Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,486 members, 7,816,149 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:39 AM

Help!! Withdrawals Symptoms From Anti Depressants - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help!! Withdrawals Symptoms From Anti Depressants (24186 Views)

Health Questions : On Anti-depressants / I Am In Serious Need Of Anti Depressants / Scientists Have Revealed Anti-depressants Are Effective (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!! Withdrawals Symptoms From Anti Depressants by kingscare1(m): 8:00pm On Sep 15, 2021
Pray
Re: Help!! Withdrawals Symptoms From Anti Depressants by rSOMA7: 8:00pm On Sep 15, 2021
I recommend 109.6 days of prayer and dry fasting

1 Like

Re: Help!! Withdrawals Symptoms From Anti Depressants by Nobody: 8:01pm On Sep 15, 2021
H
Re: Help!! Withdrawals Symptoms From Anti Depressants by igbowoman: 8:02pm On Sep 15, 2021
Re: Help!! Withdrawals Symptoms From Anti Depressants by firstratedcitiz(m): 8:02pm On Sep 15, 2021
Gloriouspraise:
I am having insomnia and getting brain zaps due to anti depressant given to me by a doctor... I really don’t know what to do at this moment , as I am scared of going to the hospital
See your doctor. He is in a better position to assess your condition and recommend appropriate solution to those symptoms.

1 Like

Re: Help!! Withdrawals Symptoms From Anti Depressants by TempUser: 8:03pm On Sep 15, 2021
Gloriouspraise:
I am having insomnia and getting brain zaps due to anti depressant given to me by a doctor , I sleep just 2 hours at night , and whenever I try to nap in the afternoon, it’s as if my brain is stopping me from that

I really don’t know what to do at this moment , as I am scared of going to the hospital

Try to learn Python programming language.

print("I am in your shoes" )
Re: Help!! Withdrawals Symptoms From Anti Depressants by guass(m): 8:03pm On Sep 15, 2021
Gloriouspraise:
I am having insomnia and getting brain zaps due to anti depressant given to me by a doctor , I sleep just 2 hours at night , and whenever I try to nap in the afternoon, it’s as if my brain is stopping me from that

I really don’t know what to do at this moment , as I am scared of going to the hospital
WE ARE IN THE SAME BOAT. I COMPLAINED OF INSOMNIA TO A DOCTOR, AND HE PRESCRIBED 'Bromazepam' WHICH GIVES ME ONLY 2 HOURS SLEEP AND ANY DAY I STOP TAKING IT, THAT NIGHT I WUD BE RESTLESS THROUGHOUT.

1 Like

Re: Help!! Withdrawals Symptoms From Anti Depressants by B055(m): 8:04pm On Sep 15, 2021
Gloriouspraise:

try weed

5 Likes

Re: Help!! Withdrawals Symptoms From Anti Depressants by Nobody: 8:05pm On Sep 15, 2021
Gloriouspraise:

same thing is happening to me but I took no depressants..mine is just all of a sudden
Re: Help!! Withdrawals Symptoms From Anti Depressants by condralbedez: 8:05pm On Sep 15, 2021
Go see your doctor,I have been there too.
Re: Help!! Withdrawals Symptoms From Anti Depressants by foreverproduct: 8:06pm On Sep 15, 2021
So sorry about your condition.

Pls get in touch and get some of our products. You will definitely be fine.
Re: Help!! Withdrawals Symptoms From Anti Depressants by delzbaba(m): 8:06pm On Sep 15, 2021
Why will someone take anti depressants in the first place, those things mess with the brain forever, abi u want to dey shake like leaf for old age.

5 Likes

Re: Help!! Withdrawals Symptoms From Anti Depressants by Jacobx007: 8:07pm On Sep 15, 2021
I have been on Amitriptyline for almost 10 years now, the first day I missed a dose i nearly died.
Now am afraid to stop, even the doctor that placed me on it has died.
Buying the drug is always a challenge cos I don't have prescription.
Hope I can find a solution here

5 Likes

Re: Help!! Withdrawals Symptoms From Anti Depressants by MumJJJ(f): 8:08pm On Sep 15, 2021
Gloriouspraise:

You don't just stop anti depressant medication like that. The same way you started gradually till you got to the does that worked for you, that's the same way you will gradually stop. The doses should be reduced gradually till you get to zero dose.
Please, go and meet that doctor that prescribed it. If he really knows what he's doing, he'll be in a better place to help you.
But, if you don't trust his competency, please go and see another doctor in that area.
Wishing you all the best

3 Likes

Re: Help!! Withdrawals Symptoms From Anti Depressants by gaiusolayinka: 8:09pm On Sep 15, 2021
Your current predicament is redeemable, you should see your doctor for a good plan on how to gradually tamper down the dose of your antidepressants provided you are achieving the maximum benefit at a lower dose.
Peradventure you are having some extrapyramidal side effect base on the current use, he could review your prescription for newer generation of antidepressants.

N.B. your Write up is incomplete as the particular name of your drug would have helped assess your condition better
Re: Help!! Withdrawals Symptoms From Anti Depressants by MumJJJ(f): 8:09pm On Sep 15, 2021
Jacobx007:
I have been on Amitriptyline for almost 10 years now, the first day I missed a dose nearly died.

