Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,712 members, 7,809,699 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:29 PM

My Mum's Constant Insult Is Driving Me Crazy, It Is Time To Move Out? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mum's Constant Insult Is Driving Me Crazy, It Is Time To Move Out? (28719 Views)

My Wife's Sudden Change After Childbirth is driving me nuts! / My Wife Behaviour Towards My Family Members/Siblings Is Driving Me Crazy / Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mum's Constant Insult Is Driving Me Crazy, It Is Time To Move Out? by franklingud(m): 8:29pm On Sep 14, 2021
Juliusdaughter:
Let me just start somewhere angry
Growing up as an introvert was difficult cos I guess my mum didn't understand my quite personality, she talks about how I am not 'sharp' how I am not fashionable and whatever else she cannot really relate to. I am in my mid 20s now and she still insults me when she is in the mood.
It's funny how I am the only child she insults so much, I am her first born. I left my former work place due to Corona last year and I've been home since. I have trained as a tailor tho I don't have a shop or customer base yet.

She insulted me tonight again for cooking dinner late, she said why should I finish cooking dinner by past 7? Called me names and all that. Its been over a year that she went to the market last because I now do that, I make breakfast and dinner, I don't keep late night, I barely go out, yet she finds reason to talk me down.

She has started to insult my fiancé now too, she says he is poor and cannot take care of me, what has he achieved for himself? And the reason she isn't much against us is because she doesn't know if he will have money tomorrow. He isn't even jobless, it's just unfortunate that government don't pay their workers on time.

I don't have a single emotional connection with her, I have tried and I have failed. I think it's time to move out of the house and start my tailoring business. I don't have the finance to rent a shop and a house separately, so I want to rent a room and parlor and make it both my living and work space. Is this a good move? I cannot function properly in this house anymore.
How do I build my customer base from working in the house?
Please dear, leave that house ASAP.

Your mental health need to be intact.

I hate some mothers angry

2 Likes

Re: My Mum's Constant Insult Is Driving Me Crazy, It Is Time To Move Out? by VULCAN(m): 8:30pm On Sep 14, 2021
Pls enlighten me, how do you know the bolded?

What is your evidence?

I'm asking because I know mothers who constantly pressurise their daughters to go and sleep with men for money!

We have all heard of mothers who have slept with their Son in laws.

We know mothers who saw a man richer than their husband and abandoned the kids for the new lover!

So once again, what is your proof that the mother loves her?

JosephXavier:
OP it seems like you already have the best plan to remedy this

Just move out of the house if you can raise the money for rent

Sometimes having your space can make people respect you

Your mum is not too different from most Nigerian mothers, I know she loves you and wants you to succeed in life but maybe she is the emotional type and doesn't know how to keep a good relationship with you

2 Likes

Re: My Mum's Constant Insult Is Driving Me Crazy, It Is Time To Move Out? by vivaciousvivi(f): 8:42pm On Sep 14, 2021
Juliusdaughter:

Thank you. We are doing a registry marriage before the end of the year
May God bless your impending union, may He bless the work of your hands and may all your dreams, Hopes and wishes for your future come to glorious fruition. Keep being focused, save money like hell and protect your mental and emotional health as much as possible - plan properly and move out as soon as you can.
Re: My Mum's Constant Insult Is Driving Me Crazy, It Is Time To Move Out? by cobby14(m): 8:49pm On Sep 14, 2021
Move out ASAP. She is supposed to be your peace and comfort. If not then move

1 Like

Re: My Mum's Constant Insult Is Driving Me Crazy, It Is Time To Move Out? by Icriedtoday: 8:50pm On Sep 14, 2021
Its a good move, i use my parlour as my shop too.

I had to move out too, i cried everyday when i stayed home but now she calls me most times and want to come visit.

I don’t know why they act that way.
She needs space and you do too

4 Likes

Re: My Mum's Constant Insult Is Driving Me Crazy, It Is Time To Move Out? by NiklauseFred(m): 9:04pm On Sep 14, 2021
shawante:
It's quite easy.. Just charge below the average price of sewing and if you're good the word will spread around

Customer Wey be ur own be ur own,e no matter how much you charge,some werey customer go still owe you shege angry
Re: My Mum's Constant Insult Is Driving Me Crazy, It Is Time To Move Out? by YoungBlackRico(m): 9:06pm On Sep 14, 2021
Re: My Mum's Constant Insult Is Driving Me Crazy, It Is Time To Move Out? by slimjohn2k5: 9:07pm On Sep 14, 2021
Whatever decision you make is fine.

Na insult they make some people blow.
Re: My Mum's Constant Insult Is Driving Me Crazy, It Is Time To Move Out? by Kobojunkie: 9:10pm On Sep 14, 2021
YoungBlackRico:
okay
Just messing with you... I do laugh from time to time. grin
Re: My Mum's Constant Insult Is Driving Me Crazy, It Is Time To Move Out? by YoungBlackRico(m): 9:17pm On Sep 14, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Just messing with you... I do laugh from time to time. grin
Ok bro
Re: My Mum's Constant Insult Is Driving Me Crazy, It Is Time To Move Out? by ThaThinka: 9:47pm On Sep 14, 2021
Mercychen:
You're in your mid 20s? And still staying with your parents? It's obvious why your mom is picking on you unnecessarily. She wants you to leave and I think you should too.

