Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,439 members, 7,819,613 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:09 PM

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route - Travel (75) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route (848522 Views)

UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (607) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by dee1504: 7:34pm On Mar 22, 2022
beautyfoch:
Let me share my experience with an NHS TRUST.

I applied to one trust that has Certificate of Sponsorship advertised in the role (the Per annum salary was over 21k pounds). I was shortlisted for an interview.
On the day of the interview, I specifically told the interview panel that I am NOT resident in the UK and would require a Certificate of Sponsorship if successful. They assured me that they were aware because it was mentioned in my application.
The interview lasted for more than 30 minutes with lots of drilling and questions flying up and down.

One week later, I received a conditional offer of employment which was even addressed to my Nigeria home address. I was so elated and danced to my "answered prayers".

I then noticed that part of my conditions was to provide my "right to work in the UK". I sent an email immediately and notified them that I would be needing a COS in order to apply for visa as earlier mentioned during my interview.

Boom! I received the shocker of my life, they cannot issue me a COS (that the healthcare assistant role I applied for is not eligible for sponsorship)
I was shocked to the bone marrow, I referred them to UKVI website with the necessary links to back up my facts.
They maintained that for NHS band 2 jobs, sponsorship cannot be issued as it does not meet the "going rate" on UKVI website irrespective of the salary.

After some days, the offer was withdrawn. I felt very bad and discouraged.

This particular experience taught me a lesson for NHS applications. It's clearly obvious they do not sponsor lower band jobs.

I have picked my broken pieces and moved on. I believe God that my YES is around the corner wink smiley

Sorry about your experience. A lot of NHS managers are not aware of this rule and they run foul of it. It was probably the HR personnel that called their attention to their goof before they realized. Just keep your hopes up. The fact that you got this one means that you're capable of even better.

That been said, please, always avoid applying for any jobs lower than Band 4 from Nigeria. They won't give CoS

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Iwuese2022: 8:14pm On Mar 22, 2022
Omo you e been through a lot o
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by beautyfoch: 8:18pm On Mar 22, 2022
Thank you for the encouragement. I have learnt from my experience.
Henceforth, no more applications for low band jobs in NHS
dee1504:

Sorry about your experience. A lot of NHS managers are not aware of this rule and they run foul of it. It was probably the HR personnel that called their attention to their goof before they realized. Just keep your hopes up. The fact that you got this one means that you're capable of even better.

That been said, please, always avoid applying for any jobs lower than Band 4 from Nigeria. They won't give CoS
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by beautyfoch: 8:28pm On Mar 22, 2022
Definitely!! There is no room for giving up.

May all our efforts be crowned with success stories! Amen..
Emurate1:
Keep pushing. That one YES will come.

Na who give up fvck up
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by mimilyrics: 8:54pm On Mar 22, 2022
Some actually sponsor. Try Trusts within London - then enhancements make the pay better. I know someone who was sponsored as a Band 2 HCA by a London Trust but the person was already in the UK though and it wasn't even stated on the ad that sponsorship was available. The person just sent a mail to the recruiting manager asking about COS to avoid going out of status as current visa was expiring in about 2 weeks - HR gave the runaround but after the manager was involved, a COS was sent within 2 days.
beautyfoch:
Let me share my experience with an NHS TRUST.

I applied to one trust that has Certificate of Sponsorship advertised in the role (the Per annum salary was over 21k pounds). I was shortlisted for an interview.
On the day of the interview, I specifically told the interview panel that I am NOT resident in the UK and would require a Certificate of Sponsorship if successful. They assured me that they were aware because it was mentioned in my application.
The interview lasted for more than 30 minutes with lots of drilling and questions flying up and down.

One week later, I received a conditional offer of employment which was even addressed to my Nigeria home address. I was so elated and danced to my "answered prayers".

I then noticed that part of my conditions was to provide my "right to work in the UK". I sent an email immediately and notified them that I would be needing a COS in order to apply for visa as earlier mentioned during my interview.

Boom! I received the shocker of my life, they cannot issue me a COS (that the healthcare assistant role I applied for is not eligible for sponsorship)
I was shocked to the bone marrow, I referred them to UKVI website with the necessary links to back up my facts.
They maintained that for NHS band 2 jobs, sponsorship cannot be issued as it does not meet the "going rate" on UKVI website irrespective of the salary.

