Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,154 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:54 PM

Has Anyone Here Worked For Crossover.com As An Independent Contractor? - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Has Anyone Here Worked For Crossover.com As An Independent Contractor? (7649 Views)

Must I Have Worked For A Company To Be Eligible For Turing.com Job? / Software Engineering - Independent Contractor / Anyone Has Done Something On Data Structures And Algorithms On Crossover? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Anyone Here Worked For Crossover.com As An Independent Contractor? by TheExclusive: 6:40pm On Apr 04, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Telegram. @airsay

Bro, please how was your interview at crossover.

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Here Worked For Crossover.com As An Independent Contractor? by airsaylongcome: 8:50pm On Apr 04, 2022
TheExclusive:

Bro, please how was your interview at crossover.

Went well. Got an offer which I declined
Re: Has Anyone Here Worked For Crossover.com As An Independent Contractor? by TheExclusive: 9:23pm On Apr 04, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Went well. Got an offer which I declined

Okay bro. I am done with their assessments and expecting an interview invite. What's the nature of the interview. Any heads up will be appreciated.
Re: Has Anyone Here Worked For Crossover.com As An Independent Contractor? by airsaylongcome: 10:22pm On Apr 04, 2022
TheExclusive:

Okay bro. I am done with their assessments and expecting an interview invite. What's the nature of the interview. Any heads up will be appreciated.

I think it's a two-phase process. You speak with a HR recruiter. The aim is to evaluate if you have knowledge and experience in the field applied for and whether you are okay working with Crossover.com terms. Then if the recruiter is satisfied you speak with a Technical recruiter who does a somewhat in depth questioning of your technical knowledge of the field. I don't know the specifics of the role you applied for so I may not be able to properly and fully advise. After Technical recruiter then it's offer
Re: Has Anyone Here Worked For Crossover.com As An Independent Contractor? by TheExclusive: 11:53pm On Apr 04, 2022
airsaylongcome:

I think it's a two-phase process. You speak with a HR recruiter. The aim is to evaluate if you have knowledge and experience in the field applied for and whether you are okay working with Crossover.com terms. Then if the recruiter is satisfied you speak with a Technical recruiter who does a somewhat in depth questioning of your technical knowledge of the field. I don't know the specifics of the role you applied for so I may not be able to properly and fully advise. After Technical recruiter then it's offer
Thanks a lot bro. I really appreciate. Mine is a finance role.
Re: Has Anyone Here Worked For Crossover.com As An Independent Contractor? by airsaylongcome: 3:01am On Apr 05, 2022
TheExclusive:

Thanks a lot bro. I really appreciate. Mine is a finance role.

Crossover.com is a lot of work o! As in high pressure work with round the clock monitoring. I wish you success in your interview
Re: Has Anyone Here Worked For Crossover.com As An Independent Contractor? by TheExclusive: 10:20am On Apr 05, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Crossover.com is a lot of work o! As in high pressure work with round the clock monitoring. I wish you success in your interview
Thanks bro. I thought the said it's 8 hours per day. If it is 8 hours or slightly above, I'm fine. The pay looks justifiable for it. I will also consider it alongside other options.
Re: Has Anyone Here Worked For Crossover.com As An Independent Contractor? by airsaylongcome: 10:26am On Apr 05, 2022
TheExclusive:
Thanks bro. I thought the said it's 8 hours per day. If it is 8 hours or slightly above, I'm fine. The pay looks justifiable for it. I will also consider it alongside other options.

