Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,749 members, 7,813,459 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:35 PM

Seun Kuti Tells Religious Leaders To Stop Praying For Nigeria - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Seun Kuti Tells Religious Leaders To Stop Praying For Nigeria (17582 Views)

They Deserve The Insult- Seun Kuti Tells Nigerians Insulting Their Parent Over F / I Cannot Vote For Buhari Because Of My Father, Femi Kuti Tells Osinbajo. / My Dad’s Spirit Doesn’t Live Through You, Seun Kuti Tells Kanye West (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seun Kuti Tells Religious Leaders To Stop Praying For Nigeria by caandi: 2:09pm On Sep 13, 2021
Supported, praying � for Nigeria �� is like encouraging our politicians, instead of praying � for them we gat to rise up and face them
Re: Seun Kuti Tells Religious Leaders To Stop Praying For Nigeria by mu2sa2: 2:12pm On Sep 13, 2021
Brokeloser:
Na who chop bellefull dey reason naija mata.Once I fit hammer bet9ja na to japa leave this shithole.Oil money I no see chop and you expect me to fight on an empty stomach and die for nothing like those at lekki tollgate abi.
You want to make money from here and run away with the money. Well done, you hear!! Japa now and make your money wherever you want to japa to.
God bless our dear native land of Nigeria and decimate her detractors.
Re: Seun Kuti Tells Religious Leaders To Stop Praying For Nigeria by sirwhyteB(m): 2:21pm On Sep 13, 2021
Abohboy:

So in the amalgamation letter did it say that it has a expiry date and all parties can divide at will? No it doesn't there's no reason for Nigeria's division instead of looking for a civil war why don't we get the right people into power and get a referendum through that medium instead of wasting our time fighting
Well Spoken!
I really appreciate your high level of maturity.
Civil war can never solve the problem.
The referendum you talked about seems to be the way out but our leaders can't give it a trial simply because the already knows the possible outcome.

It's obvious that Nigeria is no longer working out positively and most of her citizens are not happy about it.

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Tells Religious Leaders To Stop Praying For Nigeria by madridsta007(m): 2:21pm On Sep 13, 2021
Odewaleadesoye:

https://dailypost.ng/2021/09/13/stop-praying-for-nigeria-seun-kuti-tells-religious-leaders/

Wish he could be bold enough to include the Imams, Sheikhs and all the Islamic Religious leaders ruling Nigeria. Or does he think that Shiekh Gumi, Imam Pantami are all Christians? cheesy
Re: Seun Kuti Tells Religious Leaders To Stop Praying For Nigeria by lexy2014: 2:56pm On Sep 13, 2021
Lollittaa:
"... men ought always to pray and not to faint" Like 18:1
We're called to pray ALWAYS, for and in every situation. Telling pastors not to urge their members not to pray, is like telling a farmer not to take a hoe and cutlass to the farm.
Why pastors are often the focus of these people is what I don't understand. How many percent of the Nigerian population are pastors?
Are pastors democratically elected?
What's the army and police meant for then?

Did Nathan pray for David? Did Elijah pray for Jezebel/Ahab? Did Moses pray for pharaoh?

Can u name d countries in d world that have succeeded because they prayed?

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Tells Religious Leaders To Stop Praying For Nigeria by Abohboy: 3:08pm On Sep 13, 2021
sirwhyteB:

Well Spoken!
I really appreciate your high level of maturity.
Civil war can never solve the problem.
The referendum you talked about seems to be the way out but our leaders can't give it a trial simply because the already knows the possible outcome.

It's obvious that Nigeria is no longer working out positively and most of her citizens are not happy about it.

