Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,117 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route - Travel (378) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route (844946 Views)

UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) ... (606) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 10:23pm On Apr 05, 2023
Ayhomes:
Hi Nairalanders I have a question that concerns my personal person ooo..he has BRP and he was in the UK last month but presently in Nigeria, just last week the license of the Sponsor was revoked and he wants to travel to the UK next week. Please all the Guru in the house can he travel with my BRP? . Is going for 10 days.

What are u saying...?? Can he travel with your BRP??

See.. once sponsor licence is revoked...ur visa gets cancelled.....if u are in the uk...u have 60day grace to get another job and sponsor or get the fvck out....

If u are outside the uk....gobé...what a wrong time to go nigeria......spirit of village pple has done it again.....

The matter is....u might not be able to get into the uk at the POE unless u are lucky that by some miracle ur visa has not been cancelled before u get to POE....its risky....better not to fly at all...

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by DoDirtsLikeWorm(m): 10:23pm On Apr 05, 2023
Posh:
Please, house, I have an important question to ask.

I was contacted by a hospital in the UK for a job as a laboratory officer. They even linked me to the British embassy which has been sending me mails.

The embassy asked my employer in the UK to pay a visa reg fee of 1350 pounds for me and they paid and sent me the payslip to sent to the embassy.
The embassy now asked me to pay for a BTA of 500 pounds in naira through my Nigerian account and the money ll be issued to me through a travellers cheque when I come for my visa appointment.

They said they won't give me an appointment until I pay the money into their account.
I complained to my employer in the UK, but he sent me mail saying payment of BTA is my responsibility.
I don't know whether all these are genuine cos how can they waste 1350 pounds just like that? Please someone should advise me appropriately. No insults, pls.

SCAM!!! 🤣 E no go end there ooO...
If you done commit, you go dey pay dey go in order to recover what you've committed already.

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Ayhomes(m): 10:39pm On Apr 05, 2023
advanceDNA:

What are u saying...?? Can he travel with your BRP??

See.. once sponsor licence is revoked...ur visa gets cancelled.....if u are in the uk...u have 60day grace to get another job and sponsor or get the fvck out....

If u are outside the uk....gobé...what a wrong time to go nigeria......spirit of village pple has done it again.....

The matter is....u might not be able to get into the uk at the POE unless u are lucky that by some miracle ur visa has not been cancelled before u get to POE....its risky....better not to fly at all...
thanks for this response really appreciate it but using Fvck out is not the nice word to use. Nothing like village people here he doe not plan to live in the UK.

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 10:53pm On Apr 05, 2023
Ayhomes:
thanks for this response really appreciate it but using Fvck out is not the nice word to use. Nothing like village people here he doe not plan to live in the UK.

Okay no vex.... he should not get the fvck out......he should over stay his visa

If he ddnt want to stay in uk...whats he doing with a sponsor... or mayb i ddnt get ur explanation

4 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Trinity101(m): 12:01am On Apr 06, 2023
Osa4:

COS is FREE !!

Which free? Most of the sites where these jobs are advertised, you hardly see any that sponsor oversea applicants and when you ask people here where they apply for the jobs, they keep mute. Don't that tell you that they pay for it through agents? And find it very difficult to give out information on how they went about it but they'll rush here to ask for vital information about visa application and other things and expect people to answer and assist them. Selfish Nigerian citizens everywhere!

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by dee1504: 5:00am On Apr 06, 2023
Posh:
Please, house, I have an important question to ask.

I was contacted by a hospital in the UK for a job as a laboratory officer. They even linked me to the British embassy which has been sending me mails.

The embassy asked my employer in the UK to pay a visa reg fee of 1350 pounds for me and they paid and sent me the payslip to sent to the embassy.
The embassy now asked me to pay for a BTA of 500 pounds in naira through my Nigerian account and the money ll be issued to me through a travellers cheque when I come for my visa appointment.

They said they won't give me an appointment until I pay the money into their account.
I complained to my employer in the UK, but he sent me mail saying payment of BTA is my responsibility.
I don't know whether all these are genuine cos how can they waste 1350 pounds just like that? Please someone should advise me appropriately. No insults, pls.

SCAM!!!.
- What time does embassy have to be sending you email personally to put in your application?
- Besides, British embassy does not handle visa application, TLSContact does.
- Also, BTA is for those on visit visa not those on work visa and its Banks that issue BTA not embassy.
- Visa fee no even reach 1350 Pounds
Too many RED FLAGS.

Don't you dare fall for it

5 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by dee1504: 5:16am On Apr 06, 2023
Ayhomes:
Hi Nairalanders I have a question that concerns my personal person ooo..he has BRP and he was in the UK last month but presently in Nigeria, just last week the license of the Sponsor was revoked and he wants to travel to the UK next week. Please all the Guru in the house can he travel with his BRP? . Is going for 10 days. Can he enter the UK ?

Its a 50/50 situation. The rule says he has 60 days to leave or find another job after expiry of visa. Which means his BRP should be valid for 60 days after the company lose their licence. Not sure about this but he can still go ahead to travel.

At worst, he can claim at POE that his reason for returning is to remove his personal effects from the UK and plans to return immediately, if he encounters any issues. A return ticket would make it more convincing.

