been working there.

In the letter, her job roles was stated like experience personal care,medication administration,etc Google can help

And she already has the reference letter since January,it was one of the requirements before she was issued COS.

So the date on the reference letter showed January,not February that they requested for additional documents.

Qualification
Florence care training certificate she did since October 2022, it is valid for one year. She submitted about 20 CPD training in one pdf attachment.

She submitted the letter of interview invitation on the care home company letter head.

Thank you for showing interest on the job role advertised on...........(CV library,indeed, total jobs) depends on where it was advertised.

Thank you for this information, really appreciated. My candidate did her biometrics on 20th February, I will ask her to get her paperwork in order just in case.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by rukkyberry: 1:09pm On Feb 25, 2023
Hello everyone, thank you for all the enlightenment.
My visa and that of my dependants came out on the 17th of February.

My CoS start date is 11th February but I couldn't make it, my employer understands and is not presurring me

Now I want to ask, the expiry date of the CoS is 23rd march, if I leave after that date, will I have issue with UK border when I get to the airport please

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by slimanyd: 1:31pm On Feb 25, 2023
rukkyberry:
Hello everyone, thank you for all the enlightenment.
My visa and that of my dependants came out on the 17th of February.

My CoS start date is 11th February but I couldn't make it, my employer understands and is not presurring me

Now I want to ask, the expiry date of the CoS is 23rd march, if I leave after that date, will I have issue with UK border when I get to the airport please

Bro. Wetin u dey pick and carry till 23rd of march go meet you for naija. Seems ur village people dey wink you small small. First ur start date was 11th, Ur employer no talk , Now, U dey wait make u wait till your cos expire for ur hand in naija. Lol. My brother. I wish say u be my brother. Nah original oriamo cord I go wire am. Once u get ur visa. Atmost 2 weeks. Japa straight away. By ticket of 2 weeks ahead because of cost. That's enough.

9 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by OJInsight: 2:36pm On Feb 25, 2023
Hi everyone,please am trying to apply for skilled workers visa. Do I need to add dependant information here or I can do their own later because I plan to apply first?

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by eliascomm55: 3:10pm On Feb 25, 2023
OJInsight:
Hi everyone,please am trying to apply for skilled workers visa. Do I need to add dependant information here or I can do their own later because I plan to apply first?
Add the dependant details there if you are the main applicant
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by OJInsight: 3:14pm On Feb 25, 2023
eliascomm55:
Add the dependant details there if you are the main applicant

Thanks for your reply. Please do you mean I can add their details even when they are not applying for visa now?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Goodly1: 7:55pm On Feb 25, 2023
macdessy:

She got the sponsorship directly from the employer.

The company has more than 6 braches of care homes with at least 80 service users in each.

Senior Health Care Assistant
Private.
OK, thanks for the information. Best wishes to your sister.🙌
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Efep: 8:18pm On Feb 25, 2023
macdessy:

Qualification

Thanks alot

(1) (2) (3) ... (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) ... (608) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.