Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,007 members, 7,956,729 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 05:35 PM

How Is FG Policy Affecting Your Children's School Choice? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Is FG Policy Affecting Your Children's School Choice? (11138 Views)

Ghost Capture On Camera In Children School Make Sure To Pray For Them / This Happened At My Children's School Today / How ASUU Strike Is Affecting Graduates Too (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Is FG Policy Affecting Your Children's School Choice? by Nobody: 9:44am On Sep 13, 2021
Klass99:

You no give that your colleague better answer to make him forever shut his trap, about your business and marital status?

Some married people in Naija like acting as if by virtue of their marriage and kids they are the most decent and responsible people on this earth, always trying to minimize the challenges of single people or taking jabs at us and making snide remarks about how we choose to spend our money or live our lives as singles.

Misery truly loves company - that's how a former neighbour was praying and prophesying for me to get married. She said if you join your faith with mine, in not time at all you will get married and have your own kids too.

Two weeks later she and her hubby were fighting, I heard her say - If you ever slap me again, you will see what my people will do to you. I have given them the address to this house and they will track you to this new house. Hubby was on one side shouting - Useless woman, I helped you by marrying you and more........ unkind things.

Me undecided, I laid on my bed thinking - See wetin person been dey pray for me, sey make I enter. They regularly fought like that even in front of their kids, saying nasty things to each other till they moved out. One fight was so bad I was increasing the volume on my TV to drown them out and not be subjected to their verbal assault which was often unsettling to hear.

That's how one asked me when are you getting married, you no go try marry? I told her I want to marry a widower, when she dies and her husband becomes a widower then I will marry him. See abuse wey I chop that day grin, but she knew to keep her mouth shut about my life and business from that day forward.
Lol you want to marry a widower.
Re: How Is FG Policy Affecting Your Children's School Choice? by Klass99(f): 9:52am On Sep 13, 2021
smiley

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Is FG Policy Affecting Your Children's School Choice? by VTJN(m): 9:53am On Sep 13, 2021
tonididdy:

So sad... All that man needs is a boy and his life will be brand-new again.
I wish that family Gods grace to pull through such mental challenge.
How'd a boy make the family's life brown new again?

We are all boys in my family with just a girl and practically living from hand to mouth. How does that makes our family brown new?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Is FG Policy Affecting Your Children's School Choice? by VTJN(m): 9:55am On Sep 13, 2021
kokanepyramid:

Lol you want to marry a widower.
That's sarcasm. To shut her up smiley smiley
Re: How Is FG Policy Affecting Your Children's School Choice? by VTJN(m): 9:59am On Sep 13, 2021
Klass99:

It was to shut her up, I knew the answer would prick her well and it did.

Some married people busy body no be here o! I don't understand why they cannot face front and mind their numerous responsibilities in marriage.

Na to dey look single people life, offering unsolicited advice, prayers and prophecies upandan. I keep telling people that what is worrying Aisha, is not the same thing worrying Bukola o.

But, in Naija they assume every single woman's problem is marriage and kids. My headache right now is how to attain financial freedom to a point where I also have freedom of time to live the life of my dreams.

I hate waking up to an alarm clock, hitting the road too early to avoid traffic, clocking in at work and out of work, hitting the road again in mad traffic.............you sha get the picture nah.
That's how most of them reason. At times they see themselves better and lucky than a single guy/lady because they had a child/kids who might turn out becoming Dangote or Otedola of their family tomorrow smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Is FG Policy Affecting Your Children's School Choice? by Snitch24(m): 9:59am On Sep 13, 2021
Offpoint1:
Omo I'm constantly praying for parents with kids during this era o...

Even as a single guy when I check my weekly, the zeal to work just die off. It's like a rat race.

Imagined big closeup toothpaste of N150 few years ago is now N500.

Last one I bought a month ago was at N350, and N500 yesterday.

My neighbour wife delivered twins last week Friday, both girls... These are people with 5 kids already, all girls. I guess they were seeking for boys, since that Friday husband has not returned homegrin
I was weeping for the man, a plumber for that matter.

The regular 100bread is now 150
A bag of sachet water is now 200
And again I'm saying naira is on its way to a all time low of 740/$
Re: How Is FG Policy Affecting Your Children's School Choice? by Nobody: 10:03am On Sep 13, 2021
Klass99:

It was to shut her up, I knew the answer would prick her well and it did.

