Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,740 members, 7,820,548 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

Help!! Withdrawals Symptoms From Anti Depressants - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help!! Withdrawals Symptoms From Anti Depressants (24191 Views)

Health Questions : On Anti-depressants / I Am In Serious Need Of Anti Depressants / Scientists Have Revealed Anti-depressants Are Effective (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!! Withdrawals Symptoms From Anti Depressants by bestmutiu2019(m): 9:46pm On Sep 15, 2021
RealLordZeus:
I dont know any anti depressants but withdrawal from caffeine do me shege that year.
E do me so tey when I piss, i dey fall (doc call it micturiton syncope)
Till now still battling with insomnia
guy I feel like to hug you fearless and climax anytime I took those shit I find it hard to sleep had to.stop it now

1 Like

Re: Help!! Withdrawals Symptoms From Anti Depressants by MyExpression(m): 10:07pm On Sep 15, 2021
DSC7:

@bolded grin grin grin

I run tramz wen 1 satchet of 225 na #50..

Last year during lockdown 1 tab became #500 na there yawa gazz,,, i begin look for how to balance the equation wit other trips but no way,,,, i run coco to sleep well, for where,,, na money i dey burn,,, i try reph e no still work,,,, after 2 weeks i no fit hold am again,,,,, no business and money don finish for hand,,,

I use vex carry ATM card face bank, reach there slot my card to withdraw money buy trams,,,, Lo and Behold naso First Bank swallow my ATM card cry

Make i stop here first,,,,, the matter too long

Hahahahhahahahaha
Wahala be like okro...

During lockdown, na grass save me ooo.
500 box, uncut...run am for like 2wks.

This life tight ooo, na God dey epp pesin!

1 Like

Re: Help!! Withdrawals Symptoms From Anti Depressants by Lokojatoofar: 10:09pm On Sep 15, 2021
Gloriouspraise:
I am having insomnia and getting brain zaps due to anti depressant given to me by a doctor , I sleep just 2 hours at night , and whenever I try to nap in the afternoon, it’s as if my brain is stopping me from that

I really don’t know what to do at this moment , as I am scared of going to the hospital

Get organic ripe banana, (non chemically treated) use the skin to make tea at night. Drink before going to bed.
Re: Help!! Withdrawals Symptoms From Anti Depressants by MeatCentral: 10:09pm On Sep 15, 2021
For the guys who started this, I'd like to empathize with you. It's a difficult position to be in. I was in it last year with hightened fear.

First two doctors said it was a panic attack and put me on pills. Final doc finally asked and felt it was coffee withdrawal. I'd tell you what helped me all those nights I could not sleep.

First, companionship. Get someone to talk to don't sleep alone. Second, music. Have some soft music on as you sleep. Third, Google abide youtube and download their sleep meditation. That will help. If you have money you can get their app and pay.

If you are a Christian go on YouTube and download Kenneth Hagins messages or download a full audio of positive thinking by Norman Pearle. All these will calm your mind.

Lastly have a good habit with your phone. Learn to keep it aside quite early. Sorry guys you'd ride it through
Re: Help!! Withdrawals Symptoms From Anti Depressants by osazsky(m): 10:43pm On Sep 15, 2021
Gloriouspraise:
I am having insomnia and getting brain zaps due to anti depressant given to me by a doctor , I sleep just 2 hours at night , and whenever I try to nap in the afternoon, it’s as if my brain is stopping me from that

I really don’t know what to do at this moment , as I am scared of going to the hospital
cause...excessive mastubatuon....caffeine...cola...not social...low self esteemed person...loneliness...oga nor be u carry the whole world problem...start attending churches regularly...always hang out with guys who do alcohol.. increase ur social life..I see u are shy...u cant approach females..difficulty in expressing ur self in public but u are very intelligent theoretically...if u dont address this...sorry to say..u may have to take amytryptiline and chlopromazine for the rest of your life..3 months from now u will be having zero hrs sleep..nothing in life will make u sleep..if psychiatric doctor give u ligatile injection self u go still they active they play self..its a mental thing...something triggered a part of your brain that was on it's own...I feel for u and pray u come out of this mess..pls dont get relieve from this by visiting brothels u may be infected with std and u could end up complicating your life the more
Re: Help!! Withdrawals Symptoms From Anti Depressants by osazsky(m): 10:48pm On Sep 15, 2021
Lokojatoofar:

