Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,417 members, 7,836,665 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:19 AM

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route - Travel (560) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route (859438 Views)

UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (557) (558) (559) (560) (561) (562) (563) ... (608) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by RindeFoods: 11:14am On Nov 15, 2023
holax4real:
I just check my spam box and to my surprise I got a mail from them since October 31st requesting for my tb certificate which I uploaded during my application. I have forwarded it to them but my fear now is that I was given 10 working days to send the tb certificate. Hope have not sent it late

Oops, it's still within the time frame, I already got a collection mail yesterday thou still waiting for Brp mail.

Thanks!!!
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by babe4chi(f): 11:56am On Nov 15, 2023
Good morning everyone. Please I need help seriously!
I first did standard Ielts earlier in oct and I got to find out I’m supposed to have done the ukvi. I registered for the ukvi Ielts. And getting to the 13th day which was on Monday, I received a mail that my result was withheld. And there’s nothing they can do except to wait for 3 months for them to finish investigating. And they advised i don’t register for another exam until they finish with their investigations.

Now, I’m supposed to apply for the work visa this month end. Please do I go ahead and register for alternative test like the PSI?
Please I need advise urgently. I’m very devastated with the whole turnout. Thanks
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 12:39pm On Nov 15, 2023
babe4chi:
I first did standard Ielts earlier in oct and I got to find out I’m supposed to have done the ukvi. I registered for the ukvi Ielts. And getting to the 13th day which was on Monday, I received a mail that my result was withheld. And there’s nothing they can do except to wait for 3 months for them to finish investigating. And they advised i don’t register for another exam until they finish with their investigations.

Now, I’m supposed to apply for the work visa this month end. Please do I go ahead and register for alternative test like the PSI?
Please I need advise urgently. I’m very devastated with the whole turnout. Thanks

Apply fot another test like PTE if u and IELTS have issues naaa
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by GraceofGod100: 12:44pm On Nov 15, 2023
RindeFoods:

Oops, it's still within the time frame, I already got a collection mail yesterday thou still waiting for Brp mail.

Thanks!!!

Good day , please how much did you pay for your 5 years skill work visa and has the price change as of this month.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by RindeFoods: 12:53pm On Nov 15, 2023
GraceofGod100:

Good day , please how much did you pay for your 5 years skill work visa and has the price change as of this month.

I did 3yrs ($361)
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by babe4chi(f): 1:14pm On Nov 15, 2023
advanceDNA:

Apply fot another test like PTE if u and IELTS have issues naaa

Thank you for your response. I just checked PTE and the only exam date is in Lagos and I reside in Abuja.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Lance008(m): 3:52pm On Nov 15, 2023
@advancedna
Have been trying to get a job please which job is easily gotten with skill visa
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 4:01pm On Nov 15, 2023
Lance008:

Have been trying to get a job please which job is easily gotten with skill visa
The truth is.....No job with COS is easy ..

Competition is high btw those that are already in and those still in Nigeria...

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Lance008(m): 5:15pm On Nov 15, 2023
advanceDNA:

That's true
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Jorussia(m): 5:56pm On Nov 15, 2023
babe4chi:

u go dey do fraud for common ielts?Abeg make una nor dey disgrace this country. If u can't sit and pass ielts on ur own,i don't see why u should be in UK or any other English speaking countries in the western world.

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Jorussia(m): 6:01pm On Nov 15, 2023
RindeFoods:

I did 3yrs ($361)
SB from here told me 700GBP last week.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by ChisomFav2000: 6:25pm On Nov 15, 2023
advanceDNA:

Please sir, I want to know how it takes for trust to contact someone after interview. I did my interview last week Thursday, after the micro soft teams video interview, they took my number and promise to reach out to be before one week but am yet to hear from them, please should I send them a reminder mail or wait? The trust is in greater Manchester.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 6:32pm On Nov 15, 2023
ChisomFav2000:

Please sir, I want to know how it takes for trust to contact someone after interview. I did my interview last week Thursday, after the micro soft teams video interview, they took my number and promise to reach out to be before one week but am yet to hear from them, please should I send them a reminder mail or wait? The trust is in greater Manchester.

One week....?? Madam...u no know NHS ooo

Anything with NHS must involve patience ooo

... They are never in a hurry when it comes to hiring oversea applicant..... U need plenty cold water to cool ur mind for these waiting period

NHS go teach u patience..u be scientist abi nurse??

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by ChisomFav2000: 7:44pm On Nov 15, 2023
advanceDNA:

One week....?? Madam...u no know NHS ooo

Anything with NHS must involve patience ooo

... They are never in a hurry when it comes to hiring oversea applicant..... U need plenty cold water to cool ur mind for these waiting period

NHS go teach u patience..u be scientist abi nurse??

Thank you so much sir, am a mental health nurse. But is it necessary I send them a reminder mail after one week?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 7:47pm On Nov 15, 2023
ChisomFav2000:

Thank you so much sir, am a mental health nurse. But is it necessary I send them a reminder mail after one week?

No harm in sending....
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 7:53pm On Nov 15, 2023
Jorussia:
u go dey do fraud for common ielts?Abeg make una nor dey disgrace this country. If u can't sit and pass ielts on ur own,i don't see why u should be in UK or any other English speaking countries in the western world.

U like vawulence ooooo.....how u take know say she do fraud??
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by ChisomFav2000: 7:54pm On Nov 15, 2023
advanceDNA:

No harm in sending....

Thanks so much I will keep you informed for any further development.

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by giselle237: 9:41pm On Nov 15, 2023
cbn4main:

Omooh!!!!!

