Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,588 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route - Travel (540) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route (848495 Views)

UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (537) (538) (539) (540) (541) (542) (543) ... (607) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 6:18pm On Oct 09, 2023
demmysoft:
I need your advise for a brother, He got COS as a dependant, and applied without knowing that he will need proof of English language, after the application, the home office wrote him to provide proof of English. He wrote IELTS and fail Reading aspect of the test which made him not to pass and qualify for the proof of English test. He later applied for re-mark but the result is not yet out, the embassy gave him 10 working days to provide this.

However, in the course of the application the BRP has expired. But fortunately, the primary applicant (wife) had some issues with her study which require her to apply for extension, she applied and got 6 months approval to complete her study.

My question now is that, is it possible to cancel the existing application and re-apply as a dependant on the primary applicant? Secondly, is the application going to be considered for the fact that BRP is already expired if he applied as a dependant. Kindly advise please.

Thank you

Baba ...what are u saying ....
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by OGINNISM1234: 6:46pm On Oct 09, 2023
Lance008:
she said Abuja but clearly stated Lagos
I think this is a scam
I didn't even know the means of payment she just told me she has made payment I need to pay back

So you mean you have not paid your agent for VISA application and the agent paid on your behalf abi?

Dey play.

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by demmysoft: 7:03pm On Oct 09, 2023
Baba ...what are u saying ....

Saying my guy entered UK on Student visa (dependant) on getting to UK, He got COS, and applied as main applicant on skilled work visa while his wife is about to finish her program. Unfortunately, He was not aware that he will need proof of English language to apply as the primary applicant for the COS. After he applied with COS without proof of English language. The home office now asked him to provide evidence that he met the English requirements i.e. test of English. He quickly register for IELTS Exam but failed READING part of the English language test (3.5 point) which make him not to meet the English language requirement as specify by UKVI. After the test he got 5.5 for the overall but 3.5 point in READING which is below the 4.5 as recommended by UKVI. He uploaded the test result after, and home office wrote to him again to provide evidence that he has met English Language requirement see below.

"You are required to provide evidence that you have met the English requirements as stated on Appendix English Language. This can be either a UKVI accredited English certificate from an approved testing centre, or a UK NARIC letter to confirm the UK equivalent level of your qualification and that your overseas degree was taught or researched in English to level B1 of the Council of Europe’s Common European Framework for Language learning or above.
You need to log in to your application and upload your evidence.
Please send this within 10 working days."

Meanwhile, his wife (primary applicant on student visa) has finished her studies and her visa was almost expired but have some outstanding courses to clear, but upon several consultation, she was asked to apply for extension to complete her study. Fortunately, she got 6 months visa approval by home office.

Remember that, the husband application on COS was still pending based on the evidence of English language he was unable to provided. The home office now gave him 10 days to provide English language evidence. In the process, the wife got 6 months visa extension to complete her study.

My question now is that, is it possible to cancel the Skill worker visa application and apply as a dependant under his wife (student primary applicant)? Secondly, if he apply as a dependant on the 6 month visa extension, is the application going to be considered for the fact that the husband visa is already expired. Hope you understand now.

Thank you
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Lance008(m): 7:04pm On Oct 09, 2023
OGINNISM1234:

So you mean you have not paid your agent for VISA application and the agent paid on your behalf abi?

Dey play.
Me too shock say where dem Dey do like that
Not even a dime
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by OGINNISM1234: 7:15pm On Oct 09, 2023
Lance008:

Me too shock say where dem Dey do like that
Not even a dime

Tell your agent that your brother that wants to make payment requested for your application form. That without the application form, your brother said no payment.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Lance008(m): 7:15pm On Oct 09, 2023
OGINNISM1234:

Tell your agent that your brother that wants to make payment requested for your application form. That without the application form, your brother said no payment.
Thanks I really appreciate

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 8:38pm On Oct 09, 2023
demmysoft:

My question now is that, is it possible to cancel the Skill worker visa application and apply as a dependant under his wife (student primary applicant)? Secondly, if he apply as a dependant on the 6 month visa extension, is the application going to be considered for the fact that the husband visa is already expired. Hope you understand now.

