Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,083 members, 7,825,412 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:53 PM

Shaibu: I'm Loyal To Obaseki But There Are Unresolved Issues In Edo PDP - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shaibu: I'm Loyal To Obaseki But There Are Unresolved Issues In Edo PDP (27017 Views)

I'm Following Wike Cos Of Benefits, I'm Loyal To You - One Of G5 Govs Tell Atiku / I Feel For Obaseki But APC ‘ll Take Edo Back — Gov Bello / Unresolved Issues Delay Formal Announcement Of Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shaibu: I'm Loyal To Obaseki But There Are Unresolved Issues In Edo PDP by Getitbetter5: 9:28pm On Sep 13, 2021
angry
Re: Shaibu: I'm Loyal To Obaseki But There Are Unresolved Issues In Edo PDP by OceanEye: 9:30pm On Sep 13, 2021
Well, we know it's all politics.... Ride on
Re: Shaibu: I'm Loyal To Obaseki But There Are Unresolved Issues In Edo PDP by LolaAj2021: 9:39pm On Sep 13, 2021
Re: Shaibu: I'm Loyal To Obaseki But There Are Unresolved Issues In Edo PDP by jaxxy(m): 9:44pm On Sep 13, 2021
If Pdp don’t resolve these issues they will lose at the end. If shiabu leaves it means obaseki will leave also.

And make no mistake they can go back to Apc and regroup with others. Polictics is about interests nothing is personal.

If edo Pdp likes let them continue to be stubborn. They don’t want to isolate defectors from the structure like they are impostors in the party and yet benefit from them. undecided
Re: Shaibu: I'm Loyal To Obaseki But There Are Unresolved Issues In Edo PDP by Sucre23(m): 9:46pm On Sep 13, 2021
And you just registered on NL today today ooo.

Scammer oshi!

Rofyar:
Good news
Re: Shaibu: I'm Loyal To Obaseki But There Are Unresolved Issues In Edo PDP by wakkzy(m): 9:51pm On Sep 13, 2021
with this statement, then you're not loyal to obaseki

2 Likes

Re: Shaibu: I'm Loyal To Obaseki But There Are Unresolved Issues In Edo PDP by wakkzy(m): 9:54pm On Sep 13, 2021
Re: Shaibu: I'm Loyal To Obaseki But There Are Unresolved Issues In Edo PDP by wakkzy(m): 9:59pm On Sep 13, 2021
with this statement, then you're not loyal to obaseki
Re: Shaibu: I'm Loyal To Obaseki But There Are Unresolved Issues In Edo PDP by Organs(m): 10:12pm On Sep 13, 2021
preacherz:
APC

PDP

U ll be plain stupid to ever think there’s an iota of difference between these two Party Platforms. They have same agenda, chop, chop and chop.

This picture is very funny. Imagine people with no electricity, no hospitals, no security even to travel in peace, yet they have time to yab Buhari trousers, we are laughing at ourselves.

1 Like

Re: Shaibu: I'm Loyal To Obaseki But There Are Unresolved Issues In Edo PDP by fergie001: 10:16pm On Sep 13, 2021
jaxxy:
If Pdp don’t resolve these issues they will lose at the end. If shiabu leaves it means obaseki will leave also.

And make no mistake they can go back to Apc and regroup with others. Polictics is about interests nothing is personal.

If edo Pdp likes let them continue to be stubborn. They don’t want to isolate defectors from the structure like they are impostors in the party and yet benefit from them. undecided
There is nothing they can do.

No big issues except that he believes with his loyalty, he should be vying for the seat when GO's tenure ends. He was very instrumental to Obaseki's re-election but Edo PDP is trying to micro-zone it to the Central part of the State.

That's what's behind all of this. Nothing else.
Re: Shaibu: I'm Loyal To Obaseki But There Are Unresolved Issues In Edo PDP by jaxxy(m): 10:20pm On Sep 13, 2021
fergie001:

There is nothing they can do.

No big issues except that he believes with his loyalty, he should be vying for the seat when GO's tenure ends. He was very instrumental to Obaseki's re-election but Edo PDP is trying to micro-zone it to the Central part of the State.

That's what's behind all of this. Nothing else.