Some married people busy body no be here o! I don't understand why they cannot face front and mind their numerous responsibilities in marriage.

Na to dey look single people life, offering unsolicited advice, prayers and prophecies upandan. I keep telling people what is worrying Aisha, is not the same thing worrying Bukola.

But, in Naija they assume every single woman's problem is marriage and kids. My headache right now is how to attain financial freedom to a point where I also have freedom of time to live the life of my dreams. I hate waking up to an alarm clock, hitting the road too early to avoid traffic, clocking in at work at a particular time..........you sha get the picture nah.
The hustle is already stressing you mentally then you add more responsibilities to it. For one I’m not against marriage I love the ideas of kids (2 max) and loving wife. But I’m not yet at a stage where I can comfortably and solely afford a vacation for a family of 4, every year in somewhere like Maldives. I can’t leave them behind and go alone. And annual vacations are a ritual for me to balance my mental health and reward months of hard work.
The approach of September is already making some have high BP. I keep telling people gone are the days you need to rely on your kids at old age. We now have pension savings and lots of investments one can fund for retirements. So all those calculations of when I’m so so age my child should be this old no concern me. Otedola doesn’t give a fck about his children’s money.

If I get a partner that’s equally hardworking, with a great vision and ready to chill on having kids till we can really live good quality life and not bother about pressure from outsiders thinking she’s barren I won’t mind getting married. But that’s difficult to find in our climate.

3 Likes

Re: How Is FG Policy Affecting Your Children's School Choice? by nemynely(m): 10:04am On Sep 13, 2021
Offpoint1:

Even as a single guy when I check my weekly, the zeal to work just die off. It's like a rat race.

My neighbour wife delivered twins last week Friday, both girls... These are people with 5 kids already, all girls. I guess they were seeking for boys, since that Friday husband has not returned homegrin

Yesterday, i priced the dollar with those Allen Abokis to 565!!!. It means worse days are still ahead. In essence, people should brace up for further rise in the cost of services and commodities.

About that Plumber, i have no iota of pity for him. His myopic, dogmatic, archaic mindset still tells him that his girl children are worthless abi? Ruth was considered better than 7able bodied men put together. Here in Naija, we still reckon with oby Ezekwesili, late Dora Akunyili, Genevieve, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala etc who are themselves 10men put together.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Is FG Policy Affecting Your Children's School Choice? by Klass99(f): 10:04am On Sep 13, 2021
smiley

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Is FG Policy Affecting Your Children's School Choice? by Nobody: 10:04am On Sep 13, 2021
VTJN:
That's sarcasm. To shut her up smiley smiley
I know, just funny and mean at the same time

1 Like

Re: How Is FG Policy Affecting Your Children's School Choice? by VTJN(m): 10:09am On Sep 13, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:
Buhari Buhari Buhari, always Buhari, does your state Government not offer free education for primary & secondary school students? It is President Buhari who Abikunle Amosun paid his children’s school fees for him in the United Kingdom that you are blaming?
Are you kidding me guy? You are recommending those dump sites for someone to take his/her wards to?

You must be a jocker smiley
Re: How Is FG Policy Affecting Your Children's School Choice? by reidkrugger(m): 10:09am On Sep 13, 2021
Omooba77:
As the school resume today, we pray that God will provide for all parents to meet the financial need of our Children. My alarming question is; How is FG Policy affecting your children's School choice?
Are you changing schools because of economy realities?

They have... Na u build school for them? Or are they d cause of d hardship? We should be directing all dis Lamentations at d government. Not one another. Now dats d problem. Ogbeni go pay your pikin money abeg. God will provide for all of us but let's hold d govt accountable for once.

1 Like

Re: How Is FG Policy Affecting Your Children's School Choice? by Ulunne777(f): 10:13am On Sep 13, 2021
Lamanii22:

I have never used that sensodyne, whenever I go to the supermarket to buy it, I'll always change my mind, itu's N1,020.... My mind would tell me, better pick 3 closeup herbal, or Colgate herbal lol

Lol. I don't leave mine on the brushing sink again, I hang it up the cabinet. Every morning and night I dispense it myself for them.
Before they spread it like the adverts show but now I spread it pea sized like its recommended. Lol.

