Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,354 members, 7,815,747 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route - Travel (379) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route (845265 Views)

UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) ... (606) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by dee1504: 2:59pm On Apr 07, 2023
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by jesufifunmi: 3:43pm On Apr 07, 2023
Hwy9:
[color=#006600][/color]

Typically, before you can be issued a certificate of sponsorship (COS) by your potential employer. You must have been offered employment in the UK which meets the minimum pay for immigrants.

On accepting the offer, you go through some screening which varies amongst employers. Every employer/organization have specific onboarding activities which varies from background checks, filling of forms, signing some agreements etc.

You are expected to also have prove your knowledge of English language, TB test results (All this have been stated in the first post).

Once you submit all the necessary documents to your employer, they will start processing your COS. You don't have to do anything else but wait patiently till they send it to you. Once you receive the COS, you quote the COS ref number on your visa application.

Let me know if there is any other contribution you think might be helpful.

Hiiiii pls I sent you a DM embarassed
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by beecrofty(m): 6:35pm On Apr 07, 2023
Ayhomes:
thanks for this response really appreciate it but using Fvck out is not the nice word to use. Nothing like village people here he doe not plan to live in the UK.

Uhmmm, he doesn't plan to "live" in the UK but he has a sponsor? How does it work with the sponsor? Because he has to at least be employed by the sponsor to be sponsored.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by beecrofty(m): 6:45pm On Apr 07, 2023
Gbagura:
I scored 6.5 overall from the ielts I wrote last week, hope I can use that for Healthcare Jobs? Thanks

Hey! Do you insinuate that you got your result for UKVI IELTS within a week? 7 days? or longer than that because the stipulated time is 13 days (two weeks)
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by bhmw(m): 7:41pm On Apr 07, 2023
With computerized IELTS, you can get your result in 3 days.

beecrofty:

Hey! Do you insinuate that you got your result for UKVI IELTS within a week? 7 days? or longer than that because the stipulated time is 13 days (two weeks)

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Ayhomes(m): 9:11pm On Apr 07, 2023
beecrofty:

Uhmmm, he doesn't plan to "live" in the UK but he has a sponsor? How does it work with the sponsor? Because he has to at least be employed by the sponsor to be sponsored.
not the main applicant but dependent.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by ogoloray(m): 9:44pm On Apr 07, 2023
Hello guys...

So I got in touch with this agent and we agreed on a fee, but he is insisting I make a full payment. Is this normal? I was hoping to pay in two installments.

I feel its insane to pay such amount at one go. What do you guys think about this? All comments are welcome, thanks!
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 9:59pm On Apr 07, 2023
ogoloray:
Hello guys...

So I got in touch with this agent and we agreed on a fee, but he is insisting I make a full payment. Is this normal? I was hoping to pay in two installments.

I feel its insane to pay such amount at one go. What do you guys think about this? All comments are welcome, thanks!

U are expecting the demon that wants to exploit and súck u dry you to be considerate??

are u trying to be funny or u are just naive??

grin

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by ogoloray(m): 10:30pm On Apr 07, 2023
advanceDNA:

U are expecting the demon that wants to exploit and súck u dry you to be considerate??

are u trying to be funny or u are just naive??

grin

Didn't quite catch your point bro. Are you suggesting that all agents are scammers? Or you mean he's wanting a full payment is a red flag?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by beecrofty(m): 10:37pm On Apr 07, 2023
Ayhomes:
not the main applicant but dependent.

Oh, now it is clearer.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by beecrofty(m): 10:39pm On Apr 07, 2023
bhmw:
With computerized IELTS, you can get your result in 3 days.

UKVI and Paper tests take the same length of time for the result to be released.

PS: I just realized British Council releases results in 3-5 days but IDP says 13 days.
Screenshot f both IDP and BC dates.

Update: While IDP wasn't straightforward with their info, the UKVI CBT results come out in 3-5 days.

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 10:42pm On Apr 07, 2023
ogoloray:

Didn't quite catch your point bro. Are you suggesting that all agents are scammers? Or you mean he's wanting a full payment is a red flag?

My comment is not about scamming.... its about u expecting a greedy & wicked person to be rational and considerate.... grin
u are being charged crazily because the agent is not considerate in the first place..... u are at their mercy.....u have no leverage

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by ogoloray(m): 10:58pm On Apr 07, 2023
advanceDNA:

My comment is not about scamming.... its about u expecting a greedy & wicked person to be rational and considerate.... grin
u are being charged crazily because the agent is not considerate in the first place..... u are at their mercy.....u have no leverage

My brother I went mute when the agent started talking
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Ayhomes(m): 11:03pm On Apr 07, 2023
beecrofty:

Oh, now it is clearer.
yes Boss
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 11:04pm On Apr 07, 2023
ogoloray:

My brother I went mute when the agent started talking

This is a transaction that has no standard or regulatory policy.... they can say 20k or any price they like..u cant say thats not the price because its not iphone or toyota camry...

They can put u on any condition of payment..u cant report...u can only beg, ontop ur money...

Most agents have witchcraft oooo... grin .

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by KolaShangOne(m): 11:54pm On Apr 07, 2023
advanceDNA:

This is a transaction that has no standard or regulatory policy.... they can say 20k or any price they like..u cant say thats not the price because its not iphone or toyota camry...

