Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,223 members, 7,818,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route - Travel (380) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route (847918 Views)

UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) ... (607) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by MsLane: 6:45pm On Apr 08, 2023
Is it okay to buy a one-way ticket for this Skilled Work visa route?
Will it be an issue at the POE?
Or better to do a return ticket?
Everything is so expensive
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Drey1: 6:59pm On Apr 08, 2023
abuhusna1:

5 years us the best after which you become permanent residence but for 3 years if care job is stopped giving sponsorship along the line you can't renew with care job again

Lol. It doesn't work like that bro. Someone with 3years might have a headway more than those of 5years. Ask urself if the company that gave u 5years is all about doing biz nko. What's gonna be ur fate if there license is revoked. ? And moreover be it 3 or 5years. There is room for renewal askong as ure already in the system . Even if the cos path is stopped. Ure already in the country. Not like ure overseas again.

3 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Drey1: 7:01pm On Apr 08, 2023
MsLane:
Is it okay to buy a one-way ticket for this Skilled Work visa route?
Will it be an issue at the POE?
Or better to do a return ticket?
Everything is so expensive

Lol. Nah only one way ticket u suppose buy before Nah. Ure a worker not visitor.

4 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Mallamkettle: 8:22pm On Apr 08, 2023
Guys please I need help. My kid and I applied for visa and was granted. But I came into the UK alone because I want to hustle before bringing her. Now I don't think I am ready financially to bring her before her entry visa expires. Will it be a problem if I let her current visa expires and then re apply for her in the next 6 months?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 8:38pm On Apr 08, 2023
Mallamkettle:
Guys please I need help. My kid and I applied for visa and was granted. But I came into the UK alone because I want to hustle before bringing her. Now I don't think I am ready financially to bring her before her entry visa expires. Will it be a problem if I let her current visa expires and then re apply for her in the next 6 months?

No wahala if u are not ready..
..i dont think u will have to apply for another visa all over again for ur kid......its just vignette replacement with a new validity that u will apply for..if i remember i think its just £154 to replace your expired vignette.

But ur kid will have to go to TLS all over again to prove identity by confirming biometrics information

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by pretty1986: 8:56pm On Apr 08, 2023
KingDeity:
Good morning everyone. I'm very new here. I'm a registered nurse working here in Nigeria. I plan relocating to the UK via the Healthcare assistant visa, then finish up my OSCE in the UK and get my RN PIN to practice as Band 5 Nurse. Please has anyone here ever tried this route before? If yes, how feasible is it? I'm not in a haste to leave Nigeria, as I work in an oil company.

I just wanna be sure that I'm making the right decision, don't wanna be suck in another man's land. All suggestion would really be appreciated.

Thank you
My dear let me also advise you for another alternative,if you have money.I just apply for a One year Masters degree program in uk with a cheaper tuition fee.Use the route and enter UK, while doing the Masters,then write your OSCE and get your PIN,then switch from student visa to working visa there in uk.and I believe you can easily get Nurse job there, because most employers now prefer overseas nurses that are already in Uk.so if you couldn't get health assistant job offer from here in Nigeria,then try use study route.Only if you can afford it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Generalkoke: 9:10pm On Apr 08, 2023
U are expecting the demon that wants to exploit and súck u dry you to be considerate??

are u trying to be funny or u are just naive??

grin
[/quote]
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Mallamkettle: 9:17pm On Apr 08, 2023
advanceDNA:

No wahala if u are not ready..
..i dont think u will have to apply for another visa all over again for ur kid......its just vignette replacement with a new validity that u will apply for..if i remember i think its just £154 to replace your expired vignette.

But ur kid will have to go to TLS all over again to prove identity by confirming biometrics information

I tried to do a vignette transfer but at the end I discovered they were charging about 610 dollars which is the initial fee for the application and not 154 pounds.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 9:27pm On Apr 08, 2023
Mallamkettle:

I tried to do a vignette transfer but at the end I discovered they were charging about 610 dollars which is the initial fee for the application and not 154 pounds.

Maybe fees has changed.....
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by leef2022: 12:03am On Apr 09, 2023
Trinity101:

Which free? Most of the sites where these jobs are advertised, you hardly see any that sponsor oversea applicants and when you ask people here where they apply for the jobs, they keep mute. Don't that tell you that they pay for it through agents? And find it very difficult to give out information on how they went about it but they'll rush here to ask for vital information about visa application and other things and expect people to answer and assist them. Selfish Nigerian citizens[b][/b] everywhere!

Don't come on here to abuse, claim or play any victim card if things go the wrong way between you and an agent.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by leef2022: 12:06am On Apr 09, 2023
Hmmm, some pgs on this thread has become "marketplace" the kind of monies/quotes i read, no be here ooooooo.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by dee1504: 7:12am On Apr 09, 2023
KingDeity:
Good morning everyone. I'm very new here. I'm a registered nurse working here in Nigeria. I plan relocating to the UK via the Healthcare assistant visa, then finish up my OSCE in the UK and get my RN PIN to practice as Band 5 Nurse. Please has anyone here ever tried this route before? If yes, how feasible is it? I'm not in a haste to leave Nigeria, as I work in an oil company.

I just wanna be sure that I'm making the right decision, don't wanna be suck in another man's land. All suggestion would really be appreciated.

Thank you

It's very feasible. I have heard of a Medical Doctor who went as Healthcare Assistant just so they can raise money for PLAB. If you're a RN as you claim and have a very good number of years of experience, you can apply to NHS Trusts that are still recruiting from abroad as an Healthcare Assistant. They can even assist you in getting your UKRN licence.

