Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,110 members, 7,835,747 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:17 PM

Your Worst Flying Experience! - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Your Worst Flying Experience! (6709 Views)

Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time / Domestic Airlines Barred From Flying Foreign-registered Planes / Flying From Lagos To Abuja Through London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Worst Flying Experience! by namski(m): 2:52am On Jun 05, 2011
Mine was attempting to fly my kite back in the days when I was about 7-8years old. Ended up running from pillar to post, but without wind, there was no way to keep the kite flying. I dont think I can have a worse experience than that. However, I comot hat for indie22 and her flight experience - Ibi like tale from hell.
Re: Your Worst Flying Experience! by Onyocha: 9:15am On Jun 05, 2011
virgin nigeria-while descending,the pilot in one instance made the plane to descend in a way that it felt like a stone was being pulled down by gravity.even a child screamed at the feeling.

bellview-turbulence from bad weather.the pilot was an id.iot.i was more than ever sure i was going to die.i was holding the seat "not to fall", lol
you could really feel the wind was incharge and not the pilot.
Re: Your Worst Flying Experience! by folakeojo(f): 12:07pm On Jun 05, 2011
my worst experience has to be on my first return trip to nigeria from chicago via madrid. The airline was iberia (which i believe is the worst airline ever) and i was coming back alone. The flight from chicago to madrid was ok but d one to nija was d issue. We had boarded d plane when all of a sudden the pilot announced dat d plane had no frequency. I was so shocked cos i didnt and still dont kknow what dat means but we all had to come down. while we waited i even met an elderly man dressed in native clothing who claimed he was a chief in his town and dat they had delayed him at the checkpoint and he had missed his flight so his luggage wud be waiting for him @ lagos when he got there. eventually we got back on then d plane started shaking violently for a vry very long time and when we eventually landed i didnt get my luggage along with some other passengers until afta a week. (this was after we all planned to disrupt one of their flights b4 take-off) grin. I don't wish dat airline on even the devil.
Re: Your Worst Flying Experience! by hispy99(m): 7:54pm On Jun 05, 2011
maclatunji:

I was in the plane from Calabar to Lagos. About 2/3rd of the journey, I started feeling pressure on my ears. Gradually, my hearing dropped and as the pressure increased so did the pain. I looked around and saw that everybody was quite normal except me. The couple beside me were chatting away without problems (at this point, I could not hear what they were saying). The lady seemed to identify my condition, saying it was cabin pressure. I was in serious pain for about the next twenty minutes (holding my head like superman suffering from kryptonite) until the plane landed in Lagos. Funny, I have not done more research on that predicament to see if there is anything I can do to prevent a re-ocurrence. Prior to that I was on a flight from Lagos to Calabar and everything went fine.

I have the same issue too. I use air plugs and they work all the time. I put them on before the flight takes off, take them out into the flight and put them back on before the pilot begins the descent, which is usually like 30-40 minutes before the plane lands. Also try, popping out your ears by holding your nose and "popping" your ears, this works to relieve the pressure if it has already built up.
Re: Your Worst Flying Experience! by OBEHIOYE(m): 12:12am On Jun 06, 2011
In July 2009, i was travelling from Lagos to Enugu on a late ARIK flight - 7pm.
The Plane was quite small to start with and then on ascending the wether was terribly bad.
Although the pilot announced that we were gonnna experience some TURBULENCE but omo mehn, the turbulence come make the whole plane turn to church oh, na praise and worship we kon dey sing!!!!
A flight of 45mins, lasted for 1hr45mins,
There were lots of Ibo business men on the flight and mehn, u needed to hear all their accented singing and praying,,,,,,JESUS, i nearly shit for pant.
When the plane finally landed, half of us immediately knelt on the runway after de-boarding and thanked GOD for saving our lives,
Re: Your Worst Flying Experience! by Nobody: 12:45am On Jun 06, 2011
Mine has to be with Arik Air from Lagos to Benin City in April, 2009. That was the first and last time I flew with them. My flight was scheduled to depart Lagos at 3.30pm. By 5.45pm, we hadn't even boarded the plane. We eventually boarded the plane at 6.15pm (almost 3 hours after the originally scheduled time) after some Igbo lady screamed about how she'd been waiting since 2pm and had an appointment in 45mins. The plane was tiny (not small, TINY) and looked like a molue both in and out. Just when I thought the worst had ended, it was just beginning for me. As the plane gained altitude, I lost my hearing. My ears were hurting badly. I had flown more than a thousand times prior to that but that was the first time my ears were in such a bad shape. I was at the point of crying. It took almost 6 hours after I got off that flight for my ears to return to normalcy. To say I was displeased is an oversimplification. Man, after that experience, I just remained with the Aero Contractors I was and still used to.
Re: Your Worst Flying Experience! by Jarus(m): 10:14am On Jun 22, 2011
ItsModella:

Mine has to be with Arik Air from Lagos to Benin City in April, 2009. That was the first and last time I flew with them. My flight was scheduled to depart Lagos at 3.30pm. By 5.45pm, we hadn't even boarded the plane. We eventually boarded the plane at 6.15pm (almost 3 hours after the originally scheduled time) after some Igbo lady screamed about how she'd been waiting since 2pm and had an appointment in 45mins. The plane was tiny (not small, TINY) and looked like a molue both in and out. Just when I thought the worst had ended, it was just beginning for me. As the plane gained altitude, I lost my hearing. My ears were hurting badly. I had flown more than a thousand times prior to that but that was the first time my ears were in such a bad shape. I was at the point of crying. It took almost 6 hours after I got off that flight for my ears to return to normalcy. To say I was displeased is an oversimplification. Man, after that experience, I just remained with the Aero Contractors I was and still used to.
This must be the Arik plane I flew Lagos-Ilorin sometime late 2009!!! I was even joking with someone in teh aircraft that, is this an aeroplane or okada, given the noise?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Long Does Uk Visa Renewal Take? / South Korea Visa rules eased / Express Entry Or PNP Which Is Easier For PR To Canada?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.