Thank you
U already have an application in the pipeline of ukvi....so that's a good thing ...

y ur friend no just do another test so he can get a work visa which is more permanent.... COS is hard to come by oooo.... he should Send send an email to ukvi to give him more Time for his result to come out.... (On another note..the guy no get bachelor's degree?? He can get ECCTIS report if he is afraid of failing another test)

By the time the wife finishes her course she will just join him easily as dependent.... Instead of both of them looking for COS...
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by demmysoft: 8:47pm On Oct 09, 2023
[quote author=advanceDNA post=126303647]
This is the second time of failing the test, I don't know for him, I am just thinking of him joining his wife first and use that time to get himself prepare for the test, but can he applied with his expired visa now as dependant.

Thank you.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Nikoleta(f): 3:09am On Oct 10, 2023
America001:

Payment done with IOM.

They have nearby dates.

How long does it take for confirmation?.

Please how did you book online, I have tried but it's not working, they are not sending the verification link to my mail. Pls point me to the right direction.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by rasheed329(m): 5:58am On Oct 10, 2023
advanceDNA:

U already have an application in the pipeline of ukvi....so that's a good thing ...

y ur friend no just do another test so he can get a work visa which is more permanent.... COS is hard to come by oooo.... he should Send send an email to ukvi to give him more Time for his result to come out.... (On another note..the guy no get bachelor's degree?? He can get ECCTIS report if he is afraid of failing another test)

By the time the wife finishes her course she will just join him easily as dependent.... Instead of both of them looking for COS...
Please does dependant Visa expire when the Main applicants visa expires? Or they expire differently? and can it be converted to Permanent Residence? I don’t really understand that dependant visa stuff
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Xodiq(m): 6:37am On Oct 10, 2023
Pls I need Urgent response!
I am traveling to London Heathrow via Cotonou on Turkish airlines. I have skilled worker visa and I will like to know the documents I need to be able to board the plane.
If you have travelled through Cotonou on Turkish airlines kindly share your experience.
Thanks
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Opeolami(m): 6:54am On Oct 10, 2023
Xodiq:
I am traveling to London Heathrow via Cotonou on Turkish airlines. I have skilled worker visa and I will like to know the documents I need to be able to board the plane.
If you have travelled through Cotonou on Turkish airlines kindly share your experience.
Thanks

How much do you book your flight please?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 7:44am On Oct 10, 2023
rasheed329:
Please does dependant Visa expire when the Main applicants visa expires? Or they expire differently? and can it be converted to Permanent Residence? I don’t really understand that dependant visa stuff

Ur dependant visa expires the date UKVI said it will expire... and yes it's the same date the main applicant visa will expire....
.if it's a work visa...after spending 5 years and u don't break any rules u get permanent residency

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 7:46am On Oct 10, 2023
[quote author=demmysoft post=126303825][/quote

I don't think so ooooo
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Adolfnigeria: 8:07am On Oct 10, 2023
damn the wait is long.
anyone do biometrics on the 19th september - 22 september ? have you heard back?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Biggyman11: 11:21am On Oct 10, 2023
Hello guys,
I got my visa with my wife's visa Skilled worker my wife as primary applicant, me as dependant. But to my surprise, we were both issued 3 months visa. Is it that we will get the 5 years on our BRP after we get to the UK? and also, will they mail our BRP to the given address before we get there or after we get there? what should we do now since our visa is out other than buying flight ticket?
thanks
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by uncleabbey(m): 11:38am On Oct 10, 2023
Biggyman11:
Hello guys,
I got my visa with my wife's visa Skilled worker my wife as primary applicant, me as dependant. But to my surprise, we were both issued 3 months visa. Is it that we will get the 5 years on our BRP after we get to the UK? and also, will they mail our BRP to the given address before we get there or after we get there? what should we do now since our visa is out other than buying flight ticket?
thanks

No boss . Its not 3 month VISA. what you got in your passport is an entry clearance which elapses in 3 months (standard for everyone). What it means is that you have 3 months to enter Uk so you can receive your BRP. that is where you see the 5years.

3 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Funjosh(m): 11:56am On Oct 10, 2023
Anyone traveling to London Heathrow from Lagos with turkish airlines on the 21st of October here. smiley
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Opeolami(m): 12:23pm On Oct 10, 2023
Adolfnigeria:
damn the wait is long.
anyone do biometrics on the 19th september - 22 september ? have you heard back?

