Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,049 members, 7,818,156 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

"People With 1st Class Work For Me" - 3rd Class University Graduate - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / "People With 1st Class Work For Me" - 3rd Class University Graduate (2968 Views)

Student Kicked Out Of OAU In Final Year, Graduates With 1st Class From FUTA / Noble Eyisi Graduates With 1st Class In The UK After Suspension From UNIZIK / Nursing Mum Graduates With 1st Class Despite Writing Final Exams While Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"People With 1st Class Work For Me" - 3rd Class University Graduate by Siggynigeria: 11:19am On Sep 15, 2021
Update from

A Twitter user @reedahkh has shared her unique story of how she graduated from the University with a 3rd class and now employs first class graduates, Siggy reveals.

Read her story below;

“I graduated with 3rd class. I employ people with 1st class and pay salaries. I earn what people with 1st class can’t even imagine earning. I have influence that 1st class people leverage on to help facilitate their wants. I’ve never used the 3rd class cert for anything above.”

Apparently some people are triggered by this tweet bcs they couldn’t comprehend the English. To break it down, your class of degree or certificate doesn’t determine your success in life. You can graduate with 1st class and be the most successful person on earth or vice versa

You can also graduate with 3rd class and be the most successful person in life or vice versa. What you people need to stop doing is shaming people that graduated with 3rd class.

I used to think 3rd class was the end of the world but look where I’m at in life. My class of degree motivated me to be better. I graduated top of my class in software development and again, the certificate didn’t do anything with respect to getting a job.

It was purely about my capacity as a developer. I also employ based on that. This 1st class-3rd class mentality is because our minds have been conditioned to see government employment as the goal of going to school.

Nonetheless, this doesn’t justify not paying attention to your course work in school.

https:///people-with-1st-class-work-for-me-3rd-class-university-graduate/

4 Likes

Re: "People With 1st Class Work For Me" - 3rd Class University Graduate by Siggynigeria: 11:20am On Sep 15, 2021
Woaww
Re: "People With 1st Class Work For Me" - 3rd Class University Graduate by YeyeGbami: 11:22am On Sep 15, 2021
Even people wey no pass school gate dey employ first class. all na God

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "People With 1st Class Work For Me" - 3rd Class University Graduate by Matheusmartin: 11:24am On Sep 15, 2021
Why didn't she employ fellow 3rd class to run her business?

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "People With 1st Class Work For Me" - 3rd Class University Graduate by donbachi(m): 11:42am On Sep 15, 2021
Thank GOD sey u get "class".. Some na pass dem graduate with.

Some collect certificate of attending a university.not a degree certificate.kinda like.." Thanks for coming".
Re: "People With 1st Class Work For Me" - 3rd Class University Graduate by Magnoliaa(f): 11:42am On Sep 15, 2021
This thinking is bullshit and smelly. I did not read the post. Deal with your inferiority complex and stop thinking about how the girl that takes first position in class is carrying CV upandan or how the most artistic and brilliant boy has chopped shoes from trekking everywhere. They are not the cause of your (formerly) dead brain and they did not 'hold' you from being brilliant and shining your shine in secondary and primary schools. It is the same strain of demonic cell that plagues men (and women) who happen to succeed and go out of the country and they'll feel the need to start 'peppering' people who turned them down, coming to you to start bragging. Can you not fking live your life and move on, even if you wanted to celebrate yourself?

If the successful '1st positioners' and 'first-classers' I know come here to share half of their wins, na erstwhile 'olodos' like these go still come dey drag them, say them too overdo. More often than not, the 'brilliant' students are too concerned with scholarships and essays and making international impacts, advancing their careers and life and living fulfilled that they don't have time to come to SM and coman be measuring dicks. Na other platforms, like CNN, UN and co., dey carry their achievements, unlike these 'self-blowing' of trumpets.

And yes, I understand the Nigerian educational system and the people who shame 3rd class graduates are no better than the 3rd class graduates who shame them in turn. We're intelligent in different ways and the system is not adequate to test that...