It's 9 hours with 1 hour of break supposedly. By "round the clock monitoring" I meant you will be closely monitored for that entire period. They make you install a software that records you and your computer screen for the entire work period. And your pay can get ducked for not looking at the screen at the random times when the software takes a picture of you

2 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Here Worked For Crossover.com As An Independent Contractor? by TheExclusive: 10:49am On Apr 05, 2022
airsaylongcome:

It's 9 hours with 1 hour of break supposedly. By "round the clock monitoring" I meant you will be closely monitored for that entire period. They make you install a software that records you and your computer screen for the entire work period. And your pay can get ducked for not looking at the screen at the random times when the software takes a picture of you
Bro, I don't mind o. How about bankers that work and close so late? Check it well n.a.. financial services firms too. Those ones don't even sleep 8 hours during busy season. I don't think crossover works weekends. Most companies in Nigeria do, directly or indirectly. That pay can make someone rich in a very short time. I will just play by their rules for as long as possible and also have an exit plan.
Re: Has Anyone Here Worked For Crossover.com As An Independent Contractor? by TheExclusive: 11:52am On Apr 15, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Good morning bro. Please were you asked to retake any of the tests during your interview and also, is it allowable to terminate the contract before its expiration?
Re: Has Anyone Here Worked For Crossover.com As An Independent Contractor? by airsaylongcome: 12:42pm On Apr 15, 2022
TheExclusive:

Good morning bro. Please were you asked to retake any of the tests during your interview and also, is it allowable to terminate the contract before its expiration?

During interview, no. After interview you sit for the CCAT if you accept the offer. It's basically a proctored version of the same aptitude test you sat for during the recruitment. There's a paid website that allows you prepare using similar question difficulty.

PS: Crossover.com came back with a different offer for another role. Day time hours. And I'm taking it

2 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Here Worked For Crossover.com As An Independent Contractor? by TheExclusive: 3:01pm On Apr 15, 2022
airsaylongcome:

During interview, no. After interview you sit for the CCAT if you accept the offer. It's basically a proctored version of the same aptitude test you sat for during the recruitment. There's a paid website that allows you prepare using similar question difficulty.

PS: Crossover.com came back with a different offer for another role. Day time hours. And I'm taking it
Okay bro. Thanks so much. I'm really appreciate.

Woow.........you must be very good o. They came back for you. Congratulations.

2 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Here Worked For Crossover.com As An Independent Contractor? by LikeAking: 11:05pm On Apr 15, 2022
Is crossover still active?

See dia footer dating 2021...

Re: Has Anyone Here Worked For Crossover.com As An Independent Contractor? by TheExclusive: 8:52pm On Apr 17, 2022
It is active.
Re: Has Anyone Here Worked For Crossover.com As An Independent Contractor? by haryomikun(m): 5:56am On Apr 19, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Damn, I just stumbled on this thread and the job history I’ve seen that you’ve posted on this thread is soliddd!
Crossover offered a role along the data science path?
Re: Has Anyone Here Worked For Crossover.com As An Independent Contractor? by haryomikun(m): 5:56am On Apr 19, 2022
LikeAking:
Is crossover still active?

See dia footer dating 2021...

They’re always posting on LinkedIn

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Here Worked For Crossover.com As An Independent Contractor? by airsaylongcome: 7:30am On Apr 19, 2022
haryomikun:

Damn, I just stumbled on this thread and the job history I’ve seen that you’ve posted on this thread is soliddd!
Crossover offered a role along the data science path?

Financial Data Analysis.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Anyone Here Worked For Crossover.com As An Independent Contractor? by haryomikun(m): 11:32am On Apr 20, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Financial Data Analysis.
That’s dope chief. I wish you success in your career path! Cheers!!

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Here Worked For Crossover.com As An Independent Contractor? by TheExclusive: 4:55pm On Apr 20, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Financial Data Analysis.
Did they ask about your certifications? Sorry for my plenty questions bro.
Re: Has Anyone Here Worked For Crossover.com As An Independent Contractor? by airsaylongcome: 7:36pm On Apr 20, 2022
TheExclusive:

Did they ask about your certifications? Sorry for my plenty questions bro.

