Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,741 members, 7,824,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

Bible Verses That Prove God Is Not Against The Use Of Nose Ring. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bible Verses That Prove God Is Not Against The Use Of Nose Ring. (1232 Views)

Is There A Way To Prove God Exist Apart From The Scripture? / Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? / "You Can't Prove God Is Real." Can You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bible Verses That Prove God Is Not Against The Use Of Nose Ring. by Kobojunkie: 4:10pm On Sep 16, 2021
christaddicted:
We do.
Let's examine Ezekiel 16 where God also mentioned nose rings...

3 and say, Thus says the Lord God to Jerusalem: Your origin and your birth are of the land of the Canaanites; your father was an Amorite and your mother a Hittite.
4 And as for your birth, on the day you were born your cord was not cut, nor were you washed with water to cleanse you, nor rubbed with salt, nor wrapped in swaddling cloths.
5 No eye pitied you, to do any of these things to you out of compassion for you, but you were cast out on the open field, for you were abhorred, on the day that you were born.

6 “And when I passed by you and saw you wallowing in your blood, I said to you in your blood, ‘Live!’ I said to you in your blood, ‘Live!’
7 I made you flourish like a plant of the field. And you grew up and became tall and arrived at full adornment. Your breasts were formed, and your hair had grown; yet you were naked and bare.

8 “When I passed by you again and saw you, behold, you were at the age for love, and I spread the corner of my garment over you and covered your unclothedness; I made my vow to you and entered into a covenant with you, declares the Lord God, and you became mine.
9 Then I bathed you with water and washed off your blood from you and anointed you with oil.
10 I clothed you also with embroidered cloth and shod you with fine leather. I wrapped you in fine linen and covered you with silk.
11 And I adorned you with ornaments and put bracelets on your wrists and a chain on your neck.
12 And I put a ring on your nose and earrings in your ears and a beautiful crown on your head.
Please note that the one doing the adorning was God, not men. undecided
Re: Bible Verses That Prove God Is Not Against The Use Of Nose Ring. by Myer(m): 8:00pm On Sep 16, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Even Islamic nations don't band anyone who fully complies with their orders, so Russia is exhibiting the venom poured in them by the Orthodox Church. For your information it's not only JWs that are banned in Russia even your own Church can't operate there because you must not preach in the public! cheesy

Because we are praying for them to have a change of heart {Luke 23:34 compare to Act 7:60} and many people are changing! Act 6:7

We are walking by faith {2Corinthians 5:7} and most people who have been persecutors of the faith are now changing {Act 22:4} so if a person places such in front of his house we will know that he's still not interested in our message but if not, who knows what he or she is undergoing presently? And shame will not allow most of them to come out and stand in front of their house to invite us in after so much hatred they've shown in the past! smiley

You still won't get it.

Do you know that you sound very much like a stalker justifying stalking someone who has clearly told you to avoid her?

It is very disturbing to have a pest and a bug in your house right?
That's exactly how it feels when someone has obviously told you they do not have any interest in your organisation yet you keep pestering them all in the name of you have a target to reach out to in your evangelism so as to give a report in your next meeting.

It's interesting you expect every Russian to place a card on their doors just because of you yet you have not placed a card on your own doors for Boko Haram or ISWAP not to kidnap you since you're also not interested in their form of evangelism.
Re: Bible Verses That Prove God Is Not Against The Use Of Nose Ring. by Kobojunkie: 2:10am On Sep 17, 2021
olayiwola4u:

The dress codes churches, of this generation, mandated for their members are mostly based on culture and not necessarily the Bible standard. Good people have been misjudged due to their dressing style. You can't judge a book by its cover. If we are to judge the righteousness of people by what they wear, we will misjudge people like Elijah, John and Jesus in the Bible.
The problem with these doctrines and traditions that men preach is they are lies where the Truth of God, Jesus Christ, is concerned, Abomination that brings curses on those who preach these lies and those who live by said lies - Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 undecided

Lies told in the name of God are in no way harmless
..instead they are curses on those who teach them and those who live by them. undecided
Re: Bible Verses That Prove God Is Not Against The Use Of Nose Ring. by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:03am On Sep 17, 2021
Myer:

You still won't get it.
Do you know that you sound very much like a stalker justifying stalking someone who has clearly told you to avoid her?
It is very disturbing to have a pest and a bug in your house right?
That's exactly how it feels when someone has obviously told you they do not have any interest in your organisation yet you keep pestering them all in the name of you have a target to reach out to in your evangelism so as to give a report in your next meeting.
It's interesting you expect every Russian to place a card on their doors just because of you yet you have not placed a card on your own doors for Boko Haram or ISWAP not to kidnap you since you're also not interested in their form of evangelism.

The highlighted is a very important point!

"A stitch in time saves nine" they say.

Please note this fact and tell others around you: Boko Haram and ISWAP are not against your religion, rather they're interested in ruling your community!

So they're not preaching for you to become a Muslim. Naaaaaaaaaaaaa their interest is to take over power from those ruling over you so they're using religion as a backup plan to weaken you. In this regard Muslims in your community will be confused as whether to join in the struggle for power or not while you will be intimidated due to the incessant killings around you. That's why the Boko Haram do kill Muslims supporting democratic rule in opposition to the SHARIA! wink

But in the case where JWs have preached to them before they strike they will not worry about us because they already know that when they seize power we will never oppose them {Romans 13:1-3 compare to Matthew 5:41; 22:21} and whatever rules they set we will quickly adapt to the system!

So don't think going to make peace ahead of time of trouble is a foolish idea, Jesus the world's most Wonderful Counselor of all times {Isaiah 9:6} only begotten Son of God initiated this! Matthew 10:11-15

You can't make anything sensible out of what Satan is infusing in your head because people do visit people and the only reason why people visit people is to make friends through sharing thoughts {Malachi 3:16} so your opinion is flawed! Job 5:13

(1) (2) (Reply)

The World Is Closer To Its End Than Ever: / Maranatha Convention '07 / Pastor Wanted For Theft

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.