Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,857 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:44 AM

Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians (22755 Views)

Nigerians Without National ID Card Won’t Get Travel Passports, Says NIMC / National Identity Number Registration Is Free – NIMC Official / Woman From Switzerland Blasts Nigeria Immigration "They Tried To Scam Me" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by Latakia(f): 2:21pm On Sep 14, 2021
Who need their NIMC and passport when I have my Biafra and International passport that can take me to over 90 countries without visa and air ticket.

Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by Angrygoat: 2:22pm On Sep 14, 2021
I was extorted 50k since last year october,finally got my passport around May. If k be say too many men dey inside immigration,plus dia rusty old ak 47 wwy dem mount for gate. I for vex,light up my weed inside the premises,cos I got extorted in capture room,interview room,the bastard man wey my bro refer me to sef collect 4k from me. Everything come enter 50k as against 40k. So 10k was shared by me forcefully,against my wish and I got the stupid useless passport after months of several phone calls,texts messages,going to the useless office again to do thumbprint,come today,come tomorrow. The day I get am,I drink two bottles of trophy. Vex go sleep. I no dey interested in bvn nin wohala,and I will not grease any bastard civil servant hand with cash again. Soon I go disconnect fully from nepa and go solar . My future na new York city

1 Like

Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by Lokojatoofar: 2:23pm On Sep 14, 2021
When has Nigerian leadership ever made anything easy for its citizens? To think that Nigerians gave and can take the power back yet choose to remain helplessly docile is what baffles me

3 Likes

Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by Nobody: 2:23pm On Sep 14, 2021
Very saddening

1 Like

Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by Holyman3(m): 2:24pm On Sep 14, 2021
Every institution extort Nigerians

Nigeria is a criminal contraption

1 Like

Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by IPIGSRDOTARDS: 2:26pm On Sep 14, 2021
Nigerians scamming other Nigerians even before independence. Until you have a society of citizens that puts the interest of others above their selfish agenda, you will continue to have what you have today.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by advanceDNA: 2:26pm On Sep 14, 2021
BREYZ:

I applied for my passport since 2nd July and till this moment the passport isn't ready. One immigration officer is requesting I pay extra 20k for it to be ready in a week. This country is messed up.

Fed Government is trying to frustrate japaa move...they are blocking all passport issuance for no reason....if you pay extra, u pay for nothing..my cousin applied before you...all they said is there is no authorization from abuja

1 Like

Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by lkillbrokehoes: 2:26pm On Sep 14, 2021
Extortion in Nigeria is too much, especially at the airport. is this really a curse or poverty? this is really getting too much. and we Nigerians keep blaming Ghanaians that they are extorting us through covid19 test.

and the worst case is that you can't complain or you are on your own, I remember vividly when I wanted to do another passport, these guys extorted me because of my big boy appearance, I just payed without arguing too much, I don't want to waste my time on hungry niggas. same as the airport especially MMA, na beggers just full there.

I hope the government will do something about this nonsense that's happening.

1 Like

Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by morikee: 2:27pm On Sep 14, 2021
Na them
Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by In2systemsTech(m): 2:29pm On Sep 14, 2021
I gave them 40k... They are requesting for more 5k... I am tired

1 Like

Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by Ayodekfarms(m): 2:29pm On Sep 14, 2021
3 month after capturing, immigration are yet to issue my passport.

1 Like

Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by largeman4u(m): 2:30pm On Sep 14, 2021
The are 3 times more corrupt than the police.

1 Like

Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by largeman4u(m): 2:33pm On Sep 14, 2021
It is so crazy it took them 13 weeks before I got mine. After paying 90k as against the 70k official rate and they expect u to bribe before the issue the passport again, even at collection they want money too.

1 Like

Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by Ekenem123: 2:38pm On Sep 14, 2021
The day I applied is the day I was interviewed and I captured that same day. with my 40k... I was told to wait for 6 weeks and I collected it at the 6th week......
Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by shortgun(m): 2:39pm On Sep 14, 2021
The Article just described all Government Agencies in the country.

A Director in a govt Agency who was based Abroad came back to the country when Buhari became president.
He was always punctual and comes to the office early when he got back.
After about a month he went back to his base abroad, he said he only came back cos he thought Buhari meant business with his change mantra.
Since then, this man has never stepped his foot in this country.

1 Like

Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by TUba69(m): 2:39pm On Sep 14, 2021
So, the official rate for reissue is 25k? Darn! Inquiries I made about a month ago at the passport office came back with 45k. Hmmmmnn....

1 Like

Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by Newboss(m): 2:45pm On Sep 14, 2021
Politicians are not the problem with this country. Na we dey kill ourselves.
Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by seunayantokun(m): 2:46pm On Sep 14, 2021
Na today?
Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by OBIPLUS(m): 2:47pm On Sep 14, 2021
And someone is angry when we say Nigeria is not going to be better again,this is the point, pls let their be peaceful exit of Biafra because some of us are not willing to go anywhere.