I hope this helps

3 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Wisdom7400(m): 6:58am On Apr 06, 2023
Breaking news!
6145 will no longer be in the shortage occupation list from 13th of april. 6141 has been introduced and 6146 still remains but u need a min of 2 years experience for 6146.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Mykelpato(m): 7:28am On Apr 06, 2023
Wisdom7400:
Breaking news!
6145 will no longer be in the shortage occupation list from 13th of april. 6141 has been introduced and 6146 still remains but u need a min of 2 years experience for 6146.
You guys have started again to create another panic ? It’s no longer about Red list and blue list abi?
Everything about occupation code change et all has been explained and the panic you’re trying to create is laughable, even the UKVI that made some changes never came out to make this type of announcement.

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by tiptoe1: 7:50am On Apr 06, 2023
Mykelpato:

You guys have started again to create another panic ? It’s no longer about Red list and blue list abi?
Everything about occupation code change et all has been explained and the panic you’re trying to create is laughable, even the UKVI that made some changes never came out to make this type of announcement.

That code is even for the global visa mobility and scale up visa route. There's 6141 which you just uploaded and care worker are still eligible, he even added breaking news just to put more pressure grin grin

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Mykelpato(m): 8:02am On Apr 06, 2023
tiptoe1:

That code is even for the global visa mobility and scale up visa route. There's 6141 whuch you just uploaded and care worker and still eligible, he even added breaking news just to put more pressure grin grin
Yes!That’s how they heat up the polity and put pressure on japarians it’s very unfortunate. The UK never came out to announce that any changes have been made as regards to care workers, people are still applying for visa under the code that has always been used. I wonder why our Nigerians in the UK keep doing this and causing panic for those intending to relocate.

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by tiptoe1: 8:26am On Apr 06, 2023
Mykelpato:

Yes!That’s how they heat up the polity and put pressure on japarians it’s very unfortunate. The UK never came out to announce that any changes have been made as regards to care workers, people are still applying for visa under the code that has always been used. I wonder why our Nigerians in the UK keep doing this and causing panic for those intending to relocate.

Well what he said isn't actually wrong but he didn't explain it well. The UK government added ÂŁ15M as at febuary to support international recruitment in the care sector so I don't think they can cancel this route for now and if there's any changes, it will be made public.

Make we no pressure ourselves jare
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by MsLane: 8:37am On Apr 06, 2023
Thanks.

Got one.

DoDirtsLikeWorm:

Look further, I was supposed to book earlier but them dates were all coated with mullah, so I looks further and got 29th March.

They need money like politicians needs cash for election now.

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by DoDirtsLikeWorm(m): 9:00am On Apr 06, 2023
dee1504:

Its a 50/50 situation. The rule says he has 60 days to leave or find another job after expiry of visa. Which means his BRP should be valid for 60 days after the company lose their licence. Not sure about this but he can still go ahead to travel.

At worst, he can claim at POE that his reason for returning is to remove his personal effects from the UK and plans to return immediately, if he encounters any issues. A return ticket would make it more convincing.

I hope this helps

Seconded!!
Imagine having properties in your flat and just came down to Nigeria for your compulsory leave and this happenedÂż
I believe there should still be a grace period for you to do the needful with your personal properties tho.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Goodly1: 9:23am On Apr 06, 2023
MsLane:
Thanks.

Got one.

Pls what date did you get for the free one, & which TLS location?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Vitamink: 6:53pm On Apr 06, 2023
ogoloray:

It is well
Notice how nobody responded?

Tells a story about how members of this thread are... everybody's looking to get information. But them tie their own join neck!
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by ADUKKY(f): 7:32pm On Apr 06, 2023
ogoloray:

Tells a story about how members of this thread are... everybody's looking to get information. But them tie their own join neck!

People may not want to respond for fear of being liable should the transaction go south. My opinion though.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 7:42pm On Apr 06, 2023
ADUKKY:

People may not want to respond for fear of being liable should the transaction go south. My opinion though.

Flesh and blood did not reveal this to you....

Agents na ur mate....Agents wey be say......
their behaviour na weather......They can deliver for one person today and run another person street tomorrow.....

There's a popular saying in student visa section: "the only people agents cannot run street are in the grave"..... agents will dupe u and still cause u damage u cant fix until after 10 years..... fear agent oooooo

4 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by tiptoe1: 7:44pm On Apr 06, 2023
ogoloray:

Lol. You no know say VO they nairaland too.

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by MsLane: 11:42pm On Apr 06, 2023
VI
April
Goodly1:

Pls what date did you get for the free one, & which TLS location?

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by MsLane: 11:44pm On Apr 06, 2023
Quick question.
In uploading the documents on TLS, what category should my passport be?
I selected Others. am i correct?

What category should the TB/Police Report and IELTS result be>?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Peterdapox: 8:37am On Apr 07, 2023
MsLane:
Quick question.
In uploading the documents on TLS, what category should my passport be?
I selected Others. am i correct?

What category should the TB/Police Report and IELTS result be>?

TB/ police report - others
IELTS- education

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Opaslim24789: 2:06pm On Apr 07, 2023
Please help me …
My wife just received an offer letter..
Do I need pof too
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Osa4: 2:30pm On Apr 07, 2023
Opaslim24789:
Please help me …
My wife just received an offer letter..
Do I need pof too

If maintenance was ticked Y u don't need POF

If N you need POF

But that is on COS not offer letter
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Opaslim24789: 2:40pm On Apr 07, 2023
Osa4:

If maintenance was ticked Y u don't need POF

If N you need POF

But that is on COS not offer letter

Like how much

(1) (2) (3) ... (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) ... (606) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.