1 Like

Re: How Is FG Policy Affecting Your Children's School Choice? by VTJN(m): 10:14am On Sep 13, 2021
nemynely:

Yesterday, i priced the dollar with those Allen Abokis to 565!!!. It means worse days are still ahead. In essence, people should brace up for further rise in the cost of services and commodities.

About that Plumber, i have no iota of pity for him. His myopic, dogmatic, archaic mindset still tells him that his girl children are worthless abi? Ruth was considered better than 7able bodied men put together. Here in Naija, we still reckon with oby Ezekwesili, late Dora Akunyili, Genevieve, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala etc who are themselves 10men put together.
Some mumu men don't reason like that o. Even the educated ones still reason backwards. Let them go to the correctional centres across Nigeria to see how useless some boys/men are.
Re: How Is FG Policy Affecting Your Children's School Choice? by VTJN(m): 10:20am On Sep 13, 2021
kokanepyramid:

The hustle is already stressing you mentally then you add more responsibilities to it. For one I’m not against marriage I love the ideas of kids (2 max) and loving wife. But I’m not yet at a stage where I can comfortably and solely afford a vacation for a family of 4, every year in somewhere like Maldives. I can’t leave them behind and go alone. And annual vacations are a ritual for me to balance my mental health and reward months of hard work.
The approach of September is already making some have high BP. I keep telling people gone are the days you need to rely on your kids at old age. We now have pension savings and lots of investments one can fund for retirements. So all those calculations of when I’m so so age my child should be this old no concern me. Otedola doesn’t give a fck about his children’s money.

If I get a partner that’s equally hardworking, with a great vision and ready to chill on having kids till we can really live good quality life and not bother about pressure from outsiders thinking she’s barren I won’t mind getting married. But that’s difficult to find in our climate.
That's another major factor that breeds poverty. Everything isn't government. We ought to apply common sense to it. They breed kids with the hope of them becoming Dangote or Otedola tomorrow and look after them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Is FG Policy Affecting Your Children's School Choice? by Klass99(f): 10:20am On Sep 13, 2021
smiley

1 Like

Re: How Is FG Policy Affecting Your Children's School Choice? by obstead200(m): 10:24am On Sep 13, 2021
kokanepyramid:
People that are finding it difficult to pay their ward’s school fees in this economy will be the first to advise young men to get married.

Misery really loves company.

I think it’s just out of envy seeing how you are enjoying your life looking fresh. The other day I took leave from work and embarked on vacation out of the country. This married colleague won’t stop yapping about “my being single is why I’m doing all these, that they with kids are planning for September school fees” then ended it with “ you better go and marry and stop wasting time”.
brother, while we enjoy the joys of Parenthood, the responsibility that comes with it no be here ooo.
Abeg enjoy Ur singlehood to the fullest. It is a rare and privileged opportunity. The possibilities for u are boundless

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Is FG Policy Affecting Your Children's School Choice? by tonididdy(m): 10:43am On Sep 13, 2021
VTJN:
How'd a boy make the family's life brown new again?

We are all boys in my family with just a girl and practically living from hand to mouth. How does that makes our family brown new?

.... One man's meat.
The man in question feels useless to say the least, a boy will give him hope again.
5 girls is not a case of "I like children".
Re: How Is FG Policy Affecting Your Children's School Choice? by Offpoint1: 11:04am On Sep 13, 2021
ImaIma1:

Haaa!

They should keep trying. A boy will come.
lol, why are you so wicked?

1 Like

Re: How Is FG Policy Affecting Your Children's School Choice? by VTJN(m): 11:05am On Sep 13, 2021
tonididdy:

.... One man's meat.
The man in question feels useless to say the least, a boy will give him hope again.
5 girls is not a case of "I like children".
illiteracy is added to his penury i guess
Re: How Is FG Policy Affecting Your Children's School Choice? by Omooba77: 11:06am On Sep 13, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:
Are your Children in Federal Schools, what concerns the FG? Tell me who the Governor of your State is, & I will tell you your problem, you still want to pick & choose, & play hypocrisy despite the fact that you are struggling to pay school fees?

