Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,529 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

Help!! Withdrawals Symptoms From Anti Depressants - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help!! Withdrawals Symptoms From Anti Depressants (24188 Views)

Health Questions : On Anti-depressants / I Am In Serious Need Of Anti Depressants / Scientists Have Revealed Anti-depressants Are Effective (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!! Withdrawals Symptoms From Anti Depressants by olarhtunji(m): 7:15am On Sep 16, 2021
MYGRATEskillz:

I wish there was a support group for this sort of situations where we can share things like this and seek help

Drop your number. I’ll hit you up. I think Nairaland should also have a drug side effect group.
Re: Help!! Withdrawals Symptoms From Anti Depressants by Gloriouspraise: 7:24am On Sep 16, 2021
bleufaucon:

You need to stop the medications immediately.
Increase the intake of water to help remove the drug gradually..
Increase the intake of plant based diet..
Suspend the consumption of processed foods like fizzy drinks, alcohol (if u indulge in it),
Eat loads of watermelon and if possible chew the seeds...
You can go for an endurance trek at evening time and ensure to get a good sweat ,take a shower of course, slice up some raw onions and go to bed..
You can also try out a steam bath to help exude the poison from ur body (don't be alarmed, that's what drugs really are)
Practice a deep breathing exercise just before you sleep...take a deep breath by inhaling through the nostrils,hold the breath for a few seconds and exhale through the mouth..
This breathing exercise would help to relax you further for a better sleep...
Be patient and diligent and your body would regain it's default mode functions..
When a person is ill and use synthetic drugs,they would have to recover twice,one from the illness and the other from the drug medication.
Using a medication to induce sleep could further disorganise the system so it's better to gradually regain yourself by consuming wholesome plant based food..
You must keep up with the evening endurance trek.. with time the syndromes will dissipate.

I wish you speedy recovery.
As there are very honest medical practitioners one must also be circumspect in all dealings for when you visit a prison establishment, the inmates come from all works of life.

Thanks a lot , straight to the point , this should help me in my healing
Re: Help!! Withdrawals Symptoms From Anti Depressants by jimmynauty: 8:15am On Sep 16, 2021
Gloriouspraise:
I am having insomnia and getting brain zaps due to anti depressant given to me by a doctor , I sleep just 2 hours at night , and whenever I try to nap in the afternoon, it’s as if my brain is stopping me from that

I really don’t know what to do at this moment , as I am scared of going to the hospital

Above all , be calm and do your NAME!
Re: Help!! Withdrawals Symptoms From Anti Depressants by MYGRATEskillz(m): 8:19am On Sep 16, 2021
olarhtunji:

Drop your number. I’ll hit you up. I think Nairaland should also have a drug side effect group.

Re: Help!! Withdrawals Symptoms From Anti Depressants by Dumfrank(m): 8:25am On Sep 16, 2021
Cool! Same process I followed.

Downloaded a lot of Steven furtrick sermons, Elevation church. A lot of anxiety treatment music from YouTube, Etc. Stay positive!
MeatCentral:
For the guys who started this, I'd like to empathize with you. It's a difficult position to be in. I was in it last year with hightened fear.

First two doctors said it was a panic attack and put me on pills. Final doc finally asked and felt it was coffee withdrawal. I'd tell you what helped me all those nights I could not sleep.

First, companionship. Get someone to talk to don't sleep alone. Second, music. Have some soft music on as you sleep. Third, Google abide youtube and download their sleep meditation. That will help. If you have money you can get their app and pay.

If you are a Christian go on YouTube and download Kenneth Hagins messages or download a full audio of positive thinking by Norman Pearle. All these will calm your mind.

Lastly have a good habit with your phone. Learn to keep it aside quite early. Sorry guys you'd ride it through

Re: Help!! Withdrawals Symptoms From Anti Depressants by smudge2079(m): 8:40am On Sep 16, 2021
FalseProphet1:
I see dark forces around you trying to make you run mad, I see an angel of God standing very close to you to help you, but your sins are making it impossible for him to do anything, I see the mercy of God extended to you, I see you getting back in your feet.

This I have seen.
overseer, nice touch.
Re: Help!! Withdrawals Symptoms From Anti Depressants by WantsandMore: 9:09am On Sep 16, 2021
Try taking long walks
Eat protein based food
Change your diet to suit your current situation.
Intermittent fasting
If you are still agile try out some gym programs
This is to help with the sleep tho. My 2cent.
Re: Help!! Withdrawals Symptoms From Anti Depressants by Chrisvotel: 9:55am On Sep 16, 2021
wow this is serious, God will see you through
Re: Help!! Withdrawals Symptoms From Anti Depressants by godliman: 10:00am On Sep 16, 2021
You must have used that drug for too long. It is not good to become dependent on it. Discontinue the drug, go back and complain to the doctor. I think that syndrome will gradually go away. For now you must force yourself to sleep by lying still with your eyes closed in a quiet and shaded room for hours.
Re: Help!! Withdrawals Symptoms From Anti Depressants by monogram: 10:29am On Sep 16, 2021
Gloriouspraise:

Ok, I slept at 10pm yesterday
I am wide awake now
So is there any improvement on how you feel now, tell me how you feel before , and how you feel now
i had chest pressure, tingling and numbness with mine.
When did this start? and when did you take the last dose? I need to know. You can also add apple cider but do not use too much of it.
And yes i felt better. Especially with the magnesium.
Re: Help!! Withdrawals Symptoms From Anti Depressants by VanuatuWycombe: 11:50am On Sep 16, 2021
I pray God heals you, OP. Let your doc know how you are feeling. It may be one of the side effects of the drug.