Which is why we need new people to take power in this country like Moghalu

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Tells Religious Leaders To Stop Praying For Nigeria by Abohboy: 3:10pm On Sep 13, 2021
Lollittaa:

link

Go on instagram and see the original post
Re: Seun Kuti Tells Religious Leaders To Stop Praying For Nigeria by Bigchristo: 3:31pm On Sep 13, 2021
Lollittaa:

Are you aware that this country has military and para military trained and paid to ensure security within and without the country?
Are you also aware that if I am caught in possession of firearms, that would translate into a prison sentence for me?
Or are you trying to be a hypocrite?
Be asking questions while you wait patiently to allow them slaughter we Christians like chicken, the government and security agencies won’t help when the doom day comes it’s not a matter of being hypocrites, how many of those Herdsmen and bandits have been prosecuted for the killings?rather they’re releasing the ones captured and rehabilitating them to be repentant bandits and Boko Haram Maybe you’re not aware... Doom day is sitting at the fence looking at we Christians may God help us all to realized that we need to fight.
Re: Seun Kuti Tells Religious Leaders To Stop Praying For Nigeria by bmdmix11: 3:41pm On Sep 13, 2021
CelestineNelson:
He just said nothing absolutely nothing...
Nigeria Musicians and waste talk Na 5&6
says u
Re: Seun Kuti Tells Religious Leaders To Stop Praying For Nigeria by dododawa1: 3:55pm On Sep 13, 2021
To be sincerely,I don't even remember to pray for Nigeria expect myself and my family finish.
Re: Seun Kuti Tells Religious Leaders To Stop Praying For Nigeria by Brokeloser: 3:59pm On Sep 13, 2021
mu2sa2:
You want to make money from here and run away with the money. We'll done, you hear!! Japa now and make your money wherever you want to japa to.
God bless our dear native land of Nigeria and decimate her detractors.
Adamu musa na your useless nomadic cow piss drinking family God go subtract from this life.Thunder strike your black forehead.Bastardd head slammer.
Re: Seun Kuti Tells Religious Leaders To Stop Praying For Nigeria by meedoLock(m): 5:30pm On Sep 13, 2021
Like what is the essence of doing things same way and expecting miracle to happen over night. Hypocrisy of the highest order and it is what we enjoy most, our grand religious clerica package us fallacies having us believe it will all happen If you have believe in their prophesy while developed mind in a developed society practice pragmatism.

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Tells Religious Leaders To Stop Praying For Nigeria by seunayantokun(m): 6:50pm On Sep 13, 2021
For me as a Christian, I believe we must be practical as to salvation first and foremost, then live practical as to our liberty. To do otherwise amounts to hopeless crass ignorance which results in self-inflicted genocide.

Our prayer must reflect what we actually desire, not abstract things emotionally whipped into people by some religious leaders who think God is who they say HE is. For instance, nobody desires what is going on in north east, north west, southern Kaduna, Plateau, Benue, and all parts of southern Nigeria except those who organised it. And those killing us are the ones ruling us. It will be stupid to keep quiet or pray ignorantly for the preservation or progress of the terrorist government. What do we sincerely desire in the present circumstances? Total victory over the evil system that gives power to the those carrying out genocides against us. We also desire justice for victims; and prevention of future occurrence - so total eradication of the system needed. God please grant this speedily in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen!

Docility is never the intent, spirit and letter of the Word of God. We must withdraw our support for evil governments; we must speak against evil governments; we must vote out evil governments; we must do everything lawful, legal, right, rightful, and constitutional to defeat those who want to break our will and destroy us.

God executed judgement on Egypt brought Israel out, and caused Pharaoh and his soldiers to sink into the Red Sea.
So I pray God shall do same for us in Nigeria: He shall collapse the evil system, destroy the terrorists and their government, and set us free to our different nations in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen!
Re: Seun Kuti Tells Religious Leaders To Stop Praying For Nigeria by blowjohn(m): 7:55pm On Sep 13, 2021
Betece:
I think Seun is right because looking at the present dispensation and derivation, it is only logical to withhold without withstanding or withdrawing the initial deposit in the account, thereby making it an advisory of yam and pineapple theory .
What am I saying?
If you look closely to the current agendum or ignoramus of Nigeria and pastors you will notice that the jacket and erosion can't shout without pocketing the river administration admirably

Guy
Re: Seun Kuti Tells Religious Leaders To Stop Praying For Nigeria by Gamesmart: 8:28pm On Sep 13, 2021
lexy2014:

Did Nathan pray for David? Did Elijah pray for Jezebel/Ahab? Did Moses pray for pharaoh?

