Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,229 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:05 AM

Please Come Suggest For Me - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Please Come Suggest For Me (30723 Views)

Twitter Asks Some Sacked Workers To Please Come Back / What Computer Lesson Can You Suggest For Someone / Suggest A Sustainable Handwork For A Jambite (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Come Suggest For Me by Aguogba(m): 2:16pm On Sep 15, 2021
If you be automechanic and you set your feet in America, Europe, Canada or Australia, you're made for life.
If you come combine am with auto-diagnostics using software and ability to fix peripherals such as drive shaft, axle and differential, pneumatic suspension and shock absorbers/ alignment/ balancing, undercarriage welding (exhaust/catalyst), etc then na billionaire in Naira you don become.

2 Likes

Re: Please Come Suggest For Me by techstack: 2:18pm On Sep 15, 2021
kalex0:

Reason for this?

Its just about design
Any one can learn it
Re: Please Come Suggest For Me by airsaylongcome: 2:18pm On Sep 15, 2021
bmdmix11:

hair making
tailor
just learn all fashion things n avoid black people there trust let ur friends b more foreigners

Wrong mindset! Just be "people smart". The same oyinbo people you are running to will let you down in your hour of greatest need. I know of a guy who lost his wife due to childbirth in Sweden. Avoided the African community. When wife die leaving a new born and a 4 year old toddler, baba was in utter confusion. Oyinbo just called on phone to condole with him. Na still the same black people wey hin dey avoid rally around to babysit for him as he had to keep working.

2 Likes

Re: Please Come Suggest For Me by bmdmix11: 2:20pm On Sep 15, 2021
airsaylongcome:

Wrong mindset! Just be "people smart". The same oyinbo people you are running to will let you down in your hour of greatest need. I know of a guy who lost his wife due to childbirth in Sweden. Avoided the African community. When wife die leaving a new born and a 4 year old toddler, baba was in utter confusion. Oyinbo just called on phone to condole with him. Na still the same black people wey hin dey avoid rally around to babysit for him as he had to keep working.
ok anything else
Re: Please Come Suggest For Me by techstack: 2:20pm On Sep 15, 2021
ManOfCompetence:

Please what's this azure cloud....

Azure is a public cloud computing platform

Google it.
Check Youtube
Learn
Re: Please Come Suggest For Me by Abiboss: 2:20pm On Sep 15, 2021
Mercychen:
Plumbing
Hair dressing

Butchering of meat and chicken. I heard they earn a lot.
Butchering really?
Re: Please Come Suggest For Me by humberjade: 2:20pm On Sep 15, 2021
Plus everything everyone has mentioned here, try include driving...make sure you know how to drive and go with your Nigerian drivers license because some countries recognise it and help change it to theirs without the rigours of going to a driving school and exams.

It is very very important...extremely important...nah life saver the thing be...especially b4 you get that dream job

2 Likes

Re: Please Come Suggest For Me by techstack: 2:21pm On Sep 15, 2021
Femmyfestus:

How lucrative is this UI/UX pls.
and is it a must for someone to know website development to get into it

Very lucrative especially if you are very creative

Google it.
Check Youtube
Learn

2 Likes

Re: Please Come Suggest For Me by rita25(f): 2:21pm On Sep 15, 2021
hairmaking and nursing is your sure bet
Re: Please Come Suggest For Me by Nobody: 2:22pm On Sep 15, 2021
Abiboss:

Butchering really?

Yep.
Re: Please Come Suggest For Me by Abiboss: 2:22pm On Sep 15, 2021
Uncleodi:
Barbing

Trust me, you will need it even for yourself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaEXfVULgNo
True
Re: Please Come Suggest For Me by Ashirioluwa: 2:23pm On Sep 15, 2021
diplomat058:
How about being a Chartered Accountant plus having Software development skills?