Get organic ripe banana, (non chemically treated) use the skin to make tea at night. Drink before going to bed.
even if he drinks 1000000000 gallons of this tea..he nor go sleep..he should learn to listen to reggae music at night..if need be put it on repeat..he could come out of it naturally..he needs to learn to attend gathering..I know his type..I pray he gets out of this..if not he may be placed on amytryptiline pills and chlopromazine pills for life..no one deserves to go tru this..it is not a good experience. If he can ever overcome himself he should go for a very big Thanksgiving in his chc..sorry bro
Re: Help!! Withdrawals Symptoms From Anti Depressants by Angeltjazz2017(m): 11:07pm On Sep 15, 2021
FalseProphet1:
I see dark forces around you trying to make you run mad, I see an angel of God standing very close to you to help you, but your sins are making it impossible for him to do anything, I see the mercy of God extended to you, I see you getting back in your feet.

This I have seen.

All what you said it’s just a prediction. What did you see ? If God wish he will do miracles in his life,what did you know that is called sin?

My brother,now that you have realized to stop the addiction,start your withdrawing small small but for your own sanity don’t ever stop to zero percent drop at 10 percent but you will have to fight it till you get to 10%
Re: Help!! Withdrawals Symptoms From Anti Depressants by monogram: 11:08pm On Sep 15, 2021
Gloriouspraise:

You experience chills and its as if something is crawling in your head right? As if you chew vitamin c?
1. Stop amitriptyline or any antidepressant.
2. Buy vitamin c high milligram 1000mg or 500mg, zinc and magnesium you may get vitamin b12 too and use daily.
Going through the same after using setraline last year but its bluring out.
There is another drug that may help you but i do not know your condition.
Do you experience muscle twitching?
Re: Help!! Withdrawals Symptoms From Anti Depressants by onyedan(m): 11:18pm On Sep 15, 2021
Bros you take a bond step , is actually nice .
Don't be alone all the time
Read books
Exercise mostly in the evening two hours before 6 or 7pm
Talk to urself that is not that bad as it seem.
Read about the four temperament, identify the one u are and work on ur strength and do well not to be enclosed with ur weekness becus it add up to the issues.
Tell urself is not so bad as u think
Try to forget negative tins people thrown at ur face.
Just know u are not perfect
Don't afrial to make mistake
Lastly just avoid sins Remember this is the period u may find urself mustubating , thinking alot about sex and womans, pls avoid them if u can, but u can make friends with them
Pray every day like ur life depend on it
Look urself on the mirror and tell urself u are not that bad looking , admire those physical qualiy God has bless u with.
Another tin that drug was to help u engage with lively activity and not to clear ur depressed or major depressive disorder at once, is a gradual process and the solution is at ur disposal.
Work on ur emotion too
I pray God help u
Re: Help!! Withdrawals Symptoms From Anti Depressants by monogram: 11:20pm On Sep 15, 2021
Gloriouspraise:

I see you want to do ct scan. Nothing is wrong with your head btw. Do not waste your money. I've been there.
Re: Help!! Withdrawals Symptoms From Anti Depressants by monogram: 11:22pm On Sep 15, 2021
Gloriouspraise:

For how long has this started and when did you take the last dose?
Re: Help!! Withdrawals Symptoms From Anti Depressants by Segun2222: 11:39pm On Sep 15, 2021
Professorcplus:

I almost regretted taking the drug prescription. But the deed has been done...
Sometimes it feels like your brain is shaking like gelly fish, you won't be able to concentrate especially when still and reading or pressing phone. If you stay in a quite place without movement it can occur like some like electric.

