Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,769 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:11 PM

A Tribute To Dr David Yonggi Cho - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Tribute To Dr David Yonggi Cho (647 Views)

Why I Do Not Mourn The Death Of Paul Yonggi Cho By Deji Yesufu / Pastor E.A. Adeboye Reacts To Pastor David Yonggi Cho's Death / Dr. David Bob Manuel, Announced As New Prelate Cherubim and Seraphim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Tribute To Dr David Yonggi Cho by Dangerousboy(m): 2:47pm On Sep 14, 2021
A TRIBUTE TO DR DAVID YONGGI CHO

Years back, about 2007, I came across the book; Successful home cell groups, Written in the 1981.
I looked up the name of the author and it was Dr yonggi Cho, never heard of him then.
After reading that book, I knew a lot about Church growth and home cell groups, even more than my close relative who owns the book but have not gone through it.
His teaching on the Holy Spirit in the book was the foundation for his book; Holy Spirit my Senior Partner.

Please if your a pastor, layman, or you love the Lord, go through that book. You will learn much about Church growth, The Holy Spirit, Marriage, Family life e.t.c.

Rest in peace Legend of Faith.

1 Like

Re: A Tribute To Dr David Yonggi Cho by Eviana(f): 7:50pm On Sep 14, 2021
I know folks may not believe me, but I have never heard of this man before.
Clearly, Nigerians knew him well..perhaps he did crusades there or so?
That's quite an interesting title: "Holy Spirit My Senior Partner"...
I will research who he was...cause he seems to have left a an impressionable & favorable legacy.
Re: A Tribute To Dr David Yonggi Cho by Dangerousboy(m): 8:03pm On Sep 14, 2021
Eviana:
I know folks may not believe me, but I have never heard of this man before.
Clearly, Nigerians knew him well..perhaps he did crusades there or so?
That's quite an interesting title: "Holy Spirit My Senior Partner"...
I will research who he was...cause he seems to have left a an impressionable & favorable legacy.
did he do any crusade in Nigeria? Not sure. Maybe he preached at rccg redemption camp once, not too sure about that. But his books Successful Home cell groups, HolySpiriit my Senior partner, the fourth dimension, are all world best sellers. I wonder why you haven't heard of him.

He was a force to reckon with in Christiandom. People travelled all around the world to his church to learn church growth and home cell/ fellowship systems. The top men of God in Nigeria who have big churches have in one time or the other, visited his church. And they area all using his recommend home cell structure.
Re: A Tribute To Dr David Yonggi Cho by Eviana(f): 8:46pm On Sep 14, 2021
Dangerousboy:
did he do any crusade in Nigeria? Not sure. Maybe he preached at rccg redemption camp once, not too sure about that. But his books Successful Home cell groups, HolySpiriit my Senior partner, the fourth dimension, are all world best sellers. I wonder why you haven't heard of him.

He was a force to reckon with in Christiandom. People travelled all around the world to his church to learn church growth and home cell/ fellowship systems. The top men of God in Nigeria who have big churches have in one time or the other, visited his church. And they area all using his recommend home cell structure.

Well, and this might sound weird & cocky to you, but I never found a reason to be interested in religious figures outside of the U.S.
The church I attended as a child was simplistic and didn't suggest foreign preachers to watch and/or listen to. I also wasn't interested in religion anyhow.
I wasn't deeply interested in religion until graduate school...
It was then, in my early 20's, that I started following the very popular "prosperity" preachers (T.D. Jakes, the late Eddie Long, Joyce Meyers, Joel Osteen, Creflo Dollar, Noel Jones etc.,)
This was before I eventually became a baptized member of the SDA church.
The only, and I mean only, foreign religious figure that I heard of was the late T.B. Joshua...and that was through a snippet in a documentary (about religion in general) several years ago once I started being more interested in and wanting a deeper experience in Christianity..
..Not even recognizing, at the time, that he was a Nigerian..and also not putting 2 & 2 together about how enormous the man's popularity was. I was focused more on other aspects of the documentary and kinda rushed through his part.
Anyhow, in the U.S., one tends to be in a bubble where there sometimes doesn't seem to be a need to venture outside of it. The fact that there's a whole other portion of the world which is so culturally different is not so significant to many Americans.
Hope that I explained clearly.
Re: A Tribute To Dr David Yonggi Cho by Dangerousboy(m): 9:34pm On Sep 14, 2021
Eviana:

