Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,828 members, 7,831,691 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route - Travel (538) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route (856073 Views)

UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (535) (536) (537) (538) (539) (540) (541) ... (608) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by OGINNISM1234: 12:39am On Oct 07, 2023
Preeteeshir:
Hello everyone, good evening. Please can I use the standard IELTS general training to apply for my skilled worker visa, I already have my Cos or do I need to write the IELTS UKVI general training?
And I'm to resume on the 5th of November 2023,
It's an IT company. Your urgent response is needed thanks in anticipation.

Don't try it o.

They will request for UKVI IELTS.

A friend used IELTS without UKVI, attached is the response He got.

The only people allowed to use original IELTS Academy are professional nurses and doctors who have initially passed their professional examination. They are the only ones that don't need it.

They will give 10 days deadline, they won't release your passport to you so you can write another one.

My friend had to opt for Ecctis. I warned him before applying but He get strong head. However before he applied, he ensured he had all ecctis requirements and money for fast track options.

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Preeteeshir(f): 9:57am On Oct 07, 2023
Thank you so much, then I think I will have to write the UKVI IELTS, My Cos expiry date is 30th December and my work start date is 5th of November, is it possible to go after my work start date but before my Cos expiry date?
OGINNISM1234:

Don't try it o.

They will request for UKVI IELTS.

A friend used IELTS without UKVI, attached is the response He got.

The only people allowed to use original IELTS Academy are professional nurses and doctors who have initially passed their professional examination. They are the only ones that don't need it.

They will give 10 days deadline, they won't release your passport to you so you can write another one.

My friend had to opt for Ecctis. I warned him before applying but He get strong head. However before he applied, he ensured he had all ecctis requirements and money for fast track options.

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by cbn4main: 10:38am On Oct 07, 2023
Preeteeshir:
Thank you so much, then I think I will have to write the UKVI IELTS, My Cos expiry date is 30th December and my work start date is 5th of November, is it possible to go after my work start date but before my Cos expiry date?

Yes, it is allowed. This is similar to my case as I'm currently waiting for my course end date to elapse b4 I can switch. It is called the 28-day rule. See what the rule says:

S3.10. Once a worker has been granted permission, they should normally start working in their sponsored employment no later than 28 days after whichever is the latest of:

1). the start date on their CoS (taking into account any changes to that date reported by you before their application for entry clearance or permission was decided)
2). the “valid from” date on the worker’s entry clearance vignette (visa)
the date the worker is granted permission to enter, if they entered the UK without entry clearance under the Creative Worker visa concession
3) the date the worker is notified of a grant of entry clearance or permission to stay.”

No.3 applies to you, assuming you are yet to apply for your visa. You can enter the uk and start working within 28 days after your visa is granted.

Cheers!
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Preeteeshir(f): 10:41am On Oct 07, 2023
Thank you, you just saved a soul🤗🤗
cbn4main:

Yes, it is allowed. This is similar to my case as I'm currently waiting for my course end date to elapse b4 I can switch. It is called the 28-day rule. See what the rule says:

S3.10. Once a worker has been granted permission, they should normally start working in their sponsored employment no later than 28 days after whichever is the latest of:

1). the start date on their CoS (taking into account any changes to that date reported by you before their application for entry clearance or permission was decided)
the date the worker is granted permission to enter, if they entered the UK without entry clearance under the Creative Worker visa concession
3) the date the worker is notified of a grant of entry clearance or permission to stay.”

No.3 applies to you. You can enter the uk and start working within 28 days after your visa is granted.