They can put u on any condition of payment..u cant report...u can only beg, ontop ur money...

Most agents have witchcraft oooo... grin .

Do you mean 20,000 dollars?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by beecrofty(m): 12:07am On Apr 08, 2023
KolaShangOne:

British Pounds I guess
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Gbagura: 5:45am On Apr 08, 2023
beecrofty:

within a week
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 6:11am On Apr 08, 2023
KolaShangOne:

This senseless exploitation started with 3k £ last year ....and pple are already being exploited to the level of 15k currently...so tell me how we wont get to 20k..
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by KingDeity: 7:30am On Apr 08, 2023
Good morning everyone. I'm very new here. I'm a registered nurse working here in Nigeria. I plan relocating to the UK via the Healthcare assistant visa, then finish up my OSCE in the UK and get my RN PIN to practice as Band 5 Nurse. Please has anyone here ever tried this route before? If yes, how feasible is it? I'm not in a haste to leave Nigeria, as I work in an oil company.

I just wanna be sure that I'm making the right decision, don't wanna be suck in another man's land. All suggestion would really be appreciated.

Thank you
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by KolaShangOne(m): 11:32am On Apr 08, 2023
advanceDNA:

This senseless exploitation started with 3k £ last year ....and pple are already being exploited to the level of 15k currently...so tell me how we wont get to 20k..

That would be crazy!

Even 10,000 -15,000 GBP for a COS is crazy.

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Drey1: 12:06pm On Apr 08, 2023
KolaShangOne:

That would be crazy!

Even 10,000 -15,000 GBP for a COS is crazy.

Shey we get choice ni grin . We either stay out for here and keep hoping on God fir una leaders to do the right thing or we use our hands to fine tune our future ourselves but that would come with a huge price like we have now where we've got to pay huge. Left to me this is best for me as I hate to travel to a country and become illegal

I remember an agent telling me that those who went to school In uk would spend x2 of what i would spend by the time they do there calc on what they wanna use to get ilr. All our goals is to get ilr both for those who went to spend huge money on school and those going for work.

6 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by yamunla(m): 12:50pm On Apr 08, 2023
Please guys I need advice.

I already did ielts ukvi-band 6
TB test
And I have 2 reference in clinic I have worked before in Nigeria.

What else do I need to present to a care home so I can get COS

And which website is the best for me to apply to this care homes in any UK country.

Please I need response as I want to DIY
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Wisdom7400(m): 2:28pm On Apr 08, 2023
Drey1:

Shey we get choice ni grin . We either stay out for here and keep hoping on God fir una leaders to do the right thing or we use our hands to fine tune our future ourselves but that would come with a huge price like we have now where we've got to pay huge. Left to me this is best for me as I hate to travel to a country and become illegal

I remember an agent telling me that those who went to school In uk would spend x2 of what i would spend by the time they do there calc on what they wanna use to get ilr. All our goals is to get ilr both for those who went to spend huge money on school and those going for work.
You said it all. No choice
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by DoDirtsLikeWorm(m): 2:56pm On Apr 08, 2023
KingDeity:
Good morning everyone. I'm very new here. I'm a registered nurse working here in Nigeria. I plan relocating to the UK via the Healthcare assistant visa, then finish up my OSCE in the UK and get my RN PIN to practice as Band 5 Nurse. Please has anyone here ever tried this route before? If yes, how feasible is it? I'm not in a haste to leave Nigeria, as I work in an oil company.

I just wanna be sure that I'm making the right decision, don't wanna be suck in another man's land. All suggestion would really be appreciated.

Thank you
whatever you're deciding, be fast.
Restrictions has passed 2nd reading in the Parliament

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Testy17: 4:16pm On Apr 08, 2023
DoDirtsLikeWorm:
whatever you're deciding, be fast.
Restrictions has passed 2nd reading in the Parliament

It will not be passed IJN. This is rep. God will discentralize them all

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by dimejalex(m): 5:18pm On Apr 08, 2023
Helllo house I did interview this morning with a care house and answer the questions correctly and I got a mail I didn’t pass the interview. the one question I didn’t answer was integrity she ask about integrity what more can I do
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by abuhusna1: 5:40pm On Apr 08, 2023
Hermeknorr:
Good morning everyone, please I have a ask. What's the difference between a 3yrs COS and a 5yrs COS. Which one is more better for settlement purpose
5 years is the best after which you become permanent residence but for 3 years if care job is stopped giving sponsorship along the line you can't renew with care job again

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by MsLane: 5:51pm On Apr 08, 2023
So sorry about that.
I was told once that I wasn't passionate about the job.
But I got another interviewer.
Keep praying. God is faithful.

dimejalex:
Helllo house I did interview this morning with a care house and answer the questions correctly and I got a mail I didn’t pass the interview. the one question I didn’t answer was integrity she ask about integrity what more can I do
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Osa4: 6:41pm On Apr 08, 2023
abuhusna1:

5 years us the best after which you become permanent residence but for 3 years if care job is stopped giving sponsorship along the line you can't renew with care job again

3 years why can't u look for other routes for sponsorship
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by MsLane: 6:43pm On Apr 08, 2023
Thank you.

I used others for all cos I did not see education as it is a Skilled Work Visa.
Peterdapox:

TB/ police report - others
IELTS- education

(1) (2) (3) ... (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) ... (606) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.