On a lighter note, e reach to dey depressed for this Nigeria, upon all the things we carry in our heads, hearts and mind. More than half of Nigerians are depressed by default.
Re: Help!! Withdrawals Symptoms From Anti Depressants by gud4vvvvv: 11:10am On Sep 17, 2021
Y
Re: Help!! Withdrawals Symptoms From Anti Depressants by Azuwonder(m): 11:24am On Sep 18, 2021
ejimatic:
No he did not take Amitriptyline It is certain. I guess he took Lexotan for a long time unprescribed .instead of minimum of 3 to 5 days and 1,5 milligrams. Lexotan has a strong withdrawal symptom of taken for a long time.

Then the headline is misleading..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help!! Withdrawals Symptoms From Anti Depressants by Celmax(f): 9:57pm On Sep 19, 2021
Ok
Celmax:
You are struggling with two things:
1. The depression
2. The dependence you have developed for the antidepressants.
Re: Help!! Withdrawals Symptoms From Anti Depressants by Celmax(f): 9:58pm On Sep 19, 2021
quote author=Celmax post=105853272]You are struggling with two things:
1. The depression
2. The dependence you have developed for the antidepressants.[/quote]
Ok
Re: Help!! Withdrawals Symptoms From Anti Depressants by Gloriouspraise: 2:42am On Sep 21, 2021
ejimatic:
No he did not take Amitriptyline It is certain. I guess he took Lexotan for a long time unprescribed .instead of minimum of 3 to 5 days and 1,5 milligrams. Lexotan has a strong withdrawal symptom of taken for a long time.

The list of drugs I took
Nitrazepam
Amitryptilline
Lexotan
Diazepam
Re: Help!! Withdrawals Symptoms From Anti Depressants by ejimatic: 6:58am On Sep 21, 2021
Gloriouspraise:

The list of drugs I took
Nitrazepam
Amitryptilline
Lexotan
Diazepam
. With this combination of drugs you are going to have serious withdrawal symptoms.Additionally why did you take all of them at a times? It is too much please!.Lexotan is causing specifically your present symptoms.You should not take it for a long time.It should be between 3 to 5 days with 1.5 mg . Diazepam ( valium 5 ) can be taken between 3 and 5 days and only to at night .5 mg is enough at a time.If you take it for a long period for a time, you may also be depending on it to sleep . Amitriptyline is the safest of all of them.You can take it for weeks months and years.Nothing wil happen to you and you can stop it at any time.Depending on your age and the depression symptoms you have, you may take 25 mg at a time every day depending on your prescription.If you sleep too much you can break it into two 12 mg . You will be refreshed with this drug. Amitriptyline is a good drug always.My concern is who asked you to take all these drugs together at a time? I believe he is not a medical doctor.Combination of all these drugs is the cause of your present lack of sleep.I advise you use only Amitriptyline for now to control your present unwanted symptoms.You will be fine my brother don't be afraid.Depression and anxiety are not organic diseases but a chemical imbalance in the brain that can be controlled with drug. Most Nigerians are victims and they occur for various reasons.God will be with you .
Re: Help!! Withdrawals Symptoms From Anti Depressants by Gloriouspraise: 1:11pm On Sep 21, 2021
ejimatic:
. With this combination of drugs you are going to have serious withdrawal symptoms.Additionally why did you take all of them at a times? It is too much please!.Lexotan is causing specifically your present symptoms.You should not take it for a long time.It should be between 3 to 5 days with 1.5 mg . Diazepam ( valium 5 ) can be taken between 3 and 5 days and only to at night .5 mg is enough at a time.If you take it for a long period for a time, you may also be depending on it to sleep . Amitriptyline is the safest of all of them.You can take it for weeks months and years.Nothing wil happen to you and you can stop it at any time.Depending on your age and the depression symptoms you have, you may take 25 mg at a time every day depending on your prescription.If you sleep too much you can break it into two 12 mg . You will be refreshed with this drug. Amitriptyline is a good drug always.My concern is who asked you to take all these drugs together at a time? I believe he is not a medical doctor.Combination of all these drugs is the cause of your present lack of sleep.I advise you use only Amitriptyline for now to control your present unwanted symptoms.You will be fine my brother don't be afraid.Depression and anxiety are not organic diseases but a chemical imbalance in the brain that can be controlled with drug. Most Nigerians are victims and they occur for various reasons.God will be with you .

I don’t wish to go back on any of that drug , so what else can be done
Re: Help!! Withdrawals Symptoms From Anti Depressants by ejimatic: 2:34pm On Sep 21, 2021
Gloriouspraise:

I don’t wish to go back on any of that drug , so what else can be done
. You made us believe u can't sleep bc of yiur dependence on Lextitan and Valium. Go and use only Amitriptyline. Start with 15 milligrams That means u divide 25 milligrams into two. After three days take 25 millgrams. If you sleep too much you can still reduce it. Take it at 6 or 7 after food .. switch off the light of your room when u are on bed Don't close ur eyes to force sleep. Naturally the sleep will come. Don't be anxious whether you will sleep this night or not ...You will sleep rest assured.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Please Force Your Self To Stop Using Sniper Insecticide(it Causes Cancer) / Coronavirus named ‘Covid-19’ - WHO announces (Video) / Cameroonian Woman Whose Premature Baby Died (Pathetic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.