Cheers!
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by CHARLOE(m): 12:36pm On Oct 07, 2023
Xodiq:
Good morning all, Please I got my Skilled worker visa and would be traveling to London via Cotonou on Turkish airlines. Please do I need a yellow card and also OK to board cos I read from the tickets Wakanow sent to me I need OK to board since I'm on a work visa. Has anyone experienced this ?
Congrats! Is it care assistant job? Did u do it yourself or went thru an agent? I'd really appreciate any useful info, thanks.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by CHARLOE(m): 12:41pm On Oct 07, 2023
dirolad:
The person has to write TCRN examination for April or November, after passing it, then apply for a letter again from TCRN which will be sent to QTS department by TCRN, then the person Will make progress. Visit. https://trcn.gov.ng/ for more info. Nobody helps with TCRN for QTS without passing the examination.
Is this only meant for those that read education? I am an engineer with some teaching experience and interested in this uk teacher's route, thanks.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by CHARLOE(m): 12:52pm On Oct 07, 2023
zubby4567:

Yes the exam is computer based and the price is 25k but u need someone at d office to add u to the group for the next batch..my wife write three months ago but unfortunately my system had issues that day so she didn't meet up at the exact time
Can an engineer write d exam?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Preeteeshir(f): 12:53pm On Oct 07, 2023
I'm applying first, my dependant will join me later, yes you can pm me.
GraceofGod100:

Please are you going with your dependant or just only you?, Please Can I PM you?.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by metrotpu: 1:05pm On Oct 07, 2023
Good day house ,i am a dependent in turkey,main applicant and my child in nigeria,can i apply here and main applicant apply with my kid in nigeria,secondly i did not see anywhere they requested for medical from turkey on gov.uk and i will also like to ask will i still need nigeria police report to submit here or do i have to come to nigeria ?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by babybenbaby: 2:26pm On Oct 07, 2023
Ibaku:
The immigration id check is sufficient , ok so but how do you now submit your passport to them unless I will. be told what to do when I start my application ?

You don’t need to submit your passport. You will be asked to download the id check app and prompted to scan your passport with your phone
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by dirolad(m): 2:40pm On Oct 07, 2023
CHARLOE:

Is this only meant for those that read education? I am an engineer with some teaching experience and interested in this uk teacher's route, thanks.

yes. For TCRN and QTS, it's compulsory. Some employer might not mind,I'm not sure of that.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by CHARLOE(m): 2:46pm On Oct 07, 2023
dirolad:
yes. For TCRN and QTS, it's compulsory. Some employer might not mind,I'm not sure of that.

Ok, thanks. Do I have to do PGD or what are my options?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by dirolad(m): 2:48pm On Oct 07, 2023
CHARLOE:

Ok, thanks. Do I have to do PGD or what are my options?
Yes, advisable.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by CHARLOE(m): 3:10pm On Oct 07, 2023
dirolad:
Yes, advisable.
Thanks
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Isreach: 3:17pm On Oct 07, 2023
cbn4main:

No.3 applies to you, assuming you are yet to apply for your visa. You can enter the uk and start working within 28 days after your visa is granted.

Cheers!

Everybody please, hope I won't be affected by this rule.

My vignette reads valid from 14th September but I got notified on 17th September. Now, I had an issue with my health which has prevented me from travelling before now. I've improved, and think I can now travel but want to travel next weekend and resume work on 16th October. That's because I need to rest a little more for few days to be able to make such a long journey.

Considering the date I got notified of a decision (which was 17th September), the 28 days will lapse on 15th October which is a Sunday. Hope there will be no issue if I resume work on 16th October which is a Monday?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by CHARLOE(m): 3:34pm On Oct 07, 2023
Good evening guys, let me start by congratulating those who have successfully gotten COS n visa. I've been waiting for COS since early this year, did tb test may, police report July, cos d agent said COS would be out July. Naric obtained, Proof of fund set, na so I dey wait, anxiety wan wound me, given up. Long story short, asked for refund from agent, over a month now, so so stories.
Seen alot of people got help/info on nl n travelled. Looking for other options, if u have any useful info, I'd be glad to hear, thanks.

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Ibaku(m): 4:40pm On Oct 07, 2023
babybenbaby:

You don’t need to submit your passport. You will be asked to download the id check app and prompted to scan your passport with your phone
Thank you so much.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by superfelix: 5:37pm On Oct 07, 2023
Hello house

Please i want ask about the TB test, i check through the gov.uk site and saw different price for different hospitals. Some as low as 46,500 and high as 60k.. i want to ask if it's the same test?