After some days, the offer was withdrawn. I felt very bad and discouraged.

This particular experience taught me a lesson for NHS applications. It's clearly obvious they do not sponsor lower band jobs.

I have picked my broken pieces and moved on. I believe God that my YES is around the corner wink smiley

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by DeeOneBangin: 8:57pm On Mar 22, 2022
I see massive COS landing in this thread soon. cheesy

Guys get your documents ready so there wouldn't be any form of delay. Tb tests, Knowledge of English, Funds, e.t.c

3 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by beautyfoch: 9:19pm On Mar 22, 2022
It is actually a Trust in London.

The attached screenshot was the basis of their argument, that they cannot issue COS for band 2 jobs as per the going rate on UKVI website. That band 2 was not listed in the table hence is not eligible for sponsorship.
mimilyrics:
Some actually sponsor. Try Trusts within London - then enhancements make the pay better. I know someone who was sponsored as a Band 2 HCA by a London Trust but the person was already in the UK though and it wasn't even stated on the ad that sponsorship was available. The person just sent a mail to the recruiting manager asking about COS to avoid going out of status as current visa was expiring in about 2 weeks - HR gave the runaround but after the manager was involved, a COS was sent within 2 days.

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Emurate1: 10:07pm On Mar 22, 2022
Amen oo
DeeOneBangin:

Guys get your documents ready so there wouldn't be any form of delay. Tb tests, Knowledge of English, Funds, e.t.c
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by mimilyrics: 10:22pm On Mar 22, 2022
Guess different Trusts, different Takes. I'm hoping that you get an offer that can sponsor soon. NHS can sometimes be difficult to get into but once you're in, you're in.
beautyfoch:
It is actually a Trust in London.

The attached screenshot was the basis of their argument, that they cannot issue COS for band 2 jobs as per the going rate on UKVI website. That band 2 was not listed in the table hence is not eligible for sponsorship.

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by AllisonUK: 11:08pm On Mar 22, 2022
Aww beauty. That's a lot of teasing for one poor heart to bear! I can just imagine the heartbreak. I wouldn't have been able to sleep for one week. Ndo.
It's probably the reason why they've been rejecting applications left, right and center these days. It might seem wicked, but they're really being kind, by not even having an interview in the first instance. I must state that I prefer it like this abeg. There's only so much disappointment that someone can bear.

That said, I don't even know a lot of jobs without experience, that would be placed above band 2. It can be difficult to see. Even the requirements for band 3 sometimes, will make you feel like it's not ordinary NVQ 2 or 3 they are asking for. And salary difference might not even be much. We will be alright.

Perhaps the solution is to restrategize and just focus on care homes. Afterall, UK is UK. Once we get there, we reggae the reggae and align as we originally aspired to.

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by beautyfoch: 5:40am On Mar 23, 2022
Amen. I am optimistic.. it will surely end in Praise
mimilyrics:
Guess different Trusts, different Takes. I'm hoping that you get an offer that can sponsor soon. NHS can sometimes be difficult to get into but once you're in, you're in.

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by stanvesco(m): 6:08am On Mar 23, 2022
Emurate1:
Where are you currently?
Abakaliki
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by beautyfoch: 6:08am On Mar 23, 2022
You are absolutely right. After that experience, I restrategized to care homes application.

But funny enough, getting a positive response from care homes is now a herculean task.
it seems like our "brothers and sisters" over there have hijacked the jobs. Majority of them are switching from student visa to Tier 2 without fully completing their studies while some made it a point of duty to source for homes offering COS and forward to their direct relatives for easy application.

Notwithstanding, it will surely end in Praise for everyone of us smiley

AllisonUK:

Perhaps the solution is to restrategize and just focus on care homes. Afterall, UK is UK. Once we get there, we reggae the reggae and align as we originally aspired to.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Bostin(m): 8:55am On Mar 23, 2022
Worldgreatest01@gmail.com
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Upzyworld(m): 9:08am On Mar 23, 2022
please add me too, i will also appreciate any positive links,
monibay24:
Good morning. Please, kindly add this two email: monibay24@gmail.com taiwoajenifuja@hotmail.com
fatobles@gmail.com
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Jaybadestboy: 10:41am On Mar 23, 2022
Its getting harder and harder as they are exhausting thier sponsorship allocation
beautyfoch:
You are absolutely right. After that experience, I restrategized to care homes application.