The only thing I did was avoid any mental tasking work to reduce the occurance. It might take month, years but stop the drug for once bear the unpleasant experience till it gradually fade away and make sure you eat lots of proteins and vitamin and fruits for your brain to have more glucose.
don’t heed to this advice ……don’t stop cold turkey, withdrawal symptoms can also kill you faster than your addictions….you should only taper off or go to the hospital
Re: Help!! Withdrawals Symptoms From Anti Depressants by ecclize: 11:45pm On Sep 15, 2021
Op try exercise every morning.
at least 20 minutes exercise...
Re: Help!! Withdrawals Symptoms From Anti Depressants by blackslayer: 12:15am On Sep 16, 2021
General question! I already forgot about Nigeria having any future so i've not been following anything going on there.
Are things really bad in Nigeria at the moment? Exceptionally bad? So why are the citizens not marching and demanding a better country?
Re: Help!! Withdrawals Symptoms From Anti Depressants by Mendy101: 12:27am On Sep 16, 2021
FalseProphet1:
I see dark forces around you trying to make you run mad, I see an angel of God standing very close to you to help you, but your sins are making it impossible for him to do anything, I see the mercy of God extended to you, I see you getting back in your feet.

This I have seen.

You don’t see anything, you don’t even know anything about anything..this I have seen my arz

1 Like

Re: Help!! Withdrawals Symptoms From Anti Depressants by membranus: 1:00am On Sep 16, 2021
blackslayer:
General question! I already forgot about Nigeria having any future so i've not been following anything going on there.
Are things really bad in Nigeria at the moment? Exceptionally bad? So why are the citizens not marching and demanding a better country?

March and be killed.

That's the reason.

#Endsars2020.
Re: Help!! Withdrawals Symptoms From Anti Depressants by Nobody: 1:02am On Sep 16, 2021
You don’t stop those type of drugs just like that. You tapper it off. You stop it gradually over weeks else then side effects will be bad for you. Am still having side effects from the anxiety medications I took a year ago. It used to be terrible but now at least I can be active to an extent.
Re: Help!! Withdrawals Symptoms From Anti Depressants by LyfeJennings(m): 1:22am On Sep 16, 2021
O ga o
See problems.
Thank God o
Re: Help!! Withdrawals Symptoms From Anti Depressants by ghettochild(m): 1:26am On Sep 16, 2021
FalseProphet1:

This I have seen.
Crazy bastard... lol
Re: Help!! Withdrawals Symptoms From Anti Depressants by TheGift: 3:00am On Sep 16, 2021
Go to the Hospital.
Gloriouspraise:

Re: Help!! Withdrawals Symptoms From Anti Depressants by temielects(m): 3:21am On Sep 16, 2021
Don't go cold turkey on antidepressants they are bad for your mental health... Break a single dose into four parts and take them as one..exercise regularly, eat fruits and take a lot of water you'd be just fine!
Re: Help!! Withdrawals Symptoms From Anti Depressants by tujays(m): 3:40am On Sep 16, 2021
Jacobx007:
I have been on Amitriptyline for almost 10 years now, the first day I missed a dose i nearly died.
Now am afraid to stop, even the doctor that placed me on it has died.
Buying the drug is always a challenge cos I don't have prescription.
Hope I can find a solution here
lol.. so as the doctor died you didn't go see a new doctor, you just keep taking the one prescribed by the previous dead doctor.. bro you need to go find that doctor's grave and ask him on what to do next. grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!! Withdrawals Symptoms From Anti Depressants by Nobody: 3:53am On Sep 16, 2021
Coming off your medication can cause antidepressant withdrawal – and could set you up for a relapse of depression,going off your medication cause antidepressant withdrawal symptoms (antidepressant discontinuation syndrome)? About 10% of women ages 18 and over take antidepressants. As many of us know, these medications can be a godsend when depression has robbed life of its joy and made it hard to muster the energy and concentration to complete everyday tasks. But as you begin to feel better and want to move on, how long should you keep taking the pills?

