Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,887 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route - Travel (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route (846480 Views)

UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (607) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by omopapa: 9:05pm On Feb 21, 2022
Yes but what about insurance, tax, MOT and fuel cost
Bostin:
£500 will get you a car in UK

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by manwomanok: 9:08pm On Feb 21, 2022
Bostin:

Less than £500 will even get you car, the problem is drivers license as Uk is not Nigeria that you can driver without licence nor secure license through the back door. 2ndly insurance of the car can not less than £600 pa depending on where you live in Uk some area can cost as much as £1000 pa, 3rdly you pay a road tax of about £150 depend on the type/years old of the car. yearly MOT is there and so on.

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Divinemercyy: 9:14pm On Feb 21, 2022
/

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by manwomanok: 9:17pm On Feb 21, 2022
Kaylaonah:

This transportation thing is a big problem tbh... Most of the jobs wants someone with a 'reliable' means of transport. You can get an international license until you apply at the DMV but where you wan find car from?

The entire process is tiring I can't lie, the amount of rejection mails I've received so far... E remain make my mail start dey complain. I've been shortlisted for a few so I keep my fingers crossed and my hopes high and so should you.

transportation shouldn't be problem to get to work in Uk, transportation system is ok... though most of the Agency like to employ car owner because you will not be working in a place, with Agency you will be sending to work at different places and some time they call you for shift at very short notice and they would want someone that will be able to take up the shift and get there in time,
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Kaylaonah(f): 9:33pm On Feb 21, 2022
amehrada:
Obobs! 15hrs shift. This is hard already.

It pays more so definitely worth the hours.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Divinemercyy: 9:33pm On Feb 21, 2022
manwomanok:

transportation shouldn't be problem to get to work in Uk, transportation system is ok... though most of the Agency like to employ car owner because you will not be working in a place, with Agency you will be sending to work at different places and some time they call you for shift at very short notice and they would want someone that will be able to take up the shift and get there in time,

if you ask during interview about car, tell them that you have one or tell them that to get to work earlier will not be a problem for you as your wife can drop you at work anytime.

Wonderful cheesy
You must be kidding na...’tell them u have one’ meanwhile even a scooter u no get.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Kaylaonah(f): 9:35pm On Feb 21, 2022
manwomanok:

if you ask during interview about car, tell them that you have one or tell them that to get to work earlier will not be a problem for you as your wife can drop you at work anytime.

So then I'm in Nigeria and I have a car in UK?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by manwomanok: 9:40pm On Feb 21, 2022
Kaylaonah:

So then I'm in Nigeria and I have a car in UK?

no
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Famocious(m): 10:35pm On Feb 21, 2022
BoM123:
Good afternoon everyone, please did anybody have their biometrics(Skilled worker visa) on February 11 and is still at DMC

Please respond �

My dependents had theirs on the 4th of February, 2022. The applications are still with DMC as at this evening.

I received my visa a week ago despite the joint family application and appointment..
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Divinemercyy: 10:37pm On Feb 21, 2022
manwomanok:

sorry the car thing is for who already in UK, for you in Nigeria tell them you have drivers license to drive.

If d person can’t drive nor have a DL nko?

Pls be realistic

3 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by ucystan(f): 10:38pm On Feb 21, 2022
Jaybadestboy:
I did an interview yesterday for domicliary care yesterday and they told me thier shifts starts from 6:30am to 9:30pm. Anybody knows if domicliary care is more harder than a care home? They also said I need a car when I arrive the uk

Please what's the name of the company, let us also apply. Biko, pls ,ejoo...
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Divinemercyy: 10:38pm On Feb 21, 2022
Full Job Description

** YOU MUST ALREADY BE LIVING IN THE UK AND REQUIRE TIER 2 SPONSORSHIP AND LOOKING TO RELOCATE IF NEEDS BE **

Lol...I wil get there insha allahu
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Rotma: 10:43pm On Feb 21, 2022
I did submit a letter of instruction from my school. I don't really understand why the delay.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by omopapa: 11:50pm On Feb 21, 2022
Hahahaha grin got me laughing out loud
Divinemercyy:

Wonderful cheesy
You must be kidding na...’tell them u have one’ meanwhile even a scooter u no get.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by INFOatIIGS: 4:56am On Feb 22, 2022
INFOatIIGS:

Helo everyone!