You do not need passport for the child born in the uk. Pls the UK birth certificate is all that is needed. When filling the form write that the child’s id is only birth certificate

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by giselle237: 9:42pm On Nov 15, 2023
cbn4main:
I live in London sha. Just that I'm not ready for the stress of NIN, passport capturing and all.
I just hate any process that involves naija since I jakpa (smiles)
You do not need passport for the child born in the uk. Pls the UK birth certificate is all that is needed. When filling the form write that the child’s id is only birth certificate .
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by GraceofGod100: 9:53pm On Nov 15, 2023
RindeFoods:

I did 3yrs ($361)

Thanks so much though I hear it's now More than that now but I'm not sure , trying to confirm from recent applicant.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by GraceofGod100: 9:54pm On Nov 15, 2023
Jorussia:
SB from here told me 700GBP last week.

It's this not outrageous ni
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Jorussia(m): 9:58pm On Nov 15, 2023
GraceofGod100:

It's this not outrageous ni
I don't know o.I just said let me still check the thread last week.I don't know anything concerning this work permit scheme.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by GraceofGod100: 7:55am On Nov 16, 2023
Jorussia:
I don't know o.I just said let me still check the thread last week.I don't know anything concerning this work permit scheme.
Ohk it was around £600+ but 700 is outrageous sha
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by cbn4main: 7:58am On Nov 16, 2023
Wow!!!
Thanks so much for the reply.

giselle237:
You do not need passport for the child born in the uk. Pls the UK birth certificate is all that is needed. When filling the form write that the child’s id is only birth certificate .
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by samflex(m): 10:26am On Nov 16, 2023
Can anyone help with how much a work visa and health fee is now?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by ddooskie(m): 10:27am On Nov 16, 2023
Good morning advanceDNA and everyone here. My wife got a job offer to work as HCA in the UK and I've read the introductory page of this thread and jumped to page 400 to start reading about other people's testimonies, questions, their processes and POE experience but I'd like to ask a few questions as we are about to start our application.

1. What's the first thing we need to do, we've not seen a step by step guide on how to start the application.

2. I know the POF has to be in the account before we start our application, can I use my own account for the POF as it has better inflow and outflow or do we need to transfer the money to the MA?

3. Can we do upfront TB tests or everything has to be after we set up an account?

4. The PCC expires fast, when is it advisable we do it?

5. Which of the medical test centres is the best for people going this route, I know affordability is relative but we want a cheap one that won't stress us, I saw $150 quoted for IOM on the UK government website while Q-Life was quoted in naira but I'd wait to hear from experienced people here.

6. The MA would be writing UKVI IELTS does she need to submit her credentials through ECCTIS again?

Thank you all in anticipation of a prompt response.

Also thanks to Uzland for this thread and to everyone keeping this thread alive. We were focusing on Canada but this one came and we have to take it.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Jorussia(m): 10:28am On Nov 16, 2023
GraceofGod100:

Ohk it was around £600+ but 700 is outrageous sha
I have not decided yet on what i want to do.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 11:36am On Nov 16, 2023
ddooskie:

Thank you all in anticipation of a prompt response.

U have a job....do u have COS?? ..if yes....next thing is to apply for visa if u have all the required documents..apply below

https://apply-to-visit-or-stay-in-the-uk.homeoffice.gov.uk/sort/start/skilled_worker_out_uk

If u don't have the documents required for visa application .... go and get them.....No step by step sir.....get them in any step u like.....just get them and get the correct one.......and apply through the link above...

Married couples need to prove to ukvi their marriage is real: u must give ukvi ur personal chat with ur wife, proof of address u both live together, pictures ...

If u have kids together : u need to get NPC issued birth certificate .....if u have it but it was not issued around the time u birthed them ... U will need further proof of their age ....like hospital records or hospital issued birth certificate or school records showing their age.

If u have kids from another relationship: that's a different Pandora's box entirely ...(I don't have strength)

Answers to your question
2: u can use hers or yours...just make sure the money required is complete for the number of applicants and obey the atleast 28days rule before applying.....I.e if the money is not already in your account ...because it's a small amount..many pple have it already in their account...if that's ur case..u dont need to wait for another 28days.

if u don't have the money....put the money needed in the account ... .the account will be ready in 28days or more from which ever day u put it.

3... ur TB test should be ready before end of 28days so u can apply once 28days is complete.. and if your account is already set..just go get the rest document .

4..u said u have a job offer already ...do u have COS .....if not... wait for COS before u get all documents that can expire.... sometimes COS is not issued quickly ..

5...use anyone of the tb test center u like ... the 150$ from IOM is an old quote that was in use before APC destroyed this nation ....IOm charges around 59k for TB test(last I checked) Book an appointment, confirm ur appointment, pay , and go for test

6 No....

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by ddooskie(m): 11:48am On Nov 16, 2023
advanceDNA:

U have a job....do u have COS??

We are in the process of getting the COS.

advanceDNA:

5...use anyone of the tb test center u like ... the 150$ from IOM is an old quote that was in use before APC destroyed this nation ....IOm charges around 59k for TB test(last I checked) Book an appointment, confirm ur appointment, pay , and go for test

Thank you very much 🙏 for this detailed response.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by babe4chi(f): 2:01pm On Nov 16, 2023
Jorussia:

You must really be silly 🙄. Who does malpractice in an Ielts exam? With their strict arrangement plus camera?
Stupid you…

3 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Jorussia(m): 2:55pm On Nov 16, 2023
babe4chi:

You must really be silly 🙄. Who does malpractice in an Ielts exam? With their strict arrangement plus camera?
Stupid you…
so na big man like me u dey insult? cry.no wahala,i apologise for my previous comment.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (557) (558) (559) (560) (561) (562) (563) ... (608) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.