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by cbn4main: 6:47pm On Oct 07, 2023
Isreach:

Everybody please, hope I won't be affected by this rule.

My vignette reads valid from 14th September but I got notified on 17th September. Now, I had an issue with my health which has prevented me from travelling before now. I've improved, and think I can now travel but want to travel next weekend and resume work on 16th October. That's because I need to rest a little more for few days to be able to make such a long journey.

Considering the date I got notified of a decision (which was 17th September), the 28 days will lapse on 15th October which is a Sunday. Hope there will be no issue if I resume work on 16th October which is a Monday?

Just make sure u travel and report to work b4 28 days (from the day you were granted visa) elapse.

However, in the event you couldn't meet up, here is what the rule says:

If you cannot start working within the period of 28 days from the relevant date, your Sponsor has two options:

1). If they want to keep sponsoring you, they must report the new work start date to the Home Office with reasons for your delayed start.

2).The other option is that they may choose to stop sponsoring you.

Whichever option your Sponsor chooses, they must report this by the end of 10 working days after the 28 day period using the “report migrant activity” function in the SMS.

The Home Office may cancel your permission to stay if they decide that you do not have a valid reason for the delay, in which case your Sponsor will have to stop sponsoring you within 10 working days of the decision.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Isreach: 8:09pm On Oct 07, 2023
cbn4main:

Just make sure u travel and report to work b4 28 days (from the day you were granted visa) elapse.

Thanks for your response
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by yhemisie1(f): 10:30pm On Oct 07, 2023
Good evening sir,please how can one get a job link to go work in UK . I mean Skilled worker.(COS)

Your application would be Transferred to VAC soon. Go dey buy things wey you wan carry go UK. [/quote]
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by soif: 11:32am On Oct 08, 2023
Preeteeshir:
Hello everyone, good evening. Please can I use the standard IELTS general training to apply for my skilled worker visa, I already have my Cos or do I need to write the IELTS UKVI general training?
And I'm to resume on the 5th of November 2023,
It's an IT company. Your urgent response is needed thanks in anticipation.
please I need your assistance on applying too but can send you pm, I don’t know why if you can text me your mail or contact I would I appreciate
Thanks so much in Adavance
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Buchman1(m): 1:20pm On Oct 08, 2023
Visa Alert!
Visa type: Dependant. (Joining my wife, picking up kids later)
Applied: 13th sept
Biometrics 18th sept
Pick up mail 5th 0ct
Decision/BRP 6th 0ct

Documents submitted
Church marriage cert April 2014
Local govt registry cert April 2022
PCC
T.B test result
Children's birth certificates
Tenancy agreement (dating from Feb 2016)
Couple of wedding/naming/child dedication pictures.
My wife's BRP, Passport page showing entry permit/ last 4months payslips.

It is noteworthy that the decision letter bore 20th sept which means that it was approved within 3days.

All glory be to God. For those still waiting, be optimistic and hope for the best

8 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by fabulous2019: 5:35pm On Oct 08, 2023
Buchman1:
Visa Alert!
Visa type: Dependant. (Joining my wife, picking up kids later)
Applied: 13th sept
Biometrics 18th sept
Pick up mail 5th 0ct
Decision/BRP 6th 0ct

Documents submitted
Church marriage cert April 2014
Local govt registry cert April 2022
PC
T.B test result
Children's birth certificates
Tenancy agreement (dating from Feb 2016)
Couple of wedding/naming/child dedication pictures.
My wife's BRP, Passport page showing entry permit/ last 4months payslips.

It is noteworthy that the decision letter bore 20th sept which means that it was approved within 3days.

All glory be to God. For those still waiting, be optimistic and hope for the best
Congrats mate
Dependent an the best visa ever
Go and make money👉👍

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Efftyy: 6:18pm On Oct 08, 2023
fabulous2019:

Congrats mate
Dependent an the best visa ever
Go and make money👉👍

I concur with you . They are free like birds. Main applicant just dey tied to the sponsors

(1) (2) (3) ... (535) (536) (537) (538) (539) (540) (541) ... (608) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.