I am the IIGS man smiley smiley smiley

I have read quite a bit of the discourse. Very rich discussions with lots of good information about the health care visa. Some are on point while others still need some explaining.

Our course, offered in partnership with Apex Learning, is an accredited and regulated course. It is one of the best out there but it is not the only one; there are similar others offered by different companies like ours and accredited by other awarding bodies. One thing that sets us apart, though, is that we are the cheapest and this is deliberate and not an indication of poor quality.

It will be rather impossible to address everyone’s concerns here at a go so we are organising a Zoom discussion session (details to be sent later) where you can ask any question about the healthcare worker visa processes; I understand the process to an extent and I am willing to share. Those interested in our course can also show up to know why it is cheaper than others or ask whatever questions they would like to ask. The information and explanation that many have shared here should be enough for anyone to have decided on which to go for. My own 2 kobo is - do not pay for the not so useful added extras and make sure the issued certificate will be accepted for what you want to use it for and you are good to go!

I really need to say a big thank you to @festacgirlie, @Baccus85, and others that have called. Thank you, guys! I will try to answer questions here too so feel free to ask.

Thank you all.

Hello everyone,

Below is the detail of the zoom meeting I promised. It is not going to be so much of a lecture but Q & A session. So let's meet up, come with your questions, and discuss. Thank you.

IIGS is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: Insight into the UK Health and Care Worker visa- Required qualifications, do you need IELTS, etc.
Time: Feb 26, 2022 10:50 AM London (11:50 AM Lagos)
Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86252499690?pwd=REVWRFlvQmVZeUJwUGFBWkpSVklTUT09
Cost: Free (Just a Q & A session as promised)
Meeting ID: 862 5249 9690
Passcode: 848694

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by cyberknoz(m): 8:19am On Feb 22, 2022
Joshtoch:
My payment was received and receipt acknowledged. I didn't attach the medium of instruction. I wrote a statement that i was thought in English language not knowing it must come from my school.

This is the reason for the delay...you need to get this from your school...do it as soon as possible and upload......your application is still incomplete that is why it have not moved to the next stage which is in progress...all the best

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by cyberknoz(m): 8:23am On Feb 22, 2022
Rotma:
I did submit a letter of instruction from my school. I don't really understand why the delay.
Ok just wait or send them a mail so you could know what is really going on ok
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Teewhy2: 9:07am On Feb 22, 2022
please for people that have done their NARIC, creating an account for a married woman on NARIC website does she need to create the account using the name on the certificate or using her new surname which is on the passport.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by DAramis: 10:09am On Feb 22, 2022
Teewhy2:
please for people that have done their NARIC, creating an account for a married woman on NARIC website does she need to create the account using the name on the certificate or using her new surname which is on the passport.
Send them a mail for clarification before creating the account.

In my own opinion, you should create with name that your documents bears. I don't think they request for copy of your passport. Still send the mail across to them for best advice.

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Saynoomore: 10:12am On Feb 22, 2022
Greetings house.
I have some questions please:

There's a job offer but the pay isn't much - just about 2,400

However, I'm wondering if this will be worth it, considering that the job code falls under Skilled worker (Not health and Social care). so, application cost for a family of 5 is hitting the roof!

My question is:

1. When paying the visa application fee, will you be paying at official exchange rate (e.g pay naira equivalent to embassy's account), or required to buy GBP into your dorm account and pay?
2. For a 3yr option, are you required to pay the healthcare surcharge fee for main applicant and dependents at the point of application?
3. Is the TB test mandatory for children?
4. How soon can the TB test date be obtained and results ready, at this time?

I'm really wondering I can pull this through! the associated costs are too heavy! undecided I envy those in occupations eligible for the health & social care. grin
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Teewhy2: 10:24am On Feb 22, 2022
DAramis:

Send them a mail for clarification before creating the account.

In my own opinion, you should create with name that your documents bears. I don't think they request for copy of your passport. Still send the mail across to them for best advice.

Thanks, I will do that and get back here.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Ifesinachi22(m): 10:53am On Feb 22, 2022
dee1504:

If you're actually thinking of doing a VIDEO INTERVIEW with your phone, and not a Computer with WEBCAM and MICROPHONE, then you might as well forget about the job.