Naaah. I have done some Financial Analysis work before though so that helped
Re: Has Anyone Here Worked For Crossover.com As An Independent Contractor? by TheExclusive: 8:10pm On Apr 20, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Naaah. I have dome some Financial Analysis work before though so that helped
Okay bro. God bless you real good!!
Re: Has Anyone Here Worked For Crossover.com As An Independent Contractor? by Bolaji16(m): 9:02am On Jun 15, 2022
@airsaylongcome, please I have some questions to inquire from you about crossover. Is it worth quitting a full time Nigerian job for? Thank you
Re: Has Anyone Here Worked For Crossover.com As An Independent Contractor? by airsaylongcome: 9:31am On Jun 15, 2022
Bolaji16:
@airsaylongcome, please I have some questions to inquire from you about crossover. Is it worth quitting a full time Nigerian job for? The role in question is L1 Customer support. Thank you

Have you passed your CCAT?
Re: Has Anyone Here Worked For Crossover.com As An Independent Contractor? by Bolaji16(m): 2:48pm On Jun 15, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Have you passed your CCAT?

Yes, I have been offered the job already. Done with all the accessments. I'm just yet to accept the offer letter and choose a start date.
Re: Has Anyone Here Worked For Crossover.com As An Independent Contractor? by airsaylongcome: 3:03pm On Jun 15, 2022
Bolaji16:

Yes, I have been offered the job already. Done with all the accessments. I'm just yet to accept the offer letter and choose a start date.

So there's an assessment after accepting the offer called a CCAT. It's the same aptitude test you did early in the process but proctored (invigilated). You are hired only AFTER passing that. You aren't allowed to use calculators on that one. Have you passed that one? If No, then don't quit yet. Even after you pass it I wouldn't advice you to quit immediately. Crossover.com jobs are Independent Contractor jobs. You can be fired at short notice.
Re: Has Anyone Here Worked For Crossover.com As An Independent Contractor? by Bolaji16(m): 10:18pm On Jun 15, 2022
airsaylongcome:

So there's an assessment after accepting the offer called a CCAT. It's the same aptitude test you did early in the process but proctored (invigilated). You are hired only AFTER passing that. You aren't allowed to use calculators on that one. Have you passed that one? If No, then don't quit yet. Even after you pass it I wouldn't advice you to quit immediately. Crossover.com jobs are Independent Contractor jobs. You can be fired at short notice.

I'd like to get your contact for better communication on this matter. I'd be glad to hear from you. Thank you
Re: Has Anyone Here Worked For Crossover.com As An Independent Contractor? by airsaylongcome: 10:45pm On Jun 15, 2022
Bolaji16:

I'd like to get your contact for better communication on this matter. Here's my email; bolajijoseph2011@gmail.com. I'd be glad to hear from you. Thank you

Hit me on Telegram

http://t(dot)me/airsay
Re: Has Anyone Here Worked For Crossover.com As An Independent Contractor? by Bolaji16(m): 9:22pm On Jun 16, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Hit me on Telegram

http://t(dot)me/airsay

Thanks. Dropped a message already
Re: Has Anyone Here Worked For Crossover.com As An Independent Contractor? by Ericnrm(m): 3:21am On Jul 01, 2022
airsaylongcome:
Still looking out for advice from previous and/current Crossover.com contractors. Dem don schedule session for me to engage with a HR staff to clarify my fears and worries. But personally I no dey trust HR at all

Good morning bro, what’s your experience with the crossover work environment and organizational culture so far? Is it as bad as the reviews made it out to be? I’m currently taking the tests to apply for a Sales Development Rep role and would love to hear from a Nigerian living in Nigeria on their personal experience
Re: Has Anyone Here Worked For Crossover.com As An Independent Contractor? by airsaylongcome: 7:33am On Jul 01, 2022
Ericnrm:

Good morning bro, what’s your experience with the crossover work environment and organizational culture so far? Is it as bad as the reviews made it out to be? I’m currently taking the tests to apply for a Sales Development Rep role and would love to hear from a Nigerian living in Nigeria on their personal experience

Hmmm. Let me just say the end justifies the means
Re: Has Anyone Here Worked For Crossover.com As An Independent Contractor? by tollyboy5(m): 1:08pm On Jul 01, 2022
I haven't pass their phycomrtric test yet.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Generate A Word File .doc/.docx Using Php / Share Your Gdevit.com Experience Here! All Trolls, Bots etc - stay out!! / Web Development Using ASP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.