Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,859 members, 7,813,936 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:03 PM

Seun Kuti Tells Religious Leaders To Stop Praying For Nigeria - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Seun Kuti Tells Religious Leaders To Stop Praying For Nigeria (17598 Views)

They Deserve The Insult- Seun Kuti Tells Nigerians Insulting Their Parent Over F / I Cannot Vote For Buhari Because Of My Father, Femi Kuti Tells Osinbajo. / My Dad’s Spirit Doesn’t Live Through You, Seun Kuti Tells Kanye West (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seun Kuti Tells Religious Leaders To Stop Praying For Nigeria by VillageElder(m): 12:03pm On Sep 13, 2021
grin grin I'm only praying to leave Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Tells Religious Leaders To Stop Praying For Nigeria by 3ple9ine(m): 12:03pm On Sep 13, 2021
Re: Seun Kuti Tells Religious Leaders To Stop Praying For Nigeria by gidado14(m): 12:04pm On Sep 13, 2021
Re: Seun Kuti Tells Religious Leaders To Stop Praying For Nigeria by Alaganature09(m): 12:04pm On Sep 13, 2021
Seun dey always yarn truth...
Re: Seun Kuti Tells Religious Leaders To Stop Praying For Nigeria by Botking: 12:05pm On Sep 13, 2021
What does this supposed to mean
Re: Seun Kuti Tells Religious Leaders To Stop Praying For Nigeria by Dukeolumidemans(m): 12:05pm On Sep 13, 2021
50% correct and 50% wrong...

Re: Seun Kuti Tells Religious Leaders To Stop Praying For Nigeria by Awise09(m): 12:05pm On Sep 13, 2021
Well it might just be true talk of 2021
Re: Seun Kuti Tells Religious Leaders To Stop Praying For Nigeria by Nobody: 12:05pm On Sep 13, 2021
I totally agree with him. The problem of this country is not because of lack of prayers. I have told myself that anytime I'm in church and the pastor says "pray for Nigeria", I will pray for myself and family members instead.

Before I was born, people have been praying for this country still no change because prayers can't build infrastructures, stop corruption, stop Nepotism and all the ills bedevilling this country.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Kuti Tells Religious Leaders To Stop Praying For Nigeria by Oricha79(m): 12:06pm On Sep 13, 2021
He is on point
Re: Seun Kuti Tells Religious Leaders To Stop Praying For Nigeria by Nobody: 12:06pm On Sep 13, 2021
They say there's nothing prayer cannot do, but I don't think prayer can solve Naija's problem. I think overhauling our leadership would be better.

3 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Tells Religious Leaders To Stop Praying For Nigeria by Nobody: 12:06pm On Sep 13, 2021
jojothunder:
First to comment

What do you people gain from commenting first?
Re: Seun Kuti Tells Religious Leaders To Stop Praying For Nigeria by VillageElder(m): 12:07pm On Sep 13, 2021
100% correct grin grin
Dukeolumidemans:
50% correct and 50% wrong...
Re: Seun Kuti Tells Religious Leaders To Stop Praying For Nigeria by Angelfrost(m): 12:07pm On Sep 13, 2021
Wise words... The hard cold truth!!!

God has better things to do than keep trying to better a nation whose citizens are hell-bent on being unfortunate.

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Tells Religious Leaders To Stop Praying For Nigeria by Femack(m): 12:07pm On Sep 13, 2021
Dere re alot of sense from d nonsense write up,,well, d question now is,who is ready to fight for Nigeria??
Re: Seun Kuti Tells Religious Leaders To Stop Praying For Nigeria by Angelfrost(m): 12:08pm On Sep 13, 2021
VillageElder:
grin grin I'm only praying to leave Nigeria

That prayer point makes far more sense honestly...