How much was a cup of garri sold for last year, beans, school books, bags and uniform. When you reason, think like homo... Playing politics with everything is evil.

1 Like

Re: How Is FG Policy Affecting Your Children's School Choice? by Nobody: 11:22am On Sep 13, 2021
Offpoint1:

N11,000 foodstuff is carried in one bagco super sack.

Nigeria has lost it economically.

1 Like

Re: How Is FG Policy Affecting Your Children's School Choice? by Vinnie2000(m): 11:34am On Sep 13, 2021
dfrost:

This option has always been there but trust most Nigerians with “herd mentality”.

Home Schooling has lots of Disadvantages and won't be Acceptable in Nigeria?

*Who will stay with d child@home to teach him/her?
*How will access the child's academic progress when there is no one to comparisons with? sad

Also, a child needs Interaction in Learning with others!!
Re: How Is FG Policy Affecting Your Children's School Choice? by Nobody: 11:34am On Sep 13, 2021
kokanepyramid:
People that are finding it difficult to pay their ward’s school fees in this economy will be the first to advise young men to get married.

I think it’s just out of envy seeing how you are enjoying your life looking fresh. The other day I took leave from work and embarked on vacation out of the country. This married colleague won’t stop yapping about “my being single is why I’m doing all these, that they with kids are planning for September school fees” then ended it with “ you better go and marry and stop wasting time”.

Omoh, nah now I understand this quote.

Whenever one intends to move his life to the next level, he starts receiving stupid unsolicited advice.

League of advisers whose lives are more miserable than yours.

Stress free life is the best, if you are adding somebody into your life, it must be a person who reduces your stress level, not someone who adds to it.

1 Like

Re: How Is FG Policy Affecting Your Children's School Choice? by ImaIma1(f): 12:00pm On Sep 13, 2021
Offpoint1:

lol, why are you so wicked?

cheesy

Such people will still have more. They will tell you that it is God that gives children.
Re: How Is FG Policy Affecting Your Children's School Choice? by BRATISLAVA: 1:01pm On Sep 13, 2021
kokanepyramid:

What do you expect from a society that has placed so much value on marriage as a status symbol?
Re: How Is FG Policy Affecting Your Children's School Choice? by Limassol(m): 1:04pm On Sep 13, 2021
NOGRUDGES:
Government primary and secondary school are still free last time I checked. Go to you level, even one governor put him child for public schu.
Are you that child had been pulled out of that school? Can't you see it's all publicity stunt afterall.... Do your kids attend public schools?
Re: How Is FG Policy Affecting Your Children's School Choice? by bullykay: 1:07pm On Sep 13, 2021
NOGRUDGES:
Government primary and secondary school are still free last time I checked. Go to you level, even one governor put him child for public schu.

If u refering to El-Rufai, he has withdrawn his son from public school
Re: How Is FG Policy Affecting Your Children's School Choice? by bullykay: 1:10pm On Sep 13, 2021
AKWATGOLD1:
Some parents will maintained the same schools their children is attending because changing schools comes with its own challenges both mentally stress for the kids and major finance to the parents.

Forget mental stress.... U don talk true... Na major finance to the parents.
Re: How Is FG Policy Affecting Your Children's School Choice? by Limassol(m): 1:11pm On Sep 13, 2021
dfrost:

This option has always been there but trust most Nigerians with “herd mentality”.

Don't be fooled into thinking public schools offer the same quality of education as their private counterparts.... The difference is clear as day. Are you even a Nigerian?
Re: How Is FG Policy Affecting Your Children's School Choice? by Limassol(m): 1:16pm On Sep 13, 2021
dfrost:

Quality is the difference, nothing to do with herd mentality.
Re: How Is FG Policy Affecting Your Children's School Choice? by Limassol(m): 1:23pm On Sep 13, 2021
michaelwilli:

You call that crap education?
Don't bother bro! You will be startled to find out such people take their kids to expensive private schools,yet come online to praise public schools. Ain't this hypocrisy?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

jamb 2017 2018 admission into all Nigeria universities / 2015 Webometrics Ranking : Nigeria’s Best 100 Universities (latest) / Public School Boy Scores 310 In UTME & 75% In Post UTME

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.