I did 13th....So frustrated.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Awaiting101: 1:36pm On Oct 10, 2023
Opeolami:

I did 13th....So frustrated.

My sister in law and hubby did biometrics on 18th
MA (Sister inlaw)- Visa application granted on 28th
Collection email on 28th.

Dependant (The Hubby) ...made paid call and the response was decision made but no decision email?no collection email...track did not move ever since. quite frustrating.

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Xodiq(m): 2:03pm On Oct 10, 2023
About 505k from Wakanow

How much do you book your flight please?[/quote]
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Xodiq(m): 2:04pm On Oct 10, 2023
I will be travelling from Cotonou to London Heathrow on Turkish airlines on the 21st of October.
Please do you know the documents to have handy before boarding.
Funjosh:
Anyone traveling to London Heathrow from Lagos with turkish airlines on the 21st of October here. smiley
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Funjosh(m): 2:21pm On Oct 10, 2023
Xodiq:
I will be travelling from Cotonou to London Heathrow on Turkish airlines on the 21st of October.
Please do you know the documents to have handy before boarding.

I really don't know much about flight from Cotonou to London if there is additional documents from the normal ones.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Adolfnigeria: 4:06pm On Oct 10, 2023
Thanks for the response, its very useful.

Awaiting101:

Dependant (The Hubby) ...made paid call and the response was decision made but no decision email?no collection email...track did not move ever since. quite frustrating.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Oyewale25: 4:43pm On Oct 10, 2023
Good afternoon Nairalander,

Plz anyone with Warehouse Operative jobs, cleaner or care jobs around Manchester should please help/connect a brother.

Available for NIGHT SHIFT/ WEEKEND also.

Please, biko, e joo, e dakun. Help a JJC brother.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by America001: 5:36pm On Oct 10, 2023
Nikoleta:

Please how did you book online, I have tried but it's not working, they are not sending the verification link to my mail. Pls point me to the right direction.

I guess it's an error.

Truthfully I used the first email to register and didn't get the verification link, something prompted me to switch to my second email and it worked.

You can try that
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Akwukalia: 5:51pm On Oct 10, 2023
Xodiq:
Thanks
Screenshot your question to someone who traveled to the UK last week via Cotonou,& these was his response (would have attached screenshot but I don't know what is wrong with Nairaland)

You don't need anything

(1) : Print your boarding pass & go with your passport

(2) : Your passport *MUST* be stamped at the boarder else you won't be allowed to fly

(3) : Your check-in 🛫 bags 🛍️ are allowed to weigh up to 23.4kg each and *NOT* 23.5kg

(4) : Maintain 8kg on your hand luggage 🧳 & if you're carrying a back pack or a hand bag, make sure it is not looking heavy, else you'll be asked to pay

That's All, happy flying

Oya give me your CoS link 😁😁

7 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Biggyman11: 6:25pm On Oct 10, 2023
uncleabbey:

No boss . Its not 3 month VISA. what you got in your passport is an entry clearance which elapses in 3 months (standard for everyone). What it means is that you have 3 months to enter Uk so you can receive your BRP. that is where you see the 5years.

Bless you. Thanks for the clarification.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Adolfnigeria: 7:08pm On Oct 10, 2023
I ended up contacting them, information i have is that a decision has been made.

I must say that the portal is not yet reflective. I guess this is the same with others.

Awaiting101:

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by cejo(m): 9:34am On Oct 11, 2023
Pls we did family change of name with newspaper publication & affidavit for both myself & wife,my question is do they do change of name for underage children with d eldest being 12yrs & whats d process too.
Pls gurus assist with above request
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by bukonlami: 2:35pm On Oct 11, 2023
Hello my people
Please I need help ooo,what other documents can I use to prove my relationship with my nephew apart from court papers and pictures.your responses are urgently needed.thanks
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 6:08pm On Oct 11, 2023
bukonlami:
Hello my people
Please I need help ooo,what other documents can I use to prove my relationship with my nephew apart from court papers and pictures.your responses are urgently needed.thanks

u wanna travel with your nephew?? As in ur nephew ..??

Are u his legal guardian?? What happened to his parent??

U will need a lot of luck proving to UKVI u are his legal guardian, even with a court document, especially if his parents are still alive

(1) (2) (3) ... (537) (538) (539) (540) (541) (542) (543) ... (607) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

Viewing this topic: KEMINIE500

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.