And what wrong with that?? If he is good enough. When did states start zoning to here or there within the state? undecided

There is no such law or practice anywhere.
Re: Shaibu: I'm Loyal To Obaseki But There Are Unresolved Issues In Edo PDP by fergie001: 10:32pm On Sep 13, 2021
jaxxy:
And what wrong with that?? If he is good enough. When did states start zoning to here or there within the state? undecided

There is no such law or practice anywhere.
I don't think you are following up then, if you say when did States start zoning. Any law? NO. Practice? Too many.

Many States micro-zone through bargaining and understanding. It happens in many States, esp in SE & SS States.

In some States, it is a Party thing whilst in others, everyone follows the same pattern. He was aware of this even before the 2020 election.

I hope you are not one of those clamouring for the Presidency to come South, on the premise that Buhari is from the North; afterall, there is no such law anywhere.

3 Likes

Re: Shaibu: I'm Loyal To Obaseki But There Are Unresolved Issues In Edo PDP by akintunde63: 10:52pm On Sep 13, 2021
nairavsdollars:
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos 

https://independent.ng/i-am-loyal-to-obaseki-but-there-are-issues-in-edo-pdp-deputy-governor/
No cabinet after one year, Buhari is learning from this guy!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shaibu: I'm Loyal To Obaseki But There Are Unresolved Issues In Edo PDP by preacherz: 11:02pm On Sep 13, 2021
Organs:

This picture is very funny. Imagine people with no electricity, no hospitals, no security even to travel in peace, yet they have time to yab Buhari trousers, we are laughing at ourselves.

Will u prefer deh take Sniper
Or will being serious make FG give them those things u mentioned
Re: Shaibu: I'm Loyal To Obaseki But There Are Unresolved Issues In Edo PDP by hotseat: 11:05pm On Sep 13, 2021
Governor Obaseki is frittering away the goodwill of the good people of Edo State!

But he couldn't careless after all he is now in his second tenure!

Homo sapiens!

Politrickians!

2 Likes

Re: Shaibu: I'm Loyal To Obaseki But There Are Unresolved Issues In Edo PDP by Okhuadams(m): 11:06pm On Sep 13, 2021
nairavsdollars:
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos 

https://independent.ng/i-am-loyal-to-obaseki-but-there-are-issues-in-edo-pdp-deputy-governor/
na so defection take start,and I quote. (Am happy with my gvnor. BUT
Re: Shaibu: I'm Loyal To Obaseki But There Are Unresolved Issues In Edo PDP by realstars: 11:23pm On Sep 13, 2021
This Is The One New That APC Will Never Like.
Re: Shaibu: I'm Loyal To Obaseki But There Are Unresolved Issues In Edo PDP by jaxxy(m): 11:37pm On Sep 13, 2021
fergie001:

I don't think you are following up then, if you say when did States start zoning. Any law? NO. Practice? Too many.

Many States micro-zone through bargaining and understanding. It happens in many States, esp in SE & SS States.

In some States, it is a Party thing whilst in others, everyone follows the same pattern. He was aware of this even before the 2020 election.

I hope you are not one of those clamouring for the Presidency to come South, on the premise that Buhari is from the North; afterall, there is no such law anywhere.

Federal I’m. Fully aware of zoning tho I’m more concerned about competence than zoning to be honest. Zoning is bullshit without competence.

As for state I don’t see much of zoning and if any it hasn’t been consistent or rampant just like U have narrowed it down to SS and SE. Probably due to their unique diversity in the state bt comptence is my personal preference always.

Zoning isn’t automatically equal to competence.
Re: Shaibu: I'm Loyal To Obaseki But There Are Unresolved Issues In Edo PDP by fergie001: 12:29am On Sep 14, 2021
jaxxy:
Federal I’m. Fully aware of zoning tho I’m more concerned about competence than zoning to be honest. Zoning is bullshit without competence.

As for state I don’t see much of zoning and if any it hasn’t been consistent or rampant just like U have narrowed it down to SS and SE. Probably due to their unique diversity in the state but comptence is my personal preference always.

Zoning isn’t automatically equal to competence.
Zoning happens in States as well, so that the bigger zones don't oppress the smaller ones.

You know the kind of system we run here is WINNER TAKES ALL. Heavy tribal and clannish politics.

Most of the SS & SE States adopted that means for balancing.....In some States, there is an unwritten rule that it must go round.

Abia, Anambra, Enugu, Ebonyi, Akwa Ibom, Cross-River, Bayelsa, Delta, etc.

These rules are not sacrosanct but are religiously followed over time in some States. Example is the Anambra election, all political parties had their candidates from a particular zone...Southern Senatorial District.

