Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,303 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:31 AM

Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians (22719 Views)

Nigerians Without National ID Card Won’t Get Travel Passports, Says NIMC / National Identity Number Registration Is Free – NIMC Official / Woman From Switzerland Blasts Nigeria Immigration "They Tried To Scam Me" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by bfn1: 3:32pm On Sep 14, 2021
If you regularly have dealings with some government parastatals like Nigerian Immigration, Nigerian Customs, NAFDAC & the Police you'll realize just how mightily corruption has been reigning on the thrones of our institutions.
It's very unfortunate.

2 Likes

Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by od501: 4:14pm On Sep 14, 2021
Mynd44:
https://aljazirahnews.com/passport-immigration-nimc-extort-nigerians/

Nigeria won't solve their numerous problems, it is ipob matter they will carry for head. Chai...I remember when applied for mine, I suffered ee...chai. I spit on Lord Luard's grave!! Tufiakwa!!
Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by gr8cany: 4:18pm On Sep 14, 2021
How do make this go viral to see if this menace can be stopped.

To renew my passport those bastards were requesting 45k from me, where as official cost is 17, 800

1 Like

Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by Agugbadin: 4:37pm On Sep 14, 2021
It is worst now, the government needs to do something about it.

1 Like

Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by amiable990: 4:52pm On Sep 14, 2021
I paid 50k since April for 32pages ordinary passport @Ilorin Immigration office, they still never give me my passport till now.

1 Like

Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by exposition: 5:09pm On Sep 14, 2021
Mynd44:
Now you are making a report and hiding the culprits name and identity!
Who you help?

1 Like

Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by Poleski: 5:15pm On Sep 14, 2021
Every level of Nigerian government is massively corrupt. I paid 50k for a new passport at their Abuja office!

1 Like

Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by BaronBiafra411(m): 5:21pm On Sep 14, 2021
They are very wicked, they will
extort u!
Insult u!
Asult u!
Molest u!
Before they immigrant u!
Nonsense of a bastard zoological banana republic of the zoogeria!

1 Like

Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by pongwa(m): 5:21pm On Sep 14, 2021
Mynd44:
to prevent exploitation, fully automated the process. File system is outdated

I heard someone paid 400k for passport in Abuja
Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by macrodata(m): 5:41pm On Sep 14, 2021
After paying N17,800 online, I'm still asked to pay N25,000 at their office for express. It's been 2 weeks and I'm yet to receive my booklet.

God will punish that comptroller in a special way!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by zigzagluv: 5:45pm On Sep 14, 2021
I paid 55k since February but yet to get my passport , they will tell me NIN has not dropped ,this is the scam

1 Like

Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by Gfskw: 5:58pm On Sep 14, 2021
Yes
Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by LORDKing001: 6:00pm On Sep 14, 2021
BREYZ:

I applied for my passport since 2nd July and till this moment the passport isn't ready. One immigration officer is requesting I pay extra 20k for it to be ready in a week. This country is messed up.
Where you apply?
Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by LORDKing001: 6:01pm On Sep 14, 2021
Poleski:
Every level of Nigerian government is massively corrupt. I paid 50k for new passport at their Abuja office!

I applied last week fa.
But I coughed out roughly 45k
Meanwhile u don collect your own?
Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by Poleski: 6:22pm On Sep 14, 2021
LORDKing001:

I applied last week fa.
But I coughed out roughly 45k
Meanwhile u don collect your own?

I collected mine within an hour.
Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by latitidejavu: 6:32pm On Sep 14, 2021
All of you paying are the real corrupt individuals.

You are all impatient and seeking for who to blame for your corrupt tendencies.

My wife and I paid for the passport online and I went to the office. I was asked who is 'pushing' it for me, I replied that I didn't pay anyone anything.

They kept me there for 6 hours. I took out my laptop and was working while sitting down. After a while I got up and walked to the office of the OIC and told him that I am aware of all the people who paid 50k, 60k etc and who has been issued passports. That why are they keeping us here.