Please, go to a general hospital or a teaching hospital. You'll sure see a doctor in that area for help.
Re: Help!! Withdrawals Symptoms From Anti Depressants by Professorcplus(m): 8:11pm On Sep 15, 2021
Gloriouspraise:

I almost regretted taking the drug prescription. But the deed has been done...
Sometimes it feels like your brain is shaking like gelly fish, you won't be able to concentrate especially when still and reading or pressing phone. If you stay in a quite place without movement it can occur like some like electric.

The only thing I did was avoid any mental tasking work to reduce the occurance. It might take month, years but stop the drug for once bear the unpleasant experience till it gradually fade away and make sure you eat lots of proteins and vitamin and fruits for your brain to have more glucose.

2 Likes

Re: Help!! Withdrawals Symptoms From Anti Depressants by MumJJJ(f): 8:12pm On Sep 15, 2021
Mandorland:
same thing is happening to me but I took no depressants..mine is just all of a sudden
Please, seek medical help.
Re: Help!! Withdrawals Symptoms From Anti Depressants by MyExpression(m): 8:12pm On Sep 15, 2021
Nyanyafk:
I feel your pain man. If you can soldier on for a week or so it will pass

Not a week o.

Just make up your mind to experience it for like a month straight up.

That's how I broke free from *grass*.

It wasn't an easy feel but I got used to the adverse rxn when I first broke free from TM, after it was banned and became expensive.

I told myself that I wasn't an addict and ill never buy stuff I used to buy one tab for 50naira, now 250 box.
I jejely resigned from it.
I no go waste my salary for anti-depressant drug wey nobody send me.
No be like say I kukuma dey depressed before...na just peer cruise.

9 Likes

Re: Help!! Withdrawals Symptoms From Anti Depressants by dalass(f): 8:12pm On Sep 15, 2021
Gloriouspraise:

Play cool and truly spiritual worship songs . ,. Music is medicine for the soul

1 Like

Re: Help!! Withdrawals Symptoms From Anti Depressants by TheMan3: 8:14pm On Sep 15, 2021
Gloriouspraise:

I think if you try using CBD, It will help you cope with the withdrawal. But consult your doctor though
Re: Help!! Withdrawals Symptoms From Anti Depressants by SenecaTheYonger: 8:15pm On Sep 15, 2021
Have you tried diaphragm breathing? I feel your brain might not be getting enough oxygen hence the issue.
Re: Help!! Withdrawals Symptoms From Anti Depressants by Kajaard: 8:15pm On Sep 15, 2021
igbowoman:
Don't stop antidepressants just like that
The doses have to be tapered off by your doctor before you stop
Go and see the doctor that placed you on it and tell him/ her of your symptoms.
Don't heed any advice anyone gives you here besides this

Op please heed this advice. You don't quit anti depressants just like that cold turkey.

cc: Gloriouspraise

1 Like

Re: Help!! Withdrawals Symptoms From Anti Depressants by Explicit02: 8:17pm On Sep 15, 2021
Jacobx007:
I have been on Amitriptyline for almost 10 years now, the first day I missed a dose i nearly died.
try see another doctor and tell him your challenges, you would be given the prescription.
Re: Help!! Withdrawals Symptoms From Anti Depressants by ogunjyde2004(m): 8:18pm On Sep 15, 2021
You need to see your doctor as soon as possible to complain about the reaction of the drug on your body and system.
Most antidepressant drugs work differently on individuals and most times doctors do try and error with the drugs. Sometimes they will prescribe drugs for you, about 5 times, before they will get the drug that will be compatible with your body and system.
Gloriouspraise:
I am having insomnia and getting brain zaps due to antidepressant given to me by a doctor , I sleep just 2 hours at night , and whenever I try to nap in the afternoon, it’s as if my brain is stopping me from that

Re: Help!! Withdrawals Symptoms From Anti Depressants by Mleeperbother: 8:19pm On Sep 15, 2021
Jacobx007:
I have been on Amitriptylline for almost 10 years now, the first day I missed a dose i nearly died.
How long did it take before the drug started working?
Re: Help!! Withdrawals Symptoms From Anti Depressants by Kay25(m): 8:21pm On Sep 15, 2021
Gregrego:
See a babalawo ASAP
you need jesus asap
Re: Help!! Withdrawals Symptoms From Anti Depressants by Jaqenhghar: 8:23pm On Sep 15, 2021
Gloriouspraise:

You are consulting people who believe depression is caused by not having enough money

2 Likes

Re: Help!! Withdrawals Symptoms From Anti Depressants by AngelicBeing: 8:23pm On Sep 15, 2021
FalseProphet1:
I see dark forces around you trying to make you run mad, I see an angel of God standing very close to you to help you, but your sins are making it impossible for him to do anything, I see the mercy of God extended to you, I see you getting back in your feet.

This I have seen.
tongue
Re: Help!! Withdrawals Symptoms From Anti Depressants by Kay25(m): 8:23pm On Sep 15, 2021
Gloriouspraise:

And so he giveth his beloveth sleep..
Re: Help!! Withdrawals Symptoms From Anti Depressants by dalass(f): 8:25pm On Sep 15, 2021
Gloriouspraise:

Also, tell your doctor your experience with the prescribed drug. It may not be suitable for you OR I'm sorry, but those doctors sometimes use patients as guinea pigs! So do go back and complain, they may need to change it

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Where Residents Of Anguwar Bakaro, Bauchi Fetch Drinking Water / Please Force Your Self To Stop Using Sniper Insecticide(it Causes Cancer) / Coronavirus named ‘Covid-19’ - WHO announces (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.