You will still need to write CPA exam. You will definitely get a job if you able to pass CPA exam

1 Like

Re: Please Come Suggest For Me by Abiboss: 2:27pm On Sep 15, 2021
BigDawsNet:
If you wanna move to the States

i will advice you to get these skills

Barber/Hair dressing : around $13 to $22 per hour

Plumber : you can earn around $45 to $200 per hour

Electrician: around $40 to $200 {a female friend in another state called an electrician to replace two bulbs...it cost her $200}

finally

Digital Skills
Software development/Graphics designer
Bro what about driving? Like Uber, taxi and truck?
Re: Please Come Suggest For Me by Ashirioluwa: 2:37pm On Sep 15, 2021
Mercychen:

I don't understand. Are you saying it's not lucrative?

Though a guy I used to know back then was earning big from it. He said it pays.

$20 an hour is a okay pay but not LUCRATIVE as you termed it. Maybe okay when you are single or just arrived to the country and able to get cheap apartment to rent. Rent in some of the areas are ridiculous. Ready to pay large percentage of your salary if you have kids and you want to live in a good school district.

But I will advise you to travel out of Naija if you have the opportunity to do so because you will be able to better your life and that of your kids.

1 Like

Re: Please Come Suggest For Me by BigDawsNet: 2:40pm On Sep 15, 2021
Abiboss:

Bro what about driving? Like Uber, taxi and truck?

Uber $15 - $23/per trip

You will hav to rent Taxi : you earn $100/day

Truck driver : $35/per hour

1 Like

Re: Please Come Suggest For Me by Nobody: 2:42pm On Sep 15, 2021
Ashirioluwa:

$20 an hour is a okay pay but not LUCRATIVE as you termed it. Maybe okay when you are single or just arrived to the country and able to get cheap apartment to rent. Rent in some of the areas are ridiculous. Ready to pay large percentage of your salary if you have kids and you want to live in a good school district

Oh.. $20 per hour? You didn't include that it was per hour before.

Yeah, it's lucrative by Nigerian standard. But by abroad standard like you said, it's just ok.
Re: Please Come Suggest For Me by Abiboss: 2:42pm On Sep 15, 2021
BigDawsNet:

Uber $15 - $23/per trip

You will hav to rent Taxi : you earn $100/day

Truck driver : $35/per hour
Thanks bro no vex ooo, abeg what about graphic design?
Re: Please Come Suggest For Me by Uncleodi(m): 2:46pm On Sep 15, 2021
Itulah:

grin I can relate bro...That was how I landed Germany. A week later, I enter hair saloon a week later and saw 30Euro to cut ordinary hair, that's 14k+ in today's money. Biko how much does Hair clipper and the whole saloon cost in Nigeria?

I barb my hair myself till date. Thank God I acquired the skill way back before leaving Nigeria.

Haircut is very expensive abroad
Re: Please Come Suggest For Me by Gentlealibu: 2:48pm On Sep 15, 2021
thinktanke:
I don't know about any other part of the world but as for north America. Be sure you can drive well. With this skill you are likely to achieve in 3yrs what it takes many to get to in 10yrs. Also the willingness to work and not think you are smarter than others.

What kind of driving bro? Is it trailer driving or small cars driving?
Re: Please Come Suggest For Me by BigDawsNet: 2:54pm On Sep 15, 2021
Abiboss:

Thanks bro no vex ooo, abeg what about graphic design?

Vex me...comon bro...you just ask any questions...I will be glad to reply them...

If you working for a single company as a graphics designer...you can make average of $23/per hour

But if you running Freelancer....it depends on our many clients you get in a months or week..

On freelancer site...you will see the minimum earnings for graphics designers

1 Like

Re: Please Come Suggest For Me by Ashirioluwa: 2:56pm On Sep 15, 2021
Gentlealibu:

What kind of driving bro? Is it trailer driving or small cars driving?
Long trailer or truck driver - class A CDL
Re: Please Come Suggest For Me by Abiboss: 3:03pm On Sep 15, 2021
BigDawsNet:

Vex me...comon bro...you just ask any questions...I will be glad to reply them...

If you working for a single company as a graphics designer...you can make average of $23/per hour

But if you running Freelancer....it depends on our many clients you get in a months or week..

On freelancer site...you will see the minimum earnings for graphics designers
Nice one I'm processing UK though and I pray it works out as planned Insha Allah.