I left exactly around that age, even without any pressure from my parents. So, I wonder what you're still doing there with all the insults.

As for your fiance, what part is he playing in establishing your tailoring biz?

This is Nigeria. What's the biggie? Mid-20's is "just" 25-26. smiley And she's also a lady!

In a country where people graduate and cannot make something with their life due to lack of job or capital... undecided
Re: My Mum's Constant Insult Is Driving Me Crazy, It Is Time To Move Out? by Sirnose(m): 9:48pm On Sep 14, 2021
Dissap:
Yo Hommies! I just wanna tell you something;

Fvck 'em all, bro. They ain't worth no shit! Damn! Drill every hole they gat to offer... Make them bitches scream like their ain't no tommorow!

Fvck them bitches! Fvck 'em real hard like a real cholo! Damn!

All these women are all whores!

Drill their ass and make them SCREEM your name while you ride them like a fvcking cheap horse! Damn it!
you have mucus flowing inside your skull...
Cos I don't think you have a brain at all

I hope you don tell them for house oo, make them chain you before you enter market

undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: My Mum's Constant Insult Is Driving Me Crazy, It Is Time To Move Out? by Juliusdaughter: 9:57pm On Sep 14, 2021
vivaciousvivi:
May God bless your impending union, may He bless the work of your hands and may all your dreams, Hopes and wishes for your future come to glorious fruition. Keep being focused, save money like hell and protect your mental and emotional health as much as possible - plan properly and move out as soon as you can.
Thank you so much

1 Like

Re: My Mum's Constant Insult Is Driving Me Crazy, It Is Time To Move Out? by obowunmi(m): 10:24pm On Sep 14, 2021
Juliusdaughter:
Growing up as an introvert was difficult cos I guess my mum didn't understand my quite personality, she talks about how I am not 'sharp' how I am not fashionable and whatever else she cannot really relate to. I am in my mid 20s now and she still insults me when she is in the mood.
It's funny how I am the only child she insults so much, I am her first born. I left my former work place due to Corona last year and I've been home since. I have trained as a tailor tho I don't have a shop or customer base yet.

She insulted me tonight again for cooking dinner late, she said why should I finish cooking dinner by past 7? Called me names and all that. Its been over a year that she went to the market last because I now do that, I make breakfast and dinner, I don't keep late night, I barely go out, yet she finds reason to talk me down.

She has started to insult my fiancé now too, she says he is poor and cannot take care of me, what has he achieved for himself? And the reason she isn't much against us is because she doesn't know if he will have money tomorrow. He isn't even jobless, it's just unfortunate that government don't pay their workers on time.

I don't have a single emotional connection with her, I have tried and I have failed. I think it's time to move out of the house and start my tailoring business. I don't have the finance to rent a shop and a house separately, so I want to rent a room and parlor and make it both my living and work space. Is this a good move? I cannot function properly in this house anymore.

Your mother is SICK in the head. Move far away and never return.

1 Like

Re: My Mum's Constant Insult Is Driving Me Crazy, It Is Time To Move Out? by aumeehn: 10:41pm On Sep 14, 2021
Limassol:
Solidly hoping oluwa make things easy for you.
Ameen. Thanks bro I appreciate ��. Do you live in Limassol?
Re: My Mum's Constant Insult Is Driving Me Crazy, It Is Time To Move Out? by Pharaoh4rin(m): 10:42pm On Sep 14, 2021
stunnert:

I swear bro, I can never marry a woman like my mum. She does so many stupid and dumb things I detest and when I try correcting her, she won't listen but say she has been alive long before I was born and she has seen more than I have ( like does that even makes sense to you). I thank God everyday for giving me a different mindset from her own. I felt so much joy and peace when I finally moved out

Men who speaks this sort of truth against their mum are rare. Inspite of the manipulation and some shit we experience from women, you may never know that one's own very mother is a resident evil.

Anyways, I'll continue to love men's attribute. Las las you'll be wiser.

4 Likes

Re: My Mum's Constant Insult Is Driving Me Crazy, It Is Time To Move Out? by Limassol(m): 10:55pm On Sep 14, 2021
aumeehn:
Ameen. Thanks bro I appreciate ��. Do you live in Limassol?
No, but it's a place i would love to visit someday.
Re: My Mum's Constant Insult Is Driving Me Crazy, It Is Time To Move Out? by TheSociopath(m): 12:15am On Sep 15, 2021
Juliusdaughter:

Yes. I didn't like the corporate job so I left

Okay. Best of luck in your decision
Re: My Mum's Constant Insult Is Driving Me Crazy, It Is Time To Move Out? by peacefull(f): 1:03am On Sep 15, 2021
purples25:
I got a job. My MA said she'd break my head for not waiting for what my parents can provide for me. She said she'd arrest the person I'm dating. She said so many things. I don't even like myself again. From childhood.