2 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Tells Religious Leaders To Stop Praying For Nigeria by Nobody: 12:11pm On Sep 13, 2021
There’s difference between religion and spirituality. Religion is just to enslave and keep the masses in check. And of course, it walks hand in hand with the government ✨�
Re: Seun Kuti Tells Religious Leaders To Stop Praying For Nigeria by Crucialgem(m): 12:12pm On Sep 13, 2021
This guy has more sense and is more of his father than that of is older brother femi kuti, just that I no think say cannabis go allow am live long , the guy they smoke fire
Re: Seun Kuti Tells Religious Leaders To Stop Praying For Nigeria by Decency2020(f): 12:15pm On Sep 13, 2021
yemmight:
Who is Seun Kuti?

He is a realistic human being. One who has decided not to keep deceiving himself believing that with prayers one day sun will rise from the west and set in the east.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Kuti Tells Religious Leaders To Stop Praying For Nigeria by Skillsnigeria: 12:15pm On Sep 13, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Seun Kuti Tells Religious Leaders To Stop Praying For Nigeria by nemynely(m): 12:17pm On Sep 13, 2021
I stand with Ṣeun Kuti 100%
Re: Seun Kuti Tells Religious Leaders To Stop Praying For Nigeria by anyilalaz: 12:17pm On Sep 13, 2021
I come in peace
According to the bible:- Ps.11:3 ….if the foundation is faulty/destroyed/damaged what can the righteous do... , perhjaps nothing. Praying for Nigeria as a country will not change anything; the foundation of the country and her law is a big fallacy... just imagine the opening statement of our constitution - we the people..

The only prayer we can pray is for mark of exemption of one and his FAF..
I go in peace

Odewaleadesoye:

https://dailypost.ng/2021/09/13/stop-praying-for-nigeria-seun-kuti-tells-religious-leaders/

Re: Seun Kuti Tells Religious Leaders To Stop Praying For Nigeria by Angeltjazz2017(m): 12:17pm On Sep 13, 2021
Betece:
I think Seun is right because looking at the present dispensation and derivation, it is only logical to withhold without withstanding or withdrawing the initial deposit in the account, thereby making it an advisory of yam and pineapple theory .
What am I saying?
If you look closely to the current agendum or ignoramus of Nigeria and pastors you will notice that the jacket and erosion can't shout without pocketing the river administration admirably

Ogbeni calm down
Re: Seun Kuti Tells Religious Leaders To Stop Praying For Nigeria by TOPCRUISE(m): 12:17pm On Sep 13, 2021
In Nigeria people pray for NEPA not to take light.
You pray for Nigeria today. Tomorrow price of foodstuff have increased by 20 or 50 percent in Nigeria
You pray against insecurity. You hear Bandits have started their wahala the day after.
Our pastors will say we should pray for our leaders today. By tomorrow you hear billions of Naira have been embezzled by these leaders.

3 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Tells Religious Leaders To Stop Praying For Nigeria by Nobody: 12:18pm On Sep 13, 2021
Shit doesn’t work. They all cheats and liars.

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Tells Religious Leaders To Stop Praying For Nigeria by goodheart02(m): 12:21pm On Sep 13, 2021
lexyman:
Praying for Nigeria is a thing of Choice .... till today a lot of Americans prays for the Country every passing seconds . It has even become s slogan . " God bless America" God bless Nigeria ! Aga Seun Kuti talk another thing

God bless America has been the founding motto of the United States and it's totally different from praying for Nigeria. What Seun said is exactly what happens in developed countries. They kick out dysfunctional office holders and not hide in a hole and pray as we do here.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Kuti Tells Religious Leaders To Stop Praying For Nigeria by youngvito: 12:22pm On Sep 13, 2021
It's ridiculous how much Nigerians pray about practically every situation. When are we going to take our destiny In our own hands and adopt a different approach? You would think by now we would be the most successful nation on earth with the incessant prayers/ fasting.

Unfortunately, most of the successful countries lobally don't have a culture of praying religiously. Instead they take take the bull by the horns and put in the work neccesary to achieve greatness.