2 Likes

Re: Please Come Suggest For Me by zoedew: 3:04pm On Sep 15, 2021
music skills. one language www. you will adjust to the genres.
Re: Please Come Suggest For Me by seyz91(m): 3:05pm On Sep 15, 2021
cheesy can't you just be serious for once here grin
mbahdi:
Bricklaying or tailoring.as u can see how lucrative our darling abba kyari business was
Re: Please Come Suggest For Me by princewarri1985: 3:10pm On Sep 15, 2021
Sister that old profession, i mean that very very old profession, i have forgotten the name self, i heard from a very reliable source that it pays very well abroad, even more than oil money, am still trying to remember the name of the profession
Re: Please Come Suggest For Me by Mouthpis(m): 3:13pm On Sep 15, 2021
princewarri1985:
Sister that old profession, i mean that very very old profession, i have forgotten the name self, i heard from a very reliable source that it pays very well abroad, even more than oil money, am still trying to remember the name of the profession

Werey...���
Re: Please Come Suggest For Me by BigDawsNet: 3:14pm On Sep 15, 2021
Abiboss:

Nice one I'm processing UK though and I pray it works out as planned Insha Allah.

Amen bro

Note all this info maybe diff from UK

1 Like

Re: Please Come Suggest For Me by uvie66: 3:16pm On Sep 15, 2021
bmdmix11:

hair making
tailor
just learn all fashion things n avoid black people there trust let ur friends b more foreigners
I don't understand if you learn tailor work or braiding how can you then avoid African people...Oyinbo no need Brazilian hair oooo and them no dey go owambe.
Re: Please Come Suggest For Me by klacikokizo(m): 3:17pm On Sep 15, 2021
CUT SOAP FOR ME II.............FREE DIGITAL MARKETING MASTERCLASS.

��� HOT HOT HOT � � �

����
Interested in Learning a High-Income Skill like Digital Marketing?
I will be holding a FREE Corrosive Masterclass, teaching you all I know.
What you will LEARN
� How I run high converting ads for clients (HOT)……. Facebook, Instagram, Google, LinkedIn.
� How I create engaging content for my clients
� How to Register your Business on Google so customers can find you online and contact you.
� Into Freelancing as a Business (FIVERR)

BONUS
� Access to my E-Book (5 Ways to Elevate Your Social Media Presence) worth 5k
� Access to Video Materials
� Certificate at the End to Training

Date: 19th – 21th September 2021
Cost: FREE
For the First 20 persons only

�Click the Link below to join the Class Below �

https:///EVpcMbKMlq1DDgzqthJwYY

Re: Please Come Suggest For Me by bmdmix11: 3:20pm On Sep 15, 2021
uvie66:
I don't understand if you learn tailor work or braiding how can you then avoid African people...Oyinbo no need Brazilian hair oooo and them no dey go owambe.
so hair making nah only braiding of hair?
Re: Please Come Suggest For Me by Gentlealibu: 3:20pm On Sep 15, 2021
Ashirioluwa:

Long trailer or truck driver - class A CDL

Ok bro, the problem is learning it here in naija. You must have to learn with our long haul driver's as there are no truck driving schools in naija
Re: Please Come Suggest For Me by greatnaija01: 3:36pm On Sep 15, 2021
uchechefaith:
Please what handwork is advisable for someone planning to relocate abroad to learn, that will be useful both home and abroad.

For years, you always come online with this ridiculous plea for help... YET it amounts to nothing, DON'T YOU EVER LEARN?

See, I don't care if you are a lady.... go and find a need and provide solutions to that need... and people will pay you for it... OFFLINE or ONLINE.

Stop coming here since 2019 and asking questions from strangers who don't know you or care.

If someone says go into IT (like the last time you posted this same kind of topic), the problem is... ICT is not for everyone... what if you are not compatible with programming or techy things...

See, stop wasting your time on nairaland, if you want to learn, then go and learn. NO ONE KNOWS YOU, SO NO ONE CAN CHOOSE CORRECTLY FOR YOU.

enough abeg

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Does One Become An Investment Banker ? / A Co-worker Was Sacked Yesterday For Not Coming To Work On Public Holiday. / What Are The Career Opportunities For A Nutrition And Dietetics Graduate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.