The sky is big enough for everyone to fly, abeg. Na life. And it's not some of their faults that they are born brilliant, rich, beautiful and bubbly, then come still find salvation ontop am. Some have that much put altogether for them, and I can only be happy for them. No hard feelings over 'ere at all.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: "People With 1st Class Work For Me" - 3rd Class University Graduate by BRATISLAVA: 11:51am On Sep 15, 2021
Magnoliaa:
This thinking is bullshit and smelly. I did not read the post. Deal with your inferiority complex and stop thinking about how the girl that takes first position in class is carrying CV upandan or how the most artistic and brilliant boy has chopped shoes from trekking everywhere. They are not the cause of your (formerly) dead brain and they did not 'hold' you from being brilliant and shining your shine in secondary and primary schools. It is the same strain of demonic cell that plagues men (and women) who happen to succeed and go out of the country and they'll feel the need to start 'peppering' people who turned them down, coming to you to start bragging. Can you not fking live your life and move on?

If the successful 1st positioners and first-classers I know come here to share half of their wins, na erstwhile 'olodos' like these go still come dey drag them, say them too overdo. Most times than not, the 'brilliant' students are too concerned with scholarships and essays and making international impacts, advancing their careers and life and living fulfilled that they don't have time to come to SM and coman be measuring dicks. Na other platforms, like CNN, UN and co. dey carry their achievements, unlike these self-blowing of trumpets.

The sky is big enough for everyone to fly, abeg. Na life. And it's not some of their faults that they are born brilliant, rich, beautiful and bubbly, then come still find salvation ontop am. Some have that much put altogether for them, and I can only be happy for them. No hard feelings over 'ere at all.

You've said everything.

Every 3rd Class degree holder is waiting for the moment they will tell us how they employed all the 1st class graduates that they knew, and how they are so much better off than they are. grin

If they are still employing them, it means they're still dumb and not smart enough. Otherwise they would do it on their own and brag properly.

Plus people who are good in school work good jobs and are company execs.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "People With 1st Class Work For Me" - 3rd Class University Graduate by Magnoliaa(f): 11:57am On Sep 15, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

You've said everything.

Every 3rd Class degree holder is waiting for the moment they will tell us how they employed all the 1st class graduates that they knew, and how they are so much better off than they are. grin

If they are still employing them, it means they're still dumb and not smart enough. Otherwise they would do it on their own and brag properly.

I meannnnn. They fact that they even have to employ first-class graduates shows that the qualification does something. To the first class* graduate they are employing, it might be a dream come through, but to them, they feel they are lifting them up. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "People With 1st Class Work For Me" - 3rd Class University Graduate by lilvicky68(m): 11:58am On Sep 15, 2021
Everybody must not be an employer if not they won't be employees..
Miss third class CEO.. I think you should get out and stop blabbing because you employed first class graduates..

Mtchewww

3 Likes

Re: "People With 1st Class Work For Me" - 3rd Class University Graduate by BRATISLAVA: 11:59am On Sep 15, 2021
grin grin grin
If they don't employ them, how will they brag?

The mentality is primitive.
Magnoliaa:

I meannnnn. They fact that they even have to employ first-class graduates shows that the qualification does something. To the first claws graduate they are employing, it might be a dream come through, but to them, they feel they are lifting them up. grin

1 Like

Re: "People With 1st Class Work For Me" - 3rd Class University Graduate by BRATISLAVA: 12:00pm On Sep 15, 2021
lilvicky68:
Everybody must not be an employer if not they won't be employees..
Miss third class CEO.. I think you should get out and stop blabbing because you employed first class graduates..

Mtchewww

You're still on this forum?
Re: "People With 1st Class Work For Me" - 3rd Class University Graduate by lilvicky68(m): 12:11pm On Sep 15, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

You're still on this forum?
Yes..I'm not yet done with nairaland..
Did you miss me;?
Re: "People With 1st Class Work For Me" - 3rd Class University Graduate by pocohantas(f): 1:12pm On Sep 15, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

You've said everything.