I am not discouraging anyone from praying , the fact is this approach has not worked for the nation ... for christs sake we are the poverty capital of the world and a country plagued by armed robbery, extrajudicial killings, banditry, kidnapping, illiteracy, corruption etc and we the citizens have been praying for over half a century!!!! prayer wont resolve these pressing issues to be honest

The middle east has some of the most religious and prayerful Muslims globally and yet it is the most volatile region on earth.

4 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Tells Religious Leaders To Stop Praying For Nigeria by Abohboy: 12:23pm On Sep 13, 2021
Lollittaa:
"... men ought always to pray and not to faint" Like 18:1
We're called to pray ALWAYS, for and in every situation. Telling pastors not to urge their members not to pray, is like telling a farmer not to take a hoe and cutlass to the farm.
Why pastors are often the focus of these people is what I don't understand. How many percent of the Nigerian population are pastors?
Are pastors democratically elected?
What's the army and police meant for then?

Stop praying and start working is what he's saying not everything should be about scripture or what your God says it is high time Nigerians stop being so overly superstitious and religious and start taking action and fighting for what they want

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Tells Religious Leaders To Stop Praying For Nigeria by Abohboy: 12:25pm On Sep 13, 2021
youngvito:
It's ridiculous how much Nigerians pray about practically every situation. When are we going to take our destiny In our own hands and adopt a different approach? You would think by now we would be the most successful nation on earth with the incessant prayers/ fasting.

Unfortunately, most of the successful countries lobally don't have a culture of praying religiously. Instead they take take the bull by the horns and put in the work neccesary to achieve greatness.

I am not discouraging anyone from praying , the fact is this approach has not worked for the nation ... for christs sake we are the poverty capital of the world and a country plagued by armed robbery, extrajudicial killings, banditry, kidnapping, illiteracy, corruption etc and we the citizens have been praying for over half a century!!!! prayer wont resolve these pressing issues to be honest

The middle east has some of the most religious and prayerful Muslims globally and yet it is the most volatile region on earth.

Thank you it's time for us to start building up our own political movements and rallying together to get the right people into power if we don't do that then how are we going to get the Nigeria we want?

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Tells Religious Leaders To Stop Praying For Nigeria by chiedonedoor(m): 12:26pm On Sep 13, 2021
Your opinion, prayer is talking to God, Him does all things in his time and not your. As Christian we are commanded to pray, but cannot force God. Christ is coming soon repent to avoid hell and destruction
Re: Seun Kuti Tells Religious Leaders To Stop Praying For Nigeria by sirwhyteB(m): 12:28pm On Sep 13, 2021
It is quite obvious that Nigeria was created in 1914 and expired in 2013.

The only solution to the problems in Nigeria is DIVISION.

God has blessed every ethnicity in Nigeria greatly with available resources to sustain them.

Why is our leaders suffering Nigerians when they knew that Nigeria has expired?
Re: Seun Kuti Tells Religious Leaders To Stop Praying For Nigeria by iramure(m): 12:28pm On Sep 13, 2021
Prayer is nonsense. We pray for what good government should have provided for her citizens in nigeria.
We build gigantic edifice worth billions for prayers...
We gather everyday of the week for prayers...
We litter every street with worship centres....
We respect charlatans who called themselves men of god as god himself
We demonize our culture and embrace foreign ones...
Our god of men are billionaires.....
Yet the country is terribly sick!
Is this not an indication that religion is nothing but PURE WASTE OF TIME?...
LET'S DUMP THIS SHIT AND START REASONING LIKE HUMANS..
our god of men will oppose this because it's thier source of wealth.

2 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Tells Religious Leaders To Stop Praying For Nigeria by faceland: 12:29pm On Sep 13, 2021
Even Osibanjo is praying for the nation (and he is second in command on paper).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Destiny's Child Vs The Pussycat Dolls Who's Hot? / Noble Igwe: "BBNaija's Cee-C And Bambam Will Be The Most Successful" / 20 Hot Celebrities With Herpes And Stds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.