If you're doing well on antidepressants and not complaining of too many side effects, many physicians will renew the prescription indefinitely — figuring that it offers a hedge against a relapse of depression. But side effects that you may have been willing to put up with initially — sexual side effects (decreased desire and difficulty having an orgasm), headache, insomnia, drowsiness, vivid dreaming, or just not feeling like yourself — can become less acceptable over time, especially if you think you no longer need the pills.
How to go off antidepressants
If you're thinking about stopping antidepressants, you should go step-by-step, and consider the following:

Take your time. You may be tempted to stop taking antidepressants as soon as your symptoms ease, but depression can return if you quit too soon. Clinicians generally recommend staying on the medication for six to nine months before considering going off antidepressants. If you've had three or more recurrences of depression, make that at least two years.

Talk to your clinician about the benefits and risks of antidepressants in your particular situation, and work with her or him in deciding whether (and when) to stop using them. Before discontinuing, you should feel confident that you're functioning well, that your life circumstances are stable, and that you can cope with any negative thoughts that might emerge. Don't try to quit while you're under stress or undergoing a significant change in your life, such as a new job or an illness.

Make a plan. Going off an antidepressant usually involves reducing your dose in increments, allowing two to six weeks between dose reductions. Your clinician can instruct you in tapering your dose and prescribe the appropriate dosage pills for making the change. The schedule will depend on which antidepressant you're taking, how long you've been on it, your current dose, and any symptoms you had during previous medication changes. It's also a good idea to keep a "mood calendar" on which you record your mood (on a scale of one to 10) on a daily basis.

Consider psychotherapy. Fewer than 20% of people on antidepressants undergo psychotherapy, although it's often important in recovering from depression and avoiding recurrence. In a meta-analysis of controlled studies, investigators at Harvard Medical School and other universities found that people who undergo psychotherapy while discontinuing an antidepressant are less likely to have a relapse.

Stay active. Bolster your internal resources with good nutrition, stress-reduction techniques, regular sleep — and especially physical activity. Exercise has a powerful antidepressant effect. It's been shown that people are far less likely to relapse after recovering from depression if they exercise three times a week or more. Exercise makes serotonin more available for binding to receptor sites on nerve cells, so it can compensate for changes in serotonin levels as you taper off SRIs and other medications that target the serotonin system.

Seek support. Stay in touch with your clinician as you go through the process. Let her or him know about any physical or emotional symptoms that could be related to discontinuation. If the symptoms are mild, you'll probably be reassured that they're just temporary, the result of the medication clearing your system. (A short course of a non-antidepressant medication such as an antihistamine, anti-anxiety medication, or sleeping aid can sometimes ease these symptoms.) If symptoms are severe, you might need to go back to a previous dose and reduce the levels more slowly. If you're taking an SRI with a short half-life, switching to a longer-acting drug like fluoxetine may help.

You may want to involve a relative or close friend in your planning. If people around you realize that you're discontinuing antidepressants and may occasionally be irritable or tearful, they'll be less likely to take it personally. A close friend or family member may also be able to recognize signs of recurring depression that you might not perceive.

Complete the taper. By the time you stop taking the medication, your dose will be tiny. (You may already have been cutting your pills in half or using a liquid formula to achieve progressively smaller doses.) Some psychiatrists prescribe a single 20-milligram tablet of fluoxetine the day after the last dose of a shorter-acting antidepressant in order to ease its final washout from the body, although this approach hasn't been tested in a clinical trial.

Check in with your clinician one month after you've stopped the medication altogether. At this follow-up appointment, she or he will check to make sure discontinuation symptoms have eased and there are no signs of returning depression. Ongoing monthly check-ins may be advised.

Re: Help!! Withdrawals Symptoms From Anti Depressants by Azuwonder(m): 4:55am On Sep 16, 2021
ejimatic:
Anti depressants are of different types Some are Imipraimme, Zoloft etc There could be withdrawal effects in some. What they do is to control the chemically imbalance caused by anxiety and depression. However Amitriptyline is safe and can be stopped any time.No dependence at all. It will make you sleep and you may have to start to reduce the dosage of you sleep too much. YOU will be okay my brother

Exactly what I was going to say.. Whatever he's experiencing could not have been caused by Amytriptiline.
He should check well and come clean if there were other drugs he took.