The real question is: Tell me what are the achievements of home-based players in CAN, WAFU, ACL etc. that shows they are worthy as the main base for selection to represent Nigeria instead of the foreign-based players.

grin grin grin
Re: Seun Kuti Tells Religious Leaders To Stop Praying For Nigeria by lexy2014: 8:31pm On Sep 13, 2021
Gamesmart:

The real question is: Tell me what are the achievements of home-based players in CAN, WAFU, ACL etc. that shows they are worthy as the main base for selection to represent Nigeria instead of the foreign-based players.

grin grin grin

grin grin grin
Re: Seun Kuti Tells Religious Leaders To Stop Praying For Nigeria by Gamesmart: 11:39pm On Sep 13, 2021
lexy2014:

grin grin grin

grin grin grin
Re: Seun Kuti Tells Religious Leaders To Stop Praying For Nigeria by lexy2014: 3:42am On Sep 14, 2021
Gamesmart:

grin grin grin

grin grin grin

grin grin grin
Re: Seun Kuti Tells Religious Leaders To Stop Praying For Nigeria by Gamesmart: 7:19am On Sep 14, 2021
lexy2014:

grin grin grin

grin grin grin

I love the way you are tired and just copying my questions.

Beat down!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Tells Religious Leaders To Stop Praying For Nigeria by Timoleon(m): 11:09am On Sep 14, 2021
goodheart02:

God bless America has been the founding motto of the United States and it's totally different from praying for Nigeria. What Seun said is exactly what happens in developed countries. They kick out dysfunctional office holders and not hide in a hole and pray as we do here.
To buttress your point, many of the renowned activists in the USA were (are) preachers and clerics. They use the alter to advocate for positive and affirmative action.

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Tells Religious Leaders To Stop Praying For Nigeria by lexy2014: 3:06pm On Sep 14, 2021
Gamesmart:

I love the way you are tired and just copying my questions.

Beat down!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

U didn't copy and paste again? What happened?

grin grin grin
Re: Seun Kuti Tells Religious Leaders To Stop Praying For Nigeria by denjjy(m): 3:55pm On Sep 14, 2021
Betece:
I think Seun is right because looking at the present dispensation and derivation, it is only logical to withhold without withstanding or withdrawing the initial deposit in the account, thereby making it an advisory of yam and pineapple theory .
What am I saying?
If you look closely to the current agendum or ignoramus of Nigeria and pastors you will notice that the jacket and erosion can't shout without pocketing the river administration admirably
what a beautiful balderdash
Re: Seun Kuti Tells Religious Leaders To Stop Praying For Nigeria by omojeesu(m): 7:23pm On Sep 15, 2021
Abohboy:

Praying can also kill if not accompanied by work it is work that gives you a house and puts food on your table and it is prayer that helps you find the right work so let them work in tandem and not one solely on its own

Correct!

Aren't we saying the same thing?

Did you notice, "Laziness and cluelessness have no place in Christ"?

Faith without work is dead.

Work without faith too is dead.
Re: Seun Kuti Tells Religious Leaders To Stop Praying For Nigeria by Abohboy: 7:28pm On Sep 15, 2021
omojeesu:

Correct!

Aren't we saying the same thing?

Did you notice, "Laziness and cluelessness have no place in Christ"?

Faith without work is dead.

Work without faith too is dead.

But most religious Nigerians don't understand this.
Re: Seun Kuti Tells Religious Leaders To Stop Praying For Nigeria by omojeesu(m): 7:42pm On Sep 15, 2021
Abohboy:

But most religious Nigerians don't understand this.

Religion kills.

One way it does that is to take people's common sense away. To such critical thinking is almost impossible.

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge

Where there's no vision the people perish.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Idris Elba In Town For D'banj's Koko Concert / Basketmouth & Bovi With Wide Eyes (Picture) / Toke Makinwa & Rita Dominic's Outfit To Butter Scotch Evenings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.