2.2 and 3rd class people are restless demons.

grin grin grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "People With 1st Class Work For Me" - 3rd Class University Graduate by TalkTalkTwins(m): 2:15pm On Sep 15, 2021
ok
Re: "People With 1st Class Work For Me" - 3rd Class University Graduate by Nobody: 2:23pm On Sep 15, 2021
First class no be who collect extra sheet.
Best in class is not best in life.
Las las school na....

2 Likes

Re: "People With 1st Class Work For Me" - 3rd Class University Graduate by Emmanuel909090: 2:24pm On Sep 15, 2021
Grace
Re: "People With 1st Class Work For Me" - 3rd Class University Graduate by edoairways: 2:24pm On Sep 15, 2021
Matheusmartin:

Are you jealous or terrified of her achievement?
Re: "People With 1st Class Work For Me" - 3rd Class University Graduate by BRATISLAVA: 2:28pm On Sep 15, 2021
lilvicky68:

Yes..I'm not yet done with nairaland..
Did you miss me;?

Not yet done? Is the forum a construction project that needs to be done at some point?

I didn't miss you. I Mr you.

1 Like

Re: "People With 1st Class Work For Me" - 3rd Class University Graduate by Matheusmartin: 2:30pm On Sep 15, 2021
edoairways:

Are you jealous or terrified of her achievement?
What achievements

The one on the pages of Twitter?

It's very possible she's even lying.
Re: "People With 1st Class Work For Me" - 3rd Class University Graduate by edoairways: 2:33pm On Sep 15, 2021
Matheusmartin:
What achievements

You are just jealous. She is saying the truth
Re: "People With 1st Class Work For Me" - 3rd Class University Graduate by BRATISLAVA: 2:36pm On Sep 15, 2021
Matheusmartin:
What achievements

She may not be lying, but she's repeating a washed out story borne of inferiority. You don't see 1st class grads making up threads constantly to find a sense of purpose for their degree class, years later when everyone has moved on with their lives.

The 1st class grads I know are doing really well and they don't come online to tell us who they employ. In fact, their positions are juicy and they live quietly.

Everyone can't be smart, neither can they all be rich. The sooner people like this lady realize that and stop the comparisons, the better.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "People With 1st Class Work For Me" - 3rd Class University Graduate by Matheusmartin: 2:36pm On Sep 15, 2021
edoairways:

You are just jealous. She is saying the truth
K
Re: "People With 1st Class Work For Me" - 3rd Class University Graduate by lilvicky68(m): 3:00pm On Sep 15, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

Not yet done? Is the forum a construction project that needs to be done at some point?

I didn't miss you. I Mr you.
grin x2
Re: "People With 1st Class Work For Me" - 3rd Class University Graduate by cassidy1996(m): 3:44pm On Sep 15, 2021
Matheusmartin:

lol
Re: "People With 1st Class Work For Me" - 3rd Class University Graduate by DrayZee: 4:44pm On Sep 15, 2021
The First Class wey she no get really pain am.
It’’s good that life is working out for her.
Re: "People With 1st Class Work For Me" - 3rd Class University Graduate by Timagex(m): 5:54pm On Sep 15, 2021
cool
Re: "People With 1st Class Work For Me" - 3rd Class University Graduate by NuelFarms: 6:41pm On Sep 15, 2021
Well this life no just balance sha
Re: "People With 1st Class Work For Me" - 3rd Class University Graduate by Chuky7(m): 6:44pm On Sep 15, 2021
Magnoliaa:
This thinking is bullshit and smelly. I did not read the post. Deal with your inferiority complex and stop thinking about how the girl that takes first position in class is carrying CV upandan or how the most artistic and brilliant boy has chopped shoes from trekking everywhere. They are not the cause of your (formerly) dead brain and they did not 'hold' you from being brilliant and shining your shine in secondary and primary schools. It is the same strain of demonic cell that plagues men (and women) who happen to succeed and go out of the country and they'll feel the need to start 'peppering' people who turned them down, coming to you to start bragging. Can you not fking live your life and move on, even if you wanted to celebrate yourself?