But funny enough, getting a positive response from care homes is now a herculean task.
it seems like our "brothers and sisters" over there have hijacked the jobs. Majority of them are switching from student visa to Tier 2 without fully completing their studies while some made it a point of duty to source for homes offering COS and forward to their direct relatives for easy application.

Notwithstanding, it will surely end in Praise for everyone of us smiley

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by DeeOneBangin: 11:42am On Mar 23, 2022
Jaybadestboy:
Its getting harder and harder as they are exhausting thier sponsorship allocation

Is it that after getting a sponsorship licence, there is a maximum number of employees they can sponsor at a time. Cos I have been seeing some companies say that one batch is full and you have to wait for another like 6 months for another batch.

Do you know how it works?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by paulavon: 11:46am On Mar 23, 2022
Please I need advice.

A friend of my wife living in the UK, promised to secure a health care job for her(COS),which she had done for someone already.

My issue is with the funds to finance the whole process.

My question is that if she can provide the COS, will it be a wise decision for me to sell my car to finance the Visa application.

My fear is being denied Visa after going head long.

I want someone to confirm to me if getting COS guarantees getting the Visa.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Emurate1: 11:52am On Mar 23, 2022
If you are able to provide Proof of funds and every other document you submit is legit, your visa will be certain
paulavon:
Please I need advice.

A friend of my wife living in the UK, promised to secure a health care job for her(COS),which she had done for someone already.

My issue is with the funds to finance the whole process.

My question is that if she can provide the COS, will it be a wise decision for me to sell my car to finance the Visa application.

My fear is being denied Visa after going head long.

I want someone to confirm to me if getting COS guarantees getting the Visa.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Jaybadestboy: 11:52am On Mar 23, 2022
I really don't know but I know there is a limit

DeeOneBangin:

Is it that after getting a sponsorship licence, there is a maximum number of employees they can sponsor at a time. Cos I have been seeing some companies say that one batch is full and you have to wait for another like 6 months for another batch.

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Emurate1: 11:52am On Mar 23, 2022
Yes. There's a maximum number
DeeOneBangin:

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by paulavon: 11:58am On Mar 23, 2022
That is what I just want to confirm, that if I can get the COS, proof of funds and other required documents that I will get the Visa

Emurate1:
If you are able to provide Proof of funds and every other document you submit is legit, your visa will be certain
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Nayoomee: 12:27pm On Mar 23, 2022
Hello…..
During my UK visa application on 14th March, I uploaded a police clearance certificate that expired on 7th March and I have done my biometrics already on 16th.
It’s a skilled worker visa with CoS. Can this make my visa to be declined?
I’m really scared…….
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by swankylay(m): 2:15pm On Mar 23, 2022
Pls can OND / HND apply for Ecctis certificate too? I'm asking for someone. . Even tho she recently acquired a university certificate but not yet ready. She's a nurse already working at a primary Healthcare.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by magnetik(m): 2:54pm On Mar 23, 2022
swankylay:
Pls can OND / HND apply for Ecctis certificate too? I'm asking for someone. . Even tho she recently acquired a university certificate but not yet ready. She's a nurse already working at a primary Healthcare.

No. It's from university degree
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by LagosismyHome(f): 5:31pm On Mar 23, 2022
Nayoomee:
Hello…..
During my UK visa application on 14th March, I uploaded a police clearance certificate that expired on 7th March and I have done my biometrics already on 16th.
It’s a skilled worker visa with CoS. Can this make my visa to be declined?
I’m really scared…….

But why didn't you submit a new police clearance.... really why would you take this kind of risk when police clearance isn't so difficult to get

Nobody can predict this outcome. You just have to wait and see now . Hopefully its fine but ensure to get another one before you travel
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by MegaChristy: 5:51pm On Mar 23, 2022
AmenO, we will share our testimonies soon
DeeOneBangin:

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (607) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

Viewing this topic: babylawyr(f) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.