Well, and this might sound weird & cocky to you, but I never found a reason to be interested in religious figures outside of the U.S.
The church I attended as a child was simplistic and didn't suggest foreign preachers to watch and/or listen to. I also wasn't interested in religion anyhow.
I wasn't deeply interested in religion until graduate school...
It was then, in my early 20's, that I started following the very popular "prosperity" preachers (T.D. Jakes, the late Eddie Long, Joyce Meyers, Joel Osteen, Creflo Dollar, Noel Jones etc.,)
This was before I eventually became a baptized member of the SDA church.
The only, and I mean only, foreign religious figure that I heard of was the late T.B. Joshua...and that was through a snippet in a documentary (about religion in general) several years ago once I started being more interested in and wanting a deeper experience in Christianity..
..Not even recognizing, at the time, that he was a Nigerian..and also not putting 2 & 2 together about how enormous the man's popularity was. I was focused more on other aspects of the documentary and kinda rushed through his part.
Anyhow, in the U.S., one tends to be in a bubble where there sometimes doesn't seem to be a need to venture outside of it. The fact that there's a whole other portion of the world which is so culturally different is not so significant to many Americans.
Hope that I explained clearly.
just imagine their mindset. Anyway, you know Nigeria is a very religious country, our govt has failed us, so we look into God even for the minutest of things. So we tend to Know the most powerful churches and men of God that can solve our problems grin
Re: A Tribute To Dr David Yonggi Cho by Nobody: 10:02pm On Sep 14, 2021
Not sure if Yonggi Cho visited RCCG of Pastor Adeboye. But he visited MFM of Olukoya where he toured the whole facility in the prayer city in around 90s. He was a man of prayer. I read in his books that he would stay up in his room praying and seeking God's face on Saturdays for what to preach on Sundays. I guess he connected first with Dr. Olukoya of MFM who is a prayer warrior. Olukoya can pray while sleeping. And this was the reason he named MFM biggest facility "Prayer City". That's a place you attend and pray till you get answer. You battle and fight in the spirit in that arena.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrGM83DzLjA

But it beats my imagination he was convicted of corruption. He embezzled 12 million dollars. Whether he was lied against, I do not know. Or whether it was not deliberate, I cannot say. Well people may not really see anything wrong in it esp in this our country called Nigeria. But I have seen and witnessed pastors who diligently paid 30 - 40 % corporate tax and then paid 13% income tax in a nation that does not joke with tax. I am talking of Rick Renner. This is a faithful man of God who the Russian govt investigated many times but always award him a pass mark. This was why he faced Sunday Adelaja, the Nigerian pastor who founded a church in Ukraine at one time when Adelaja did some funny things. And Rick was right. The reason I talked about this issue is that I seriously do not understand how pastor Yonggi Cho fell into such. And he eventually had stroke. Hmmmm! Things actually went wrong.

Well, we need to read wide and about other nations and not only about ours.

I hope you guys arent angry or annoyed I put in my view here. May your new found friendship last for the two of you. But please, do good.

Goodluck sir and ma.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Tribute To Dr David Yonggi Cho by Dangerousboy(m): 12:47am On Sep 15, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:
Not sure if Yonggi Cho visited RCCG of Pastor Adeboye. But he visited MFM of Olukoya where he toured the whole facility in the prayer city in around 90s. He was a man of prayer. I read in his books that he would stay up in his room praying and seeking God's face on Saturdays for what to preach on Sundays. I guess he connected first with Dr. Olukoya of MFM who is a prayer warrior. Olukoya can pray while sleeping. And this was the reason he named MFM biggest facility "Prayer City". That's a place you attend and pray till you get answer. You battle and fight in the spirit in that arena.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrGM83DzLjA

But it beats my imagination he was convicted of corruption. He embezzled 12 million dollars. Whether he was lied against, I do not know. Or whether it was not deliberate, I cannot say. Well people may not really see anything wrong in it esp in this our country called Nigeria. But I have seen and witnessed pastors who diligently paid 30 - 40 % corporate tax and then paid 13% income tax in a nation that does not joke with tax. I am talking of Rick Renner. This is a faithful man of God who the Russian govt investigated many times but always award him a pass mark. This was why he faced Sunday Adelaja, the Nigerian pastor who founded a church in Ukraine at one time when Adelaja did some funny things. And Rick was right. The reason I talked about this issue is that I seriously do not understand how pastor Yonggi Cho fell into such. And he eventually had stroke. Hmmmm! Things actually went wrong.

Well, we need to read wide and about other nations and not only about ours.

I hope you guys arent angry or annoyed I put in my view here. May your new found friendship last for the two of you. But please, do good.

Goodluck sir and ma.
thanks for the information bro, your my friend too. We have one common denominator and that is Jesus.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Are Babies Going To Hell? / This issue of 'the future' / Dr. Paul Enenche Pays Condolence Visit To The Family Of Late Pastor Ezekiel Atan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.