If the successful '1st positioners' and 'first-classers' I know come here to share half of their wins, na erstwhile 'olodos' like these go still come dey drag them, say them too overdo. Most times than not, the 'brilliant' students are too concerned with scholarships and essays and making international impacts, advancing their careers and life and living fulfilled that they don't have time to come to SM and coman be measuring dicks. Na other platforms, like CNN, UN and co., dey carry their achievements, unlike these 'self-blowing' of trumpets.

And yes, I understand the Nigerian educational system and the people who shame 3rd class graduates are no better than the 3rd class graduates who shame them in turn. We're intelligent in different ways and the system is not adequate to test that...

Why so vexed. you people miss the whole point of this tweet. the tweet was posted to ENCOURAGE others in that same position not as a slander to first class read it again and you'll see.

honestly I taught she was one of those I made 3rd class and I made it crew but I read it thoroughly and she even has a concrete background

she runs her own business(a health startup) worked for NCDC. got an Award from the french government.
had gigs at DFID UNICEF WHO
AFD FGN. she has brains. Nigeria educational system failed her don't hate cause you had got lucky and had it better.

3 Likes

Re: "People With 1st Class Work For Me" - 3rd Class University Graduate by Chuky7(m): 6:46pm On Sep 15, 2021
Magnoliaa:

If the successful '1st positioners' and 'first-classers' I know come here to share half of their wins, na erstwhile 'olodos' like these go still come dey drag them, say them too overdo. Most times than not, the 'brilliant' students are too concerned with scholarships and essays and making international impacts, advancing their careers and life and living fulfilled that they don't have time to come to SM and coman be measuring dicks. Na other platforms, like CNN, UN and co., dey carry their achievements, unlike these 'self-blowing' of trumpets.

Re: "People With 1st Class Work For Me" - 3rd Class University Graduate by CSTRR: 6:55pm On Sep 15, 2021
Shut up, olodo.

Do you know how many people that are a success today on the basis of their first class?

Too many to count.
Once you graduate with a first class, your life becomes a lot easier, unless you don't know what you are doing.

You won't even struggle to travel out.

Na full scholarship go dey rush you.
As long as you know what you are doing.
Re: "People With 1st Class Work For Me" - 3rd Class University Graduate by Magnoliaa(f): 7:11pm On Sep 15, 2021
Chuky7:

Why so vexed. you people miss the whole point of this tweet. the tweet was posted to ENCOURAGE others in that same position not as a slander to first class read it again and you'll see.

honestly I taught she was one of those I made 3rd class and I made it crew but I read it thoroughly and she even has a concrete background

she runs her own business(a health startup) worked for NCDC. got an Award from the french government.
had gigs at DFID UNICEF WHO
AFD FGN. she has brains. Nigeria educational system failed her don't hate cause you had got lucky and had it better.

The point she later went to elaborate on? It's an old gist, by the way. And the tweets deleted by her. If she's doing well, good for her, and I wasn't responding to her post per se (as I did not initially read it), just addressing the general mentality and behaviour prominent amongst such people...there are some the academic situation did bad, and there are some that truly aren't good when it comes to schooling and excel in the business world.

It is always the 3rd class graduates coming up with talks like these. They should deal with their internalized and flawed values of the society.

1 Like

Re: "People With 1st Class Work For Me" - 3rd Class University Graduate by bukatyne(f): 7:21pm On Sep 15, 2021
Na ooooo!

3rd class madam don chop gbas gbos! cheesy grin

Anyways, it is inferiority complex that makes you constantly compare yourself to people whom you think are better than you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Neco Nov/dec Registration Is Still On. / Neco Online 2011 Registration Errors / Ansu Supplementary Form Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.