One junior office made to talk , I promptly shut him up otherwise I will write him up. Within 45 minutes I was ushered in for my capture and my booklet issued.

You are all the ones corrupting the officers. if you all show up there prepared to do the right thing then they will sit up. What happens is that everyone tried to jump the queue and outsmart the other person. Nigerians ACTIVELY look for who to bribe to subvert the process.

Nigerians will walk into an office and start looking for who will do it express and fast then come online to point fingers.

5 Likes

Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by LORDKing001: 6:33pm On Sep 14, 2021
Poleski:

I collected mine within an hour.
Which year u take apply?
Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by florixi: 6:56pm On Sep 14, 2021
Oga, the system is corrupt . Even you that got it in 45min is favourism! Not everyone can fight people like you did. You were also frustrated just like every other person that opt for bribing them instead of turning the place to boxing ring. If we have a working system , i dont need to pay them a dime or bully them to get things done.

latitidejavu:
All of you paying are the real corrupt individuals.

You are all impatient and seeking for who to blame for your corrupt tendencies.

My wife and I paid for the passport online and I went to the office. I was asked who is 'pushing' it for me, I replied that I didn't pay anyone anything.

They kept me there for 6 hours. I took out my laptop and was working while sitting down. After a while I got up and walked to the office of the OIC and told him that I am aware of all the people who paid 50k, 60k etc and who has been issued passports. That why are they keeping us here.

One junior office made to talk , I promptly shut him up otherwise I will write him up. Within 45 minutes I was ushered in for my capture and my booklet issued.

You are all the ones corrupting the officers. if you all show up there prepared to do the right thing then they will sit up. What happens is that everyone tried to jump the queue and outsmart the other person. Nigerians ACTIVELY look for who to bribe to subvert the process.

Nigerians will walk into an office and start looking for who will do it express and fast then come online to point fingers.

1 Like

Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by latitidejavu: 7:07pm On Sep 14, 2021
The system is corrupt because of people that come there to bribe the officers.

I got it immediately after my capture because that was the policy. I waited for three weeks before my capture.

Do the right thing and insist that the right thing be done! I could afford to pay 70k but I insisted on doing the right thing.

You are here blaming 'system' when it's you Nigerians that look for how to mess up the system. Always looking for shortcuts, express, who you know inside an office.

florixi:
Oga, the system is corrupt . Even you that got it in 45min is favourism! Not everyone can fight people like you did. You were also frustrated just like every other person that opt for bribing them instead of turning the place to boxing ring. If we have a working system , i dont need to pay them a dime or bully them to get things done.

1 Like

Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by florixi: 7:29pm On Sep 14, 2021
I insist you getting the passport in 45min after capturing is favourism! The due process is for you to wait till six weeks after capturing before issuance and collection. why didn't you ask them to clear the people before you before they issue your own. My family captured since July up till now not issued yet. so which due process are you talking about?.

The problem in nigeria is that everyone sort themselves! whether by bullying or bribery . In abroad once your passport is ready they dhl it to you in your house. you dont need to go to their office to shut or harass anyone , don't you like such a system? so i repeat its the system!

latitidejavu:
The system is corrupt because of people that come there to bribe the officers.

I got it immediately after my capture because that was the policy. I waited for three weeks before my capture.

Do the right thing and insist that the right thing be done! I could afford to pay 70k but I insisted on doing the right thing.

You are here blaming 'system' when it's you Nigerians that look for how to mess up the system. Always looking for shortcuts, express, who you know inside an office.