No law, no rule but to do otherwise, is to lose before the election begins.

If there is no competence in Zoning at State level, will it be right to say there is competence in Zoning at the Federal level?

The Central part of Edo will also argue in same vein. They were given heavy assurances in 2020.

My point is this: All Politics is local and peculiar to the community or society it identifies with.

2 Likes

Re: Shaibu: I'm Loyal To Obaseki But There Are Unresolved Issues In Edo PDP by Buckeyemedia1: 12:40am On Sep 14, 2021
southsouthking:
Dear deputy governor, in as much as i love you because we hail from same state and Local government, i feel is time an Esan man becomes governor of edo state because they have been marginalized for too long and after that it will get to you.
We already know what,s cooking and the reason for your planned defection.
Let's apply fairness and equity in everything we do.
Erama mo go de.
No be only Esan, what goes around comes around, he will be betrayed the way he betrayed Comrade Oshiomole. Pharisee Judas Shaibu, enjoy your 15 minutes of stardom, you done already belle full?

1 Like

Re: Shaibu: I'm Loyal To Obaseki But There Are Unresolved Issues In Edo PDP by wink2015(m): 2:08am On Sep 14, 2021
Now that Vat issues are at the court of appeal.

State like Edo might not get a cabinet.

This is cutting down on the cost of governance.

2 Likes

Re: Shaibu: I'm Loyal To Obaseki But There Are Unresolved Issues In Edo PDP by femiasaolu2014: 3:15am On Sep 14, 2021
Like play, Obaseki is going to end up a failure.

He is being plagued by the 2nd term lackadaisical attitude of re-elected government officials.

2 Likes

Re: Shaibu: I'm Loyal To Obaseki But There Are Unresolved Issues In Edo PDP by Caseless: 4:09am On Sep 14, 2021
AlabiJ:
There is fire on the mountain. Obviously Shaibu is not happy in PDP. I think the party wants him to resign based on prior agreement entered into before his defection. But right now Shaibu is unwilling to abide by that agreement amongst others.
Do you have details of that agreement and what's contained therein?
Re: Shaibu: I'm Loyal To Obaseki But There Are Unresolved Issues In Edo PDP by mu2sa2: 4:27am On Sep 14, 2021
preacherz:
APC

PDP

U ll be plain stupid to ever think there’s an iota of difference between these two Party Platforms. They have same agenda, chop, chop and chop.
And you chose to add to your post the pic of a man wearing igbo- made trousers popularised by our amiable pmb.

1 Like

Re: Shaibu: I'm Loyal To Obaseki But There Are Unresolved Issues In Edo PDP by NwokoloOwa: 5:02am On Sep 14, 2021
Phillip Shaibu, be wise and take it easy bro.

I know people will be telling you that you are better than the Governor, that you made him win, that you have massive support, that you are the most qualified to take over from him in three years bla bla bla..... Just take it easy, one thing at a time. Just a personal advice. Good luck.
Re: Shaibu: I'm Loyal To Obaseki But There Are Unresolved Issues In Edo PDP by foreverproduct: 5:06am On Sep 14, 2021
I think things are gradually falling apart between the duo, and the center can no longer hold!

1 Like

Re: Shaibu: I'm Loyal To Obaseki But There Are Unresolved Issues In Edo PDP by jalaalbaba: 5:12am On Sep 14, 2021
Unresolved sharing formula, the message is quite clear, politics in this part of the world is not about the people, it is always about politicians interest. How do you explain why Obaseki is unable to pick is cabinet a year after, SHAME. These people don't rate us at all, na we dey rate ourselves.

1 Like

Re: Shaibu: I'm Loyal To Obaseki But There Are Unresolved Issues In Edo PDP by IdJack(m): 6:01am On Sep 14, 2021
hmmmm
Re: Shaibu: I'm Loyal To Obaseki But There Are Unresolved Issues In Edo PDP by ruggedtimi(m): 6:16am On Sep 14, 2021
Davash222:
Politics in Nigeria is all about personal interest. None of them send me and you.

Ndi mgbu!
but their supporters no go gree.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Court Hears Patience Jonathan’s Indecent Behaviour Against Aishat Buhari / Fuel Scarcity Worsens,See The Current Situation In Nigeria(photos) / There’s No Human Being Who Is 100% Clean, EFCC Chair Replies Matawalle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.