I have also heard that working as a Healthcare assistant sometimes pays better than a Band 5 Nurse (when you consider the availability of long shifts, overnight shifts, lower tax band). In all, I would advise that you research extensively so as to be sure that being in Nigeria won't be better for you financially than moving to the UK since you're working in an oil company.

I hope this helps

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by hayesconcept(m): 10:11am On Apr 09, 2023
Let you kid come first and spend like a week. You can collect her Brp and then return her to Naija. With that she can come anytime you are done with hustling of a thing. Ire oo
Mallamkettle:

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Zupay: 10:22am On Apr 09, 2023
KolaShangOne:

That would be crazy!

Even 10,000 -15,000 GBP for a COS is crazy.

I know many Nigerian postgraduate students here in the UK who switched to skilled worker visa, paying between 7,000 -10,000 GBP, though some have monthly instalment payment plan.

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Trinity101(m): 11:03am On Apr 09, 2023
leef2022:

Don't come on here to abuse, claim or play any victim card if things go the wrong way between you and an agent.

Would you just shut your mouth if you don't know what to say! I've not even had any contact with any agent talk more of anything going wrong. It seems you read without comprehending. It's your type that will see someone making inquiry which you've the answer to it, you'll see it and skip but when the person vent, you'll come out of your hiding place to spew trash. You have not been seeing my previous comments here, it is this one that you will respond to. Maybe is guilty conscience.

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Nobody: 1:35pm On Apr 09, 2023
Please can someone use any of these online banks for POF such as KUDA, PALMPAY bank statement?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by leef2022: 1:52pm On Apr 09, 2023
Trinity101:

Would you just shut your mouth if you don't know what to say! I've not even had any contact with any agent talk more of anything going wrong. It seems you read without comprehending. It's your type that will see someone making inquiry which you've the answer to it, you'll see it and skip but when the person vent, you'll come out of your hiding place to spew trash. You have not been seeing my previous comments here, it is this one that you will respond to. Maybe is guilty conscience.

You ask me to shut my mouth, then says someone will make inquiry and I will skip even if had the knowledge.... How is it doing you pls? Mate carry you cross, I got mine....
Even on the cross, Christ did not save all mate. Two thieves were crucified with him.
One sort help in a right manner and was forgiven.
Another sort help, yet felt he was entitled to it. You fill in the story and let me know how it ended.
I can't do even an atomic size of what Christ did as I am just a being/human, so if I skip your inquiry, I do so with no guilty or whatsoever.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Trinity101(m): 3:22pm On Apr 09, 2023
leef2022:

You ask me to shut my mouth, then says someone will make inquiry and I will skip even if had the knowledge.... How is it doing you pls? Mate carry you cross, I got mine....
Even on the cross, Christ did not save all mate. Two thieves were crucified with him.
One sort help in a right manner and was forgiven.
Another sort help, yet felt he was entitled to it. You fill in the story and let me know how it ended.
I can't do even an atomic size of what Christ did as I am just a being/human, so if I skip your inquiry, I do so with no guilty or whatsoever.

You should have simply continued to skip and not quote my comment where I expressed my feeling because I didn't tag or mention your name. Anything dished on you, you brought it upon yourself. Learn to mind your business since you don't have anything reasonable to say. You did not see the places questions were asked politely but the one you'll see is the one that prick your conscience. Carry your oversabi shift for corner make I see road.

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Nairae: 3:36pm On Apr 09, 2023
My friend is an experienced welder. He has worked in many multinational companies but did not attend University. Question 1: is welding on UK shartage ocuupation list?
QUESTION 2: Without University education, can he apply for welding work?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Goodly1: 4:25pm On Apr 09, 2023
KingDeity:

Thank you
You're qualifed for both nursing and HCA roles, so choose whichever you want. If you want to go there as a nurse, you'll have to pass the NMC required IELTS band score. But if you want to go as a HCA, then you just have to apply for it on NHS jobs website.

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Nairae: 4:27pm On Apr 09, 2023
Great work you are doing !!!!!

My relatives has an OND diploma in Business Administration. She is applying for a CAREGIVER job which I think is also CARE ASSISTANT.

1. Will she be required to submit her TRANSCRIPT?

2. Will she write IELTS?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Goodly1: 4:28pm On Apr 09, 2023
yamunla:
Please guys I need advice.

I already did ielts ukvi-band 6
TB test
And I have 2 reference in clinic I have worked before in Nigeria.

What else do I need to present to a care home so I can get COS

And which website is the best for me to apply to this care homes in any UK country.

Please I need response as I want to DIY
Start applying for HCA roles on NHS jobs free of charge, unless you have excess money to pay to private care homes before they can offer you CoS, since it's now extremely hard for them to give it free to overseas applicants.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Goodly1: 4:30pm On Apr 09, 2023
dimejalex:
Helllo house I did interview this morning with a care house and answer the questions correctly and I got a mail I didn’t pass the interview. the one question I didn’t answer was integrity she ask about integrity what more can I do
Welcome to the world of patience, determination and trying again after each failure. Many have failed a hundred times but they're still pushing. So just keep trying, and also keep updating your skills and knowledge.

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by yamunla(m): 4:31pm On Apr 09, 2023
Goodly1:

Start applying for HCA roles on NHS jobs free of charge, unless you have excess money to pay to private care homes before they can offer you CoS, since it's now extremely hard for them to give it free to overseas applicants.
Ok.thank you.

But what is the probability of getting COS.

Make person no go just dey fetch water inside basket

(1) (2) (3) ... (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) ... (607) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.