1 Like

Re: Help!! Withdrawals Symptoms From Anti Depressants by Gloriouspraise: 5:00am On Sep 16, 2021
monogram:

You experience chills and its as if something is crawling in your head right? As if you chew vitamin c?
1. Stop amitriptyline or any antidepressant.
2. Buy vitamin c high milligram 1000mg or 500mg, zinc and magnesium you may get vitamin b12 too and use daily.
Going through the same after using setraline last year but its bluring out.
There is another drug that may help you but i do not know your condition.
Do you experience muscle twitching?

Ok, I slept at 10pm yesterday
I am wide awake now
So is there any improvement on how you feel now, tell me how you feel before , and how you feel now
Re: Help!! Withdrawals Symptoms From Anti Depressants by Judolisco(m): 5:08am On Sep 16, 2021
Gloriouspraise:

look for cool songs and play I'll recommend hillsongs if u are a Christian.. Play it whenever you want to sleep and thank me later
Re: Help!! Withdrawals Symptoms From Anti Depressants by MoneyTrees(m): 5:11am On Sep 16, 2021
Y'all beating around the bush while the answer is there for everyone to see
That's why the good Lord said whoever has ears let him hear:

For a problem like this, any day you feel you need a cool heavenly relaxation, take 1 tab of swinol, 1 tablet of Ref, a very cold juice
Lock your doors
Lie back on the bed or couch doing your favorite something

Then thank me later
Gloriouspraise:

Re: Help!! Withdrawals Symptoms From Anti Depressants by Omojolaray(m): 5:30am On Sep 16, 2021
Gloriouspraise:

get promethazine syrup from any pharmacy like rophegan it helps with withdrawal
Re: Help!! Withdrawals Symptoms From Anti Depressants by ejimatic: 6:00am On Sep 16, 2021
Azuwonder:

Exactly what I was going to say.. Whatever he's experiencing could not have been caused by Amytriptiline.
He should check well and come clean if there were other drugs he took.
No he did not take Amitriptyline It is certain. I guess he took Lexotan for a long time unprescribed .instead of minimum of 3 to 5 days and 1,5 milligrams. Lexotan has a strong withdrawal symptom of taken for a long time.
Re: Help!! Withdrawals Symptoms From Anti Depressants by bleufaucon: 6:49am On Sep 16, 2021
Gloriouspraise:

You need to stop the medications immediately.
Increase the intake of water to help remove the drug gradually..
Increase the intake of plant based diet..
Suspend the consumption of processed foods like fizzy drinks, alcohol (if u indulge in it),
Eat loads of watermelon and if possible chew the seeds...
You can go for an endurance trek at evening time and ensure to get a good sweat ,take a shower of course, slice up some raw onions and go to bed..
You can also try out a steam bath to help exude the poison from ur body (don't be alarmed, that's what drugs really are)
Practice a deep breathing exercise just before you sleep...take a deep breath by inhaling through the nostrils,hold the breath for a few seconds and exhale through the mouth..
This breathing exercise would help to relax you further for a better sleep...
Be patient and diligent and your body would regain it's default mode functions..
When a person is ill and use synthetic drugs,they would have to recover twice,one from the illness and the other from the drug medication.
Using a medication to induce sleep could further disorganise the system so it's better to gradually regain yourself by consuming wholesome plant based food..
You must keep up with the evening endurance trek.. with time the syndromes will dissipate.

I wish you speedy recovery.
As there are very honest medical practitioners one must also be circumspect in all dealings for when you visit a prison establishment, the inmates come from all works of life.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Where Residents Of Anguwar Bakaro, Bauchi Fetch Drinking Water / My Guy Has Been Scratching His Underneath For Weeks / Coronavirus named ‘Covid-19’ - WHO announces (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.