I don't think this is entirely true.

See below

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by DAramis: 1:08pm On Feb 22, 2022
Teewhy2:

Thanks, I will do that and get back here.
Okay
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Richdee1(m): 1:23pm On Feb 22, 2022
Jaybadestboy:
I can't even remember, It must be one of the agencies I randomly sent my cv to. They just called me out of the blue on Saturday and on Sunday they interviewed me. I'm not scared of the car things. Some of my friends are driving in uk, them nor get two head

Please can you help with your Sample CV?
Did you have experience in caregiving or it's just the certification you used!
Did you also submit cover letter
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Zimzee: 1:53pm On Feb 22, 2022
Please my sister in law who is an auxiliary nurse forwarded this to me asking if it can be useful for any uk immigration pathway. Please kindly advise.

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by nekkyblues(f): 5:39pm On Feb 22, 2022
Hello guys, trust you are all good.
I just want to clarify somethings regarding this care worker visa.
1) Do I need to have experience in this field before I’m qualified? I watched some YouTube videos where it was said that one does not necessarily need experience.
2) What type of IELTS exam will I write? Is it this one as seen in the picture below?
3) What is the minimum band score (IELTS score) that one can get to qualify.

I’ve visited uk.gov but still not clear.

Would appreciate your responses. Thanks!

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by amehrada: 6:04pm On Feb 22, 2022
nekkyblues:
Hello guys, trust you are all good.
I just want to clarify somethings regarding this care worker visa.
1) Do I need to have experience in this field before I’m qualified? I watched some YouTube videos where it was said that one does not necessarily need experience.
2) What type of IELTS exam will I write? Is it this one as seen in the picture below?
3) What is the minimum band score (IELTS score) that one can get to qualify.

I’ve visited uk.gov but still not clear.

Would appreciate your responses. Thanks!
1. Experience isn’t really necessary but it’s an added advantage, it will do your CV lots of good if you have some.

2. Yes, ukvi ielts general.

3. Overall band of 4.5 but I understand some potential employers are requesting for a minimum of 5.5 abi 6.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by gistbite(f): 6:05pm On Feb 22, 2022
Bostin:

Manual transmission car.
Most likely very old
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by barbiedunicorn(f): 6:59pm On Feb 22, 2022
Rotma:
Please which one is letter of instruction from school again?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by cyberknoz(m): 7:21pm On Feb 22, 2022
BoM123:
Good afternoon everyone, please did anybody have their biometrics(Skilled worker visa) on February 11 and is still at DMC

Please respond �

Check I think it have gotten to vac ..mine have changed to application transfered and received by vac as at this afternoon........best wishes
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by dee1504: 7:54pm On Feb 22, 2022
Saynoomore:
Greetings house.
I have some questions please:

There's a job offer but the pay isn't much - just about 2,400

However, I'm wondering if this will be worth it, considering that the job code falls under Skilled worker (Not health and Social care). so, application cost for a family of 5 is hitting the roof!

My question is:

1. When paying the visa application fee, will you be paying at official exchange rate (e.g pay naira equivalent to embassy's account), or required to buy GBP into your dorm account and pay?
2. For a 3yr option, are you required to pay the healthcare surcharge fee for main applicant and dependents at the point of application?
3. Is the TB test mandatory for children?
4. How soon can the TB test date be obtained and results ready, at this time?

I'm really wondering I can pull this through! the associated costs are too heavy! undecided I envy those in occupations eligible for the health & social care. grin

Hello.

If the salary is GBP2,400 after tax, then it is very good, if it is before tax, then it is just manageable. People are living with families and earning less than that. When you arrive, your spouse can also get a job and support the family. It is a win-win

1. Application fee is in US$. You will need a card that can perform transactions over the limit set by CBN to make the payment.

2. Check this link:
https://www.immigration-health-surcharge.service.gov.uk/checker/type

3. Check the following links for more info:
https://mymedical.iom.int/apps/omas/#_frmHome
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/tuberculosis-test-for-a-uk-visa-clinics-in-nigeria/tuberculosis-testing-in-nigeria

4. TB test result is usually available within 24 hours after the test

Hope that helps

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (607) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.