1 Like

Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by Easymimi(f): 2:55pm On Sep 14, 2021
Where we dey go Naija
Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by ChaDiv: 2:56pm On Sep 14, 2021
This na Old Normal.

Decadence of the Nigerian state and Concentrated Corruption in all Govt MDAs.

The FG is handling all these with Political cloves.

Why should I pay for the mistake done by the commission (NIMC)?

O LORD, judge our Rulers!
Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by Bestman98: 2:56pm On Sep 14, 2021
We have the same situation in Delta State,NIS officers openly demand for money and if you decide to follow the due process of getting your passport you will wait till eternity. I applied since July up till this moment I haven't received any information from them . Buhari should do something about this is becoming unbearable.
Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by sukar886: 2:57pm On Sep 14, 2021
Nimc really make me cry, I went to there office at Federal Secretariat uyo,for Id card, on getting there , the security man said I should pay 1 for id card,after said n done, the said I should come the upper week, on getting there , they said mine is error, that I should pay 2k,for them to correct it and print it, I got no choice , I paid , they went inside n bring it...that's 3k,for there office ooo,while people on the street collect 2k for the same id card
Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by Bobbyjay001(m): 3:01pm On Sep 14, 2021
Just of recent, my younger brother asked i introduce him to my immigration officer friend for passport renewal.

i linked them up only to ask my bro how much he charged. I was surprised upon hearing 35k for passport renewal.

i told lil bro this is daylight robbery. Brother that's the normal price. I now asked how much for new issuance? He said abt 60k.

renewal which shouldn't be more than 5k. I tire for this country o.
Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by treesun: 3:08pm On Sep 14, 2021
Kingstanding:
. Nothing can be done. This behaviour or attitude by Nigerian immigration has been in existence and I'm not bothered. If you wanna follow due process in getting Nigerian passport I'm damn sure it will take you three years before you get it. To avoid trouble pay correct money. 98% of Nigerians will behave same way this immigration people are behaving if they are in their position. Immigration too will chop na.

The problem is we make passport as if it is gold. Other nations you can do it from common post office.
Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by bigman001(m): 3:08pm On Sep 14, 2021
faithfull18:
This has been happening for years, it's nothing new. The prices reported as seen as fair. To correct your information sef, you pay heavily.
you are very right bro, recently i paid 55k for 64 pages of 5years passport, and paid 7k for change of name for NIMC for my wife so she can get her NIMC and use it for her passport, after 4 weeks she was given an NIMC code, she took the NIMC code to Immigration only to be told the change of name hasn't taken effect that it will take another 4 -7 days for synchronization to take effect. because she needs her Passport asap she met another NIMC Staff who promise her to fast track it if she will pay 2k , as a desperate fellow she has paid and we are yet to get the updated NIMC record. Walahi this country is far gone with corruption as im very irritated with what is happening .
Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by Bobbyjay001(m): 3:12pm On Sep 14, 2021
shortgun:
The Article just described all Government Agencies in the country.

A Director in a govt Agency who was based Abroad came back to the country when Buhari became president.
He was always punctual and comes to the office early when he got back.
After about a month he went back to his base abroad, he said he only came back cos he thought Buhari meant business with his change mantra.
Since then, this man has never stepped his foot in this country.

That's how a director at FERMA had to hastily recall his boys when bubu was sworn-in for the completion of an abandoned project which it's money had been fully paid for during Yar'adua regime cos of fear of buhari.

1 Like

Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by EndBuhariNow(m): 3:16pm On Sep 14, 2021
I paid $400 for passport renewal... this people are raping us here oooo.. anyway they will not see me again, before this one go expire I will be using Oduduwa and biafra passport together

To Hell with 1 Nigeria
Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by ORIAYO70(m): 3:28pm On Sep 14, 2021
Mynd44:
https://aljazirahnews.com/passport-immigration-nimc-extort-nigerians/

I have capture since June 16
Till now I still dey God hand, they trickery collected 60k, saying it will be ready in less than 2weeks, the money wey I want use self don go for beer... Na to collect passport n tear it for their front... The extortion at Immigration pass police
Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by Nobody: 3:29pm On Sep 14, 2021
Every government establishment is a scam in this country, worse of them all is all this bastards on the road, road safety,Vio and co
Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by seyz91(m): 3:31pm On Sep 14, 2021
Confirm!

It becomes curruption when it doesn't favor a person or people
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Too bad....

Corruption everywhere....

We are not really angry about corruption. We are just criticising and pretending to be angry about corruption because we are not the ones carrying out the corruption

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Signs Your Visa Application Will Be Rejected / Which Country Can I Relocate To With 5 Million Naira? / NUR Raises Concerns Over Lagos-Ibadan Railway Fares

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.