I'm a. Full grown adult. But you know, moms are like that. Wish you luck.

This is very sad. I'm sorry.
PleaseI want you to like yourself.
You are always very kind and very gentle person to me! And you have amazing art skill. I'm a fan of your art!
I like you! Even if you don't like yourself, I like you! smiley

3 Likes

Re: My Mum's Constant Insult Is Driving Me Crazy, It Is Time To Move Out? by Kobojunkie: 1:11am On Sep 15, 2021
purples25:
I got a job. My MA said she'd break my head for not waiting for what my parents can provide for me. She said she'd arrest the person I'm dating. She said so many things. I don't even like myself again. From childhood.

I'm a. Full grown adult. But you know, moms are like that. Wish you luck.
Your mother sounds like she may be struggling with her own demons too. undecided

A lot of women in Nigeria are frustrated and the only available out out for many of them is their kids.. they insult and bully their own kids rather than seek professional help for the problem. Try to learn to accept her as she is for as long as you need to and get away from her when you can. undecided

Try to, go to her, one of these days, and explain to her what she is doing to you one of these days . Let her know that because of her, you now struggle with low self esteem and your mental health has been seriously assaulted over the years by none other than her. She needs to know that she is causing you damage that could potentially jeopardize your chances at happiness. undecided

Stop holding the truth from her. undecided

1 Like

Re: My Mum's Constant Insult Is Driving Me Crazy, It Is Time To Move Out? by purples25(f): 2:46am On Sep 15, 2021
peacefull:

This is very sad. I'm sorry.
PleaseI want you to like yourself.
You are always very kind and very gentle person to me! And you have amazing art skill. I'm a fan of your art!
I like you! Even if you don't like yourself, I like you! smiley

Thanks dear. You are amazing. I'll be fine. wink

1 Like

Re: My Mum's Constant Insult Is Driving Me Crazy, It Is Time To Move Out? by Lotusgoddess(f): 8:32am On Sep 15, 2021
Juliusdaughter:

You actually can do that. My little cousin still sews in her room but yet has lots of customers, good ones at that. As for momc, she's just putting her frustration on you. Don't hate her, just have patience and when you're fully independent and bringing something to the table, sit with her and tell her all she's been doing to you and how that made you feel. Trust me, she'll apologize and won't repeat that again. She's your mom, you can't hate her
Re: My Mum's Constant Insult Is Driving Me Crazy, It Is Time To Move Out? by West2019(m): 8:34am On Sep 15, 2021
just move out sharply she will be proud of you one day mark my word , and it pains me i don have cash right now ,may God bless you
Re: My Mum's Constant Insult Is Driving Me Crazy, It Is Time To Move Out? by mkpurumma090(f): 9:11am On Sep 15, 2021
This is story for the future...
Re: My Mum's Constant Insult Is Driving Me Crazy, It Is Time To Move Out? by saintruky(m): 1:45pm On Sep 15, 2021
Juliusdaughter:

Thank you. I already have all the necessary machines and everything I need to start up. I have my own money as well, but I don't want to let my fiancé in on all of these because I don't want him to have a feeling that my mum doesn't like him.

Oh great... Then i suggest u rent a shop n get started with ur fashion business.. that way u won't be seen at home all day... Morning u go work like others n return in d evening... By d time u start to support d house financially, momsy go respect u wella...

But ensure u start ur business asap... Do enough online n offline adverts...
Re: My Mum's Constant Insult Is Driving Me Crazy, It Is Time To Move Out? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Sep 15, 2021
Juliusdaughter:

My wife's simstress stays in her house and she still disappoints people because of too much work. My own tailor stays in his house too. Good tailor no be by shop. The very first thing is to start.
Re: My Mum's Constant Insult Is Driving Me Crazy, It Is Time To Move Out? by shantti(m): 10:27am On Sep 22, 2021
Jerryherd:
cool

All boils down to Money... Ego ... Mula ... Kudi,.. Owo

That's typical Nigerians for you with few exceptions

It's only in Nigeria you are broke and walk up to a family gathering and for smiling or laughing, everyone feels offended.. yet your rich cousin or brother cracks a dry joke and everyone laughs so hard and look at you madly for not laughing or getting the dry joke

Move out with your fiancee, start your own life from somewhere

Nigerians no suppose go hell, this country na hell already grin grin grin
Re: My Mum's Constant Insult Is Driving Me Crazy, It Is Time To Move Out? by shantti(m): 10:52am On Sep 22, 2021
OriOko88:

Rubbish talk. So its now bad for a lady in her mid 20s to still b living in her parents house?? A lady for that matter? You want her to turn olosho ni? She downsnt hv to leave her parents house until she's gainfully employed and self independent! What sort of stupid advice is this??

This is sadly the reality in nigerian society, things are extremely difficult, catering for someone tends to make u aggressive

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food / What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? / My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.