1 Like

Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by JUSTDREY: 7:55pm On Sep 14, 2021
The funny thing i noticed in this country is that, no matter how religious or claiming holly to God, we don't see lies, fraud, cheat and corruption as a sin! We worship money but claiming godliness thinking we are deceiving God. I have abandoned my re-issue passport for capturing for now until i find someone sure over there to help me push or else the frustration will make you sick. I hope soon it will come out....a guy captured since June still not get it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by shortgun(m): 8:07pm On Sep 14, 2021
Bobbyjay001:

That's how a director at FERMA had to hastily recall his boys when bubu was sworn-in for the completion of an abandoned project which it's money had been fully paid for during Yar'adua regime cos of fear of buhari.
It's leadership failure, when people know that there will be consequences for their actions or inactions they do unimaginable things.

1 Like

Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by Alamkir: 8:09pm On Sep 14, 2021
This is exactly what i went through last week, just to get international passport. Almost all the officials want to extort me, some who are not in the position to extort will seriously be begging u for money. Its just chaotic. The only thing that gave me courage to continue was the fact that I am getting the passport to run away from this corrupt shithole

1 Like

Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by askjohnprosper: 8:21pm On Sep 14, 2021
I paid #40000 for DOB correction and it took more than 3 months to come out. I also did reissue of passport for #75k but collected same day. My neighbour we did the passport together at the same place and date is yet to come out. Is more than 2 months now and he paid 45k

1 Like

Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by latitidejavu: 8:38pm On Sep 14, 2021
I insist that you do not have the full facts.

My passport was in 2020. Then you are given a date online and you go and do your capture and take your passport.

Even then you had corrupt Nigerians asking to pay officers to do everything from payment to collection in 24 hours.

If the official time is 6 weeks now, then people should wait for 6 weeks! Then plan with that information but no, people want to beat the line.

If you have been waiting since July then take it up! Write to every possible anti-corruption office. Make a case out of it if you have the courage which most Nigerians lack.

florixi:
I insist you getting the passport in 45min after capturing is favourism! The due process is for you to wait till six weeks after capturing before issuance and collection. why didn't you ask them to clear the people before you before they issue your own. My family captured since July up till now not issued yet. so which due process are you talking about?.

The problem in nigeria is that everyone sort themselves! whether by bullying or bribery . In abroad once your passport is ready they dhl it to you in your house. you dont need to go to their office to shut or harass anyone , don't you like such a system? so i repeat its the system!

Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by BREYZ: 8:47pm On Sep 14, 2021
LORDKing001:

Where you apply?

Ikoyi, Lagos
Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by Calitoscassius(m): 8:52pm On Sep 14, 2021
Every nigerian is corrupt, even their God is corrupt.
Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by kachijack(m): 9:06pm On Sep 14, 2021
I do not believe your assertion is correct, we must not succumb to evil and let it have free reign, we need to fight it otherwise remain forever conquered.

florixi:

Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by kachijack(m): 9:16pm On Sep 14, 2021
We can actually do something about this, if people will be bold enough to document and share their daily travails on a public domain (like a website to name and shame corrupt officials or a YouTube channel dedicated to exposing corruption in our public sector) citing the corrupt actions of these officials at each service point. Then have people update it with their individual experience on the go, these officials will be forced to do the right thing. We can turn the tables on them and free ourselves from these vermin's in public offices.
latitidejavu:
I insist that you do not have the full facts.

My passport was in 2020. Then you are given a date online and you go and do your capture and take your passport.

If the official time is 6 weeks now, then people good wait for 6 weeks! Then plan with that information but no, people want to beat the line.

If you have been waiting since July then take it up! Write to every possible anti-corruption office. Make a case out of it if you have the courage which most Nigerians lack.

1 Like

Re: Passport: Immigration, NIMC Extort Nigerians by ncChigo(m): 9:17pm On Sep 14, 2021
My wife and child can't get their passports because their NIN has not dropped. They even refused to attend to them at Servicom desk until the NIN drops. File has not been opened for them talk more of capturing.. This is getting out of hand, the authorities need to do something about this issue.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu Receives Letter Of Approval For Lekki Airport / I Will Resign If Abuja Airport Is Not Reopened After 6 Weeks – Aviation Minister / Lagosians Cross A Highway Without The Pedestrian Bridge - Man Laments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.